Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Monday Updates

HtownColt

@CraigKColts: Pagano on V. Davis: Looks like OK. Brazill looks fine. Toler trending, day-2-day. Havili, Conner day-2-day.

@PhilRichards6: Pagano: You see guys like Coby Fleener step up. We know what TY Hilton can do.. We have to establis run game and defensively get off field.

@PhilRichards6: Pagano: New receivers have to step up. They don't have a choice. That's why we're going to practice hard to get Andrew Luck on same page.

@PhilRichards6: Pagano: We knew people were going to take TY Hilton out of the game. They put Patrick on him and shadowed him. We can expect that here on out.

@PhilRichards6: Pagano: We had guys right there. Arizona QB Carson Palmer made great throws and their guys made great catches.

@PhilRichards6: Pagano: It's the whole defense. There are 11 guys out there every play and all it takes is one guy for a breakdown.

@PhilRichards6: Pagano: Tennessee game is huge. It can't get here obviously, quick enough. This team is resilient. It's always been able to bounce back.

I hope that he means we have to establish the run game, by opening up the passing game earlier.

Luck dropped back to pass 11 of the 14 plays in the first three drives of the game vs Cards

Dropped back 13 of 16 plays adding on our 4th drive(ended in a pick 6)

11 of 16 actually, but it's irrelevant if the passes are not completed.

We need to complete passes to make teams respect our run.

Colts.com play by play is where my numbers are from plus I didn't count the FG and punt as a offensive play and counted Lucks scramble as a pass play.

It is relevant because he is trying to open up the passing game early just not executing

Colts.com play by play is where my numbers are from plus I didn't count the FG and punt as a offensive play and counted Lucks scramble as a pass play.

It is relevant because he is trying to open up the passing game early just not executing

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013112408/2013/REG12/colts@cardinals#tab=analyze&menu=highlights&recap=fullstory&analyze=playbyplay

1. Indianapolis Colts at 10:02
  2. 4-J.Feely kicks 74 yards from ARI 35 to IND -9. 85-D.Reed, Touchback.
  3. 1-10-IND 20 (10:02) 12-A.Luck pass incomplete short middle to 13-T.Hilton (21-P.Peterson). PASS
  4. 2-10-IND 20 (9:57) 34-T.Richardson left tackle to IND 22 for 2 yards (92-D.Williams). RUN
  5. 3-8-IND 22 (9:18) (Shotgun) 12-A.Luck scrambles up the middle to IND 25 for 3 yards (56-K.Dansby). PASS
  6. 4-5-IND 25 (8:41) 1-P.McAfee punts 41 yards to ARI 34, Center-45-M.Overton. 21-P.Peterson to ARI 34 for no gain (38-S.Brown; 26-D.Howell). PENALTY on ARI-13-J.Brown, Illegal Block Above the Waist, 10 yards, enforced at ARI 34.
  1. Indianapolis Colts at 05:38
  2. 1-10-IND 20 (5:38) 12-A.Luck pass short left to 80-C.Fleener to IND 36 for 16 yards (56-K.Dansby). PASS
  3. 1-10-IND 36 (4:55) 12-A.Luck pass short right to 86-J.Cunningham to IND 40 for 4 yards (91-M.Shaughnessy). PASS
  4. 2-6-IND 40 (4:18) 34-T.Richardson up the middle to IND 48 for 8 yards (32-T.Mathieu). RUN
  5. 1-10-IND 48 (3:40) 12-A.Luck pass incomplete short middle to 80-C.Fleener. PENALTY on ARI-56-K.Dansby, Defensive Holding, 5 yards, enforced at IND 48 - No Play. PASS
  6. 1-10-ARI 47 (3:34) 34-T.Richardson up the middle to ARI 46 for 1 yard (93-C.Campbell). RUN
  7. 2-9-ARI 46 (3:03) (Shotgun) 12-A.Luck pass short middle to 13-T.Hilton to ARI 34 for 12 yards (32-T.Mathieu). PASS
  8. 1-10-ARI 34 (2:22) 12-A.Luck pass incomplete deep right to 13-T.Hilton [93-C.Campbell]. PENALTY on ARI-21-P.Peterson, Defensive Pass Interference, 24 yards, enforced at ARI 34 - No Play. PASS
  9. 1-10-ARI 10 (2:16) IND #72 reports as eligble 34-T.Richardson up the middle to ARI 9 for 1 yard (56-K.Dansby). RUN
  10. 2-9-ARI 9 (1:34) 12-A.Luck pass incomplete short left to 81-D.Heyward-Bey. PASS
  11. 3-9-ARI 9 (1:29) (Shotgun) 12-A.Luck pass incomplete short left to 81-D.Heyward-Bey. PASS
  12. 4-9-ARI 9 (1:19) 4-A.Vinatieri 27 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-45-M.Overton, Holder-1-P.McAfee.

