Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Too all the peeps complaining about Grigson and the Richardson move

Nesjan3

I don't know exactly how Nostrils comment was meant, but I would not read it as diplomatically as you .  Especially when taken with his comment immediately proceeding the one in question.

That is how I read it too, but maybe there was something said in a prior post that I didn't see. 

Either way, if he meant it the way I understood it then he knows how I feel about it , and if not then he knows that I misunderstood him. 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a question, do any of you think the Eagles would give up McCoy for a 1? You dont trade a "Beast" for only 1 draft pick.

They should've called tge Titans or Bills if tgey were going to part with a 1. Spiller and CJ are beast.

Actually it was the Browns that contacted the Colts, not the other way around.  And yes, the new FO in Cleveland is trying to rid itself of everything from the previous regime.

IMO the Browns trading Richardson is not a whole lot different than Grigs first move as GM not re-signing Manning.  Heck, at least the Browns got a draft pick for their "beast"... all the Colts got for their "beast" was a "thanks for the time in Indy" and an AFC competitor that is favored to win the SB.

I understand that many seem to identify personally with Grigson and Pagano so they have more than the usual stake into the team but I'm still not on board with this move. It's not going to help win now. Running backs were not the reason the Colts lost the last game despite the rhetoric around here. Still going to lose to SF. Play calling is still going to be crap. For long stretches they seem to not be able to get into the right plays. Can't depend on Luck to be lucky winning so many close games. Just like last week, the law of averages is bound to show up. The defense can't get off the field.

I don't believe in Grigson, I think he's a good ole boy hire that's going to fall on his face. FYI, mediocre to me is being an average team with no shot to win the Superbowl. That's like most of the teams in the league. Luck is going to take a few years before he becomes elite, if he becomes elite. I'd love to be proven wrong but I'm not seeing it. Luck better throw to Reggie Wayne. He needs to be well fed. In the end, the results are going to be seen on the field. 

I understand that many seem to identify personally with Grigson and Pagano so they have more than the usual stake into the team but I'm still not on board with this move. It's not going to help win now. Running backs were not the reason the Colts lost the last game despite the rhetoric around here. Still going to lose to SF. Play calling is still going to be crap. For long stretches they seem to not be able to get into the right plays. Can't depend on Luck to be lucky winning so many close games. Just like last week, the law of averages is bound to show up. The defense can't get off the field.

I don't believe in Grigson, I think he's a good ole boy hire that's going to fall on his face. FYI, mediocre to me is being an average team with no shot to win the Superbowl. That's like most of the teams in the league. Luck is going to take a few years before he becomes elite, if he becomes elite. I'd love to be proven wrong but I'm not seeing it. Luck better throw to Reggie Wayne. He needs to be well fed. In the end, the results are going to be seen on the field. 

I agree with some of what you say, such as a running back not going to help us win now and running backs were certainly not the reason why we lost to Miami, I also agree that there are times players cant seem to get into the right plays. As youy say...the law of averages catches up wth you as well . I also believe Luck will take a few years before he becomes elite if he does. I dont agree that our play calling is crap (unless your talking about defensively). We have had quite a few shots taken down field, We are top 5 right now in passes connecting down field, Luck simply has to play better and get rid of the ball more consistently instead of haning onto it , Part of that problem is he locks onto Reggie TO MUCH....thats right....to much, he has to see his other receivers better, Luck took a sack near the end of the Miami game with Hilton wide open over the middle down deep in Miami territory

Also for comparison....Under Arians we averaged 362.4 yards per game of total offense....Under Pep......361.0 yards......defensively through the air we have been crap, we are giving up 8.5 yards a catch.....8.5 .......Also thanks to Manusky getting the bright idea to play our physical corners 10 yards off wr's on several occassions  we are allowing 66.7 completion percentage

i know you dont want to hear this but he his a 3.5 yard back see below the stacking the box argument is not correct.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/05/08/facing-eight-in-the-box/

Actually they just put an article saying that it is correct:

One of Richardson’s biggest problems has been facing eight defensive players in the box too often. By defining players in the box as all defensive linemen, linebackers and safeties within eight yards of the line of scrimmage, Richardson faced eight or more men on the box on 52.6 percent of his carries. On those carries, he averaged just 3.2 yards per carry. When it was seven or fewer in the box, that was up to 3.9 yards per carry. With Andrew Luck at quarterback, teams can’t put eight in the box to stop Richardson as often as they used to.

