Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

That would be terribly expensive. I hope not unless it involves a player trade. 

Using the general draft chart and assuming we get 24th pick, our 2nd round pick would be worth 340 to the 740 our first round pick was worth. So imagine adding enough picks just to get back to that late first. 

Guest TeamLoloJones

That's what I meant lol I was thinking of the pitcher on the Rangers 

Right now he's late first round, but he could get into the top 20 if he keeps playing well.

Yep. Haven't seen him play but if thats what you think, don't want him. Usually you have it or you don't. So any 2nd round ILB's in the draft that look good?

I could be wrong, I have literally started my 'scouting' tonight. Just seems like Manziel hangs a ball up for him, he out muscles the corner and then is taken down.

Haven't started looking at ilbs myself, but I'm sure someone can shed some light on it.

In terms of WRs in the 2nd or 3rd, Donte Moncreif is a freak.

As others have said here,  I believe it would be way too expensive....    we're likely talking about 3 high picks to move up one full round into the 1st round....

I don't see Grigson paying that kind of price.     Not for a guy who thinks he can find good talent in most any round.   He'll want to hoard his picks in 2014.

That's what my instincts tell me as of right now......

My only issue is he seems kind of...I don't know. He doesn't look terribly explosive.

He's like a taller version of Anquan Boldin. Boldin sure isn't explosive, but he goes after every ball, comes back to help the QB if in trouble, and can get up over the DB's to make the catch..Evans is very similar in that respect, plus, he ran a 4.54 40...

Evans, if he doesn't get hurt, is going to be a force in the NFL for years to come.

Difficult to tell, at this point... it's hard for me to imagine how trading into the 1st would be worth it... Who we re-sign will have a lot to with how we draft..

Also, much like this season, it might be hard to properly judge certain units due to the fact that we will be having studs come back from injury...

Despite having a not so great year, and even if he is projected to be there for our round 2 pick, I still like Brandon Coleman of Rutgers for this offense.

So, if he is sitting there around 50s and we are picking at, say 62, I'd be fine with trading up for him giving up a 2nd and 5th.

However, I would like to bolster our pass rush more with options. I like Kareem Martin, DE, North Carolina for our OLB/DE options for the hybrid at 6'5", 265 lbs for our round 2 pick if we stand pat.

Guest TeamLoloJones

How do you feel about Sammy Watkins and/or Marqise Lee?

At this point Watkins is going in the top 10, so there's no point in even talking about him.  Lee might fall all the way to the late 1st, which is probably still to high to trade up to.

At this point Watkins is going in the top 10, so there's no point in even talking about him.  Lee might fall all the way to the late 1st, which is probably still to high to trade up to.

If Grigson thinks that Watkins will be a star and he wants him on the Colts then that's where he'll end up. Grigson is in love with making the splash move it seems. Lee is the more realistic target but he might also be too far out of reach.

Guest TeamLoloJones

I would only trade up for Jason Verrett or Bradley Roby but that's about it. I wouldn't trade up for a WR, IMO (probably a controversial opinion) this isn't a great year for the #1 WR.

We may not be able to get a #1 WR, since we have no 1st, but just by the talent alone, this is the best WR draft since A.J. Green and Julio Jones.  Sammy Watkins, Marqise Lee, Jordan Matthews, Mike Evans, Donte Moncrief are all great #1 WR options.

Guest TeamLoloJones

If Grigson thinks that Watkins will be a star and he wants him on the Colts then that's where he'll end up. Grigson is in love with making the splash move it seems. Lee is the more realistic target but he might also be too far out of reach.

The Colts don't have nearly enough to trade up into the top 10. We have no 1st round pick.  All our picks will be near the end of every round.  And teams won't put much value in our 2015 picks either, because we will be viewed as a top 10 team in 2014.

The Colts don't have nearly enough to trade up into the top 10. We have no 1st round pick.  All our picks will be near the end of every round.  And teams won't put much value in our 2015 picks either, because we will be viewed as a top 10 team in 2014.

This is true but the quarterback position is what has me intrigued. If enough teams go on a quarterback run then a big time talent may fall. Anything could still happen between now and the draft.

How do you feel about Sammy Watkins and/or Marqise Lee?

Prefer Watkins over Lee. I watched Lee vs Hawaii and I wasn't impressed, drop wide open passes, even screens and muff the punt.

If we ever had to take a WR in this draft, it would be Allen Robinson from Penn State ( watch him vs Ohio State) but I would rather get someone like TY Montegemery or Dorial Green Beckham next year ( if they declare)

I would only trade up for Jason Verrett or Bradley Roby but that's about it. I wouldn't trade up for a WR, IMO (probably a controversial opinion) this isn't a great year for the #1 WR.

Why in the world would the Colts trade that far up for corners? Hasn't exactly been a glaring weakness this year.

I could be wrong, I have literally started my 'scouting' tonight. Just seems like Manziel hangs a ball up for him, he out muscles the corner and then is taken down.

Haven't started looking at ilbs myself, but I'm sure someone can shed some light on it.

In terms of WRs in the 2nd or 3rd, Donte Moncreif is a freak.

I think Evans is faster than people think....it might be that long stride that throws people off. I haven't seen too many defenders catching him from behind that's for sure.

I wouldn't trade up. Ryan Grigson has proven to be successful at finding hidden talent at the bottom of the well. I'd let the man do his thing and challenge us to stay where we are, or even consider trading down.

This year's QB draft class is supposed to be good, so maybe a lot of teams will use 1st rounders on QB's, pushing some good talent down and making our 2nd rounder attractive.

If we saw a talent that we where sure we wanted then we should trade up.  But it will cost us.  Most likely the deal would probably look something like Our 2014 2nd, 2014 3rd, and 2015 1st for their 2014 1st.

But to get the right talent it would be worth it.