1. Indianapolis Colts at 13:29
  2. 4-J.Feely kicks 69 yards from ARI 35 to IND -4. 36-D.Herron, Touchback.
  3. 1-10-IND 20 (13:29) 31-D.Brown up the middle to IND 20 for no gain (90-D.Dockett). RUN
  4. 2-10-IND 20 (12:52) 12-A.Luck pass incomplete deep right to 13-T.Hilton [93-C.Campbell]. IND-13-T.Hilton was injured during the play. His return is Questionable. PASS
  5. 3-10-IND 20 (12:45) (Shotgun) 12-A.Luck pass incomplete short left to 80-C.Fleener (32-T.Mathieu) [93-C.Campbell]. PASS
  6. 4-10-IND 20 (12:40) 1-P.McAfee punts 38 yards to ARI 42, Center-45-M.Overton, downed by IND-58-A.Studebaker. PENALTY on ARI-20-A.Cason, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at ARI 42.

They better start working hard to fix their flaws. We're a glaring hole right now, and after that blowout at Arizona I have no confidence in them at LOS vs. Tennessee. 

funny a lot of people said the same thing when we were going to Tennessee after the blow out loss to St. Louis 4 days before as well. Colts have not lost 2 in a row with Luck at QB and they wont this weekend either. Titans also lost safety Michael Griffin due to one game suspension for a hit on Pryor yesterday

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013112408/2013/REG12/colts@cardinals#tab=analyze&menu=highlights&recap=fullstory&analyze=playbyplay

• Indianapolis Colts at 10:02
  • 4-J.Feely kicks 74 yards from ARI 35 to IND -9. 85-D.Reed, Touchback.
  • 1-10-IND 20 (10:02) 12-A.Luck pass incomplete short middle to 13-T.Hilton (21-P.Peterson). PASS
  • 2-10-IND 20 (9:57) 34-T.Richardson left tackle to IND 22 for 2 yards (92-D.Williams). RUN
  • 3-8-IND 22 (9:18) (Shotgun) 12-A.Luck scrambles up the middle to IND 25 for 3 yards (56-K.Dansby). PASS
  • 4-5-IND 25 (8:41) 1-P.McAfee punts 41 yards to ARI 34, Center-45-M.Overton. 21-P.Peterson to ARI 34 for no gain (38-S.Brown; 26-D.Howell). PENALTY on ARI-13-J.Brown, Illegal Block Above the Waist, 10 yards, enforced at ARI 34.
  • Indianapolis Colts at 05:38
  • 1-10-IND 20 (5:38) 12-A.Luck pass short left to 80-C.Fleener to IND 36 for 16 yards (56-K.Dansby). PASS
  • 1-10-IND 36 (4:55) 12-A.Luck pass short right to 86-J.Cunningham to IND 40 for 4 yards (91-M.Shaughnessy). PASS
  • 2-6-IND 40 (4:18) 34-T.Richardson up the middle to IND 48 for 8 yards (32-T.Mathieu). RUN
  • 1-10-IND 48 (3:40) 12-A.Luck pass incomplete short middle to 80-C.Fleener. PENALTY on ARI-56-K.Dansby, Defensive Holding, 5 yards, enforced at IND 48 - No Play. PASS
  • 1-10-ARI 47 (3:34) 34-T.Richardson up the middle to ARI 46 for 1 yard (93-C.Campbell). RUN
  • 2-9-ARI 46 (3:03) (Shotgun) 12-A.Luck pass short middle to 13-T.Hilton to ARI 34 for 12 yards (32-T.Mathieu). PASS
  • 1-10-ARI 34 (2:22) 12-A.Luck pass incomplete deep right to 13-T.Hilton [93-C.Campbell]. PENALTY on ARI-21-P.Peterson, Defensive Pass Interference, 24 yards, enforced at ARI 34 - No Play. PASS
  • 1-10-ARI 10 (2:16) IND #72 reports as eligble 34-T.Richardson up the middle to ARI 9 for 1 yard (56-K.Dansby). RUN
  • 2-9-ARI 9 (1:34) 12-A.Luck pass incomplete short left to 81-D.Heyward-Bey. PASS
  • 3-9-ARI 9 (1:29) (Shotgun) 12-A.Luck pass incomplete short left to 81-D.Heyward-Bey. PASS
  • 4-9-ARI 9 (1:19) 4-A.Vinatieri 27 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-45-M.Overton, Holder-1-P.McAfee.
  • Indianapolis Colts at 13:29
  • 4-J.Feely kicks 69 yards from ARI 35 to IND -4. 36-D.Herron, Touchback.
  • 1-10-IND 20 (13:29) 31-D.Brown up the middle to IND 20 for no gain (90-D.Dockett). RUN
  • 2-10-IND 20 (12:52) 12-A.Luck pass incomplete deep right to 13-T.Hilton [93-C.Campbell]. IND-13-T.Hilton was injured during the play. His return is Questionable. PASS
  • 3-10-IND 20 (12:45) (Shotgun) 12-A.Luck pass incomplete short left to 80-C.Fleener (32-T.Mathieu) [93-C.Campbell]. PASS
  • 4-10-IND 20 (12:40) 1-P.McAfee punts 38 yards to ARI 42, Center-45-M.Overton, downed by IND-58-A.Studebaker. PENALTY on ARI-20-A.Cason, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at ARI 42.
He came out throwing 70% of the time, and you still think we should be passing more to open the game? What are you suggesting? 80% to start games?

