Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We need to fix the offensive line ASAP! (merge)

bap1331

Our defense saved us this time but our defense is not red hot like this all the time. How can we fix this? We did well up until the Broncos game. What happened? Who is out?

Reggie Wayne got open. Current recieving corp cant, so Luck is holding the ball for longer waiting for guys to get open, and the bad o line play is getting him creamed for it. Its why we should have made a move for a WR when he went down.

No Reggie, no quick release option. No quick release option + bad o line play = a sad passing game

Since defenses know they can cover the recievers man to man (doubling TY as needed). It means the following is the defensive strategy to stop the Colts:

1) Double TY Hilton and man coverage other recievers

2) Stack the box and sell out to stop the run

3) ???

4) Profit.

Reggie Wayne got open. Current recieving corp cant, so Luck is holding the ball for longer waiting for guys to get open, and the bad o line play is getting him creamed for it. Its why we should have made a move for a WR when he went down.

No Reggie, no quick release option. No quick release option + bad o line play = a sad passing game

Since defenses know they can cover the recievers man to man (doubling TY as needed). It means the following is the defensive strategy to stop the Colts:

1) Double TY Hilton and man coverage other recievers

2) Stack the box and sell out to stop the run

3) ???

4) Profit.

yea, we need a veteran in there...ASAP. Randy Moss, Chad Johnson, Brandon Marshall, we have enough to help get us moving...

Coby has really stepped up his game. He's become Luck's most reliable option. And I don't know how many people predicted that in the beginning of the season.

I'm just not sure if TY is a future #1.

DHB...well, he lived down to our lowest expectations today.

I don't know about Brazill.

Our offense is just so damn frustrating. Even Reggie was losing it on the sideline (btw, I hope someone giffed that).

I get the feeling like we always have to work for our completions. If Luck doesn't throw it near perfectly, we never get the completion... sometimes even if he does throw it perfect, we still don't get the completion (*cough* DHB *cough*).

Other teams receivers the QB's just lob it up to guys, like Andre Johnson, and they come up with it. Or they make acrobatic catches or have guys draped over them and they still make the catch.

I get the feeling like we always have to work for our completions. If Luck doesn't throw it near perfectly, we never get the completion... sometimes even if he does throw it perfect, we still don't get the completion (*cough* DHB *cough*).

Other teams receivers the QB's just lob it up to guys, like Andre Johnson, and they come up with it. Or they make acrobatic catches or have guys draped over them and they still make the catch.

This is true. I'd give anything for this team to have an Andre Johnson, or a Megatron.

Need 5 NEW starters on oline next year,we have some that would be ok for backups. None of our oline would start for any other team.

Our OTs are good to very good. They can start for more than half the teams in the league.

Thorton is up and down, but you can't expect much more from a rookie.

The problem is the push up the middle. That needs to be fixed, but it won't happen this season.

Our OTs are good to very good. They can start for more than half the teams in the league.

Thorton is up and down, but you can't expect much more from a rookie.

The problem is the push up the middle. That needs to be fixed, but it won't happen this season.

Castanzo can be up and down, but I think that has more to do with Tornton than AC.

At this point, all you can do is go Castanzo, Reitz, Holmes, Linkenbach, Cherilius, and make a sacrifice to the gods in hopes it works.

Castanzo can be up and down, but I think that has more to do with Tornton than AC.

At this point, all you can do is go Castanzo, Reitz, Holmes, Linkenbach, Cherilius, and make a sacrifice to the gods in hopes it works.

I agree. I was responding to a ridiculous statement. Obviously our OTs aren't premier, but they're far from being a problem.

I'd rather see Reitz than Link and maybe McGlynn at C. I just haven't seen Holmes in a real game to think he is any better than McGlynn.

I think we need to sit DHB like we did Trent. Bring in Rogers and let him be the possession/big body reciever we don't have. Jim needs to sit down with the staff and give them the business if they can't make the decisions that need to be made.

Tired of watching this inconsistent offense that can't catch or run the ball. We won but if we wanna win in the playoffs you gotta play the best players! DHB ain't one. Brazil is ok and that's about it. Also should give Boom some looks at rb he's got nice vision.

Offense sux, they need to redo the entire oline in free agency first then try to find a great wr,at this point who knows if reggie will even be the same-if not this team is in big big trouble cuz no other wr's are reliable.

I expect Grigson to manage to get Maclin...he's a Reggie clone.

I agree. I was responding to a ridiculous statement. Obviously our OTs aren't premier, but they're far from being a problem.

I'd rather see Reitz than Link and maybe McGlynn at C. I just haven't seen Holmes in a real game to think he is any better than McGlynn.

McGlynn has a cast on his snapping hand. Playing him at center is asking for a botched snap. At this point its either Satele or Holmes, McGlynn is not the answer.

Grigson will take care of the OLine in the offseason. If he doesn't then he needs to be fired. Sign Alex Mack, and as much as I love Thornton we may need to sign a batter Guard to solidify the interior. Then sign Nicks or preferably Maclin, hopefully Rogers develops into a solid receiver as well.

I think now is the perfect time for the Colts to experiment.  What is the changes of the Colts losing every game and the Titans winning every game?  You can pretty much give the Colts the division.  So why not try to shake something up.  Because it stands right now, the Colts will get waxed by anyone the play in the playoffs.   So why not try Holmes at Center.  Give the ball to Rodgers more.  Maybe sign a veteran WR to use as a safety.  Right now they have to think how do they do well in the playoffs, not next week.

Definitely. Luck need more time to stand in the pocket and deliver more accurate throws. 

a good oc would have found schemes and plays to take the pressure off of luck, even with this bad o-line, shorter passes, quick outs, luck rolling out throwing on the run, draw plays, play action passes, etc.this bad o-line could look not as bad with better play calling.we need pep to step up or fire him, and put cc in as oc , he knows our players and what they can do.