Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pep Hamilton is the worst Offensive Coordinator in the NFL...

jshipp23

We have been winning despite our coaching, but much like the Dolphins game the pathetic play calling put us behind and never let us get rythym..We played uptempo to start and finish the game and that was our only success...Like Jon Gruden said, he doesn't understand why we don't let Luck sling it more, we have way to many 3 and outs because of our predictability....I don't see the offense evolving at all it reminds me of a high school offense...We are way to easy to figure out, if we throw more and run no huddle it will open up the run game and everything else, we have a great young QB who's skills aren't being utilized because of this power running game/body blows nonsense!! If we had a real OC we would be 6-0 right now it it kills me that are coaches can't seem to make adjustments or gameplan to win instead of game planning not to lose...The decision to punt on 4th and 2 was a joke as well as the defense couldn't get off the field all night so lets give them the ball on the 50 where 1 play puts them in field goal range , the whole thing was pathetic....I know there were many drops, but a lot of that was do to being cold from sitting on the sidelines and not having any rythym all game, and Trich did good he was carrying  2 or 3 guys and getting hit behind the line  all night, if we pass more and put the defense on their heels the holes would open up..That is all...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We have been winning despite our coaching, but much like the Dolphins game the pathetic play calling put us behind and never let us get rythym..We played uptempo to start and finish the game and that was our only success...Like Jon Gruden said, he doesn't understand why we don't let Luck sling it more, we have way to many 3 and outs because of our predictability....I don't see the offense evolving at all it reminds me of a high school offense...We are way to easy to figure out, if we throw more and run no huddle it will open up the run game and everything else, we have a great young QB who's skills aren't being utilized because of this power running game/body blows nonsense!! If we had a real OC we would be 6-0 right now it it kills me that are coaches can't seem to make adjustments or gameplan to win instead of game planning not to lose...The decision to punt on 4th and 2 was a joke as well as the defense couldn't get off the field all night so lets give them the ball on the 50 where 1 play puts them in field goal range , the whole thing was pathetic....I know there were many drops, but a lot of that was do to being cold from sitting on the sidelines and not having any rythym all game, and Trich did good he was carrying  2 or 3 guys and getting hit behind the line  all night, if we pass more and put the defense on their heels the holes would open up..That is all...

You were brave enough to just say it and on the money with what you said. This is not a bandwagon jumping rant at all. The players have been good enough up to this point, to mask the poor play calling, but last night, unfortunately, our predictablity was exposed. I have noticed other games as well, but I try to think Pep will get better, but we'll see.

You were brave enough to just say it and on the money with what you said. This is not a bandwagon jumping rant at all. The players have been good enough up to this point, to mask the poor play calling, but last night, unfortunately, our predictablity was exposed. I have noticed other games as well, but I try to think Pep will get better, but we'll see.

I hope he does..He almost seems to want to keep games close instead of blowing them open as we can do if given the chance, and then you can power run, although I don't think we have the line to power run yet..We need to play to our strengths which is Luck throwing and this will in turn open big running holes...The NFL is a pass first league, you throw to open up the run not the opposite especially if Luck is your QB...If we had Hardwick and Fluker on the O-line like SD then maybe we could enforce our will and run even when they know it's coming..I am impressed with SD's line, they have 2 of the most massive tackles I have ever saw and gave Rivers all day to throw, and opened big holes all night, we need that and then maybe Pep's antiquated offense would work better...

Not sure we needed yet another "Bad Pep" thread.

Time of possession.....defense was awful

Time of possession:  offense made HUGE mistakes (Penalties and drops)

I guess I need to list the 26 coordinators who are worse......Houston:  We have a problem is the 1st.....I can go on and on like the Energizer Bunny:  Or not:  

02092007-762967.png

:facepalm:

I figured this was a JShipp thread

Now people wanna blame the offense. This is the same offense (minus) injuries that smacked San Francisco in the mouth at San Francisco. Same offense that ran wild on the Jaguars. Nothing wrong with the play calling, it's the execution that was off tonight

Not sure we needed yet another "Bad Pep" thread.

Time of possession.....defense was awful

Time of possession:  offense made HUGE mistakes (Penalties and drops)

I guess I need to list the 26 coordinators who are worse......Houston:  We have a problem is the 1st.....I can go on and on like the Energizer Bunny:  Or not:  

02092007-762967.png

I second that.

We had many problems yesterday, and coaching isn't on that list. mostly we had those problems we already fixed once. Back to school...

New mantra for receiving corps and Mr. Richardson: "Andrew is not throwing balls to drop them."

235_profile_img1_kitkat3.jpg

The whole forum is full with Your complaint on our OC.

I don't think there's a play in our playbook that says: drop the ball whatever happens. We were awful on all side of the ball. That was the game we should forget, but we have to learn from our mistales. Period.