Guest TeamLoloJones

funny a lot of people said the same thing when we were going to Tennessee after the blow out loss to St. Louis 4 days before as well. Colts have not lost 2 in a row with Luck at QB and they wont this weekend either. Titans also lost safety Michael Griffin due to one game suspension for a hit on Pryor yesterday

Hit was on Rivera.  Pryor didn't play.

I hope that he means we have to establish the run game, by opening up the passing game earlier.

No, I'm suggesting that this was the right call, but it doesn't work if the passes aren't completed.

So in other words we aren't passing enough but we really are,but it doesn't count if the passes aren't completed.  So you want Pep to be fired even though you admit that his playcalling was the right call.  You're complaining just for the sake of complaining because you're * that the colts lost.  

So in other words we aren't passing enough but we really are,but it doesn't count if the passes aren't completed.  So you want Pep to be fired even though you admit that his playcalling was the right call.  You're complaining just for the sake of complaining because you're * that the colts lost.  

It's too late for Pep, he sucks, it took too long to make an adjustment.

The calls on the field were bad, We should be running something decent in our patterns like crossing routes, or plays that have a high completion percentage, bubble screens, anything other than the same ol "Omg it's a vertical PA Pass play guys"

They better start working hard to fix their flaws. We're a glaring hole right now, and after that blowout at Arizona I have no confidence in them at LOS vs. Tennessee. 

Yeah...if we lose vs Tennessee they are one game behind and we are headed off to Cincinnati the next week.

It's too late for Pep, he sucks, it took too long to make an adjustment.

The calls on the field were bad, We should be running something decent in our patterns like crossing routes, or plays that have a high completion percentage, bubble screens, anything other than the same ol "Omg it's a vertical PA Pass play guys"

there were crossing routes and other high percentage routes being run all day long.  But far be it from  me to interrupt your hate fest by including a few facts.  Carry on  :thmup:

btw, the guy you want to have back, Arians, runs a totally vertical passing offense which you just said you don't want so...there's that.

I know they play better at home but they need to adjust. Like, SERIOUSLY adjust. It's November, they should be on a hot streak right now and getting into playoff form but it's a dud right now.

Yeah...if we lose vs Tennessee they are one game behind and we are headed off to Cincinnati the next week.

This is a must win game, both of those two are.

there were crossing routes and other high percentage routes being run all day long.  But far be it from  me to interrupt your hate fest by including a few facts.  Carry on  :thmup:

btw, the guy you want to have back, Arians, runs a totally vertical passing offense which you just said you don't want so...there's that.

They weren't designed patters that worked obviously... but it's ok let me not spoil your delusions of grandeur.

Arians offense worked here, not sure why you think the two are related in any way. It's almost like your trolling too hard. Step back and re-think.

Name a FA receiver.

