Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts doubted on NFL.com Poll

bap1331

The question is: How far will the Colts go this season?

http://www.nfl.com/

A. First Round Playoff Exit 43%

B. Division Round: 34%

C. Conference Championship: 11%

D. Super Bowl Contenders: 6%

E. Miss Playoffs: 6%

Here is my demographics of who voted:

A. 43% bandwagon Broncos and Seahawks fans

B. 34% The rest of the the 30 other teams (not including Broncos and Seahawks fans)

C. 11% Respectful fans who lose and don't make excuses (49er fans)

D. 6% Colts fans (who believe in Blue!)

E. 6% More bandwagon Seahawks and Bronco fans (who know we are going to make it to the playoffs but just like hating)

I think we need to print this and blow it up on a huge poster board. Then put it in the Colts locker room. It will motivate us before the game and during halftime...

Would a first round exit really shock anyone?

I wouldn't count last years first round exit as really a loss. Our playcaller Arians was out sick and Luck was just a rookie. I think we actually would have won that game if Arians had been there...

The question is: How far will the Colts go this season?

http://www.nfl.com/

A. First Round Playoff Exit 43%

B. Division Round: 34%

C. Conference Championship: 11%

D. Super Bowl Contenders: 6%

E. Miss Playoffs: 6%

Here is my demographics of who voted:

A. 43% bandwagon Broncos and Seahawks fans

B. 34% The rest of the the 30 other teams (not including Broncos and Seahawks fans)

C. 11% Respectful fans who lose and don't make excuses (49er fans)

D. 6% Colts fans (who believe in Blue!)

E. 6% More bandwagon Seahawks and Bronco fans (who know we are going to make it to the playoffs but just like hating)

I think we need to print this and blow it up on a huge poster board. Then put it in the Colts locker room. It will motivate us before the game and during halftime...

I can guarantee you your projected demographics are wrong. Nobody likes this Colts team with the injuries its sustained against higher level competition, especially its own fanbase.

With all the injuries we have sustained it will be tough to win in the playoffs. WE NEED to establish a consistent and effective running game that works week in and week out to have any chance. If we get caught in a playoff game like last year where Luck is forced to throw the ball 50 plus times then we will be one and done. I'm sick and tired of one and done's, I've seen too many of them through the years.

With all the injuries we have sustained it will be tough to win in the playoffs. WE NEED to establish a consistent and effective running game that works week in and week out to have any chance. If we get caught in a playoff game like last year where Luck is forced to throw the ball 50 plus times then we will be one and done. I'm sick and tired of one and done's, I've seen too many of them through the years.

I think what we saw against the Titans is JUST the beginning. It will get better throughout the end of the season leading to the playoffs (assuming we make it...)

I suggest you lower your expectations.

Okay it wouldn't shock me like I couldn't grasp the thought of it, but I would be very very surprised. We're probably gonna get the 2nd or 3rd seed. With the 2nd, there is no 1st round game. With the 3rd, we most likely play the Jets with a rookie QB or the Chargers who we'll seek revenge for at home. Especially against the Jets though, I don't see us losing at LOS in a playoff game. 

Last year as a WC team we lost in the first playoff game.

This year as a division winner (looks very probable at the moment) we may WIN the first playoff game IMO. :thmup:

One week at a time. And lets hope our young/moody up and down loveable boys wearing the Shoe can avoid anymore serious injuries.

Because we over looked them. Trap game. Under prepared. Took it easy. Not ready. Unprofessional.

Or we just stunk it up, and the Rams played hard, fast and better.

What's worrying me is that Tenn did the exact same thing to us on offense, only to a bit less success. Those crossing routes are eating us alive, and I didn't see much in the way of adjustment. 

A Tom Brady or Peyton Manning would consume us alive if we don't figure that scheme out. 

What's worrying me is that Tenn did the exact same thing to us on offense, only to a bit less success. Those crossing routes are eating us alive, and I didn't see much in the way of adjustment. 

A Tom Brady or Peyton Manning would consume us alive if we don't figure that scheme out. 

Manning had his chance, but failed. So what has gone wrong? Puzzler.......

I don't quite get your demographics you postulated, why do Broncos and Seahawks Fans hate us so much exactly? I would have thought it was more likely to be Pats/Texans...

