Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Teams to Cheer for Week 12 for Colts Playoff Chances!

bap1331

Saints vs. Falcons=IRRELEVANT. Although Saints will obviously win...

Panthers vs. Dolphins=Panthers. Panthers will bring the Dolphins one more game closer to getting eliminated from the playoffs.

Bears vs. Rams-=IRRELEVANT. But the Bears are too hot right now to lose to the Rams...

Jaguars vs. Texans=Jaguars. Just because I feel sorry for them at this point..

Chargers vs. Chiefs=Chiefs. 1 more game and the Chargers are OFFICIALLY out of the playoffs. I would rather face the Chargers in the playoffs next year when our whole team isn't all banged up with injuries. We will show them the REAL Colts...

Vikings vs. Packers=IRRELEVANT. Packers will prevail though. Theyre gonna be sick of losing. Especially when they lost their chance because of Aaron Rodgers injury...Rodgers will be back though...

Jets vs. Ravens=Jets. Id rather face a rookie QB at this point then face the Ravens defense. Theyre not the best in the regular season but they are really good in the playoffs...

Steelers vs. Browns=Browns. Who wouldn't want to face the Browns in the playoffs?! LOL. Not gonna happen but would rather that they go...

Buccaneers vs. Lions=IRRELEVANT. Lions will win a close one though

Titans vs. Raiders=Raiders. I don't want the Titans anywhere near us at this point. Theyre gonna be looking for revenge...Plus the Raiders are young and wouldn't mind facing them in the playoffs...

Cowboys vs. Giants=IRRELEVENT. Although I did tell my Giants fan friend that the Giants were going to win the rest of the games and make the playoffs after going 0-6. Look at where they are at now?! The Giants only win when they know they have to win. Like the playoffs...

Broncos vs. Patriots=TIE! I don't know who to cheer for!!! We don't want the Patriots taking our spot back nor the Broncos getting home field advantage. If we make AFC Championship, we will have to travel to Denver since they have the better record...UGH! Please let it be a tie!

49ers vs. Redskins=IRRELEVANT. 49ers will win though...

Saints vs. Falcons=IRRELEVANT. Although Saints will obviously win...

Panthers vs. Dolphins=Panthers. Panthers will bring the Dolphins one more game closer to getting eliminated from the playoffs.

Bears vs. Rams-=IRRELEVANT. But the Bears are too hot right now to lose to the Rams...

Jaguars vs. Texans=Jaguars. Just because I feel sorry for them at this point..

Chargers vs. Chiefs=Chiefs. 1 more game and the Chargers are OFFICIALLY out of the playoffs. I would rather face the Chargers in the playoffs next year when our whole team isn't all banged up with injuries. We will show them the REAL Colts...

Vikings vs. Packers=IRRELEVANT. Packers will prevail though. Theyre gonna be sick of losing. Especially when they lost their chance because of Aaron Rodgers injury...Rodgers will be back though...

Jets vs. Ravens=Jets. Id rather face a rookie QB at this point then face the Ravens defense. Theyre not the best in the regular season but they are really good in the playoffs...

Steelers vs. Browns=Browns. Who wouldn't want to face the Browns in the playoffs?! LOL. Not gonna happen but would rather that they go...

Buccaneers vs. Lions=IRRELEVANT. Lions will win a close one though

Titans vs. Raiders=Raiders. I don't want the Titans anywhere near us at this point. Theyre gonna be looking for revenge...Plus the Raiders are young and wouldn't mind facing them in the playoffs...

Cowboys vs. Giants=IRRELEVENT. Although I did tell my Giants fan friend that the Giants were going to win the rest of the games and make the playoffs after going 0-6. Look at where they are at now?! The Giants only win when they know they have to win. Like the playoffs...

Broncos vs. Patriots=TIE! I don't know who to cheer for!!! We don't want the Patriots taking our spot back nor the Broncos getting home field advantage. If we make AFC Championship, we will have to travel to Denver since they have the better record...UGH! Please let it be a tie!

49ers vs. Redskins=IRRELEVANT. 49ers will win though...

Great Post.

One exception.

We definitely want the Broncos to win Sunday night. A loss by the Patriots gives us a game advantage for the second bye. If we were to lose to the Cardinals, a loss by the Patriots still leaves us tied record wise. And we would still hold the tiebreaker advantage. 

Secondly, the Broncos are going to make the playoffs. Given the choice, if we had to play them I would rather face them in Denver instead of Indianapolis. The Colts are not going to be able to open the roof in late January. I would much rather play the Broncos on grass in bad weather, even in Denver. Remember Denver lost at home in the playoffs last year. And over the last few years,  the #1 seeds have no faired really well in the playoffs.

We want Denver to beat New England Sunday night.

Great Post.

One exception.

We definitely want the Broncos to win Sunday night. A loss by the Patriots gives us a game advantage for the second bye. If we were to lose to the Cardinals, a loss by the Patriots still leaves us tied record wise. And we would still hold the tiebreaker advantage. 

