Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DHB at RB (merge)

Jay Kirk

My issue with that is he's 6'2". That's really tall for a RB. Most successful RB's are short because they have a lower center of gravity and are harder to see for the defense behind the o-line. Also, being a RB doesn't exempt him from catching. We saw today Chris Johnson was called on to catch a few passes, including an endzone TD, screens, and a pass to the flats.

If DHB can't catch a pass that hits him square in the chest, I don't see how he will catch many screen passes.

A Peterson is 6'1 and a pound lighter so an inch difference doesn't matter. But DHB needs to get over his fear of being hit and getting a concussion. That's why he isn't focusing on catch the ball. He is worried about getting hit after the catch

A Peterson is 6'1 and a pound lighter so an inch difference doesn't matter. But DHB needs to get over his fear of being hit and getting a concussion. That's why he isn't focusing on catch the ball. He is worried about getting hit after the catch

give it up

I mean look at him.

He's like 6'1 isn't he?

Runs a 4.2ish

He can locate the ball, just can't catch it

Based on that resume, he's already better than Vaughn lol

Actually I think he might have trouble locating the deep ball too.  His issues are beyond drops.  There was 4 years of NFL evidence for this.

Over his career, he's rarely connected on targets over 20 yards (something like 17% completion percentage when targeting him over 20 yards).  It was dismissed as bad QB play when we signed him.   So some deep passes that other WRs might adjust to and make a play on just look like bad passes if he fails to locate it and adjust.  If you do happen to hit him in stride, then the drops come into play.   He could still be dangerous for YAC on quick slants which is kind of what I was expecting out of him this season but it's tough to target him if you don't have confidence he'll catch it.  I feel bad for him because he does seem to be working hard -- but he's really struggling now.

How many times are we going to have to see him drop a big pass in a need situation with the game on the line?He almost cost us big ,I for one am ready to see Rodgers get his shot.My question is Pagano to stubborn ? I mean the pass hit him right in the numbers. 

Yes, Pagano IS too stubborn. 

Pagano is very vet-oriented and is super uncomfortable with giving a rookie a chance if he has a vet available for the position.

Is the coach in denial about releasing DHB?  He simply needs to go, he is a liability, week in,  week out.  Just make a trade or something or else he is going to cost you a ball game, perhaps the one that counts....It's all about winning, or did you forget Mr "Chuckstrong"?

DHB needs to sit, he can't create separation, he keeps trying to catch with his body and not his hands, and he has stone mitts.  I keep hearing that he stays extra for time on the jugs machine, but it doesn't seem to help. Give someone else a try

Yes they need to give Rogers a good dose of playing time even if hes a rookie. Think the kids got plenty of talent.