Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Polian doesn't list Colts as a contender

ColtStrong

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, do you read or listen to anything or anyone? It is hard for me to take you seriously if you are closed to all information. That is what it would take to buy the Colts and Luck this year hook line and sinker.

Do you read your own posts? Have you listened to yourself?

Some folks are calling me a troll and not a voice of reason which is certainly what I want to be. I hope Luck turns out to be the best decision ever. I think it is 50/50 at best.

Whenever a fan claims to be 'the voice of reason' or to somehow have a more valid opinion that others, my spidey sense tingles.

I imagine it's the same for other regular posters here.

You do know that Newton's second season was one of the best in NFL history? He had a better year than Eli Manning who has won two SBs. 2012 280 completions 485 attempts 57.7% 3869 passing yards 241.8 Passing Yds. per game 8.0 Average gain 19 TDs 12 Ints 127 Rushes 741 Yards

Avg

Per carry

TDs

Fum

These are pretty darn good numbers for a QB on a very bad team. I look for him to be better and for the team to be better this year.

Cam Newton's 2013 Draft Rank and Projections

Luck was better as a rookie than Cam as a second year player

Whenever a fan claims to be 'the voice of reason' or to somehow have a more valid opinion that others, my spidey sense tingles.

Not necessarily so.  I believe that poster is saying he is trying to be more objective than another poster or group of posters. There are  many here that are just Colts fans and do not follow other NFL teams or other games with the same interest. On the other hand, there are posters (myself included) on this board that are NFL fans first and then they are their teams' fans second.  

Is one more right than the other?

Not necessarily so.  I believe that poster is saying he is trying to be more objective than another poster or group of posters. There are  many here that are just Colts fans and do not follow other NFL teams or other games with the same interest. On the other hand, there are posters (myself included) on this board that are NFL fans first and then they are their teams' fans second.  

Is one more right than the other?

no, nobody is more right than anyone else

Everyone probably thinks they are

but few say it

and when they do, often there are predictable results

I suppose but it doesn't have to be that way. My opinion is no more valid than theirs but I am not just a fan who knows nothing about football or the Colts. I want them to do well too. I want them to be good for a long, long time. But, I don't agree with everything they do or with fans who think they are going 19-0 and win the Super Bowl. I hope for that but I don't expect it. I try my best to tolerant of everyone even when I do not agree with them.

Do you read your own posts? Have you listened to yourself?

Yes, I do. Would you like a summary? I think the Colts way over-performed last year. So did management and that is why there was so much activity and new players added. I think they will be a much improved team this year. I do not think the record will reflect that. I think there is still lots of work to do and changes to be made. I think the Colt will be close to 8-8 give or take a game either way. I think Luck will continue to improve and get better and I think last years rookie QBs will too. I do not think Luck will be a top 10 QB in the NFL this year. Perhaps next year, he will move up to that level. I root for the Colts to win every game no matter how they win it. Ugly wins count just as much as pretty wins. There, that pretty much covers what I think.

I think Weeden will improve a lot too. Maybe not to the Newton level but he could catch Luck....

I hear you on a lot of stuff, but got to stop you here, Weeden is NO WHERE in Lucks league. possibly you haven't see Luck play a lot. Luck barring injury & his continued improvement Luck is another Peyton Manning who is more athletic! And a slightly better arm.

If this is a list for the playoffs, how in the world do you put SD, KC, and Oakland in front of Denver?  Unless the wheels come off those guys are going to be representing the AFC West...

Who would do that. I do think KC will make the playoffs as a wild card team. I think San Diego will be improved and about .500 but very dangerous at home. Oakland is the worst team in the NFL.

I suppose but it doesn't have to be that way. My opinion is no more valid than theirs but I am not just a fan who knows nothing about football or the Colts. I want them to do well too. I want them to be good for a long, long time. But, I don't agree with everything they do or with fans who think they are going 19-0 and win the Super Bowl. I hope for that but I don't expect it. I try my best to tolerant of everyone even when I do not agree with them.

sounds like a good plan

everybody here agrees to be civil

I hear you on a lot of stuff, but got to stop you here, Weeden is NO WHERE in Lucks league. possibly you haven't see Luck play a lot. Luck barring injury & his continued improvement Luck is another Peyton Manning who is more athletic! And a slightly better arm.

Sorry, I watch him just about every game and I just don't see that yet. Weeden was decent last year. He will be a whole lot better this year. If Luck isn't a lot better then we all may have to rethink the future.

Sorry, I watch him just about every game and I just don't see that yet. Weeden was decent last year. He will be a whole lot better this year. If Luck isn't a lot better then we all may have to rethink the future.

according to your favorite qb analyst, weeden is a bottom six qb

Name a top 12 team that didn't make it to the playoffs because their schedule was too tough. 

ARE WE A TOP 12 TEAM. For my money off the top of my head the following teams are better, SF, SEA, GB, CHI, DAL,NYG, NO, ATL, DEN, CIN, PITT, BAL, NE, Thats 13, we are IMO lumped into MIA, STL, Minn, DET, IND, TENN, Maybe, ARI all these teams could replace the bottom of top 12, as optimistic has I am a 8-8 season could happen! I think we will be 10-6

When people say that the Colts aren't going to have the magic they had last year, and therefore will take a step back, I laugh. 