In Indianapolis, the Colts have used 11 personnel (aka three receiver sets) on 46.2 percent of their offensive plays. This should only go up with Dwayne Allen landing on injured reserve. Teams typically respond to three receiver sets with a nickel defense (only six men in the box). Richardson has had 42 carries in those situations, and has averaged 4.8 yards per carry.

https://www.profootb...d-to-the-colts/

Let me be the first to extend an olive branch to those who have opposing views to my own.

I vow to not continue to post my opinion about the trade for Trent. I have more than defined my opinion on this subject and I am hoping to see the fans come together as a tight fanbase. If anyone one wants to join me, you are welcomed.

One "Pro Trent" fan moving on.

We have no ides where that pick is going to be...and we have no idea how well Trent will play..

...what we all do know for sure is that we all have said you don't give up a No.1 for a running back...

Its a gamble..I hope it works...

I keep wondering where you come up with "we"?  Just because you and a few more had that forum long ago don't make it everybody. 

1. He should never have been drafted 3rd

2. He's not better than Doug Martin

3. His 40 at pro day was hand timed. There is no way he plays like a guy that tuns a 4.4 40. Shady McCoy ran a 4.5 at the combine. LOL if anyone thinks Trent is faster than Shady.

4. You can get someone that does what he does in later rounds. FACT!

5. Mike McGlynn and Satele are still starting

:facepalm:  :thmdown:  :nono:  :troll:

Actually it was the Browns that contacted the Colts, not the other way around.  And yes, the new FO in Cleveland is trying to rid itself of everything from the previous regime.

IMO the Browns trading Richardson is not a whole lot different than Grigs first move as GM not re-signing Manning.  Heck, at least the Browns got a draft pick for their "beast"... all the Colts got for their "beast" was a "thanks for the time in Indy" and an AFC competitor that is favored to win the SB.

Maybe do a little research. Manning was under contract and did not need resigning. He was cut. 

Actually it was the Browns that contacted the Colts, not the other way around. And yes, the new FO in Cleveland is trying to rid itself of everything from the previous regime.

IMO the Browns trading Richardson is not a whole lot different than Grigs first move as GM not re-signing Manning. Heck, at least the Browns got a draft pick for their "beast"... all the Colts got for their "beast" was a "thanks for the time in Indy" and an AFC competitor that is favored to win the SB.

heard on the radio yesterday both from the browns front office and Bob Lamey doing a rare interview Grigson called the browns first.

Those two situations have very little in common

Those two situations have very little in common

Really?

Two new GMS

Two new HCs

New staffs

Both GMs trying to quickly undo what the previous admin did.

Both coming off very poor season.

The beast to be gotten rid of was coming off an injury riddled season.

Both did (or will) take a cap hit for the decision.

The two situations have quite a bit in common.

About the only differences are the age of the player and the position.  Well that and Grigson did it with a guaranteed 1st ballot Hall of Famer and the Browns did it with a guy that has a lot of potential.

Really?

Two new GMS

Two new HCs

New staffs

Both GMs trying to quickly undo what the previous admin did.

Both coming off very poor season.

The beast to be gotten rid of was coming off an injury riddled season.

Both did (or will) take a cap hit for the decision.

The two situations have quite a bit in common.

About the only differences are the age of the player and the position.  Well that and Grigson did it with a guaranteed 1st ballot Hall of Famer and the Browns did it with a guy that has a lot of potential.

I think you are fully aware of differences in why each "beast" was let go....but it sounds like you were/are unhappy with letting Manning go and I have no desire to go over rehash a story that has been told a thousand times.

We gave up a 1st round pick that's most likely going to be at the lowest 14 up to 24 or maybe higher in the draft, for a the 3rd round pick last 2 years ago, we now have the 1st and 3rd round picks of the 2011 draft, and by the way Richardson is a beast so for every one crying please go cry somewhere else

Browns fan here checking in to see what Colts fans are thinking at this juncture of this block buster trade, I hope you all understand I hope you have a ruff year, not because I dislike the Colts but for my own selfish reason.

Let me tell you about the TR I know as a Browns fan.

