Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A coaching change need to be made. (assigning blame merge)

SilentHill

Some of you need to get a grip.  It's not ALL the coaches.  People tend to over look a couple of other major factors. 

1.  The performance of the players has not been great and no it's NOT all the coaches that is making them look bad.  Several times a good play has been called and the guys on the field aren't making the plays.

2.  Injuries has killed the team especially the offense.  We have lost two starting level running backs, our best tightend end, our starting left guard, and future Hall of Fame WR all in the first half of the season for the year. 

Do adjustments need to be made?  Sure.  Is the coaching perfect?  Clearly no.  However, is it the major problem with the team right now to the point that I think if we had other coaches in there everything would be better?  No. 

1. It's the coach's fault for sticking with players that consistently do not execute. It's an old story, please stop using it.

2. Once again, some good coaching would play to this team's strengths. Not it's weakness.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The main reason the fans wanted to move on from Arians, was that he was going to get Luck killed.

I just wanna point out, that Arians had never had any of his big name players land on IR in any of the past 3 seasons ( Including this season & that's as far back as I looked) meanwhile we have lost 5 starters on offense this season. The grass isn't always greener indeed.

Yes, but keeping Andrew in the whole game today was not exactly smart in terms of not getting him killed, wouldn't you agree?

The main reason the fans wanted to move on from Arians, was that he was going to get Luck killed.

I just wanna point out, that Arians had never had any of his big name players land on IR in any of the past 3 seasons ( Including this season & that's as far back as I looked) meanwhile we have lost 5 starters on offense this season. The grass isn't always greener indeed.

Yes because it's Pep's fault that Ballard tore his ACL, that Bradshaw had a bad neck coming into the season, the Wayne tore his ACL on very badly thrown ball by Luck, that Thomas's just gave way, and that Allen got banged up in practice...

this team is a cook duck. We started the season on a positive note with a few road bumps here and there, but unfortunately injuries and lack of talented back ups have killed this team from being competitive. People will blame coaches and schemes, but I won't blame them since at the end of day the players are the ones that make the plays, tackles, blocks, etc. Personally I don't like this heavy run scheme that Pep runs I saw it first hand living in the West Coast, but that was college(which it work perfectly) and in the pros you have to be a little more creative and daring. I'm not sure what happen to the defense today or the past couple of weeks. From what I can see its the same players minus a few guys here and there. I wondering whether the bad play from the defense is a result of a bad offense or simply the defense is bad in general and got lucky in the games it has played. I still think the Colts will win the division and make the playoffs, but I expect it to be one and down. I'm not even going to touch the TRich situation since I won't fully judge him till next season when he gets a full off-season to get acquainted with the team. While this season started of really good sadly it will end most likely with a one and down in the playoffs this assuming they can win some of there remaining games. Still love my Colts but its unfortunate the season is turning this ugly.

So? That's pure luck. 

There has been no bigger advocate for Pagano than me. I liked him before we hired him and was glad when we did. With that said, I am quickly losing faith. The stubborness this staff has shown to not shake things up with different starters on the o-line and the offensive playcalling is driving me crazy. I realize we don't have many options but ya never know what ya may have if you refuse to at least try. I still think Pagano can be a good HC, but Pep may need to go.

Either Pagano is really stubborn, or there is absolutely zero confidence in the other players on the bench.  If that is the case, then it falls squarely on Grigson because he has his stamp all over this team. 

We have a $4M backup QB I guess because Grigson knew that there was a good possibility that Luck would get killed behind this O line.  We have absolutely no depth behind our starters.  How can you possibly give up so many points in the first half of games and score so little. 

Either Pagano is really stubborn, or there is absolutely zero confidence in the other players on the bench.  If that is the case, then it falls squarely on Grigson because he has his stamp all over this team. 

We have a $4M backup QB I guess because Grigson knew that there was a good possibility that Luck would get killed behind this O line.  We have absolutely no depth behind our starters.  How can you possibly give up so many points in the first half of games and score so little. 

I figured 2011 would have taught Colts fans the value of a back up QB.  Fans kill the GM for having a good one and paying for it but if he didn't have one and something happened to the starting QB they would say the GM failed in his job for not being prepared for something happening to the starting QB like they did with Polian. 

I figured 2011 would have taught Colts fans the value of a back up QB.  Fans kill the GM for having a good one and paying for it but if he didn't have one and something happened to the starting QB they would say the GM failed in his job for not being prepared for something happening to the starting QB like they did with Polian. 

