Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DHB at RB (merge)

Jay Kirk

How many times are we going to have to see him drop a big pass in a need situation with the game on the line?He almost cost us big ,I for one am ready to see Rodgers get his shot.My question is Pagano to stubborn ? I mean the pass hit him right in the numbers. 

I know this is far fetched.  It is too bad to waste such talent on a player, but DHB simply cannot catch footballs on a consistent basis.  I remember years ago the Chargers drafted a TE named Rod Bernstein in the first round.  He has a TE bust, but after some years they made him a RB and he was decent.  DHB is build like a RB.  It would be interesting to see if someone gave him a shot to run the ball.  His hand/eye coordination is just off.

I know this is far fetched.  It is too bad to waste such talent on a player, but DHB simply cannot catch footballs on a consistent basis.  I remember years ago the Chargers drafted a TE named Rod Bernstein in the first round.  He has a TE bust, but after some years they made him a RB and he was decent.  DHB is build like a RB.  It would be interesting to see if someone gave him a shot to run the ball.  His hand/eye coordination is just off.

My issue with that is he's 6'2". That's really tall for a RB. Most successful RB's are short because they have a lower center of gravity and are harder to see for the defense behind the o-line. Also, being a RB doesn't exempt him from catching. We saw today Chris Johnson was called on to catch a few passes, including an endzone TD, screens, and a pass to the flats.

If DHB can't catch a pass that hits him square in the chest, I don't see how he will catch many screen passes.

Just put DHB at CB. That's the old days definition of a CB. "A WR that can't catch"

He runs a 4.2ish so at least we know he won't be burnt too often

Just put DHB at CB. That's the old days definition of a CB. "A WR that can't catch"

He runs a 4.2ish so at least we know he won't be burnt too often

Actually sounds interesting TK

I've always liked the option of changing positional players.

My issue with that is he's 6'2". That's really tall for a RB. Most successful RB's are short because they have a lower center of gravity and are harder to see for the defense behind the o-line. Also, being a RB doesn't exempt him from catching. We saw today Chris Johnson was called on to catch a few passes, including an endzone TD, screens, and a pass to the flats.

If DHB can't catch a pass that hits him square in the chest, I don't see how he will catch many screen passes.

Im with you don't see him as a RB at all.

since he catch catch and hold onto a ball,  what makes you think he can handle a handoff and hold onto it?  certainly can't use him in a screen pass.

Just stop with the nonsense. The guy sucks. He isn't a returner, he isn't a rb, he isn't a cb. It is like a good amount of people here started watching football a couple years ago.

He is a bust wr. That is it

Although im inclined to agree with your assessment ,Pagano doesn't see it.My thread was about his drops,its a merged thread now

Although im inclined to agree with your assessment ,Pagano doesn't see it.My thread was about his drops,its a merged thread now

anyone talking about converting him to anything other than unemployed or on the bench should be banned until they understand football

anyone talking about converting him to anything other than unemployed or on the bench should be banned until they understand football

Once again my thread I started didn't have anything to do with what your reffering to ,it got merged .If you don't like the thread you don't have to comment.Some may not know as much ,but would you like to run them off ?Benching him is exactly my wish.

First of all the name is Rogers. You should drop the d like Heyward-Bey drops passes. If Heyward-Bey sees the field let him run reverses... he seems to be fairly good at that. Rogers has to be in fully next week.

Yes if you do that they would know its coming .