Great kid loads of talent, has zero instincts as a running back, and his YPC was 3.6 last season and his YPC thru 2 games this year is 3.4, bellow average on both accounts...

Do your research and any thoughts you have about having a great RB will soon disappear... He was drafted #3 but no sane individual would ever draft a RB at 3 in todays NFL. I was not a fan of TR I saw him as a RB love him as a young man hate him as a RB, he has no feel for the game and he is a dancer which I hate....

The straw that broke his back for me was last week when we played the Ravens we ran at least 3 sweeps with TR and he failed on all 3 runs to see a cut back lane big enough to drive a Semi thru, not only that he doesn't shy away from contact which will shorten his shelf life he will be done year 5 Max of his career. He sure looks tough and quick on the field when you see him going head to head with defenders but that style usually lands on the IR, and it shortens a RB career...

Some Browns fans loved the kid but you don't love the player and not look at performance. I had to laugh one of the posters on here said he had proven himself, my thoughts were he has low standards..

To sum up as crazy as it was to draft TR at #3 its even crazier to trade your #1 for him. Time will be the judge of who made the better deal, for me its a forgone conclusion because I base my opinion on what I saw and he just wasn't getting it done that why he was available that and the fact Indy was willing to vastly overpay......

I wish you Luck with TR I see it as a major reason why your GM will be unemployed in the near future.

BTW I love AL, man that kid is the BEST young QB prospect I think I have ever seen he is simply outstanding I wished we had him.. As dumb a deal as I think the Colts made on TR Luck sure goes a long long ways towards making up for it.. You all will see soon enough watch your blocking and watch for seems for TR to run for then watch what he does...............It will come to you it did me.....

So what do you all think NOW I would love to hear it....

Upbeat

Browns fan here checking in to see what Colts fans are thinking at this juncture of this block buster trade, I hope you all understand I hope you have a ruff year, not because I dislike the Colts but for my own selfish reason.

Great kid loads of talent, has zero instincts as a running back, and his YPC was 3.6 last season and his YPC thru 2 games this year is 3.4, bellow average on both accounts...

Do your research and any thoughts you have about having a great RB will soon disappear... He was drafted #3 but no sane individual would ever draft a RB at 3 in todays NFL. I was not a fan of TR I saw him as a RB love him as a young man hate him as a RB, he has no feel for the game and he is a dancer which I hate....

The straw that broke his back for me was last week when we played the Ravens we ran at least 3 sweeps with TR and he failed on all 3 runs to see a cut back lane big enough to drive a Semi thru, not only that he doesn't shy away from contact which will shorten his shelf life he will be done year 5 Max of his career. He sure looks tough and quick on the field when you see him going head to head with defenders but that style usually lands on the IR, and it shortens a RB career...

Some Browns fans loved the kid but you don't love the player and not look at performance. I had to laugh one of the posters on here said he had proven himself, my thoughts were he has low standards..

To sum up as crazy as it was to draft TR at #3 its even crazier to trade your #1 for him. Time will be the judge of who made the better deal, for me its a forgone conclusion because I base my opinion on what I saw and he just wasn't getting it done that why he was available that and the fact Indy was willing to vastly overpay......

I wish you Luck with TR I see it as a major reason why your GM will be unemployed in the near future.

BTW I love AL, man that kid is the BEST young QB prospect I think I have ever seen he is simply outstanding I wished we had him.. As dumb a deal as I think the Colts made on TR Luck sure goes a long long ways towards making up for it.. You all will see soon enough watch your blocking and watch for seems for TR to run for then watch what he does...............It will come to you it did me.....

Upbeat

hopefully it was just a result of bad coaching on the part of Cleaveland. You guys don't have a good reputation for developing talent.

Not saying you didn't hear what you say your heard, it's just here is my source for my comment.

And that also makes sense, because during the press conference, Pagano slipped up and said the phone rang. He did a good job moving the conversation somewhere else, but for a second, he had that 'oh crap' look on his face. :)

I don't blame you. I was ticked to off to the point I couldn't speak for two days when we traded Marshall Faulk to the Rams.

Upbeat

My God; son this is going to hurt you more than I originally thought. Right now you are in denial. Browns fans deserve better than this new regime.

