Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lots of hate towards Geno

Colts_Fan12

I don't think he is terrible 1 thing is he don't have a very good offense to play with and he is still a rookie I think with a little work and better supporting cast he could be a good QB so far he beat the Bucs and only lost to the patriots by 3

Here's what Geno has:

The good:

-Good pass protection.

-Decent run game.

-Decent run defense.

The bad:

-Passing D. The Pats game result was mostly self inflicted drops by the Pats.

-The ugly:

-Horrible coaching staff.

-No WR/TE's outside Holmes worth their salt.

Geno himself displayed:

-No pocket awareness.

-Horrible decision making in crunch time. Twice.

-Inability to check down to wide open receivers.

-50/50 on the long ball being well thrown or poorly thrown.

-Terrible time out management + delay of game.

-Holds on to the ball waaaaaaaaaaay too long.

Overall, he looked like another Sanchez. I won't stamp the FAIL on his head after only two games, but he is a bad QB right now. He's RAW, so there is hope/room for improvement in all areas.

Overall, the Jets will continue to be as good or bad as their QB. Right now, they suck.

I agree he is raw but he has a lot goin against him plus he shouldn't have been thrown right into the fire

Geno threw himself into the fire day one on Draft Day, saying, "We're going to make the playoffs." It's time he owns up to his statement and puts in the work. I don't feel sorry for the guy at all. He's an immature rookie who had no clue what he was getting himself into.

I agree he is raw but he has a lot goin against him plus he shouldn't have been thrown right into the fire

Geno threw himself into the fire day one on Draft Day, saying, "We're going to make the playoffs." It's time he owns up to his statement and puts in the work.

Especially with the New York media.  Talk about fire.  They are gonna rip that poor kid to shreds if he starts with his asinine comments again or if his play gets worse.  It's not the New York Jets, its the New York Circus and its in town for a couple of months.

I don't think he is terrible 1 thing is he don't have a very good offense to play with and he is still a rookie I think with a little work and better supporting cast he could be a good QB so far he beat the Bucs and only lost to the patriots by 3

Geno isn't very good CF 12

He's not ready yet....Hes' the poster child for letting QBs sit on the bench a while before they play

Here's what Geno has:

The good:

-Good pass protection.

-Decent run game.

-Decent run defense.

The bad:

-Passing D. The Pats game result was mostly self inflicted drops by the Pats.

-The ugly:

-Horrible coaching staff.

-No WR/TE's outside Holmes worth their salt.

Geno himself displayed:

-No pocket awareness.

-Horrible decision making in crunch time. Twice.

-Inability to check down to wide open receivers.

-50/50 on the long ball being well thrown or poorly thrown.

-Terrible time out management + delay of game.

-Holds on to the ball waaaaaaaaaaay too long.

Overall, he looked like another Sanchez. I won't stamp the FAIL on his head after only two games, but he is a bad QB right now. He's RAW, so there is hope/room for improvement in all areas.

Overall, the Jets will continue to be as good or bad as their QB. Right now, they suck.

I agree with your analysis...and also don't see him as being "the answer" for the Jets any time soon, if ever. If he just displayed one or two of the weaknesses he showed in the Pats game, you might be able to coach him up into a serviceable QB in time, but there are just too many holes in his game to make him a viable NFL starter. There are a half dozen guys holding clipboards on the sidelines with other teams who could play circles around Geno. The Jets will probably just limp along with him until Sanchez is back, then limp along with Sanchez until they can draft a better prospect.

Nah. I disagree. That dude sucks.

He gets no sympathy from me. His actions and reactions throughout the Draft process and the bold as all get out statement of guaranteeing a playoff appearance makes me feel like he asked for the fire. Don't get burned, Geno.

Nah. I disagree. That dude sucks.

It is way too early to tell if Geno will become a good QB. A rookie thrown into the fire on a lousy team is a poor way to make a judgement at this point in his career. Not every QB entering the NFL is a Luck or a RG3. The NFL is scattered with QBs who spent time on the sidelines before becoming starters. It don't help playing for Rex Ryan being he cares for defense over offense. In my opinion Ryan is not head coaching material and should stick to what he knows. 

It is way too early to tell if Geno will become a good QB. A rookie thrown into the fire on a lousy team is a poor way to make a judgement at this point in his career. Not every QB entering the NFL is a Luck or a RG3. The NFL is scattered with QBs who spent time on the sidelines before becoming starters. It don't help playing for Rex Ryan being he cares for defense over offense. In my opinion Ryan is not head coaching material and should stick to what he knows.

Are you telling me Andrew Luck doesn't come around every year? Never would have put that together. I have been watching football for 30 years, but thanks for the quarterback advice anyway.

