Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pep Hamilton is the worst Offensive Coordinator in the NFL...

jshipp23

I dont know much about Pep but it sounds like what Dungy was to Manning. I always wondered what an aggressive coach like Belichick would have done to Manning.

It would have been scary!! I'm guessing 3 Lombardi trophies minimum...I would think Irsay would realize this?? It's like it's happening all over again, at least with Dungy we had Tom Moore as the OC...Pep Hamilton as OC is even worse than Jim Caldwell as head coach..

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I don't get it.  When we beat SF and Seattle, so much was being said about how Pagano's vision of how the team should work was being applauded.  So we get dominated by a good offensive team in SD, and Pep is horrible?   Maybe I am in the minority, but going to the playoffs and losing in the first round 7 times is not acceptable.  We have to run better and stop the run better.   The only way we are going to do that is to commit to it.  Secondly, Richardson only ran the ball 10 times last night.   So it wasn't like we ran 75% of the time.  The defense lost the game.  Chucking the ball on every play wins a lot of regular season games.  But how does that work in the playoffs?  Well, by our own history, not that well.    I would rather lost to SD in October than SD in January.

We better change our offense or the playoffs isn't guaranteed...We have a 13-3 team talent wise, but if we keep playing not to lose we could be looking at 8-8 or 9-7 and thats just a fact Jack as much as I hate it...

We better change our offense or the playoffs isn't guaranteed...We have a 13-3 team talent wise, but if we keep playing not to lose we could be looking at 8-8 or 9-7 and thats just a fact Jack as much as I hate it...

You keep using this word..."fact"

I%2Bdo%2Bnot%2Bthink%2Bit%2Bmeans%2Bwhat

The run game was not the problem - 17 rushes for 74 yards or 4.4 per carry (4.2 if you don't include Luck).

There were times when I looked at the Chargers' D and thought Luck should have checked to a run rather than pass, but it is what it is.

Dropped passes were a killer.

Toler's penalties kept some of the Chargers' drives alive.

Freeman leaving in the second half really hurt.

Mathis was being mugged on the TD pass, IMO.

The looks on the players' faces said it all. They just weren't focused.

Normally, only giving up 19 points will win you the game when you have a good offense, but that offense has to execute.

Overall, I thought the right plays were called in the right situations. They were just poorly executed.

But we threw most of the time last night.  So what was wrong with the play calling?  I admit I don't often get the formations.  It would seem to me that spreading the defense out more and then giving it to Richardson or Brown would make more since then bringing in Reitz and telegraphing what we are doing.  But I loved how we started the game with the flee flicker.

Honestly, I just think it was a bad game all around.  IF the passes were caught it was a different score.  DHB might have scored on his drop.  Fleener probably would have scored on his drop.   That's a huge swing.

How would the game have looked last week against Seattle of Hilton would have dropped his two TD passes?

Defensively, we had no pass rush. But that didn't surprise me.  Other than Mathis, we have none.

I guess I don't get it. When we beat SF and Seattle, so much was being said about how Pagano's vision of how the team should work was being applauded. So we get dominated by a good offensive team in SD, and Pep is horrible? Maybe I am in the minority, but going to the playoffs and losing in the first round 7 times is not acceptable. We have to run better and stop the run better. The only way we are going to do that is to commit to it. Secondly, Richardson only ran the ball 10 times last night. So it wasn't like we ran 75% of the time. The defense lost the game. Chucking the ball on every play wins a lot of regular season games. But how does that work in the playoffs? Well, by our own history, not that well. I would rather lost to SD in October than SD in January.

The logic here is too good for this thread as a whole...

We are here to win superbowls not show off our all pro QB that still has growing to do.

Explain to me when was the last time a pass happy team won a super bowl

We sit and watch the Patriots torch people through the air, but when's the last time Brady won a super bowl?

We watched Peyton Manning and Denver torch through the air last year, and where we they in February?

I'm just curious cause I forgot what being pass happy lands you in the playoffs. Maybe you or another forum member can tell me. It's crazy cause I'm only 19 but my memory can't seem to remember where being pass happy lands you

The run game was not the problem - 17 rushes for 74 yards or 4.4 per carry (4.2 if you don't include Luck).

There were times when I looked at the Chargers' D and thought Luck should have checked to a run rather than pass, but it is what it is.

