Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

chapman and hughes

CR91

We're only 5 games in to the guy's first season in the NFL. He was a 5th round pick. If they're still keeping him around then obviously they DO have plans for him. If they didn't think he could turn into anything then I'm sure they wouldn't waste a roster spot on him. Look at Kerwynn Williams. They apparently didn't see anything positive in him or didn't feel that he would fit into their plans so they released him so as not to waste a spot on the practice squad. They definitely wouldn't waste a roster spot on the 53 man roster if they didn't think he had potential. Some players (ie. mid to late round picks) generally need some time to be developed before they make a contribution on the field.

Yeah something must be up with Williams. Either he's not progressing, off field issues or something. Don't see the hurt keeping him on the ps. On Hughes he is more potential and upside. While he hasn't been playing he does look like he's buying in and being a good teammate. Saw him on the sidelines slapping guys helmets, high fives and whatnot.

Is Hughes considered a DE or Nose Tackle or what? Im not even sure what role we drafted him for.... Possible future replacement for Redding?

DE from what I understand. From all the raving about his agility, I don't think they are wanting to waste it with him playing NT. Now he can play NT if needed but it looks like DE will be his position.

Is Hughes considered a DE or Nose Tackle or what?  Im not even sure what role we drafted him for.... Possible future replacement for Redding?

He is a DT who has blubbered up to 9 more pounds than Chapman...too fat for DT and not super-strong for NT.

He belongs on the PS...and if anyone claims him it is no great loss.

I wouldn't put too much stock into player weights on NFL.com, espn.com, or colts.com

People that big can easily gain/lose 5 lbs in one day, or after a meal and drink.

I'd say 335 is probably most accurate.

This always cracks me up. The player weights on websites are based on what the scale says. Sure, the weight can fluctuate, so they don't stay accurate, but they were actually accurate at one point. But you're completely throwing that weight out the window and supposing what the actual weight is now, just based on your feeling.

This always cracks me up. The player weights on websites are based on what the scale says. Sure, the weight can fluctuate, so they don't stay accurate, but they were actually accurate at one point. But you're completely throwing that weight out the window and supposing what the actual weight is now, just based on your feeling.

Wrong. Websites can post whatever they want; it doesn't necessarily mean those are teams' measurements of players. Oftentimes, they can be players' own listings of their own weights.

e.g. Vince Wilfork has been listed at 325 for years now, don't think anyone believes that.

not trying to single you out but I dont get it.  See posts more often than you think that say "I didnt see the game", "I just look at the stats", "didnt have a chance to watch it", "Ive only been able to see two games...".   I had my son's bday party and another kid's bday party one week this year and still watched the game on my phone using my father-in-laws directv login... just seems weird to me that someone can be obsessed with the colts to the point of getting on their fan forum almost everyday but then miss most of the games...

I don't mean to be rude, but some of us work on weekends or have other obligations that simply take precedence over football.  I miss Colts games regularly, but I've been a dyed in the wool fan since I was a boy.  Missing games has nothing to do with how much you like the Colts, and everything to do with real life getting in the way sometimes.  Planning a birthday party around a Colts game once a year is a lot easier than trying to convince my boss that I can't work Sunday's anymore because I have to watch football.

I looked 220 in the mirror, but the scale said 230.....those pesky scales :)  By the way, these socks are not from the RG3 collection!!!

feet-bathroom-scales-weight-16696081.jpg

I don't mean to be rude, but some of us work on weekends or have other obligations that simply take precedence over football.  I miss Colts games regularly, but I've been a dyed in the wool fan since I was a boy.  Missing games has nothing to do with how much you like the Colts, and everything to do with real life getting in the way sometimes.  Planning a birthday party around a Colts game once a year is a lot easier than trying to convince my boss that I can't work Sunday's anymore because I have to watch football.

Ok... i hear ya but if i had to work on Sunday I would DVR the game, avoid all text messages and phone calls from friends that may contain spoilers, and watch the game after work when I had the chance.

No matter what the circumstances, I will find a way to watch every Colts game.  I challenge you to present me with a situation where I could not watch the game.  There isnt one.  Where there's a will, there's a way.  

I surprised Hughes has not played or been active considering they gave up a pick in this coming years draft to move up in to the 5th round to get him and this guy is huge he was 330lb when he was drafted listed as 6ft 4in and now he's listed as 349lbs so why are they not using him but I bet he will get playing time if Franklin or chapman get hurt.

Hughes has had weight problems in the past...maybe that is the problem now...

He probably just waddles around the practice field getting winded without doing much.

Hughes has had weight problems in the past...maybe that is the problem now...

He probably just waddles around the practice field getting winded without doing much.

That makes perfect sense because that sounds exactly like the type of player grigs and pagan would want on the roster.

BTW you got a source on Hughes previous weight problems? Or are YOU the source?

That makes perfect sense because that sounds exactly like the type of player grigs and pagan would want on the roster.

BTW you got a source on Hughes previous weight problems? Or are YOU the source?

Hey! Look who it is!  It's Jason, the guy who has an opposing opinion on EVERYONE else's posts.

Hey buddy, why don't you go do some research and you can figure out what those facts are for yourself, before putting up another one of your knee-jerk reaction posts...which are now up over 4000...got not much of a life eh buddy.

Hmm well so far I have checked 5 notifications expecting to se some contructive talk about the topic and so far they all revolve around taking shots at one another, Its it really that difficult to not to take shots at one another and stay on topic?

He is a DT who has blubbered up to 9 more pounds than Chapman...too fat for DT and not super-strong for NT.

He belongs on the PS...and if anyone claims him it is no great loss.

he is a nt and I bet he could play he just needs game experience and he wont get that as long as they have him inactive all the time.

he is a nt and I bet he could play he just needs game experience and he wont get that as long as they have him inactive all the time.

Exactly, who's he going to unseat to get playing time Redding, RJF, Moala? People crack me up. He is a project, hopefully one that pays off. But to talk smack about him this early is just flat out dumb.