There's no question the Colts overachieved in 2012. Had no business winning 11 games, had no business going 7-1 in one score games, had no business making the playoffs... Did it anyways. Plenty of magic involved, a handful of improbable comebacks and last minute victories, and a lot of big plays from unlikely players. We are not going to duplicate that kind of season.

But that doesn't mean the team is going to take a step back. We got by on smoke and mirrors at times. The whole point of spending money in the offseason was to shore up the weak spots on the roster so that we wouldn't be trying to duplicate an improbable season. When we play lesser teams, we hopefully won't need 4th quarter comebacks. Hopefully we don't get stomped by teams like the Jets, and we don't give up late touchdowns to teams like the Jaguars. Hopefully hang tough against good teams, and have a chance to steal some wins on the road. The plan is for the team to be better all around, so that we actually are a real contender, and not just an illusion like we were last year.

I've said several times this offseason that it's hard to improve on 11 wins. But forget the win total; we can be a better team, top to bottom, with the same exact record. Hopefully we stay relatively healthy, and it will all be about execution on game day.

I have a distinct feeling that your the same poster that use to go by OUI Blu(or something like that). You have the exact same delusional thoughts as he did. If you think Weeden is even remotely close to Lucks talent, then maybe it is you that should rethink your football IQ, because there isn't anybody on planet Earth or beyond that would agree with you. 

I have a distinct feeling that your the same poster that use to go by OUI Blu(or something like that). You have the exact same delusional thoughts as he did. If you think Weeden is even remotely close to Lucks talent, then maybe it is you that should rethink your football IQ, because there isn't anybody on planet Earth or beyond that would agree with you. 

Then you would be wrong. I am not OlBlu. I am nice to everyone including people like you who try to convince people that I am OlBlu. Yes, Luck is better than Weeden but they are not as far apart as you think. Just look at the stats. Now who has the most potential? Why this is Luck hands down but he has to do more to show it. I do not think he is anywhere close to being a top ten QB and there are lots of people who agree with me about that. Perhaps in the coming years but not yet, and not now.

LUCK will be much better due to 2 factors 1 the OL is going to be greatly improved, Luck LITERATELY WAS HAMMERED LAST YEAR & RAN FOR HIS LIFE  in Arians big play offense having to use his athlic ability to scramble & Making plays out of nothing & Pep Hamilton's offense is going to drastically improve Lucks percentage completion. That with our TE's and Hilton being in there second year. I am positive of his improvement saw it already in pre season. THE ONLY THING THAT WILL STOP LUCK FROM BEING A TOP 5 QB IN THIS LEAGUE IN THE NEXT FEW YEARS IS INJURY! Thats how I see it. I love Peyton I wish we kept both, but it may have been a necessary evil letting him go.

When people say that the Colts aren't going to have the magic they had last year, and therefore will take a step back, I laugh. 

There's no question the Colts overachieved in 2012. Had no business winning 11 games, had no business going 7-1 in one score games, had no business making the playoffs... Did it anyways. Plenty of magic involved, a handful of improbable comebacks and last minute victories, and a lot of big plays from unlikely players. We are not going to duplicate that kind of season.

But that doesn't mean the team is going to take a step back. We got by on smoke and mirrors at times. The whole point of spending money in the offseason was to shore up the weak spots on the roster so that we wouldn't be trying to duplicate an improbable season. When we play lesser teams, we hopefully won't need 4th quarter comebacks. Hopefully we don't get stomped by teams like the Jets, and we don't give up late touchdowns to teams like the Jaguars. Hopefully hang tough against good teams, and have a chance to steal some wins on the road. The plan is for the team to be better all around, so that we actually are a real contender, and not just an illusion like we were last year.

I've said several times this offseason that it's hard to improve on 11 wins. But forget the win total; we can be a better team, top to bottom, with the same exact record. Hopefully we stay relatively healthy, and it will all be about execution on game day.

Realistically we could be a better all round team with a worse record!

ok, find one that says he is on lucks level, or even close.

Oh, I don't think you find that anywhere. I think they are closer than most people would think but even I wouldn't say that. I said that he would be much improved. But, I think Luck will be better too but the record won't show it.

Then you would be wrong. I am not OlBlu. I am nice to everyone including people like you who try to convince people that I am OlBlu. Yes, Luck is better than Weeden but they are not as far apart as you think. Just look at the stats. Now who has the most potential? Why this is Luck hands down but he has to do more to show it. I do not think he is anywhere close to being a top ten QB and there are lots of people who agree with me about that. Perhaps in the coming years but not yet, and not now.

Luck is easily better than half the QB's in the league right now. He could go as high as 5-10 if you factor in his age and this is only his 2nd yr.. Weeden is already close to 30 yrs. old. By the time he reaches his potential( if he reaches it), he will be on the back end of his career.