Wide Receiver

Brandon Lloyd

Laurent Robinson

Devery Henderson

Braylon Edwards

Mohamed Massaquoi

Austin Collie

Donte’ Stallworth

Steve Breaston

Michael Jenkins

Deion Branch

Early Doucet

Ben Obomanu

Ramses Barden

David Gettis

Anthony Armstrong

Devin Aromashodu

Chaz Schilens

Mike Thomas

Courtney Roby (KR)

Chad Johnson

Jabar Gaffney

Derek Hagan

Matthew Willis

Naaman Roosevelt

Deon Butler

Roscoe Parrish (PR)

Brandon Banks (KR/PR)

Patrick Crayton

Sammie Stroughter

Jason Hill

Jordan Shipley

Jordan Norwood

Ruvell Martin

Patrick Turner

Greg Camarillo (PR)

Legedu Naanee

Mardy Gilyard (KR)

Devin Thomas

Adrian Arrington

Michael Clayton

Terrence Austin

Richard Goodman (KR)

Terrance Copper

Demetrius Williams

Preston Parker

Brett Swain

Maurice Stovall (TE)

Jerheme Urban

Jaymar Johnson

Quan Cosby (PR/KR)

Ronald Johnson

Chastin West

Lance Long

Tim Toone

Patrick Edwards

Jeremy Ebert

Danny Coale

Joe Adams (KR/PR)

Jeff Fuller

LaQuan Williams

Dan DePalma

David Douglas

They weren't designed patters that worked obviously... but it's ok let me not spoil your delusions of grandeur.

Arians offense worked here, not sure why you think the two are related in any way. It's almost like your trolling too hard. Step back and re-think.

No, not at all.  I just get a kick out of how transparent you are.  You don't like Pep so anything that possibly goes wrong is automatically his fault and no one else's.  Your initial complaint was that they're holding Luck back and they need to let him throw the ball more.  Someone then pointed out that he came out throwing the ball.  You replied saying something along the lines of, well yeah but those plays didn't work so they should be running different plays.  In other words your initial complaint had no merit whatsoever because they were already doing what you said they should be doing.  Trent was open several times in the short middle area early in the Cardinals game but Luck just didn't get the ball to him.  Is that Pep's fault?  

Pep can only draw up the plays.  It's up to the players to execute.  Now I'm not saying that I'm 100% satisfied with Pep's playcalling but I also don't think that all of the issues with the offense are his fault.  I also think it's absolutely ludicrous that you go even further by saying that it's Pep's offense that's causing all of the injuries.  

The bottom line is that you don't like Pep and Luck isn't doing very well right now for a number of reasons.  Instead of spreading the blame to all of those that should take blame in the offensive issues, you're putting it all solely on the shoulders of Pep because heaven forbid you ever admit that your golden boy Luck could ever make a mistake.

Wide Receiver

Brandon Lloyd

Laurent Robinson

Devery Henderson

Braylon Edwards

Mohamed Massaquoi

Austin Collie

Donte’ Stallworth

Steve Breaston

Michael Jenkins

Deion Branch

Early Doucet

Ben Obomanu

Ramses Barden

David Gettis

Anthony Armstrong

Devin Aromashodu

Chaz Schilens

Mike Thomas

Courtney Roby (KR)

Chad Johnson

Jabar Gaffney

Derek Hagan

Matthew Willis

Naaman Roosevelt

Deon Butler

Roscoe Parrish (PR)

Brandon Banks (KR/PR)

Patrick Crayton

Sammie Stroughter

Jason Hill

Jordan Shipley

Jordan Norwood

Ruvell Martin

Patrick Turner

Greg Camarillo (PR)

Legedu Naanee

Mardy Gilyard (KR)

Devin Thomas

Adrian Arrington

Michael Clayton

Terrence Austin

Richard Goodman (KR)

Terrance Copper

Demetrius Williams

Preston Parker

Brett Swain

Maurice Stovall (TE)

Jerheme Urban

Jaymar Johnson

Quan Cosby (PR/KR)

Ronald Johnson

Chastin West

Lance Long

Tim Toone

Patrick Edwards

Jeremy Ebert

Danny Coale

Joe Adams (KR/PR)

Jeff Fuller

LaQuan Williams

Dan DePalma

David Douglas

That you would want...

No, not at all.  I just get a kick out of how transparent you are.  You don't like Pep so anything that possibly goes wrong is automatically his fault and no one else's.  Your initial complaint was that they're holding Luck back and they need to let him throw the ball more.  Someone then pointed out that he came out throwing the ball.  You replied saying something along the lines of, well yeah but those plays didn't work so they should be running different plays.  In other words your initial complaint had no merit whatsoever because they were already doing what you said they should be doing.  Trent was open several times in the short middle area early in the Cardinals game but Luck just didn't get the ball to him.  Is that Pep's fault?  