Paranoia. Manning cut / Wilson potentially best QB from Class of 2012. The demographics are Brad Wells-esque in my opinion....but harmless.

I don't quite get your demographics you postulated, why do Broncos and Seahawks Fans hate us so much exactly? I would have thought it was more likely to be Pats/Texans...

ive been on seahawks forum and they hate use they hate everything about us they think we get all the decisions from refs mainly i think cause we beat them and they still hold a grudg and think luck gets all the attention from the media which is quite funny 

ive been on seahawks forum and they hate use they hate everything about us they think we get all the decisions from refs mainly i think cause we beat them and they still hold a grudg and think luck gets all the attention from the media which is quite funny 

A fellow Brit. First time I've seen you post (I've missed all 221 previous ones - I'm very observant). Nice to have you. We also have a UKColt13. Not sure what happened to 14,15 & 16. A bit like Marvin in the Play-offs perhaps, MIA.

It seems reasonable to doubt the Colts right now, they have been outscored something like 69 to 6 in the first half of the past 3 games.  This is not usually a strategy for success.  The O-line has its problems and the pass defense has been giving up big plays.

Would a first round exit really shock anyone?

That depends. Maybe not "shock", but I'd be fairly surprised if we lost a first round playoff home game to the Jets or Titans or Browns. Hell, even though we lost to them I'd be surprised if we lost to the Dolphins.

Of course, I think it's rather imperative we keep playing for at least the 3 seed, even if we can't make our way into a bye (which isn't entirely out of the question since Cincy is kinda mediocre and New England's schedule isn't exactly a cakewalk with Carolina, Denver, Houston, Cleveland, Miami, Baltimore, and Buffalo on the slate). This is a season where you do NOT want to be the 4 seed in the AFC, because that means you're going to have to play the Broncos or Chiefs.

That depends. Maybe not "shock", but I'd be fairly surprised if we lost a first round playoff home game to the Jets or Titans or Browns. Hell, even though we lost to them I'd be surprised if we lost to the Dolphins.

Of course, I think it's rather imperative we keep playing for at least the 3 seed, even if we can't make our way into a bye (which isn't entirely out of the question since Cincy is kinda mediocre and New England's schedule isn't exactly a cakewalk with Carolina, Denver, Houston, Cleveland, Miami, Baltimore, and Buffalo on the slate). This is a season where you do NOT want to be the 4 seed in the AFC, because that means you're going to have to play the Broncos or Chiefs.

I'd take the Chiefs in a heartbeat. They remind me of the 06 Ravens. Nice D, no O. I was confident we could take them then, and we did. Rinse and repeat please....

A-hem, I may rethink after tonight!

Most Patriots fans dont care now that Manning is gone. Seahawks fans do actually furiously hate the Colts because Andrew Luck gets more media hype than Russell Wilson. Half their boards are filled with Colts hate about how the franchise desrves none of what it gets, they are the anointed team to win behind the Broncos so they get all the calls, the wish to face Indy in the superbowl so Russell can hoist the trophy in Andrews face, etc.

Most Patriots fans dont care now that Manning is gone. Seahawks fans do actually furiously hate the Colts because Andrew Luck gets more media hype than Russell Wilson. Half their boards are filled with Colts hate about how the franchise desrves none of what it gets, they are the anointed team to win behind the Broncos so they get all the calls, the wish to face Indy in the superbowl so Russell can hoist the trophy in Andrews face, etc.

In that case I would have thought the 'Skins would have to up there ;) I can't believe I'm debating fictional demographic numbers, I need to get out more. 

In that case I would have thought the 'Skins would have to up there ;) I can't believe I'm debating fictional demographic numbers, I need to get out more. 

My train stopped at Preston today. I thought of you, funnily. Isn't the internet weird.....

Yes, get out more........and if you are down for a Wembley game next year, we should meet up....

My train stopped at Preston today. I thought of you, funnily. Isn't the internet weird.....

Yes, get out more........and if you are down for a Wembley game next year, we should meet up....

I feel sorry for you that it stopped, I hope they kept the windows rolled up and the doors locked. 

Certainly on the Wembley games, though I'm not sure which one to aim for based on who's coming across. 

Denver is far more concerned with KC....and SD than they are with our Colts

..and Seattle could not possibly care less about Indianapolis

we have gave them both their first losses in the season and i think there only loss so far......seems like a good reason to a point