Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

LaVon Brazill listed as First-string WR

GoColts00

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@BrazillLaVon: I just want to thank everyone for all the support n full confidence in me. I will not let u guys down. Next man up. Time to shine.

Gonna hold him to this tweet. The moment he drops a pass or runs the wrong route, I'm creating a panic thread about him

:funny:

Guest TeamLoloJones

@BrazillLaVon: I just want to thank everyone for all the support n full confidence in me. I will not let u guys down. Next man up. Time to shine.

That's what I like to hear.

He's a pain in the butt off the field.

I think that was him...... bad conduct off the field. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong

Well, that's not a problem with this organization. Our coaches are fantastic at this kind of stuff, and any time a guy like reggie wayne plays the same position as you, your not gonna want to goof off.

Brazill still has a lot to learn and prove he really deserves a spot. Everybody remembers that catch in Detroit but not many remember how frustrated Arians was with him before that because he kept running the wrong routes.

He is now listed as #1 in the depth chart just because they erased Wayne's name and Brazill was listed second, as his backup. I have nothing against Brazill, I am just not enthusiastic about him because I need to see more than 9 catches.

As for the new signing for the remaining roster spot my guess would be another tight end as there are only 2 currently.

Hakeem Nicks, Josh Gordon. Deion Branch if you just want a one year fill in to boost depth. Even on the practice squad, Rogers is the better choice talent wise.

So tired of hearing about Whalen.

Did you watch the last giants game?  Dude couldn't catch a cold in flip-flops and a tank top in the middle of Antarctica.  Deion Branch is intriguing but I doubt Grigs brings him in.  Gordon's asking price will be crazy high and personally I don't feel like losing any more draft picks.

Just as i predicted Brazil would be the Z WR, he has all the physical tools to be good. Not many players in the league can make that catch he had vs the Lions. Grigson knows what he's doing he traded a 2nd for Vontae now he is a top 10 CB. Found a gem in Freeman from Canada now he's one of the most versatile LB's in the league. Traded a late first for #3 overall RB in Richardson who has all the physical abilities you guys just have to be patient, give him a few more games and you'll see how great of a player he will be.

I can not agree more. was looking at the stats from the Denver game and guess who had the best YPC out of our active RB.... TRICH. i understand ppl given love to Brown over the past few weeks because of his average but his was used sparingly in previous games. in this game he saw only 3 less carries but ran in more obvious running downs (Like TRich usually does) and also got stuffed at the line of scrimmage like Trich in previous games. but unlike Trich brown cant fight for those extra yards so came up with 2.04 ypc while Trich had 2.69 while i realize it isn't the biggest margin it still shows that is isn't that Trich is a flop it is that he is hampered behind our line but i believe in what coach Pagano preaches:

Stick to the process, Don't Judge, 60 Minutes.

Trich will come good. Believe we are going to Meadowlands Coltstrong. 

Where is all this "T.Y. is a slot receiver/T.Y. needs to be in the slot to be successful" talk coming from? Almost all the damage he has made thus far has been out wide. Reggie Wayne has in fact been the slot receiver for much of T.Y.'s stay here, which is proof 'slot receiver' does not strictly mean #3 or that a guy goes out during 2 WR sets. There are several examples of players who played moved inside in 3 WR sets who were the #1 on the team, such as Hines Ward and Wes Welker along with Reggie Wayne since Arians came in.

I don't think Brazill being listed as the starter is as significant as it's being made out to be. He was just the only person listed behind Reggie at the time, and all they have done is remove Reggie's name, moving Brazill as the only name left on that side. He could well be the starter, but I'd make a safe bet he's not just going to leap frog the teams 2nd most productive receiver right now.

TY is now the team's #1 receiver. Whether he is ready for the role is up for debate, but he is the best receiver on the roster now that Reggie is out. I think he has the talent and the ability-- I just hold my breath every time he takes a big hit since he looks so small out there. Brazill has a lot of talent, but like others have mentioned, he has been very up and down, mostly down, in his stint with the Colts due to poor routes and attitude. The WR core is not only young but mostly an unknown due to us having no idea what to expect from Brazill or even Rogers and Whalen if they play.

I am skeptical about Whalen. If he was as great a possession guy as people here are claiming he would have seen the field on a consistent basis before now regardless of the Reggie injury. I would think the coaching staff will see what we have from these guys though before going out and signing an outsider.

TY is now the team's #1 receiver. Whether he is ready for the role is up for debate, but he is the best receiver on the roster now that Reggie is out. I think he has the talent and the ability-- I just hold my breath every time he takes a big hit since he looks so small out there. Brazill has a lot of talent, but like others have mentioned, he has been very up and down, mostly down, in his stint with the Colts due to poor routes and attitude. The WR core is not only young but mostly an unknown due to us having no idea what to expect from Brazill or even Rogers and Whalen if they play.