Pep can only draw up the plays.  It's up to the players to execute.  Now I'm not saying that I'm 100% satisfied with Pep's playcalling but I also don't think that all of the issues with the offense are his fault.  I also think it's absolutely ludicrous that you go even further by saying that it's Pep's offense that's causing all of the injuries.  

The bottom line is that you don't like Pep and Luck isn't doing very well right now for a number of reasons.  Instead of spreading the blame to all of those that should take blame in the offensive issues, you're putting it all solely on the shoulders of Pep because heaven forbid you ever admit that your golden boy Luck could ever make a mistake.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you're wrong.

I never said that he is holding luck back and and they need to let him throw the ball. I just said we need to not be a run first offense. They should be running different plays, and it is Luck's fault if he didn't hit the open receiver.

Pep's play calling, game plan and play design are horrible, Pagano's use of personnel is equally atrocious.

I'm just saying that Luck was succeeding under the Arians offense, and guess what, he is not succeeding under the Hamilton offense. That is all I have to judge on. Now, who's fault is it? It's pep's fault, it's Pagano's fault, and it's probably 75% of the fault of the entire coaching regime. It's not like the Colts don't have a blueprint of what works, they are just trying to re-create the wheel.

Luck dropped back to pass 11 of the 14 plays in the first three drives of the game vs Cards

Dropped back 13 of 16 plays adding on our 4th drive(ended in a pick 6)

11 of 16 actually, but it's irrelevant if the passes are not completed.

We need to complete passes to make teams respect our run

Not sure how much more clear I can make it.  You complained that they needed to open up the passing game earlier.  Htown pointed out that that is exactly what they did in the Cardinals game and it didn't work.  You replied saying it was irrelevant because the passes weren't completed.  So essentially Pep did exactly what you wanted him to do which was to open the game throwing the ball, but Pep sucks because, even though he did exactly what you wanted, the passes weren't completed which would point to failed execution.  

Bottom line is you're on a witch hunt for any member of the coaching staff or front office that wants a run first offense because that will take away from Luck's stats and therefore may affect his ability to go down as the greatest QB of all time.

1. Indianapolis Colts at 10:02
  2. 4-J.Feely kicks 74 yards from ARI 35 to IND -9. 85-D.Reed, Touchback.
  3. 1-10-IND 20 (10:02) 12-A.Luck pass incomplete short middle to 13-T.Hilton (21-P.Peterson). PASS
  4. 2-10-IND 20 (9:57) 34-T.Richardson left tackle to IND 22 for 2 yards (92-D.Williams). RUN
  5. 3-8-IND 22 (9:18) (Shotgun) 12-A.Luck scrambles up the middle to IND 25 for 3 yards (56-K.Dansby). PASS
  6. 4-5-IND 25 (8:41) 1-P.McAfee punts 41 yards to ARI 34, Center-45-M.Overton. 21-P.Peterson to ARI 34 for no gain (38-S.Brown; 26-D.Howell). PENALTY on ARI-13-J.Brown, Illegal Block Above the Waist, 10 yards, enforced at ARI 34.
  1. Indianapolis Colts at 05:38
  2. 1-10-IND 20 (5:38) 12-A.Luck pass short left to 80-C.Fleener to IND 36 for 16 yards (56-K.Dansby). PASS
  3. 1-10-IND 36 (4:55) 12-A.Luck pass short right to 86-J.Cunningham to IND 40 for 4 yards (91-M.Shaughnessy). PASS
  4. 2-6-IND 40 (4:18) 34-T.Richardson up the middle to IND 48 for 8 yards (32-T.Mathieu). RUN
  5. 1-10-IND 48 (3:40) 12-A.Luck pass incomplete short middle to 80-C.Fleener. PENALTY on ARI-56-K.Dansby, Defensive Holding, 5 yards, enforced at IND 48 - No Play. PASS
  6. 1-10-ARI 47 (3:34) 34-T.Richardson up the middle to ARI 46 for 1 yard (93-C.Campbell). RUN
  7. 2-9-ARI 46 (3:03) (Shotgun) 12-A.Luck pass short middle to 13-T.Hilton to ARI 34 for 12 yards (32-T.Mathieu). PASS
  8. 1-10-ARI 34 (2:22) 12-A.Luck pass incomplete deep right to 13-T.Hilton [93-C.Campbell]. PENALTY on ARI-21-P.Peterson, Defensive Pass Interference, 24 yards, enforced at ARI 34 - No Play. PASS
  9. 1-10-ARI 10 (2:16) IND #72 reports as eligble 34-T.Richardson up the middle to ARI 9 for 1 yard (56-K.Dansby). RUN
  10. 2-9-ARI 9 (1:34) 12-A.Luck pass incomplete short left to 81-D.Heyward-Bey. PASS
  11. 3-9-ARI 9 (1:29) (Shotgun) 12-A.Luck pass incomplete short left to 81-D.Heyward-Bey. PASS
  12. 4-9-ARI 9 (1:19) 4-A.Vinatieri 27 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-45-M.Overton, Holder-1-P.McAfee.

