Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Frigid Temps in Denver this Sunday

amfootball

Denver should win easily but it's getting to crunch time and we know about Peyton in a pinch. This cold and Peyton's past is without question weighing on the team as a whole.

Perhaps, but a win in chilly weather will put all those anxieties at bay. Eventually, Peyton will win a game in cold weather. While it may be a weakness/stumbling block to overcome at the moment, I highly doubt that chilly temperatures will systematically cripple him or his teammates, let alone bring them to a complete standstill either. See posts 10 & 11 on the 1st page for all the pre-written naysayer excuses at your fingertips. 

If any QB can defy the odds, Yoda AKA Peyton Manning can. "I don't believe it!"--Luke Skywalker. "That is why you fail." --Yoda. "Empire Strikes Back" 

Yes, I will admit it. The Star Wars trilogy [The original 1977-1986 one] had a huge impact on my life & that story will always resonate with me for personal family reasons, but the point is this: I believe Peyton can rise up to the challenge & overcome it & I could care less about those individuals who think I'm nuts. It doesn't bother SW1 1 bit. 

Havent looked it up bu t dont forget, Thursday night they host the Chargers, as its a night game i am sure will be cold too, hoepfully not frigid, alot depends on wind though , thats  a major factor

having neck issues myself & have to say in my experience at least u need some days to ease back before going out again or nerve damage feels compounded

Hey its his choice, he could of been playing for these same Titans for much more money in generally warmer weather and contract for life in what suddenly is an easy divison, Times sure change fast

Glaad hes not Vs Colts twice every year and in playoffs

In all seriousness this could very well happen. However, TEN is not as easy to run over as the Patriots so I doubt he'll hand it off that much.

And for Denver's sake I would certainly hope to see a lot of Moreno and next to nothing of Butterfingers Ball and Hillman. Although Ball had a nice little game against KC, I wouldn't trust him whatsoever. Yet.

Tis the season for bad weather.

Accuweather has a gametime temp of 18% with no snow and minimal wind. The "real feel" by the end of the game may be more like 10%, but this isn't anything remotely like either the Ravens game or the recent Pats game. Did the forecast change dramatically, or am I looking at the wrong thing (or was am looking at the wrong thing?).

I'm looking at it as a nice "warmup" for the playoffs. If Peyton could throw into the wind at the end of the Pats game this should be easy.

Someone needs to do a good sequence of jokes about winter gloves too. 

"Maybe Santa Claus can bring 18 warmer gloves for Christmas. Ho! Ho! Ho! " 

"Real QBs go all natural & need no creature comforts on their skin." Okay, that was a little too cruel. Sorry Peyton. 

"The last time a special glove was needed, Michael Jackson was doing the moon walk from the Thriller album. Hee! Hee! Hee!" LOL! 

If a QB plays along with their perceived achilles heel a little bit, it tends to remove the impact of the piercing sting. The 1 thing you can't do is pretend that no flaw exists. Peyton knows what hurdle he must jump over now. He is always up for a new challenge to conquer. 

"And in related news, the Denver Broncos unexpectedly unveiled modified uniforms that they will be rolling out this weekend..."

snuggie-denverbroncos.jpg

I think he'll have an off day and only throw four touchdown passes and pass around 350 yards.

P. Manning 36/54 373yds  4TD              0INT                                                                 

That's with about eight drops and no Welker for half the game.

There are 9 mins to go. One more score and he's gone unless TEN gets a quick one here. 44-28  Only two TD's +2 two point conversions down now.

Edit: 51-28 now with 3:00 to go. He's done or if nothing else will just hand it off.

P. Manning 36/54 373yds  4TD              0INT                                                                 

That's with about eight drops and no Welker for half the game.

There are 9 mins to go. One more score and he's gone unless TEN gets a quick one here. 44-28  Only two TD's +2 two point conversions down now.

Edit: 51-28 now with 3:00 to go. He's done or if nothing else will just hand it off.

Nice game for Manning. Welker will be interesting to monitor as I think it was another concussion. That Pollard is a beast.

Nice game for Manning. Welker will be interesting to monitor as I think it was another concussion. That Pollard is a beast.

Pollard didn't hit him, but yes it was another concussion. I'd say sit him until week 17, at least. Just to maybe give him a game back before the playoffs.

He had a few drops in the game but made some nice catches, too. He really needs to get his drops sorted before playoffs when it really matters.

If they make the playoffs, I really hope the Pats don't play them. I shudder every time that guy is on the field.

Off the top of my head...

Brady

Welker (Twice) Once in Houston once tonight.

Ridley

Gronk

Am I missing anyone? All pretty important players, too.

The best thing the Patriots could have done is sign the guy.

Brady

Ridley

Gronk

He has other non-patriot causalities but for sure he dooms the Pats every time.

Peyton will throw a lot. Watch out.

Here is a "i told you so" moment.

There are certain players you don't want to provoke. Everyone was talking about cold weather blah blah.

I have never seen him sling it like this. Man there was not a single wobble.

Not for some 10 dropped passes, he would have had 500 yards with 6 TDs easily.

Brady

Ridley

Gronk

He was the last person to tackle Aaron Hernandez. Can't make this stuff up.