I knew there would be many moronic comments of how the offense is just fine and the dropped passes were the reason...How about going uptemp putting the d on there heels and getting them tired and then enforce our will running the ball...Instead lets run when they are fresh and know we are gonna run and continue to get in 3rd downs all game and have 3 and out after 3 and out...It's almost like our gameplan is to keep the opposing defense fresh, tire our defense out and then hope Luck can save us in the end...We ran out of time last night..We should be 6-0 period and we could be blowing teams out, but we play not lose it's horrible!!

I think Pep needs to manage his talent a bit better.  (Mr. Obvious huh?)  We should be using Luck to build a two score lead early and then the running game to run out the clock on the opponent.  His mentality is all wrong, and if he doesn't improve, he needs to be shown the door.

These threads smell like snot bubbles.  I honestly think that the Colts went into this game believing all of the hype that was going on.  When I sat and watched the pregame crap, I literally felt uncomfortible with all of the shmoozing the media was lathering the Colts with.  I wasn't used to it.  I would rather go into the game as an underdog.  The Colts always seem to play better in those type of games.

235_profile_img1_kitkat3.jpg

The whole forum is full with Your complaint on our OC.

I don't think there's a play in our playbook that says: drop the ball whatever happens. We were awful on all side of the ball. That was the game we should forget, but we have to learn from our mistales. Period.

yes we dropped the ball...But the point is we are dropping it on 3rd down, we get in way too many 3rd downs period...We need chunk yardage plays, we need to tire defenses out and then we can run it down there throat...Y is this so hard to understand??? Gruden was about to have a stroke and was biting his tongue all night because of our inept coaching...We have a very talented team and I think the D is played good considering they were on the field for 40 mins and only gave up 19 points...We never make adjustments and have the exact same gameplan regardless of who we play it's maddening...How many games r we gonna put our self behind before we make adjustments?? This is the NFL, not the IHSAA!

I knew there would be many moronic comments of how the offense is just fine and the dropped passes were the reason...How about going uptemp putting the d on there heels and getting them tired and then enforce our will running the ball...Instead lets run when they are fresh and know we are gonna run and continue to get in 3rd downs all game and have 3 and out after 3 and out...It's almost like our gameplan is to keep the opposing defense fresh, tire our defense out and then hope Luck can save us in the end...We ran out of time last night..We should be 6-0 period and we could be blowing teams out, but we play not lose it's horrible!!

Did you say moronic comments or yet another moronic Pep bashing thread?  :rawr:  :groan:  :puke:

I personally think this should be merged....there is a poll thread and a fire Pep thread already.  

You cannot move the freaking ball if you do not have the freaking ball and you drop critical long gain/ possible TD catches.

I think Pep needs to manage his talent a bit better.  (Mr. Obvious huh?)  We should be using Luck to build a two score lead early and then the running game to run out the clock on the opponent.  His mentality is all wrong, and if he doesn't improve, he needs to be shown the door.

Thank you!!! And some how there are people on here who refuse to understand this and act like I'm crazy for saying it....I wonder what our record would be if John Gruden was the HC and we had a real NFL OC??? I'm guessing 6-0 and we would be blowing teams out the way Denver has been doing because the talent is there, but it is utilized in the most inefficient mind boggling way possible..Like they are trying to lose...Sure the power game is good for the playoffs and cold weather, but guess what?? We were playing in SD and it's week six and we don't have the o-line to enforce our will like that yet...

yes we dropped the ball...But the point is we are dropping it on 3rd down, we get in way too many 3rd downs period...We need chunk yardage plays, we need to tire defenses out and then we can run it down there throat...Y is this so hard to understand??? Gruden was about to have a stroke and was biting his tongue all night because of our inept coaching...We have a very talented team and I think the D is played good considering they were on the field for 40 mins and only gave up 19 points...We never make adjustments and have the exact same gameplan regardless of who we play it's maddening...How many games r we gonna put our self behind before we make adjustments?? This is the NFL, not the IHSAA!

Until last night we dominated in the 4th quarter of nearly every game.....plenty of adjustments have been made this season.

Sheppard and Harvey were our inside backers for the majority of the second half.  Walden sat out quite a bit with an injury.  He was questionable before the game...our secondary could not make a play.

THUS....the offense could not get on the field...when they did 2-10 on 3rd downs and a huge penalty. Drops drops and more drops.  Enough said.

Until last night we dominated in the 4th quarter of nearly every game.....plenty of adjustments have been made this season.

Sheppard and Harvey were our inside backers for the majority of the second half.  Walden sat out quite a bit with an injury.  He was questionable before the game...our secondary could not make a play.

THUS....the offense could not get on the field...when they did 2-10 on 3rd downs and a huge penalty. Drops drops and more drops.  Enough said.