Trent Richardson will be a 1500+ yard back in Indy. We are built to run the ball and he is the featured ball carrier. There will be a lot of highlights that make you turn the TV off. Trust me, I lived it with Faulk in a Rams uniform.

hopefully it was just a result of bad coaching on the part of Cleaveland. You guys don't have a good reputation for developing talent.

Man its a big gamble on your parts. The coaching situation in Cleveland is much better its why TR was let go truth be told. We Norv Turner as an OC and he knows the offensive side of the ball... I would have agreed with that comment in the recent past but not now..

They babied him to get him to the season healthy, that's a fact; in fact his 1st and only pre season action was against you guys...

I keep telling myself perhaps he can kick it to another gear, but he just lacks field vision, instincts that you either have or don't and that in truth you don't coach. I think he struggled with being a RB, but hey he is an above average back coming out of the backfield, but don't leave him in on third down he will get Luck Killed....if he has to pick up the blitz..

Like I said great kid, really bad RB??? It is what it is..

Oh someone made a remark about TR running against 8 and 9 man fronts. he faced 8-9 in the box slightly over 16 percent of the time frank Gore the guy you will face off against this weekend faced 8-9 in the box 42 percent of the time the HIGHEST percentage in the league, the fact is TR faced 8-9 in the box less then you would expect an elite back would.,. That argument ahs been soundly disproven ... Thought you should know, they limit newbee posts on this sight I have links I can provide that will give you guys some very useful info if you like????

Upbeat

Man its a big gamble on your parts. The coaching situation in Cleveland is much better its why TR was let go truth be told. We Norv Turner as an OC and he knows the offensive side of the ball... I would have agreed with that comment in the recent past but not now..

They babied him to get him to the season healthy, that's a fact; in fact his 1st and only pre season action was against you guys...

I keep telling myself perhaps he can kick it to another gear, but he just lacks field vision, instincts that you either have or don't and that in truth you don't coach. I think he struggled with being a RB, but hey he is an above average back coming out of the backfield, but don't leave him in on third down he will get Luck Killed....if he has to pick up the blitz..

Like I said great kid, really bad RB??? It is what it is..

Oh someone made a remark about TR running against 8 and 9 man fronts. he faced 8-9 in the box slightly over 16 percent of the time frank Gore the guy you will face off against this weekend faced 8-9 in the box 42 percent of the time the HIGHEST percentage in the league, the fact is TR faced 8-9 in the box less then you would expect an elite back would.,. That argument ahs been soundly disproven ... Thought you should know, they limit newbee posts on this sight I have links I can provide that will give you guys some very useful info if you like????

Upbeat

Sometimes when a team is not winning, a player is unfairly blamed. We even see this happen on our board too.

Take a step back. Think about the Colts offense, and then imagine what a runner like this will do with Luck as his QB and the weapons around him we have in Indy.

Upbeat

First welcome to the Colts forums, Always glad to hear from an outsiders point of view. Ill start by addressing the actual deal itself, Tradng your 1st round pick when you dont eve know where that 1st round pick will be 2 games into the season is clearly a huge gamble...So you ask yourself......Is Richardson a game changer? Does he add the missing piece to this team to put us over the top? I come up with the same answer to both questions.....No.......BUT I believe he is much better then what you saw in Cleveland and here is why....Lets face it, what media and everyone says is true, Richardson was your only offensive threat, Sure you had Gordon but no other wr's to speak of, plus you had a rookie throwing them the ball. So all teams had to do was load the box with 8-9 guys and since Richardson is no Barry Sanders and is not going to make you miss alot it was going to be easier to contain him, Teams cant load the box with Andrew as much because of our wr threats. Do I think Richardson has missed some holes? Yep sure do, has to trust his blockers to, there was holes he missed but to often teams would just load the box and surround him. Again I dont think Richardson is the second coming of Barry Sanders or as good as AP (He will never be), or even as good as Doug Martin at this stage but he dont have to be, he just has to be efficient enough for teams to respect the run. Would I have done that trade? No chance, We could have addressed our need for another Back in FA, would that Back have had the measurables of Richardson? No but if healthy I would have rolled with Mcgahee to split carries with Bradshaw....I know I know, pick up another rb that has a history of injuries to go with 1 we already have with a history of injuries? Well Rchardson has a history to now, so that dog dont hunt. Regardless Im excited to see what he can do and hoping for the best

EDIT-Weeden is not a rookie, Dont know why I said he was, I knew better

Sometimes when a team is not winning, a player is unfairly blamed. We even see this happen on our board too.