1. Indianapolis Colts at 13:29
  2. 4-J.Feely kicks 69 yards from ARI 35 to IND -4. 36-D.Herron, Touchback.
  3. 1-10-IND 20 (13:29) 31-D.Brown up the middle to IND 20 for no gain (90-D.Dockett). RUN
  4. 2-10-IND 20 (12:52) 12-A.Luck pass incomplete deep right to 13-T.Hilton [93-C.Campbell]. IND-13-T.Hilton was injured during the play. His return is Questionable. PASS
  5. 3-10-IND 20 (12:45) (Shotgun) 12-A.Luck pass incomplete short left to 80-C.Fleener (32-T.Mathieu) [93-C.Campbell]. PASS
  6. 4-10-IND 20 (12:40) 1-P.McAfee punts 38 yards to ARI 42, Center-45-M.Overton, downed by IND-58-A.Studebaker. PENALTY on ARI-20-A.Cason, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at ARI 42.

Thanks guys for providing these numbers.  I was curious but I have not had the time to look them up myself.  Two things are blantantly obvious from these numbers:

1)  The Colts pass way too much on 1st and 10.

2)  They really need to get back to the power running game.  Even if the Colts get down, 10 or 14 points they need to be pounding that rock more.

Not sure how much more clear I can make it.  You complained that they needed to open up the passing game earlier.  Htown pointed out that that is exactly what they did in the Cardinals game and it didn't work.  You replied saying it was irrelevant because the passes weren't completed.  So essentially Pep did exactly what you wanted him to do which was to open the game throwing the ball, but Pep sucks because, even though he did exactly what you wanted, the passes weren't completed which would point to failed execution.  

Bottom line is you're on a witch hunt for any member of the coaching staff or front office that wants a run first offense because that will take away from Luck's stats and therefore may affect his ability to go down as the greatest QB of all time.

Right, what I said:

SilentHill, on 25 Nov 2013 - 5:07 PM, said:snapback.png

And we didn't open up the passing game earlier, just because we attempted passes doesn't mean we completed them.

What I'm trying to get at, and what I have always been trying to get at, is that we need to establish the pass before the run. If you can't understand that, well then... :facepalm:

I have to say you are good at manipulating others words, but it's ok you're not fooling anyone ;) with your false claims that I'm on a "witch hunt". I really don't care about Luck's stats. I just want the team to win, and there is an obvious game plan that will give us the best chance to win, and it's not being implemented.

Well at the very least, the top 25 players on that that list are better than David Reed....

That's kind of my point. The majority of those top 25 are either not playing anymore or trying to recover from serious injuries, or have proven unable to stay healthy. That's why my question was about what specific players anyone would want to bring in.

I'm not so in love with our receiving corps that I would be opposed to bringing someone in. But there are no proven receivers that are available right now, and worth the headache. I'm sure Chad Johnson would come play for us if we wanted, but do we want? I don't... So it's one thing to throw up the same list we've been looking at for the last month, and it's another to actually come up with a player that would have a reasonable chance of making the team better.

Thanks guys for providing these numbers.  I was curious but I have not had the time to look them up myself.  Two things are blantantly obvious from these numbers:

2)  They really need to get back to the power running game.  Even if the Colts get down, 10 or 14 points they need to be pounding that rock more.

I tot

ally

They also never run the ball twice in a row. It seems like if and when we pick up 5 or 6 yards rushing the ball on 1st and 10 , its guaranteed the next play is a passing play. Why not run again , hopefully pick up 2 or 3 more, and keep the clock running. Im not saying run it everytime on 1st and second but try it at least once in a game.  3rd and short would keep the opposing defenses a little more off balance and keep the clock ticking thus giving our defense a little breather. With all the inuries and lack of talent at the reciever position, we are not going to outscore the opponents like we did in the Manning era.  The SF game and second half of the Titans game were by far the best game planning they had all year.