The point BrentMC is it doesn't even need to come down to Luck saving us in the 4th...We are doing it backwards ...Tire the D, take advantage of having Luck, and then run it down their throats in the 4th to end the game instead of waiting till the 4th and then running no huddle uptempo to save us in the end...We are just letting inferior teams hang around when it's not necessary..

Pep can't make guys catch the ball, Fleener catches that ball down the middle last night and SD game could have been different

Haven't read the entire thread yet, but why is Fleener the only one you call out for his drop and not Richardson, Hilton, Wayne or DHB?  If anything, Fleener's drop was the least costly.  The odds of scoring a TD in that situation was pretty slim.  Objective #1 was to get into field goal range and they were able to do that, and convert the field goal.  Wayne, Hilton and Richardson all had more critical drops, imo, on 3rd downs that could have extended drives and given our defense a much needed rest.

Haven't read the entire thread yet, but why is Fleener the only one you call out for his drop and not Richardson, Hilton, Wayne or DHB?  If anything, Fleener's drop was the least costly.  The odds of scoring a TD in that situation was pretty slim.  Objective #1 was to get into field goal range and they were able to do that, and convert the field goal.  Wayne, Hilton and Richardson all had more critical drops, imo, on 3rd downs that could have extended drives and given our defense a much needed rest.

The problem is we keep getting in these 3rd down situations were drops are even more costly...It's like the goal is to get Luck as few possessions as possible and put him in as many 3rd and longs as we can...

The point BrentMC is it doesn't even need to come down to Luck saving us in the 4th...We are doing it backwards ...Tire the D, take advantage of having Luck, and then run it down their throats in the 4th to end the game instead of waiting till the 4th and then running no huddle uptempo to save us in the end...We are just letting inferior teams hang around when it's not necessary..

We did try and jump on them early with a little flea flicker....then got down to the red-zone and failed....in what would be the first of 9 more failed 3rd down conversions.  Players let us down in this one.  The body language throughout was mind boggling to me.  Reggie looked like he was in la la land on offense...Butler and Davis looked like they could care less....Toler played like Cassius Vaughn last year....AWFUL.. 

Oakland and Miami were two we should have dominated I thought.  I have been on here more than anyone saying I want this team to be one who wins 37-0 instead of the old Colts 40-37 games that left me near calling 911.... :)

Ya aint preachin to the choir!  I hate all of the 4t QTR comebacks....  This game was NOT in any way shape or form Peps fault....where is the Manusky thread?

The only moronic post is this one.

Luck passed for 220 yards.

The Colts ran 48 plays, 30 were passes.

It's not Hamiltons fault passes were dropped, it's not Hamiltons fault the defense couldn't make stops,

watch the game please before you comment.

You should have started a "Jim Irsay is the worst owner in the NFL..." thread, because the coaching staff is attempting to execute what the head honcho wants. HE wants them to pound the ball all of the time. Pep is just doing what he can with the peronnel he's got, which all starts with a terrible O-line that doesn't open holes for the running backs and still has Luck running for his life. And I'd be willing to bet that Pep is being forced to play Satele because Grigson is too proud to admit that he made a mistake with him.

Pep also can't step on the field to execute plays and catch critical 3rd down passes which sustain drives, which tires out thier defense, etc...

You should have started a "Jim Irsay is the worst owner in the NFL..." thread, because the coaching staff is attempting to execute what the head honcho wants. HE wants them to pound the ball all of the time. Pep is just doing what he can with the peronnel he's got, which all starts with a terrible O-line that doesn't open holes for the running backs and still has Luck running for his life. And I'd be willing to bet that Pep is being forced to play Satele because Grigson is too proud to admit that he made a mistake with him.

Pep also can't step on the field to execute plays and catch critical 3rd down passes which sustain drives, which tires out thier defense, etc...

Why are we running that kind of offense with a terrible line?? If we had the behemoths San Diego has I can see it working...Everytime we run uptempo we move right down the field and we run much more effectively too...The art of coaching is playing to your teams strengths not their weaknesses we are not built to be a power running team yet, and when we are I'll be fine with it...

I hope he does..He almost seems to want to keep games close instead of blowing them open as we can do if given the chance, and then you can power run, although I don't think we have the line to power run yet..We need to play to our strengths which is Luck throwing and this will in turn open big running holes...The NFL is a pass first league, you throw to open up the run not the opposite especially if Luck is your QB...If we had Hardwick and Fluker on the O-line like SD then maybe we could enforce our will and run even when they know it's coming..I am impressed with SD's line, they have 2 of the most massive tackles I have ever saw and gave Rivers all day to throw, and opened big holes all night, we need that and then maybe Pep's antiquated offense would work better...

Yeah Pep was obviously really concerned about keeping the games close against the Jags and 49ers. 

Could be 6-0, but we're not. It was a brutal game to watch, give credit to Chargers. Some drops, not going for it on 4th down, probably stupid and Pat didn't have a great game. Gotta score more than 9, that's for sure. 