Take a step back. Think about the Colts offense, and then imagine what a runner like this will do with Luck as his QB and the weapons around him we have in Indy.

This may come as a bit of a shock to you those were the only truly great runs he had all YEAR... 3 great runs and he played in 15 games that's what your getting if that makes you happy then so be it, I had much higher expectations but perhaps your more reasonable then me...?????

Enjoy him be happy and support your players, but grade them based on performance and 950 yards in 15 games is not so great, but your happy I wish you the best, and clearly you'll be happy but the bottom line is the results he produces and that was lacking, it really was something tells me your hoping he makes it against what he has already proven which is that he isn't very good.

But lets break this down 950 divided by 15 = 64 yards per game and that makes you happy, OTTA.......................You got your man then.......

He will have good games at times he has talent but you will see he lacks field vision and coaching won't be able to fix that..........................

This may come as a bit of a shock to you those were the only truly great runs he had all YEAR... 3 great runs and he played in 15 games that's what your getting if that makes you happy then so be it, I had much higher expectations but perhaps your more reasonable then me...?????

Enjoy him be happy and support your players, but grade them based on performance and 950 yards in 15 games is not so great, but your happy I wish you the best, and clearly you'll be happy but the bottom line is the results he produces and that was lacking, it really was something tells me your hoping he makes it against what he has already proven which is that he isn't very good.

But lets break this down 950 divided by 15 = 64 yards per game and that makes you happy, OTTA.......................You got your man then.......

He will have good games at times he has talent but you will see he lacks field vision and coaching won't be able to fix that..........................

You are making excuses, and I can understand that to a degree. 

The five stages of grief:

1. Denial and Isolation – We hide from the facts.
  2. Anger - As the masking effects of denial and isolation begin to wear, reality and its pain re-emerge.
  3. Bargaining - If only we had tried harder to understand the reality.
  4. Depression - Sadness and regret that we did not appreciate what we had.
  5. Acceptance - Resisting it only will prolong the natural process of healing.

Where do you think you are right now?

I can tell you from first-hand experience that it took 15 years for me to get to the acceptance, after trading away Faulk, and I didn’t linger around too long in the denial stage, because I knew form the day we drafted Faulk that he was a Hall of Famer. 

With the mindset you are in right now, it may take a few years of Trent Richardson producing huge numbers in Indy for you to move past the denial stage. 

Brother believe me when I say this I don't need an excuse for TR in fact I dubbed him before the trade Three Blind Dawgs Dancing you know his Indian name I will check back with you sometime next week after you get a better look in fact I will  put you on my desk top calendar to remind me to check back mid season and end of season, I can't make you understand how bad I think he is as a player, not as a person but as a player. I promise you will be the one grieving at that point...

He has tons of talent its there for all to see but he is blind on the football field and maybe at best average. Love the trade all you want have thoughts of grandeur all you want in the end you will realize he isn't Faulk and you will be plenty ticked that the GM of your team didn't do his research and bought a name and not a football player that produces.. If your OK with sub standard performances and a flash of greatness from time to time then he is your man but me grieve over TBDD, not ever..................................

Time will be the judge but this deal sets your team back you need O Lineman and guys on the defense far worse then you do a RB that the team who drafted him gave up on. And there is a reason they gave up on him and it goes way beyond whatever fantasy game your playing in your head...

Think about this simple idea why would the team that drafted him give up on him in such a short period of time, why???? If he was as good or nearly as good as you think he will be this deal never happens and no amount of dreaming will change that. One of the great lessons in life is don't think your smarter or somehow better equipped then someone who has already failed at what your about to try, more often then not the results are the same, apply that thought process here and you make better observations and decisions.

I saw enough to know coaching can't fix what's wrong, you on the other hand are about to learn a valuable lesson I hope it serves you well going forward.. There is a reason they put TR on a bus to Indy and you will figure it out soon enough.....

Welll golly gee you sure got me.  Makes the situations even closer, thanks.

