Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A coaching change need to be made. (assigning blame merge)

SilentHill

Grigson screwed us by trading away high draft picks for nothing, overpaying for average FA's, and drafting poorly. The 2013 draft class was a complete bust, no one from that class contributes. He had 1 good draft and people thought he was a top GM when in reality he has set back our rebuild. Pep and Pagano are both stubborn and should both be fired, I don't care about your feel good story Chuck, you can't coach. This team is never ready to play, thats on the coaches. Pep's playcalling is beyond laughable, Pagano's and Munusky's defense is a sieve. This team is going to be stuck in mediocrity for the next decade if a complete coaching staff and front office overhaul isn't made imo.  

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Grigson screwed us by trading away high draft picks for nothing, overpaying for average FA's, and drafting poorly. The 2013 draft class was a complete bust, no one from that class contributes. He had 1 good draft and people thought he was a top GM when in reality he has set back our rebuild. Pep and Pagano are both stubborn and should both be fired, I don't care about your feel good story Chuck, you can't coach. This team is never ready to play, thats on the coaches. Pep's playcalling is beyond laughable, Pagano's and Munusky's defense is a sieve. This team is going to be stuck in mediocrity for the next decade if a complete coaching staff and front office overhaul isn't made imo.  

-I agree trading the 1st for Richardson was a bad move. 

-He did ok in F/A though ... I would have liked another player or two ... but he didnt do too bad. 

-I was not a fan of the 2013 draft, but I have to think he knew those picks were going to take a year or two to pay off.

-I am not sold on the coaching staff, but I am not ready to fire them just yet.

-I don't agree with some of the things they do and am vocal about my displeasure, but a complete overhaul from the GM down is a bit drastic, and premature at this point.

I'm still on board with Pagano. I like him. I really like him.

It's been 11 weeks now, and I'm fully convinced Hamilton is in far over his head. He has no idea how to call an NFL game. I'm not ready to send him down the river just yet, but if this keeps up and out offense is this underwhelming next year, it's just not gonna work out for him. He's just not handling the transition to the NFL.

I'm ready for Manusky to hit the bricks. He's added little to nothing. Our defense has looked pretty sub-par all season, and even when they've looked good they've still had an equal amount of bad plays.

Each will likely get another season, but the seats should be getting warm.

What high draft pickS did he trade away for nothing?

Well step one is going to be not making the playoffs...

Since that doesn't look like it's going to happen probably not this season.  Even if it does happen odds are they are going to put more blame on the major injuries this team has taken that fans just over look.

Fans really need to chill with the over reaction. 

Also even Irsay said recently he didn't expect the Colts to be this good this soon.  That tells me he feels like the Colts are over achieving which they are.  He's not going to fire the Head Coach. 

I dont think this is an overreaction. we have been embarrased twice this season. Its also not an over reaction when we consistently suck at fisrt halfs.

i do agree that Chuck wont b fired this season or anything like, but i just wonder why nobody blames Grigson like at all? he had a crapload of money and honestly not one of the free agents its palying corresponding to the amount of money we had. I mean RJF, Toler, Landry have all been good, but with the amount of money i was expecting more than good and more than the games they have missed specially since they had an injury history. I'd still take Toler or RJF or landry or Thomas or Cherilus i just wish we hadnt take all of those and instead sacrifice one or 2 for more of a sure pick. I think he tried to outsmart the league and he didnt.

A first for Richardson... A 2nd for an average CB in Vontae Davis. Ok the Davis trade wasn't that bad, but Richardson has 5th or 6th round talent. 

so in other words just one trade that you didn't like and not multiple as you first implied?  And even then, to say Richardson is "nothing" is still untrue.  He hasn't been great to this point by any means but he has been producing to some extent.  As for Davis, I'm beginning to think that he's lost confidence in the secondary since Toler went out.  Davis was a different player with Toler in the backfield with him earlier in the season.  I'm interested to see if Davis improves when Toler comes back.  Prior to the last couple of games though Davis was playing at a pro bowl level.

Also, no one from the 2013 class is contributing?  Thornton has played in 11 games and started 9.  How is that not contributing?  Werner hasn't been great so far but he is learning 2 new positions, he's a rookie, and his development was hampered somewhat due to injury.  Still, he has definitely been contributing with a half sack, several qb pressures and some nice stops at times in the run game.  He is inconsistent but I definitely believe that will change as he adjusts to the speed of the NFL and this new defense.  Holmes and Hughes were not meant to make an impact right away...4th and 5th round picks rarely are.

so in other words just one trade that you didn't like and not multiple as you first implied?  And even then, to say Richardson is "nothing" is still untrue.  He hasn't been great to this point by any means but he has been producing to some extent.  As for Davis, I'm beginning to think that he's lost confidence in the secondary since Toler went out.  Davis was a different player with Toler in the backfield with him earlier in the season.  I'm interested to see if Davis improves when Toler comes back.  Prior to the last couple of games though Davis was playing at a pro bowl level.

