Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Just my thoughts on Luck.

SIXTHOBJECT

Im not to good at this stuff but i just want to share my thoughts about Andrew Luck.

The first time I got the chance to see him at the Colts draft party I new he was the real deal and the pain of loseing Payton quickly subcided.

Starting at mini camp then onto training camp and the game at chicago. I saw and witnessed a young man take a leadership roll I dont think rg3, Kap, or Wilson could have done it any where near as great as Andrew has.

People concentrate more on the flashy stats and what the experts have to say. But what I see is a young man given the keys to this football team and move out of the shadow of a Superstar and create his own legacy.

What I see in Andrew is a star in the making and it will probably happen this year if it hasnt already.

This kid will make all of us die hard Colts fans proud just like Payton did. He has the heart of a winner and will do anything to help his team win. And to all the naysayers out there just like any elite Qb dont count him out. He is going to blow the NFL up this year you just wait and see..

So to all you who are counting us out this year had better watch out. This kid may look like a goof ball but when its game time he is a killer...

Ya something like that.

I too think Rg3 is going to be great. You have to give credit where credit is due.

Luck has just had to overcome alot more then the other three in my op

I honeslty believe Luck is the best of the 3 but i also believe that RG3 had the same rallying/leader affect late in the season that luck had throughout.... Didn't they finish on like a 7 game winning streak?

luck is good---happy to have him------but how bout irsays read on manning? i think colts let 1or 2 super bowls go

Don't think he let any rings go by letting Manning go.. The Broncos might get them one in the next couple years, as they should. However, if they do, I don't think that in any way would have translated to Indy

I think Luck will be great, IF he can stay healthy. This directly correlates with our O-line's pass blocking, or lack thereof.

I think RGIII will be great as well, IF he can stay healthy.

I wouldn't say Wilson and Kaep are as good as Luck/RGIII, but they're right there. Not to mention both have tremendously talented defenses.

You can't go wrong with any of the QB's above. Of the lot, I'd say Luck is the best passer, then RG3, then a toss up between Kaep/Wilson. However, should you consider their passing ability equal, I'd still take Luck if only for longevity's sake. This is due to the nature of how the other 3 QB's play/run.

However, Luck will be a waste if we don't give him at least a mediocre pass blocking O-line. We're fortunate he made it through his rookie season, and this line HAS to get better.

Im not to good at this stuff but i just want to share my thoughts about Andrew Luck.

The first time I got the chance to see him at the Colts draft party I new he was the real deal and the pain of loseing Payton quickly subcided.

Starting at mini camp then onto training camp and the game at chicago. I saw and witnessed a young man take a leadership roll I dont think rg3, Kap, or Wilson could have done it any where near as great as Andrew has.

People concentrate more on the flashy stats and what the experts have to say. But what I see is a young man given the keys to this football team and move out of the shadow of a Superstar and create his own legacy.

What I see in Andrew is a star in the making and it will probably happen this year if it hasnt already.

This kid will make all of us die hard Colts fans proud just like Payton did. He has the heart of a winner and will do anything to help his team win. And to all the naysayers out there just like any elite Qb dont count him out. He is going to blow the NFL up this year you just wait and see..

So to all you who are counting us out this year had better watch out. This kid may look like a goof ball but when its game time he is a killer...

I think Luck will be the best Quarterback in the league by his 5th year.

To Carl's point, I think our team with Manning last year might have been a Super Bowl contender if we could have built the same team just with the change at QB.  Nothing against Luck, Manning is just a much better player.  

That said, hopefully we can use the cap savings we get without Manning to build a solid nucleus for Luck as he grows into a superstar.  We have a chance to build more complete teams without Manning, at least until we resign Luck.

I agree!! But it's spelled Peyton. 

To Carl's point, I think our team with Manning last year might have been a Super Bowl contender if we could have built the same team just with the change at QB.  Nothing against Luck, Manning is just a much better player.  

That said, hopefully we can use the cap savings we get without Manning to build a solid nucleus for Luck as he grows into a superstar.  We have a chance to build more complete teams without Manning, at least until we resign Luck.

Peyton was never on a team as good this team this year except maybe the Broncos this year. 

I had no intention to make this a Luck vs Manning or Rg3 thread god knows how those go. But what i was tryin to say was i think all the afore mentioned qbs will be great other then

Manning he is already great lol... But that if you put them in Lucks shoes with all the Manning pressure and the horrid oline they wouldnt have done near as good as Luck.