I knew it was over when he punted instead of trying to get 2 yds..Lets give them the ball on the 50 with a gassed defense where they need 1 1st down to get in fg range and ice the game, I like our chances of getting 2 yards much better...Pagano seems like a lost puppy managing a game...Love him as a person and leader , but not sure he will ever be a good gameday coach...

The thread started with a moronic comment, so why wouldn't the trend continue? ;)   Was the gameplan to keep the opposing defense fresh in the 49ers game?  The Jags game?  The Seattle game?  Not that I recall.  Maybe Pep just decided it would be best to go ahead and lose a game so the Colts can go back under the radar for a little while longer.  Yeah that must've been it.

Yeah Pep was obviously really concerned about keeping the games close against the Jags and 49ers. 

Jags doesn't count!!! Quit implying they do, and we started slow as hell that game too, good thing Blackmon was still suspended or it might have been worse than 3-0 deficit after the 1st...

Pep is in over his head as an nfl oc. I didn't like the hire in the first place because for one many said the hc Shaw called the plays at Stanford and Pep was oc by title alone. Regardless if that was the case or not Pep's offense with the Colts does not match the skill set he inherited. He has turned Luck into an average looking qb with numbers to prove it. This slow Stanford tight formation sets are painful to watch at times and lacks imagination in the nfl. If Pep had the personnel to run this experiment on a consistant basis that would be a different story. As the season progresses and the scheduled gets harder Pep and Chuck  will be exposed for being stubborn to a fault with the grind it out forced power run game. Put the ball in Luck's hands because he proved last year he could win ball games playing at a high level. I remind you Luck's numbers were better than Peyton's in his rookie season and he WON 11 games WITHOUT Chuck or Pep being onboard so to me they're the ones with something to prove. I'm not so sure Pep is capable of running a complex offense at the nfl level. This is starting to remind me of the Manning years not the gaudy numbers but a team winning despite the coaching staff.

The thread started with a moronic comment, so why wouldn't the trend continue? ;)   Was the gameplan to keep the opposing defense fresh in the 49ers game?  The Jags game?  The Seattle game?  Not that I recall.  Maybe Pep just decided it would be best to go ahead and lose a game so the Colts can go back under the radar for a little while longer.  Yeah that must've been it.

49ers game is what everybody goes to, it was 1 game without Vernon Davis and it was close till the 4th!!! Just because it worked against a depleted 49ers team doesn't mean it is gonna work against everyone else....Our coaches have the exact same gameplan against everyone...Great coaches gameplan for their specific opponents...I give up it's hopeless....

The problem is we keep getting in these 3rd down situations were drops are even more costly...It's like the goal is to get Luck as few possessions as possible and put him in as many 3rd and longs as we can...

Yes I'm sure that's exactly what Pep's plan is.  The pass to run ratio was nearly 2-1 so the Colts WERE putting the ball in Luck's hands.  His accuracy in this game was spotty at times and the drops also killed.  The running game was actually working well and if anything I would say they didn't run the ball enough.  

Pep is too conservative, were still running on almost every first down and using 1 WR formations after 6 games when every team knows were gonna run. Were not the Stanford Cardinals the o-line isn't good, Luck needs to pass the ball first to set up the run. We should come out in 3 WR sets and just let Luck observe the field and call his own plays.

Yes I'm sure that's exactly what Pep's plan is.  The pass to run ratio was nearly 2-1 so the Colts WERE putting the ball in Luck's hands.  His accuracy in this game was spotty at times and the drops also killed.  The running game was actually working well and if anything I would say they didn't run the ball enough.  

ratio is never good way to look at it, many of those throws were in the last part of the game because we were behind...I want to run..If we run a less predictable offense we can still be very balanced, but the fb, and 6men line formations are a joke unless it's goal-line or 3rd and 1 and even then I think it just lets the defense stack the box...I'm not against running at all, I'm just against running straight into a stacked box with 1 wr on 1st and 10...You understand??

That's about as impressive as waking up in the morning. Thank god our division sucks.

Funny you say that. Cause while we steamrolled the Jags, Denver struggled. I don't know why some of you make it seem like the Jags are a high school team in the NFL. It's been documented that they can & have beaten us and they always play is tough (except this season obviously)

I remember the year we drafted Edge, the big question was why didn't you draft Ricky Williams?

Polian basically said that If we had Williams we would have to build the offense around his skills and with

Edge they could build around Peyton's skills. I am starting to think Pep might be faced with a similar situation.

The only problem is, from what I have seen, Richardson is no Edge, and he is no Ricky Williams ( the motivated not high Ricky Williams that is)

I hope pep can figure out how to maximize Luck's skills and not insist on being the grind it out ground game that A) Richardson and the Line may not be able to make happen and B) handcuffs  Luck.