I am skeptical about Whalen. If he was as great a possession guy as people here are claiming he would have seen the field on a consistent basis before now regardless of the Reggie injury. I would think the coaching staff will see what we have from these guys though before going out and signing an outsider.

Normally, Id agree with evaluating before making a move. Trade deadline is in 7 days though, so Grigs doesnt have that luxury

ok. highlights are nice. but what I want to see is the low-lights. What kind of mistakes does this guy make. Is it dropped passes? bad route running. There has to be some reason why he was undrafted.

He was first team all SEC as a sophomore and then promptly got indefinitely suspended and transferred.  Getting indefinitely suspended at a place like Tennessee is hard to do.  Dude has massive amounts of talent but he went undrafted due to his immaturity.  He's also 6'2" and had top 5 numbers in most of the combine drills.  If he gets his head on straight there's no reason to think he can't be a #1 receiver in the league but that's a massive if.

Normally, Id agree with evaluating before making a move. Trade deadline is in 7 days though, so Grigs doesnt have that luxury

Didn't realize that. Definitely puts them in a tough spot. Maybe Josh Gordon would be a good pick up. Wouldn't want Hakeem Nicks under any circumstances though.

My thoughts are we should promote these young receivers so that we know whether or not we need to address WR in the off-season and how many are needed.  Unless a deal can be made that you just can't turn down I think we have to bite the bullet especially since we have very little CAP. If these guys prove that we have what we need then we can invest in other positions.    

My thoughts are we should promote these young receivers so that we know whether or not we need to address WR in the off-season and how many are needed. Unless a deal can be made that you just can't turn down I think we have to bite the bullet especially since we have very little CAP. If these guys prove that we have what we need then we can invest in other positions.

Even if they prove their worth, it would still be a heavy investment in the offseason. Its the thinnest position by far.

Reggie will be 36 coming out of ACL and miniscus rehab.That is not a good combo. DHB was a one year deal, so he will need a new deal or he will walk. That leaves Hilton and Brazill as the only other recievers on our current roster who are guaranteed to return.

WR needs addressed badly, and its either now or in the offaeason. Why not now?

Well, since so many on here are in panic mode, I suggest the Colts move Reitz to TE, he checks in as the third TE anyway, move Fleener to WR, T-Rich to FB, move Luck to RB (I mean he is 6'4" 240lbs with 4.5 speed that would make a heck of a load to bring down), move Brown to QB (since withouth Wayne there is no need to even attempt to throw the ball), plus then the Colts could start to run the read option.  While the Colts are revamping everything then let's go ahead and move AC to right guard because for some reason people on this board think that AC (who was a 4 year starter at tackle in college and now a 3 year starter at tackle in the NFL, would make a better guard) put Link at LT, bring Holmes up for center, move McGlynn over to LG and keep the RT the same because there is no reason to mess with continuity.

Or perhaps people will realize that there is nothing the Colts can do to replace Wayne... there is no trade that will do it, there is no FA out there that can do it, you can't talk a vampire (or vampire hunter I'm not sure which he is)out of retirement to fill his shoes.  No one player is going to replace Wayne, so the smart thing to do (we will see if the Colts do it) is to replace Wayne with the next guy on the roster (Brazill) and play ball knowing that everyone will have to step on their game.

Well, since so many on here are in panic mode, I suggest the Colts move Reitz to TE, he checks in as the third TE anyway, move Fleener to WR, T-Rich to FB, move Luck to RB (I mean he is 6'4" 240lbs with 4.5 speed that would make a heck of a load to bring down), move Brown to QB (since withouth Wayne there is no need to even attempt to throw the ball), plus then the Colts could start to run the read option. While the Colts are revamping everything then let's go ahead and move AC to right guard because for some reason people on this board think that AC (who was a 4 year starter at tackle in college and now a 3 year starter at tackle in the NFL, would make a better guard) put Link at LT, bring Holmes up for center, move McGlynn over to LG and keep the RT the same because there is no reason to mess with continuity.

Or perhaps people will realize that there is nothing the Colts can do to replace Wayne... there is no trade that will do it, there is no FA out there that can do it, you can't talk a vampire (or vampire hunter I'm not sure which he is)out of retirement to fill his shoes. No one player is going to replace Wayne, so the smart thing to do (we will see if the Colts do it) is to replace Wayne with the next guy on the roster (Brazill) and play ball knowing that everyone will have to step on their game.

Or rather than being sarcastic about it, you could realize this isnt panic mode and its just about dealing with the incredibly short handed WR corp, that now lacks consistancy and an ace route runner.

Like it or not, the WR corp is officially a glaring weakness without Reggie, and unless a move is made in 7 days, its not getting fixed until the offseason.