Also, no one from the 2013 class is contributing?  Thornton has played in 11 games and started 9.  How is that not contributing?  Werner hasn't been great so far but he is learning 2 new positions, he's a rookie, and his development was hampered somewhat due to injury.  Still, he has definitely been contributing with a half sack, several qb pressures and some nice stops at times in the run game.  He is inconsistent but I definitely believe that will change as he adjusts to the speed of the NFL and this new defense.  Holmes and Hughes were not meant to make an impact right away...4th and 5th round picks rarely are.

I think Davis is better when he plays aggressive even if we get 1 or 2 penalties ... seems like when he tries too hard to not to get a penalty he loses his edge.  I would rather see them tell him to go ahead and shut his man down and don't worry if you get flagged.  When a CB is super physical early it seems to take a lot more to get the refs to throw a flag as the game goes on.  That's what Seattle's CBs always do ... and Peterson was getting away with being all over TY because he played so aggressive from the start.

I think Davis is better when he plays aggressive even if we get 1 or 2 penalties ... seems like when he tries too hard to not to get a penalty he loses his edge.  I would rather see them tell him to go ahead and shut his man down and don't worry if you get flagged.  When a CB is super physical early it seems to take a lot more to get the refs to throw a flag as the game goes on.  That's what Seattle's CBs always do ... and Peterson was getting away with being all over TY because he played so aggressive from the start.

I agree.  I also though don't think it's just a coincidence that Davis began playing poorly at the same time as Toler went out.  I would guess that Davis has far less confidence in Vaughn than he did in Toler and I'm thinking that's having an effect on his (davis) play.  That's the only thing I can come up with anyway.

I agree.  I also though don't think it's just a coincidence that Davis began playing poorly at the same time as Toler went out.  I would guess that Davis has far less confidence in Vaughn than he did in Toler and I'm thinking that's having an effect on his (davis) play.  That's the only thing I can come up with anyway.

Makes sense he and Toler were probably more on the same page; Vaughn probably makes crazy decisions about his angles and when he breaks off coverage etc ... that make no sense to Davis and it screws him up.

I also think even though Toler got burned his share of times, part of that was because he seemed to like to play games and try to bait the QB and that made the QB hesitate and make mistakes that did not necessarily show up on the stat sheet.

Also, no one from the 2013 class is contributing?  Thornton has played in 11 games and started 9.  How is that not contributing?  Werner hasn't been great so far but he is learning 2 new positions, he's a rookie, and his development was hampered somewhat due to injury.  Still, he has definitely been contributing with a half sack, several qb pressures and some nice stops at times in the run game.  He is inconsistent but I definitely believe that will change as he adjusts to the speed of the NFL and this new defense.  Holmes and Hughes were not meant to make an impact right away...4th and 5th round picks rarely ar

Your first round pick should contribute, Werner was a terrible pick, especially with all the receivers still on the board. 

Your first round pick should contribute, Werner was a terrible pick, especially with all the receivers still on the board. 

he is contributing, just not in the way you want him to.  were dion jordan and jarvis jones terrible picks as well?

anyone who doesnt think a coaching change doesnt need to happen is ignorant.  its very obvious this coaching staff is very stubborn and hard headed with their philosophy. why arent we gameplanning and adjusting to opponents? we are literally taking a blueprint of a gameplan and trying to force it in every game.

pagano is too soft. if players are playing bad and not performing up to par, it is the COACHES job to do something bout it, whether it is to fire em up, try to adjust to the players strengths weaknesses, or just bench him. love the guy, hes an awesome motivational person, but nope. not HC.

pep is hilarious. he comes off as someone who thinks hes so smart and knows what hes doing, but clearly has no idea.  his playbook straight up sucks. he fails to look at personnel. he looks at the gameplan and expects the people to fill in the roles he has etc. what would make a great OC? oh, HMM DHB cant catch a ball for his life (besides the few that came his way yest) so idk lets try doing screens with him?  HMM trent has no holes to run ever at all, but we repeatedly say that hes a monster in open space.  SO CREATE OPEN SPACE SITUATIONS FOR HIM. 

pep needs to go