I had no intention to make this a Luck vs Manning or Rg3 thread god knows how those go. But what i was tryin to say was i think all the afore mentioned qbs will be great other then

Manning he is already great lol... But that if you put them in Lucks shoes with all the Manning pressure and the horrid oline they wouldnt have done near as good as Luck.

Some of them would have gotten rid of the ball sooner and taken less sacks and had less turnovers. So, I don't believe that is true.

Peyton was never on a team as good this team this year except maybe the Broncos this year. 

You are forgetting the hall in players and picks the Colts would have gotten for the rights to Luck. Put those people around Manning and you are a Super Bowl contender this year.

Honestly at times I feel people here worry too much about the QBs glory compared to others but then spend all their time moaning on the side that it's a team sport.

We need and will try to build balance around Andrew. They are trying right now. And we saw some flashes of a better D already in preseason for once. The goal for me is not to see him throw 7+ TDs in games or have to see him carry our team in every single game out there. I want to make it back to the playoffs and have enough balance and teeth on defense/with the run game to advance for once......

Andrew is a good QB and will be, no doubt. I think he is terrific . But, he can't do it alone. Our goal should be to make the playoffs and try to win games in the postseason above anything else.

JMO

I think Manning will still be playing then so, no, he won't be the best by then if he is ever the best.

Manning has 8 one and dones in the playoffs. How does that even happen? It's mind boggling. You can say it's a weaker team around him but he has a strong team now it seems. An early flame out in the playoffs this year would be disastrous. A big part of his legacy right now unfortunately is that of a one and done QB. I think even Manning realizes this to a certain extent, fair or not. Denver is a SB or bust team right now with the weaker AFC this year. Manning is under tremendous pressure right now because of this fact. 

luck is good---happy to have him------but how bout irsays read on manning? i think colts let 1or 2 super bowls go

No they didn't. Luck is better than Manning right now, for this team right now, it was time. That's just the harsh truth. Luck will have a more winning career than manning did and win more big games and play in more super bowls and he'll do it wearing blue.

Manning has 2 seasons left - you're saying he's going to win a SB in both?

You are forgetting the hall in players and picks the Colts would have gotten for the rights to Luck. Put those people around Manning and you are a Super Bowl contender this year.

With the difference in the rookie pay scale Luck is on and the 15 year contract that Manning is on there is no way the Colts could have put together the players they have now. When Manning was here and the way Polian had the Colts in cap space trouble Manning wouldn't have had enough good players to make a super bowl. Even without Mannings contract the Colts had 38 million dollars in dead cap money. The age difference between Luck and Manning played a huge part in Manning not being here. Manning didn't want to teach Luck and Luck didn't need a teacher. With the injury that Manning had he would have never survived the hits that Luck took last season. Just my take.

Some of them would have gotten rid of the ball sooner and taken less sacks and had less turnovers. So, I don't believe that is true.

Dude, where did you come from? You are the biggest downer ever. Luck is going to be awesome. Some draft picks will be good, others not so good. Adjust. Enjoy the ride...

I think Manning will still be playing then so, no, he won't be the best by then if he is ever the best.

You think Peyton will still be playing in his 40s? I don't see that happening personally. I think he'll play no more than two seasons after this one. 

I think Rodgers will definitely be around in Luck's 5th year but I think he can overtake Rodgers. I think Brady is his only real competition.

Well if you watched any of the games last year you would know that all Lucks passes took way to long to develop. And he had what like 2 to 3 seconds to throw. Any other qb would have been killed. So before you start to flame Luck think about what little he had to work with being a rookie.....I you can choose to believe that garbage but im not buying into your claims. Luck is a winner.

With the difference in the rookie pay scale Luck is on and the 15 year contract that Manning is on there is no way the Colts could have put together the players they have now. When Manning was here and the way Polian had the Colts in cap space trouble Manning wouldn't have had enough good players to make a super bowl. Even without Mannings contract the Colts had 38 million dollars in dead cap money. The age difference between Luck and Manning played a huge part in Manning not being here. Manning didn't want to teach Luck and Luck didn't need a teacher. With the injury that Manning had he would have never survived the hits that Luck took last season. Just my take.

Manning would not have taken those hits. Most of those hits were because Luck is slow getting rid of the ball and in making his reads on who is going to be open. Peyton played with lines that were little better and had view sacks because the ball was gone before they could get to him. Yes, so now you have a young QB who may or may not be a star some years down the road and Peyton is competing for the Super Bowl yet again. Enjoy what is coming. It will be a long time before you see teams and results like 18 had when he was here. That is just my take. Getting Luck and going into complete rebuilding mode is fine and it may be a great business decision. We won't know for quite a long time. About the time, Peyton is going into the Hall of Fame holding just about every QB record. Luck will be looking up at that for a long while. What if he decides to bolt to a better them when he becomes a free agent?? Oh, my.

