Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

LaRon Landry

BlueCollarColts

Team high 15 tackles, yeah he's pretty good :P

And is tied in the NFL right now for most tackles

usalandryford.jpg

Just for comparison....Zbi had 38 Combined tackles all of last year and 27 of those were solo tackles...yes I know Zbi only played in 11 games, The difference in talent between Zbi and Landry (and "want to") is night and day

Just for comparison....Zbi had 38 Combined tackles all of last year and 27 of those were solo tackles...yes I know Zbi only played in 11 games, The difference in talent between Zbi and Landry (and "want to") is night and day

Landry will have 100+ tackles this season with 2-4 interceptions & 3-4 forced fumbles

Landry is just like Bob Sanders.  A rough, hard hitting safety like him can really make your defense click.  Here's hoping Landry can stay healthier than Sanders

I think bob was a little better in pass coverage but as far as run support and physicality, they are mirror images. This is exactly the type of player bethea needs beside him so he can roam the field and play to his strengths by playing the ball and stepping in front of receivers and creating turnovers. I'm glad the days of bullitt and zbikowski are gone...

Runs down a TE with a 10 yard lead and nobody between the TE and the goal line and nobody with an angle either AND.....not only does he run him down and tackle him cleanly, he does it with ease. He's gonna be a bigger Bob Sanders....hopefully with no injuries.

Lets be real I could have ran him down on that play haha. Was a good play, but the TE was not a Ferrari on the field by any instance.

Runs down a TE with a 10 yard lead and nobody between the TE and the goal line and nobody with an angle either AND.....not only does he run him down and tackle him cleanly, he does it with ease. He's gonna be a bigger Bob Sanders....hopefully with no injuries.

He tried to tomahawk him also! Shook him up a bit, think he missed a play or two.

I don't ever want to hear "Sanders" name in a Colt's thread again!! As much heart as the guy had he just couldn't cut it! I feel bad he couldn't because he would still be great....same for Austin Collie.

I'm sad for Ballard but here is to hoping Kerwynn gets his opportunity he is going to be a great RB.

Landry is just like Bob Sanders. A rough, hard hitting safety like him can really make your defense click. Here's hoping Landry can stay "A LOT" healthier than Sanders

There...fixed it for ya'. The fact that Landry made it past game 1 proves he's healthier than Bob. Doesn't take much to improve on here, haha.

I think bob was a little better in pass coverage but as far as run support and physicality, they are mirror images. This is exactly the type of player bethea needs beside him so he can roam the field and play to his strengths by playing the ball and stepping in front of receivers and creating turnovers. I'm glad the days of bullitt and zbikowski are gone...

I actually liked Bullitt when he was healthy.

Landry is a serious hitter, and he has good concentration on coverage....but Sanders play recognition skills were off the chart. He hit a player in the backfield against the Steelers where both players started from relatively the same depth on their respective sides of the ball.....but Bob crossed over the to RB's side of the field and still hit him before he even reached the level of his own right tackle.

Landry may play longer and may achieve more records, but Bob was special.

When healthy, Bob Sanders was better then both Ed Reed and Polamalu. He was great in coverage and the best run defending safety arguably of all time which is why he was the DPOY. During the SB season when Bob missed games we were one of the worst 3 defensive teams in the league. When he came back for the playoffs we looked like the 85 Bears, no one could run on us. Landry won't have that type of effect but he's the closest thing i've seen to Sanders in the league.

When healthy, Bob Sanders was better then both Ed Reed and Polamalu. He was great in coverage and the best run defending safety arguably of all time which is why he was the DPOY. During the SB season when Bob missed games we were one of the worst 3 defensive teams in the league. When he came back for the playoffs we looked like the 85 Bears, no one could run on us. Landry won't have that type of effect but he's the closest thing i've seen to Sanders in the league.

"When healthy, Bob Sanders was better then both Ed Reed and Polamalu"

Did you actually type that with a straight face behind your keyboard?