I wonder what would happen if the Colts kept Andrew Luck in during a game that was hopeless by the start of the fourth quarter, and he were injured while Hasslebeck sat on the sideline.  But Pagano would never let that happen......

Well, the way this team is built, it doesn't matter who's behind center. 

I wonder what would happen if the Colts kept Andrew Luck in during a game that was hopeless by the start of the fourth quarter, and he were injured while Hasslebeck sat on the sideline.  But Pagano would never let that happen......

I agree he should have been pulled today.  We did it in the Rams game I am not 100% sure why we didn't do it today.

No it's not. How is Arian's system going to stop Ballard from tearing his ACL during practice or Allen from getting hit in the hip or Bradshaw from running head first into a defender and injuring his neck or Luck from throwing a pass 3 yards short which causes Reggie to tear his ACL?

Yes it's a coincidence. 

The Butterfly Effect. How is it not? It's all hearsay, and I prefer to believe the latter.

Plus Arians does not design 3 yard passes.

The Butterfly Effect. How is it not? It's all hearsay, and I prefer to believe the latter.

Plus Arians does not design 3 yard passes.

If Luck puts that pass on the money there is no Reggie injury.  If we have to blame anyone for that injury it's Andrew's fault.  Personally I think it's just one of those football things. 

Cool, thanks NFL Live.

.you aren't adding a thing to this post.

And OP, I agree with you. We need to be more creative with our game plan and the Oline needs to somehow be better. Ways to fix that may only be in the off season. Our defense has been lack luster lately and hasn't show much energy.

Edited by Nadine
rude

Maybe this is all part of Pagano's master plan plan. We pretty much have our ticket to the playoffs booked. Now we make our strengths look like weaknesses and once we get to the playoffs, we blindside our unsuspecting opponents with a hay-maker. Maybe we really still are the team we were early in the season, but we just don't want anyone to know that.

Maybe this is all part of Pagano's master plan plan. We pretty much have our ticket to the playoffs booked. Now we make our strengths look like weaknesses and once we get to the playoffs, we blindside our unsuspecting opponents with a hay-maker. Maybe we really still are the team we were early in the season, but we just don't want anyone to know that.

I think that team that we saw early in the season has been beaten out of us with major injuries.

Its both.....not having the right players to fit into either system (offense or defense). We can't play man all day without our starters given our lack of depth on defense. Our offensive sets are ridiculous. We have one fullback and we use TEs to lead block when he is hurt. We run 2 receiver sets with a terrible interior line and wonder why they are able to stack the box. The receivers can't even create separation which makes Luck hold on to the ball way too long. Pat Angerer is absolutely not the correct linebacker for this system. Frankly, we are just a mess.

The coaches generally make solid halftime adjustments.....unfortunately, they can't gameplan their way out of a plastic bag. I just don't understand how we get outscored 90-12 in the first half of the last 4 games (combined). Also, we try to use the run to set up the pass......it doesn't work when it goes like this: 1st down - 2 yard gain into Sateles back (blown up by defensive stunt); 2nd down - 2 yard lost because defensive stunt cause Thornton to whiff on his assignment; 3rd down - 40 yard pass overthrown by 3 yards.....we didn't set anyone up for the love of Bruce Arians!! Our best offense has been getting penalties on those 40 yard passes. 

Rant over.

Sometimes the HARDEST thing in life is to admit mistakes for fear of backlash (PR) or due to one's own pride. This coaching staff needs a hard look at seasons end. It's too easy to put the blame on injuries or the time to gel excuse. Greg Mac has been fired multiple times as dc for being too vanilla. He received a pass last year because the Colts didn't have the personnel to run the 3-4 but after money was spent on defense in the offseason the results have been subpar with sporadic play at best. I have watched various nfl shows which include former players and coaches downplay the Colts offense and lack of big plays. Yes they have injuries like ALL teams do but the good to great ones adapt by putting the best AVAILABLE on the field and CATER to their strengths in order to win. To FORCE a system that lacks the personnel to pull it off is BAD coaching. Pep has turned a franchise qb into an average game manager asked to carry the offense in the 2ND HALF after being down from slow starts while trying to establish the power run game early leading to many 3 and outs. The offense is outdated and LACKS imagination ESPECIALLY on the NFL level. Chuck has stated the slow starts must stop yet in the same breath says we need to get back to the run game. What?! :omg: Do something DIFFERENT!!!  START the game in the hurry up spread formation and use the pass to setup the run. The team is reeling and REGRESSING. Now is NOT the time for this coaching to be STUBBORN and I'm afraid a lot of Colt fans felt the BETTER choice as hc stood on the opposite sideline.