Dropped passes were a killer.

Toler's penalties kept some of the Chargers' drives alive.

Freeman leaving in the second half really hurt.

Mathis was being mugged on the TD pass, IMO.

The looks on the players' faces said it all. They just weren't focused.

Normally, only giving up 19 points will win you the game when you have a good offense, but that offense has to execute.

Overall, I thought the right plays were called in the right situations. They were just poorly executed.

You seem to be able to use logic and football knowledge to give an impartial explanation of what led to the colts defeat.  You may not like it here.  Welcome to the forum :)

When we beat Sea and SF people praised Pep. Now we lose to SD and some people want him fired.

I really don't have a problem with Hamiltons offense. The problem is we are not built for it, example like KC.

We don't have the OL to play smash mouth football. We are really missing Dwayne Allen in this offense. We don't have a shut down Def which is something you really need with this offense.

We are a much better team if we run our offense at least this season behind Lucks arm to open up the running game.

We have made a lot of changes as we all know through FA especially on the OL and Def. But it is a work in progress .

I'm somewhat torn here, because last night the play calling wasn't great, but it wasn't worse than the drops at crucial moments. 

I'm not in love with the nomenclature of this offense right now, but it has provided the clock control it took to get two tough playoff style wins.

I will say that when the offense got the ball back with 1:40 going into halftime I said out loud, "Oh look, now Pep will let the offense play" and they were more potent. I think it's that perception that's causing this (somewhat justified, but not totally) backlash. 

It's not like Pep is going anywhere anytime soon, so let's roll with it. 

Trap game, flying to west coast, away game, Pagano's brother probably knew our system well, etc...whatever you want to call it, we just didn't win.  Our defense didn't play good but somehow kept them in check well enough for our offense to win.  Our offense didn't execute.  We had chances to win and didn't.  We had a chance at the end of the game but punted.  Luck works his magic at the end of games and we didn't let him.

Did you say moronic comments or yet another moronic Pep bashing thread?  :rawr:  :groan:  :puke:

I personally think this should be merged....there is a poll thread and a fire Pep thread already.  

You cannot move the freaking ball if you do not have the freaking ball and you drop critical long gain/ possible TD catches.

Criticizing the game plan and play calling is very different than calling for Pep to be fired. That said, if you don't change the first, then maybe the second will become necessary. The NFL is too competitive across the league not to play toward your strengths (Andrew Luck has a good number of those). We know where our weaknesses are. We just can't ignore them anymore.

We have been winning despite our coaching, but much like the Dolphins game the pathetic play calling put us behind and never let us get rythym..We played uptempo to start and finish the game and that was our only success...Like Jon Gruden said, he doesn't understand why we don't let Luck sling it more, we have way to many 3 and outs because of our predictability....I don't see the offense evolving at all it reminds me of a high school offense...We are way to easy to figure out, if we throw more and run no huddle it will open up the run game and everything else, we have a great young QB who's skills aren't being utilized because of this power running game/body blows nonsense!! If we had a real OC we would be 6-0 right now it it kills me that are coaches can't seem to make adjustments or gameplan to win instead of game planning not to lose...The decision to punt on 4th and 2 was a joke as well as the defense couldn't get off the field all night so lets give them the ball on the 50 where 1 play puts them in field goal range , the whole thing was pathetic....I know there were many drops, but a lot of that was do to being cold from sitting on the sidelines and not having any rythym all game, and Trich did good he was carrying  2 or 3 guys and getting hit behind the line  all night, if we pass more and put the defense on their heels the holes would open up..That is all...

Pep doesn't block for Luck.

Or drop his passes..

You keep using this word..."fact"

I%2Bdo%2Bnot%2Bthink%2Bit%2Bmeans%2Bwhat

Possibly my favorite post of all time.  First, thank you for pointing out that he has no concept of what is fact and what is opinion.  And secondly for using anything Princess Bride related.  Absolutely classic.

Possibly my favorite post of all time.  First, thank you for pointing out that he has no concept of what is fact and what is opinion.  And secondly for using anything Princess Bride related.  Absolutely classic.

Have no idea what the princess bride is, but some how I'm not surprised you guys do..It's very fitting, I know neither of you have ever played the game or had your hand in the dirt ever Condoleeza...