It's not a point of 'getting you'. If your going to make off the cuff comments without knowing the facts it's on you. Your so busy trying to be negative on something that is old news and it makes no difference at this point. Most Colt fans have moved on and quit whining about water under the bridge so to say. But there are a few such as yourself that just keep beating a dead horse for no apparent reason except to stir up useless debates-arguments. 

And the explanation is?

I meant the whole WE thing like don't classify us all together.. (going back on a topic oldunclemark posted about WE said WE should never take a rb in rd1, ever..)

as for everything else I just like hassling the people who feel so entitled on this board like we need to take what they say like it's the deepest thing any man or woman has ever said, but like to give people a hard time for their opinions and when they get stumped, will pull the "it's a discussion board...." acting all oblivious like they didn't just rip someone a new one for what they had to say

It's right up there with the "it's a discussion board and everyone has their opinion, and we want to hear them but the second it gets juicy and people REALLY start to disagree and bicker, even if their is nothing disrespectful being said, we are shutting the whole topic down" that the mods do. 

lol it's wrong, and childish I know, but I can't help it BlueShoe!!!

Brother believe me when I say this I don't need an excuse for TR in fact I dubbed him before the trade Three Blind Dawgs Dancing you know his Indian name I will check back with you sometime next week after you get a better look in fact I will  put you on my desk top calendar to remind me to check back mid season and end of season, I can't make you understand how bad I think he is as a player, not as a person but as a player. I promise you will be the one grieving at that point...

If you don't need excuses then why are you making them? Why come here to attempt to validate your own thoughts and ideas? I went back and watched the shortcuts of the Browns game, which shows me every play. He had very few holes to run through and when he did he showed excellent vision and broke several tackles. He caught the ball extremely well out of the backfield, and showed good pass blocking skills too. He even lined up as a wide-out a few times. Richardson was a HUGE part of the Browns offense, and they were asking way too much out of him. There were times when 6-7 Ravens were tackling him at once. 

Stop lying. You won't be back next season. Your team just traded away its best player and you are in denial of that fact. 

He has tons of talent its there for all to see but he is blind on the football field and maybe at best average. Love the trade all you want have thoughts of grandeur all you want in the end you will realize he isn't Faulk and you will be plenty ticked that the GM of your team didn't do his research and bought a name and not a football player that produces.. If your OK with sub standard performances and a flash of greatness from time to time then he is your man but me grieve over TBDD, not ever..................................

He doesn't look blind on the field to me. I just watched every snap of the Ravens game last week, and Richardson did everything he could, with what he had around him. The Browns run blocking is very familiar to me; it looks like our OL from 2009-2011. Can't run block worth crap. The line of scrimmage looks like a wall. I am surprised he could average 3.5 yards a carry with the Browns OL.

There will only (ever) be one Faulk, but Richardson is another Lynch. The hateful comments you are making about the Colts, is called projecting. It is when you are projected things about your own reflection onto someone else. 

Time will be the judge but this deal sets your team back you need O Lineman and guys on the defense far worse then you do a RB that the team who drafted him gave up on. And there is a reason they gave up on him and it goes way beyond whatever fantasy game your playing in your head...

Why do you think we need an offensive lineman so much? We are not having any issues run blocking. We can upgrade to pass block, but you never really do have both anyway. We run block as well as any team in the NFL right now, and that is who we want to be. Richardson is a great addition for us to continue the building process of our smash mouth offensive approach. We are not playing fantasy football here, we are building an offense that breaks our opponents resolve.

Why do we need defensive players right now? We haven't even had enough time to know what we currently have. The season is only 2 weeks in for us. You're seem to be in the mind-set that throwing in the towel after 2 weeks is normal. 

Think about this simple idea why would the team that drafted him give up on him in such a short period of time, why???? If he was as good or nearly as good as you think he will be this deal never happens and no amount of dreaming will change that. One of the great lessons in life is don't think your smarter or somehow better equipped then someone who has already failed at what your about to try, more often then not the results are the same, apply that thought process here and you make better observations and decisions.

Why did the Browns throw in the towel after only 2 games into a season. To me that says a lot about a teams character and that comes from the top. I heard Banner speak on the radio the other day, and although I think he was mostly full of crap, I did catch on to what his vision is. He wants to become a team like the Colts used to be. Why? Because from a monetary stand-point, high powered offenses sell tickets. It worked for Indy.