Or rather than being sarcastic about it, you could realize this isnt panic mode and its just about dealing with the incredibly short handed WR corp, that now lacks consistancy and an ace route runner.

Like it or not, the WR corp is officially a glaring weakness without Reggie, and unless a move is made in 7 days, its not getting fixed until the offseason.

Ahh, I see because you saying it's a glaring weakness it must be so, I bet you believed Chicken Little when you were a kid.  Personally, I like the Colts receiving corps.  I liked it better with Wayne than without but that is football.

Two other things, I will keep being sarcastic so deal with it or don't read my posts and like it or not, there is no move that can be made in the next 7 days that is going to dramatically improve the WR corp.

Ok. did I miss something in the preseason? Why is everyone so high on rogers? what has he done to merit all the attention he's getting?

He's got a ton of talent but there must be something wrong since he's not getting any playing time and is on the PS.

Ahh, I see because you saying it's a glaring weakness it must be so, I bet you believed Chicken Little when you were a kid. Personally, I like the Colts receiving corps. I liked it better with Wayne than without but that is football.

Two other things, I will keep being sarcastic so deal with it or don't read my posts and like it or not, there is no move that can be made in the next 7 days that is going to dramatically improve the WR corp.

There will be only 2 healthy guys on it after the season is over. If Reggie doesnt come back there will only be 2 guys at all. You can like those 2 guys a ton, but with only 2 its still a glaring need.

There will be only 2 healthy guys on it after the season is over. If Reggie doesnt come back there will only be 2 guys at all. You can like those 2 guys a ton, but with only 2 its still a glaring need.

The time to take care of offseason items is during the offseason.  That is one of the reasons why there is an offseason. Teams spend that time preparing for the upcoming season, they don't spend the season preparing for what will happen during the offseason.

ok. highlights are nice. but what I want to see is the low-lights. What kind of mistakes does this guy make. Is it dropped passes? bad route running. There has to be some reason why he was undrafted.

Its like you don`t follow football. Try a search. He was well documented.

1st-2nd round skills with a undraftable background. If the light comes on for him...

The time to take care of offseason items is during the offseason.  That is one of the reasons why there is an offseason. Teams spend that time preparing for the upcoming season, they don't spend the season preparing for what will happen during the offseason.

We need one now.

We need one now.

They have one now.  His name is LaVon Brazill.  Then to replace LaVon they will probably sign a free agent WR or move Whalen from the practice squad.  Or perhaps they will move both Whalen and Da'Rick from the practice squad and let them split time to see who performs.

They have one now.  His name is LaVon Brazill.  Then to replace LaVon they will probably sign a free agent WR or move Whalen from the practice squad.

Who has proven what? I get giving people a chance, but he hasn't proven anything except one TD catch against Detroit.

Not even in pre season did he show anything.

Who has proven what? I get giving people a chance, but he hasn't proven anything except one TD catch against Detroit.

Also that hes miserable at keeping route trees straight. How many times did Arians lay in to him last year for running the completely wrong route? He scares me honestly.

Well, he's proven enough that the coaches decided to keep him on the roster even though he was suspended.  He's proven enough that the front office does not seem to be in panic mode like many of the fans.  

You know, fans base their decisions on about 10% of the information the coaches and FO use to make their decisions.  To say he hasn't proved anything is a game is understandable but not completely accurate because the only time a fan can really see a WR is when the ball is thrown to him, we do not see the routes run, we don't know if it was the correct route or not, we do not see the communication with the QB, we do not see if he was open and the QB didn't throw to him, but it's understandable.  To say he hasn't proven anything is a statement based on ignorance because that is what training camp, film study, game plan tests, etc. is for... so the coaches know if a player is ready.

It's because it's something that he made up to justify his rant about needing to trade for a guy who is one failed test away from being suspended for the year.

Oh come off it. Its even in Brazill's scouting reports that he struggles with anything more than the most basic routes. Hes got plenty of physical talent, but is just not mentally sound.

Oh come off it. Its even in Brazill's scouting reports that he struggles with anything more than the most basic routes. Hes got plenty of physical talent, but is just not mentally sound.

Ahh, so because the NFL.com scouting report states that (which you are correct it does state that) you just projected that Arians got onto him last year for running the wrong route?  You have no actual proof this happened, you just know it did because of what the nfl.com scouting report says... is that correct?

Brazill still has a lot to learn and prove he really deserves a spot. Everybody remembers that catch in Detroit but not many remember how frustrated Arians was with him before that because he kept running the wrong routes.

He is now listed as #1 in the depth chart just because they erased Wayne's name and Brazill was listed second, as his backup. I have nothing against Brazill, I am just not enthusiastic about him because I need to see more than 9 catches.

As for the new signing for the remaining roster spot my guess would be another tight end as there are only 2 currently.

Im not the only one who saw it coffeedrinker.