Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Frigid Temps in Denver this Sunday

amfootball

I think he will do fine. The Titans won't challenge the Broncos with offensive production the way Brady or the way Flacco did in the playoffs. So, even if he puts up 27 points, the Broncos can still win.

It only matters vs teams that can make the game close enough, IMO, and can go toe-to-toe on offense with the Broncos. Pats can, the Ravens surprisingly did when they were on their run in the playoffs. Colts with Wayne can. The others, I don't think so.

I do wonder what critics will say once he beats a good team in cold weather. I can hear the lines now.

"Sometimes, the football gods throw you a bone."

"Moreno sealed the victory not Manning."

"The founder of Poppa Johns sent over uncooked free pizzas the night before to make the opposition ill & help Peyton emerge victorious." 

"Gatorade laced their beverage with sleeping pills to make the entire starting Titans roster sluggish & drowsy. Don't drink the blue liquid Denver. Stick with the orange liquid only." 

That's how I handle harsh criticism. I deflate it with humor. 

It has to be messing with Peyton's head.

Someone needs to do a good sequence of jokes about winter gloves too. 

"Maybe Santa Claus can bring 18 warmer gloves for Christmas. Ho! Ho! Ho! " 

"Real QBs go all natural & need no creature comforts on their skin." Okay, that was a little too cruel. Sorry Peyton. 

"The last time a special glove was needed, Michael Jackson was doing the moon walk from the Thriller album. Hee! Hee! Hee!" LOL! 

If a QB plays along with their perceived achilles heel a little bit, it tends to remove the impact of the piercing sting. The 1 thing you can't do is pretend that no flaw exists. Peyton knows what hurdle he must jump over now. He is always up for a new challenge to conquer. 

I gave my Colts/Bengals tickets to a friend to use.   Cincy is looking to be pretty cold too, with snow and freezing rain.   I decided to stay home and watch from my warm living room   ;)

Smart move Gramz. :thmup:   Wonder if Luck has ever played in snow and freezing rain  :???:

Accuweather has a gametime temp of 18% with no snow and minimal wind. The "real feel" by the end of the game may be more like 10%, but this isn't anything remotely like either the Ravens game or the recent Pats game. Did the forecast change dramatically, or am I looking at the wrong thing (or was am looking at the wrong thing?).

I'm looking at it as a nice "warmup" for the playoffs. If Peyton could throw into the wind at the end of the Pats game this should be easy.

Accuweather has a gametime temp of 18% with no snow and minimal wind. The "real feel" by the end of the game may be more like 10%, but this isn't anything remotely like either the Ravens game or the recent Pats game. Did the forecast change dramatically, or am I looking at the wrong thing (or was am looking at the wrong thing?).

I'm looking at it as a nice "warmup" for the playoffs. If Peyton could throw into the wind at the end of the Pats game this should be easy.

That's what I see...MAC.....high teens with snow flurries..

..This may be a strange game....Tennessee rarely plays in cold weather....

The odd thing about Denver?  It was 55 a week ago and it'll be 45 next Thursday for Denver-SD..

Denver weather is well, unusual

Think it's messing with your head more than Peyton's. :funny: Must be tough being a Pats Fan and watching Peyton get so close to Brady's TD record. :sigh:

Not at all. I'm confident Peyton will get the record. I'll be happy for him. Don't mistake my honesty for dislike. I'm a football fan and have always enjoyed watching Peyton play but I don't ignore his tendencies.

Tis the season for bad weather.

I'd like to see them work Hillman back in...

He's faster than anyone else they have playing on offense

Riddle how do u know Welker was a Patriot ??

simple go to Bronco Practice

Friday's temperatures made Thursday's Broncos practice seem downright balmy by comparison. The team practiced outside for the second consecutive day to finish up its week.

On Thursday, temperatures hovered in the single digits,    

Friday they struggled to get above zero.

&

Receiver Wes Welker receives the award for bravest — or craziest — player, as he went without sleeves despite the temperatures.

(( I guess its aapparently easier to play in Frigid Cold once one has so amny times ))

Read more: John Fox to coach Broncos from sidelines vs. Titans on Sunday; Derek Wolfe misses Friday's frigid practice - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24670331/derek-wolfe-out-friday-practice-denver-broncos#ixzz2mj0nFfUc

Friday's temperatures made Thursday's Broncos practice seem downright balmy by comparison. The team practiced outside for the second consecutive day to finish up its week.

On Thursday, temperatures hovered in the single digits,    

&

Receiver Wes Welker receives the award for bravest — or craziest — player, as he went without sleeves despite the temperatures.

(( I guess its aapparently easier to play in Frigid Cold once one has so amny times ))

Read more: John Fox to coach Broncos from sidelines vs. Titans on Sunday; Derek Wolfe misses Friday's frigid practice - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24670331/derek-wolfe-out-friday-practice-denver-broncos#ixzz2mj0nFfUc

Award him for being the biggest dummy. It's ok to put more clothes on when it's cold......you're not fooling anyone.

On Thursday, temperatures hovered in the single digits,

&

Catching some balls when it matters would also be nice.

Catching some balls when it matters would also be nice.

absolutely , he dropped enough hard rocks at New England when it mattered

or as ball said after he fumbled, i felt like I was trying to hold a ball made of ice

,,as said Must go, this is why I am now hesitant to comment

No longer can afford back and forth conversation, I just thought when got that articled e-mailed top me it was such a crazy thing to do I had top quickly post that line

also on how stupid it is to do that made me chuckle and I need that lately so posted it

I think you may see a lot of Moreno, Ball, Hillman like the Pats game.

In all seriousness this could very well happen. However, TEN is not as easy to run over as the Patriots so I doubt he'll hand it off that much.

And for Denver's sake I would certainly hope to see a lot of Moreno and next to nothing of Butterfingers Ball and Hillman. Although Ball had a nice little game against KC, I wouldn't trust him whatsoever. Yet.

You were on your high, picking up on everybody and the saints get a beat down, you are brought down to earth, don't start it again, another beat down would wipe you out

And you aren't always on your high horse bragging about Denver and New England being unstoppable?

It can go both ways

Saints lost, my life don't revolve around it.