What you are failing to realize is that our front office does not share in that vision. We are looking to become a team that imposes its will on other teams by out physical-ling them. This is why Richardson is more valuable to us than he is to the Browns. That part of what Banner alluded to, I agree with. It comes down to a Browns management team that want to go in a complete different direction, and never gave what was already in-place a real chance. I am convinced that Lombardi and Banner had this plan from the beginning. 

I saw enough to know coaching can't fix what's wrong, you on the other hand are about to learn a valuable lesson I hope it serves you well going forward.. There is a reason they put TR on a bus to Indy and you will figure it out soon enough.....

Well if you are saying that the coaches can't make Richardson into a Marshall Faulk then you would be correct. They are two different types of runners. Banner and Lombardi are looking to build a fast team that can put points on the board, and they want a Marshall Faulk type of player. It takes a long time to gut a team and rebuild it. The clock is ticking for them to get the job done, and now the heat is on. The better Richardson does in Indy, the hotter it is going to get for Lombardi and Banner too. I fully expect the Browns fans to chase Lombardi and Banner out of Cleveland, with pitch forks, within a few years. 

And please learn how to use the quote feature. I know some of the Browns boards do not have that, but it has only been out for 15 years or so.

I meant the whole WE thing like don't classify us all together.. (going back on a topic oldunclemark posted about WE said WE should never take a rb in rd1, ever..)

as for everything else I just like hassling the people who feel so entitled on this board like we need to take what they say like it's the deepest thing any man or woman has ever said, but like to give people a hard time for their opinions and when they get stumped, will pull the "it's a discussion board...." acting all oblivious like they didn't just rip someone a new one for what they had to say

It's right up there with the "it's a discussion board and everyone has their opinion, and we want to hear them but the second it gets juicy and people REALLY start to disagree and bicker, even if their is nothing disrespectful being said, we are shutting the whole topic down" that the mods do. 

Fair enough. It is hard to make sense of every argument on this board at times and I misunderstood what you meant. It was because the post above the one I quoted, led me in that direction.

Carry on with the arguing. :)

Fair enough. It is hard to make sense of every argument on this board at times and I misunderstood what you meant. It was because the post above the one I quoted, led me in that direction.

Carry on with the arguing. :)

lol I've been rough on here these past two weeks because of the reactions to the games and the trade, and that's not alright.  So i'll mellow out a bit.

and with that said, back to what really matters... GO COLTS!!!!  I can't wait til tomorrow

thanks coach!

emmitt smith ran for 937 yards his rookie year and 11 tds with 3.9 yards a carry. trent ran for 950 yards with 11 tds 3.6 yards a carry. Even at 3.6 yards a carry trent would get us a first down in three tries because 3.6 x 3 =10.8 yards. ballard was averaging 4.8 yards a carry before he got hurt. bradshaw is at 4.1 and brown 4.3. I see no reason why trent shouldn't get atleast 4 yards a carry behind our line. Tomlinson had 1236 yards with 3.6 yards a carry and 10 tds with 8 fumbles his rookie season and that was on 339 carries compared to Richardson's 267 attempts and with him not being 100 percent. I think he will be fine.

Nos-man;

Dont tell anybody but the 'we' deal was just to get you to respond......

I didn't like giving up a No.1 for TRich and I wanted folks to defend the gamble...

Its a debating trick. When you tell someone what they said...or what you claim they said

..and lump them in with the majority (which did indeed say you never draft a RB No.1) which DID say that..

....folks almost have no choice but to engage you and then

.....you get a chance to really debate the deal....a chance you don't get if you don't call 'em out

To me, the whole idea of being on this board is to root for the Colts and to debate issues..

You can root 24-7 but to debate points, you have to get people to seriously engage..which requires you to tell them THEY are wrong

"I KNOW I'm right" and I want to hear why you "KNOW you're right"...you know what I mean..?

If you notice. I never talk about the person I'm talking to....I dont know 'em...and we're all Colts fans (except for a few of the Houston freaks)

. I only counter the argument...again and again....as many times as they will..

And if you don't say anything you don't truly believe, you always have a counter

That's debating.....and the more folks engage..the more I like it

That's why I love this board and post a lot...folks aren't unwilling to debate hard...(with a little prompting)

I don't mind getting a hard time for my opinion because. I like to argue. We all do.