Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pat McAfee

SkyBane

He is becoming an internet legend, and a fan favorite icon amongst NFL fans, not just Colts fans. I really hope he gets re-signed. Hes not only a very good punter (under rated position imo), but hes a fantastic personality. Would love to see him in a horseshoe for years to come.

He is becoming an internet legend, and a fan favorite icon amongst NFL fans, not just Colts fans. I really hope he gets re-signed. Hes not only a very good punter (under rated position imo), but hes a fantastic personality. Would love to see him in a horseshoe for years to come.

I second this!!

I could easily see him tagged again. Tags for punters are cheap by NFL standards and I don't think we have another free agent worth the tag at his poistion other than maybe Adam.

He could be franchised again but I hope not. We will not have a first rounder to sign next year so maybe that's an upside to the Trent trade that can free some money for Pat?

I could easily see him tagged again. Tags for punters are cheap by NFL standards and I don't think we have another free agent worth the tag at his poistion other than maybe Adam.

I could be wrong about this (I'm relying on my memory and not looking it up).. but I think it's gets really expensive to use the franchise tag on players in consecutive years because you have to pay 120% of the previous year or an average of the top 5.  Since he signed the 1-year franchise last year he already makes the average of the top 5.. next year would be 120% of that.

I seem to remember this being an issue with Edge.   I wouldn't be surprised if it was used on Davis unless they extend before the deadline.

vontae will get an extension

Mcafee is a punter. Don't care either way. Especially don't care about his internet persona

Don't have to care about anything other than the fact that he is one of the best punters in the league.

The other stuff is a bonus.

You cannot doubt his on the field contributions though.

Don't have to care about anything other than the fact that he is one of the best punters in the league.

The other stuff is a bonus.

You cannot doubt his on the field contributions though.

this has not been his best year. Happy to have him back, don't care if he leaves

I could be wrong about this (I'm relying on my memory and not looking it up).. but I think it's gets really expensive to use the franchise tag on players in consecutive years because you have to pay 120% of the previous year or an average of the top 5.  Since he signed the 1-year franchise last year he already makes the average of the top 5.. next year would be 120% of that.

I seem to remember this being an issue with Edge.   I wouldn't be surprised if it was used on Davis unless they extend before the deadline.

I believe you are correct on this, didn't it cause the Cowboys some financial pain to FT Spencer twice in a row?

Pat needs to concentrate on his football career and less on his comedy act.  He's a talented guy for sure, but he's had some real bone-head kicks this year (like the out of bounds blunder against TN).

Dude his show or whatever he does has zero effect on his training and practice for games. It was just a bad kick. 

Players have lives too..

I think he was the reason the Colts won the Houston game. The tackle he made on the long kick return saved a TD. He has made some really good saving tackles on returns(not that the returner should be getting to him), but he's not scared to get in there and hit some one.

One question though. Why has Allen been doing Facebook Friday the last 2 weeks and not McAfee?

I could be wrong about this (I'm relying on my memory and not looking it up).. but I think it's gets really expensive to use the franchise tag on players in consecutive years because you have to pay 120% of the previous year or an average of the top 5. Since he signed the 1-year franchise last year he already makes the average of the top 5.. next year would be 120% of that.

I seem to remember this being an issue with Edge. I wouldn't be surprised if it was used on Davis unless they extend before the deadline.

still for a punter it's cheap. He'd still make less than our backup QB just to give you an idea.

Pat needs to concentrate on his football career and less on his comedy act.  He's a talented guy for sure, but he's had some real bone-head kicks this year (like the out of bounds blunder against TN).

if you watch chuck pagano's press conference hes says they were trying to pin them deep in the corner and did not put that kick on McAfee

Can you tell me how you know one is affecting the other?

If I'm honest the canal incident for some reason endears him to me even more... players have done far worse under the influence (influences?).

I always just assumed it was a Broadripple right of passage. Im from further south in B-town, but thats what my dad told me lol.

If I'm honest the canal incident for some reason endears him to me even more... players have done far worse under the influence (influences?).

Yes, others have done much, much worse, but that move still deserves a good :facepalm:

He wouldn't have gotten into trouble if he hadn't tried to climb into to some random woman's car. :P

Ha I don't follow the NBA, that's a Pacers reference right?

Nah, Vanderjagt when he called Peyton and Tony soft during playoff losses.

Are you talking about Vandejagt? He was sober when he talked that nonsense. At least Mac had the good decency to be inebriated when he acted like an *.

I know he was. I was just combining that incident with him being our liquored up kicker.

Pat rocks.

I've met him several times and he's been nothing but a very cool, easy to talk to guy. And to top it off, he's a fantastic punter and happens to be a great athlete that enjoys tackling and does some great things off the field.

Can't ask for anything more. Keep him around at any reasonable cost.