Bottom line is that dude is not going to make it in the NFL. Sanchez is better than Smith will every be.

Now I have my opinion and you have yours. Difference is, you will learn something from your opinion. Hopefully you learn not to tell people with 30 years experience how things work.

Are you telling me Andrew Luck doesn't come around every year? Never would have put that together. I have been watching football for 30 years, but thanks for the quarterback advice anyway.

Bottom line is that dude is not going to make it in the NFL. Sanchez is better than Smith will every be.

Now I have my opinion and you have yours. Difference is, you will learn something from your opinion. Hopefully you learn not to tell people with 30 years experience how things work.

What does 30 years have to do with anything??  If thats the case I have you beat by quite a few years. I played high school football 44 years ago so maybe you could be taught something. If my comment needs anymore explaining to you it would be a waist of time with your attitude. 

What does 30 years have to do with anything??  If thats the case I have you beat by quite a few years. I played high school football 44 years ago so maybe you could be taught something. If my comment needs anymore explaining to you it would be a waist of time with your attitude. 

Your comment was, "Not every QB entering the NFL is a Luck or a RG3."

I explained to you why that was not needed to be pointed out to me, and you take offense to it?

hmmm.

If you believe that Gino Smith has what it takes to be an NFL QB then you haven't been paying very close attention for those 44 years. He sucks and does not possess any ability, including anything intangible.

Your comment was, "Not every QB entering the NFL is a Luck or a RG3."

I explained to you why that was not needed to be pointed out to me, and you take offense to it?

hmmm.

If you believe that Gino Smith has what it takes to be an NFL QB then you haven't been paying very close attention for those 44 years. He sucks and does not possess any ability, including anything intangible.

I did not take offense to any of your comments. You bragged about your 30 years of watching football. Your opinion means zero. Geno was drafted because of his ability and had a very good college career. If you feel he don't have what it takes to be a NFL QB that's your opinion. That opinion is not shared by the people who assess talent in the NFL. I can't see into the future and neither can you. 

I did not take offense to any of your comments. You bragged about your 30 years of watching football. Your opinion means zero. Geno was drafted because of his ability and had a very good college career. If you feel he don't have what it takes to be a NFL QB that's your opinion. That opinion is not shared by the people who assess talent in the NFL. I can't see into the future and neither can you. 

Actually my opinion was shared by several NFL Front Offices, because they all passed on Geno Smith. Every team passed on him even though he was considered by the media as a safe bet to be taken in the top 10. Some mocks even had him going in the top 5. 

We all know this is a QB driven league, so why would every team pass on a QB that could be the QB to drive its team? They wouldn't. I would argue that had the Jets not taken him in the second round then he could have fallen all of the way to the fourth or fifth round. But they are the Jets, and they were desperate. 

Add that no team outside of the cuckoo Jets wanted him to what we have seen in his early career and it is a no-brainer. He has no talent and he brings nothing intangible either.

The NFL got it right with Geno Smith - He stinks.

Actually my opinion was shared by several NFL Front Offices, because they all passed on Geno Smith. Every team passed on him even though he was considered by the media as a safe bet to be taken in the top 10. Some mocks even had him going in the top 5. 

We all know this is a QB driven league, so why would every team pass on a QB that could be the QB to drive its team? They wouldn't. I would argue that had the Jets not taken him in the second round then he could have fallen all of the way to the fourth or fifth round. But they are the Jets, and they were desperate. 

Add that no team outside of the cuckoo Jets wanted him to what we have seen in his early career and it is a no-brainer. He has no talent and he brings nothing intangible either.

The NFL got it right with Geno Smith - He stinks.

So because he was not taken in the 1st round you think he is not talented??  That is a very weak leg to stand on being Brees was a 2nd round pick. Brady just happened to be a 6th round pick. 50% of all 1st round QBs taken in the last 13 years have been inconsistent, underachieved or busted according to the National Football Post. Schuab, Dalton, Wilson and Romo were not 1st round picks either. Buffalo is starting Tuel who wasn't drafted at all. As far as your comment about all the other teams passing on Smith, how many of the 32 teams were even looking for a QB with the thought of using a 1st round pick for one? 3 out of 32 so your statement about all the other teams passing on Smith means nothing. You have your opinion but it is not cut in stone as being 100% correct. We shall see in 2 or 3 years down the road. I backed my comments up with stats and links, so far you only have your opinion. I will not make any more comments to you concerning this thread till you can bring a legitimate link or some bases  other than your opinion. 

They don't have much around him. He is a rookie and he isn't the caliber of the three real good ones from last year. I think he will get better.