Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The O-line has to be fixed

AllYouNeedIsLuck

It's pretty simple. The FO has to be whatever they can to get a good or great O-line. The rest of the team will fall into place after that. Luck's numbers and the flow of offense when the O-line gives him any protection has been incredible. There has to be a consistency there. This team with a great offensive line would hardly lose. 

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, because fixing the o-line is easy... that is why every team has a good to great o-line except for the Colts.

They have 3/5th of the oline with AC, Thornton and Cherilus.  I think Reitz should be in there but the team does not see him as a starter.  Thomas will be back next year and then all the Colts need is a center.  They are moving in the right direction but these things take time.

Yeah luck could destroy with a real pocket as could TRich as long as pep changes his stupid play calling

pep's play calling is what actually got us back in the game...and i think the o line is ok...they been doing well all season..this was really the only game where they gave up pressure on almost every play but that's because the texans were playing to save their season...trich just needa be involved in more screen passes in space and leave DB as the rb

Yes, because fixing the o-line is easy... that is why every team has a good to great o-line except for the Colts.

They have 3/5th of the oline with AC, Thornton and Cherilus.  I think Reitz should be in there but the team does not see him as a starter.  Thomas will be back next year and then all the Colts need is a center.  They are moving in the right direction but these things take time.

And Thomas will be back.

I really want us to sign Mack from the Browns. 

I'd avoid judging them right after probably their worst game of the season...against one of the best DL in the league.  I can't explain why McGlynn starts over Linkenbach (or even Reitz, for that matter), but I agree that another interior OL might be a top need next year.  I like that Donald Thomas is coming back, but I wasn't super impressed with him before he got injured.  I'd like us to draft a new starting guard opposite Thornton, and let Satele, Holmes, McGlynn, and Thomas fight for that center spot (they all can play it).  A 2nd rounder should be a good upgrade over McGlynn...

I've been a Colts fan since 1955 and this is the worst O line I've seen on a Colts team.

The only one I have hope for is thornton at least he will get better.

Castonzo should be a guard because he can't passblock for poop.

The rest stink they're no good and they'll never make it. I read what you all wrote about 3/5 of a good

O line WRONG the only thing this O line will do is get LUCK Killed.

Just one other thing Andre Johnson has been in this NFL for what 10 years and is 33yrs old.

he sure made chumps of Bethea and V.Davis didn't he!

I've been a Colts fan since 1955 and this is the worst O line I've seen on a Colts team.

The rest stink they're no good and they'll never make it. I read what you all wrote about 3/5 of a good

Just one other thing Andre Johnson has been in this NFL for what 10 years and is 33yrs old.

The worst O Line you've seen on the Colt's since 1955???  Seriously?  Did you watch last year?

Link is awful. Not that he is an Olson.

Thornton has been getting abused for the last 3-4 games. Not ready to be a starter. Oh well.

I do think Center needs to be a real strength. lol We let an upgrade leave, many think.

Grigs addressed it last off season, he will keep at it. Andrew puts a whoop on`em with some time. He is a bad man.

I agree, a good O-Line and we will be a 12 game winner playing a winners schedule. Year two is :thmup:

I'd avoid judging them right after probably their worst game of the season...against one of the best DL in the league.  I can't explain why McGlynn starts over Linkenbach (or even Reitz, for that matter), but I agree that another interior OL might be a top need next year.  I like that Donald Thomas is coming back, but I wasn't super impressed with him before he got injured.  I'd like us to draft a new starting guard opposite Thornton, and let Satele, Holmes, McGlynn, and Thomas fight for that center spot (they all can play it).  A 2nd rounder should be a good upgrade over McGlynn...

Link probably isn't any better than McGlynn

Donald Thomas was big loss

You may have been a fan since 1955, but you obviously don't ever watch the o-line play. There have been countless worse o-line's than we have right now. All we need is a center and RG and the problems would be fixed. There is literally ZERO chance Castanzo goes to guard. He has been very good this yr. and if you can't see that, then you have no idea what you're talking about.