Well if you watched any of the games last year you would know that all Lucks passes took way to long to develop. And he had what like 2 to 3 seconds to throw. Any other qb would have been killed. So before you start to flame Luck think about what little he had to work with being a rookie.....I you can choose to believe that garbage but im not buying into your claims. Luck is a winner.

Perhaps. I hope you are right. I just haven't seen many leopards change their spots.

You think Peyton will still be playing in his 40s? I don't see that happening personally. I think he'll play no more than two seasons after this one. 

I think Rodgers will definitely be around in Luck's 5th year but I think he can overtake Rodgers. I think Brady is his only real competition.

If Peyton is playing well and the team is good, he doesn't rely on speed for his play. Didn't Elway play into his 40s?

No they didn't. Luck is better than Manning right now, for this team right now, it was time. That's just the harsh truth. Luck will have a more winning career than manning did and win more big games and play in more super bowls and he'll do it wearing blue.

Manning has 2 seasons left - you're saying he's going to win a SB in both?

Wow. Where can I get a pair of those glasses? Manning will play at least four more seasons and perhaps five. He doesn't get hit much because, unlike Luck, he gets rid of the ball quickly. Peyton sat out a year and he didn't like it. He may play a year too long but not a year short of what he could do. If Luck does the things you say (and he won't), he will be the greatest QB of all time. I just don't see that at all.

Manning has 8 one and dones in the playoffs. How does that even happen? It's mind boggling. You can say it's a weaker team around him but he has a strong team now it seems. An early flame out in the playoffs this year would be disastrous. A big part of his legacy right now unfortunately is that of a one and done QB. I think even Manning realizes this to a certain extent, fair or not. Denver is a SB or bust team right now with the weaker AFC this year. Manning is under tremendous pressure right now because of this fact. 

You have to get to the playoffs eight times to have a chance to be one and done. Have you considered that he put some teams in the playoffs that had no business being there?

If Peyton is playing well and the team is good, he doesn't rely on speed for his play. Didn't Elway play into his 40s?

Those neck surgeries are going to take their toll at some point.

It's definitely possible for a QB to play into their 40s but I think they have to be lucky in some respects. Elway was waaaayyy before my time. Was he as beat up as Peyton is?

a lot of "professional analysts" these days base their opinions on fantasy value. Cam Newton is an amazing fantasy player, but he'll never take his team to the nfc championship, yet analysts praise him because he's one of the best fantasy qb's. I believe Luck has the biggest upside out of the 2012 class. The Niners and Seahawks would've never made the playoffs if it weren't for their defense and amazing O-line. Luck is the reason we made it to the playoffs, giving Wayne one of his best years and making a star out of someone like Avery. The dude is as legit as they come

Good point. See Aaron Rodgers last year.

Manning would not have taken those hits. Most of those hits were because Luck is slow getting rid of the ball and in making his reads on who is going to be open. Peyton played with lines that were little better and had view sacks because the ball was gone before they could get to him. Yes, so now you have a young QB who may or may not be a star some years down the road and Peyton is competing for the Super Bowl yet again. Enjoy what is coming. It will be a long time before you see teams and results like 18 had when he was here. That is just my take. Getting Luck and going into complete rebuilding mode is fine and it may be a great business decision. We won't know for quite a long time. About the time, Peyton is going into the Hall of Fame holding just about every QB record. Luck will be looking up at that for a long while. What if he decides to bolt to a better them when he becomes a free agent?? Oh, my.

And what would it take for you to consider Luck living up to draft status? Most wins by a #1 pick QB in 1st year? Playoffs? Rookie passing record? Led league in come from behind wins? None of that matters...

You're a Luck hater, own it. Stop hiding behind your Zach Galifiankis picture and own it. It's ok you're a fan of another team but stop hiding behind the claim you are a colts fan. It's not about an individual player (manning). True fans root on their team.

Well sorry fellas this is annoying when you cant say someging positive about a guy who took his team to 11-5 and had one of the best rookie seasons ever.

I will never understand why people are so shallow and try to compare Luck to Manning. Duh Manning is a seasoned vet and should never be compared to a rookie or like wise. They both are building there own legacys.

Pulling my hair out...