Secondly, the Broncos are going to make the playoffs. Given the choice, if we had to play them I would rather face them in Denver instead of Indianapolis. The Colts are not going to be able to open the roof in late January. I would much rather play the Broncos on grass in bad weather, even in Denver. Remember Denver lost at home in the playoffs last year. And over the last few years,  the #1 seeds have no faired really well in the playoffs.

Agree that we want Denver to win... Disagree that we would rather play them in Denver... If Denver is the #1 seed and we are #2, then we might not even have to play them... I know that they will be favored in every game, but we all know what can happen in the playoffs (with #18 at QB)...

I'd rather Denver be #1 and Indy be #2 than Indy be #1 and Denver being a wild card team, though... even though we would get the home game against them and it would be a ratings juggernaut. If there is any way possible, I'd like to avoid playing Denver anywhere in the playoffs, but the later, the better, IMO. better the AFCCG than in round 2. So, in a way, I guess I am saying that there is a scenario in which I'd rather play them on the road....

Ha...you kid yourself.  Nothings going to stop them from getting homefield advantage.  Because we arent going to be the #1 seed. Unless of course miracles happen.

Great Post.

One exception.

Secondly, the Broncos are going to make the playoffs. Given the choice, if we had to play them I would rather face them in Denver instead of Indianapolis. The Colts are not going to be able to open the roof in late January. I would much rather play the Broncos on grass in bad weather, even in Denver. Remember Denver lost at home in the playoffs last year. And over the last few years, the #1 seeds have no faired really well in the playoffs.

We want Denver to won this Sunday but then lose after. I'd rather have Peyton be emotional and throw interceptions in indy

How so? If they lose unlikely they make it but given how poor the AFC is aside from a few teams I don't think makes them "officially" out the playoff hunt. If other results go there way they could still only be one game back in the W/C hunt. 

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/officially

Shouldn't we be cheering for the Chargers too from your comments or did I miss the point?

Good post though.

As always, the Colts control their own destiny at this point, their best shot at playoff seeding & performance in the playoffs is  to go play ball & execute, learn to come on strong out of the gate instead of the slow starts, stop the "big play" factor that killed the team in the texans & rams games, & get a good head of steam going into the playoffs...

Bronco vs Patriots is going to be a good game. Bronco need to win for us to have better seeding. I personally think home field advantage means poop. All that matters is whichever team can become hot during playoff time.

It matters sometimes....I wish the Colts had home field in 2003.

We want Denver to won this Sunday but then lose after. I'd rather have Peyton be emotional and throw interceptions in indy

Be careful what you wish for. haha  It Happened once but I wouldn't push my luck because I don't see it happening again. :)  Peyton ca be fooled once but I don't think he will fall for that again. JMO

I'm cheering for teams that help improve the Colts chances for a #2 seed and 1st round bye.  That means cheering for anybody playing against the Bengals and Patriots.   The Patriots have a favorable schedule down the stretch (Texans, Browns, Dolphins, Ravens, Bills), so it's important that Denver beat them Sunday night.

I'm cheering for teams that help improve the Colts chances for a #2 seed and 1st round bye.  That means cheering for anybody playing against the Bengals and Patriots.   The Patriots have a favorable schedule down the stretch (Texans, Browns, Dolphins, Ravens, Bills), so it's important that Denver beat them Sunday night.

Agreed. You are exactly right.

agree w Buck if the colts can just start playing "complete" games everything will take care of itself. The only uncertainty we all feel is the way we are currently playing. We have to start playing better from the start or it wont matter what happens w everyone else. Heres to believing it starts w Arizona!! Go Colts!!

We need the Dolphins and Rams to win to increase our SOS.

EDIT: 49ers also.

It'll probably never come to that.  Assuming all things equal, strength of victory will be a tie breaker before strength of schedule.  And evne if the Pats beat the Broncos, I don't think their remaining schedule will put them ahead of us.  There's a lot of games to be played between now and then, but I don't know of any playoff seeds that were ever decided by SOS.

the most crucial game to root for another team between now and playoffs is the Broncos over the Pats.  I'd like to see us get a #1 seed, but given KCs and DEN's record, i'ts unlikely we catch them.  If Pats lose and we beat the Bengals, we'll be sitting nicely provided we close out the other games on our schedule (particularly within the division) to at least have the same record as the Pats, in whcih case, we'd win a tie breaker with them (common opponents).

It'll probably never come to that.  Assuming all things equal, strength of victory will be a tie breaker before strength of schedule.  And evne if the Pats beat the Broncos, I don't think their remaining schedule will put them ahead of us.  There's a lot of games to be played between now and then, but I don't know of any playoff seeds that were ever decided by SOS.

But just in case lol. You never know what could happen by the end of the season. 

But just in case lol. You never know what could happen by the end of the season. 

It at least gives us somethign to argue against the trolls.  Was so annoying last year how everyone said we won 11 games beause our coach was battling leukemia and we had an easy SOS.  It's the NFL, anyone can win.  But I digress...