Guest TeamLoloJones

These guys are going to get Luck killed..

Still better than it was last year.  At least this year our tackles have been decent.  Our interior line is comically bad right now.

Guest TeamLoloJones

If we get one outside FA this year, I want it to be Alex Mack.  He'll be expensive but worth it.

Or 2010?

2007-current have all been more or less equally craptastic, and that's the problem. We haven't seen any improvement in a six-seven year span. Once Glenn retired it was all down hill from there.

The line will have a good showing or two, people will get high on it saying it's "fixed", then it will revert to its craptastic norm for the next several weeks. I get this is a new regime in place and it's only year two, so it gets a pass for last season and for the most part this one.

By next year though they need to make long strides. By long strides I don't expect Luck to have Brady's fortress, I expect  Luck to get at least 2 seconds to do something before getting killed barring a blown assignment.

My problem with pep is with TRich not luck Ik it help luck I should have said his stupid power formation is hurting TRich

Ill go back and look at all his runs to see how many yards he has gained from that formation in a bit and tell you waht his average is out of that formation to see what ya sau holds merit,

Ill go back and look at all his runs to see how many yards he has gained from that formation in a bit and tell you waht his average is out of that formation to see what ya sau holds merit,

I just hate the damn power formation he runs right into the D cause McGlynn and satele are letting the rush right through as soon as TRich gets the ball

Did anyone notice our buddy Mcglynn got blown up to allow the blocked FG. He's an equal oppurtunity lender. He doesn't just get blown up in the run game.

actually looking at the replay (without benefit on all 22 yet) it looks like Matt Overton just never got out of his stance and Watt just jumped up where he was and blocked the kick, Mcglynn got knocked back but I dont think that had to do with Watt blocking the kick

Guest TeamLoloJones

Also, Allen back will do wonders.

Allen being injured has forced Fleener to be the guy...and he's starting to come along finally.  So when Allen is back...good luck rest of the NFL.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Donald Thomas will be back next season. Our best lineman before his injury. Sign a quality center in FA. Then move Thornton to RG.

Castonzo - Thomas - FA (maybe Mack) - Thornton - Cherilus

That's a good pretty good o-line.

I'd be suprised if Cleveland let Mack walk, but he's without question my favorite offseason target.

I just hate the damn power formation he runs right into the D cause McGlynn and satele are letting the rush right through as soon as TRich gets the ball

yeah sometimes but many times Richardson presses to close and if the hole is not where its supposed to open up he does not leave himself any room to create something(and thats where a rb makes his money, his money is not made always running where the hole is supposed to be cause there is going to be times when its just not there so a rb has to have the vision and burst to get to another hole. He has the burst but has to improve his vision some more), its really a variety of factors in Trents lack of success, Not all O Line, Not all Trent, Not all playcalling. Combination of it all, Still Mcglynns days are numbered in Indy, I guarantee it, I'd say that number is in the 8 to 12 game range (it ends when our season is over)

yeah sometimes but many times Richardson presses to close and if the hole is not where its supposed to open up he does not leave himself any room to create something(and thats where a rb makes his money, his money is not made always running where the hole is supposed to be cause there is going to be times when its just not there so a rb has to have the vision and burst to get to another hole. He has the burst but has to improve his vision some more), its really a variety of factors in Trents lack of success, Not all O Line, Not all Trent, Not all playcalling. Combination of it all, Still Mcglynns days are numbered in Indy, I guarantee it, I'd say that number is in the 8 to 12 game range (it ends when our season is over)

I hope so

Allen being injured has forced Fleener to be the guy...and he's starting to come along finally.  So when Allen is back...good luck rest of the NFL.

Yup. This offense is nowhere close to what it will be when those two play in two TE sets. With Allen's diverse skill set and Fleener's big play ability and improved blocking we're going to be very dynamic.

Add the fact that Reggie is back next season too, a TY with more experience and leadership as a consequence of him being the go to guy now and a one-two punch in Ballard and TR... I see us being a top 5 offense.