Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts make PS changes

MTC

Do you think they'll both make and stay on the active roster next year?

Williams is probably gone...they wanted a strong return man but Kerwynn's skills don't translate to the NFL very well.

Rogers is very talented but he is probably a long shot to stay out of trouble while he learns the O and develops his skills for the NFL game...but he could do it...it's up to him.

Williams is probably gone...they wanted a strong return man but Kerwynn's skills don't translate to the NFL very well.

Rogers is very talented but he is probably a long shot to stay out of trouble while he learns the O and develops his skills for the NFL game...but he could do it...it's up to him.

Do you think that Williams will take Donald Brown's spot/role? Would you give Rogers a roster spot or leave him on the ps another year?

Do you think they'll both make and stay on the active roster next year?

I think Rogers makes next year's team for sure (if he doesn't screw-up or get nabbed off our PS by another team before season ends).

I think K-Will is a long-shot.  I am actually quite interested to see what will happen when Ballard comes back.  It seems like TRich, Bradshaw, and Ballard are all similar type of runners (kind of smash-mouth, up-the-gut types).  Out of those 3, I'd say Ballard is definitely the 3rd string.  I really like the idea of having 2 smash-mouth runners and 1 break-away guy.... Unless Donnie Brown takes a huge pay-cut, I can't see him sticking around Indy (though I really like him as a Colt) --  I think where K-Will has a shot to make this team is if #1 we don't resign Brown, #2 we don't resign Bradshaw, or #3 we re-sign Bradshaw and trade Ballard for a mid/late round pick.

I just don't see the real need to keep 3 RBs that all have very similar running styles, and think 2 of them with one speedy, breakaway threat would be sufficient (unless we keep 4 RBs, it would be nice to have TRich, Bradshaw, Ballard, and a speedster).  K-Will has not impressed me much with his return game, or his breakaway speed yet, but if he can continue improving and learning the game speed on our PS, I think he has a very outside shot of making next year's team.