Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Terrell Pryor confirmed to start week 1.

Dustin

IDK, this kinda worries me.  These gimmicky things always seem to dominate our defense.  I remember everyone making fun of the Wildcat before a Dolphins game back in 2009, and we only won that game because they randomly decided to start passing.  The Wildcat dominated us.  Cut-back runs have always been the bane of our defense because we have never had gap discipline.

Hopefully, since we have mostly new players, and new coaches, that will change.  I just wont be surprised if Pryor runs the Option right at Mathis up and down the field the whole game.

That being said, We have an offense that only needs the defense to get a stop or two to win the game.  As always in the NFL, we'll see.  Luckily, as fans, we can belittle the Raiders all we want and not have it affect the teams performance! haha

Pryor is not much of a passing threat, all he's got is his legs.  Contain him in the pocket and we'll be fine.  

He's not Kap or Wilson. . . Those guys are a threat with their arms too.  Besides Wilson I don't think gains a lot of yards by running, he mostly runs to buy time which is something that he is exceedingly good at.  

IDK, this kinda worries me.  These gimmicky things always seem to dominate our defense.  I remember everyone making fun of the Wildcat before a Dolphins game back in 2009, and we only won that game because they randomly decided to start passing.  The Wildcat dominated us.  Cut-back runs have always been the bane of our defense because we have never had gap discipline.

Hopefully, since we have mostly new players, and new coaches, that will change.  I just wont be surprised if Pryor runs the Option right at Mathis up and down the field the whole game.

That being said, We have an offense that only needs the defense to get a stop or two to win the game.  As always in the NFL, we'll see.  Luckily, as fans, we can belittle the Raiders all we want and not have it affect the teams performance! haha

I also remember us winning that game...

IDK, this kinda worries me. These gimmicky things always seem to dominate our defense. I remember everyone making fun of the Wildcat before a Dolphins game back in 2009, and we only won that game because they randomly decided to start passing. The Wildcat dominated us. Cut-back runs have always been the bane of our defense because we have never had gap discipline.

Hopefully, since we have mostly new players, and new coaches, that will change. I just wont be surprised if Pryor runs the Option right at Mathis up and down the field the whole game.

That being said, We have an offense that only needs the defense to get a stop or two to win the game. As always in the NFL, we'll see. Luckily, as fans, we can belittle the Raiders all we want and not have it affect the teams performance! haha

they didn't randomly start passing. They were losing in the fourth quarter and had to pass. Manning was lights out that night.

I watched all 4 Raider pre season games start to finish. Keep Pryor in the pocket, keep a QB spy on every down, drop into coverages, mix the coverages, make him beat you with his arm he cannot make accurate throw after throw for a sustained drive....do that and he has no chance. Let Pryor play Ben Rothisberger and run for first downs and complete passes off broken plays and he's much more dangerous. The opposite is true with Flynn if he plays heavy pas rush on every play he is extremely immobile and was sacked over and over in the preseason (he will literally fall down or dump it short if he senses any pressure) and he does not have the arm strength to throw deep.

Yeah FX, is Matt Flynn really that bad? Apparently so, I'm afraid....But, SW1 wonders is it poor playbook comprehension or a deer in the headlights mystique once games go from practice to Live rounds in the NFL gun? Hmmm...

the guy still has the best future sports Trivial pursuit answer on his resume

the guy still has the best future sports Trivial pursuit answer on his resume

No doubt Matt Flynn lit it up in that GB game Jvan, but when a quality franchise like the Seattle Seahawks dumps you under the Pete Carroll regime that something too & what is says is that as a franchise QB in this league you can't lead your troops down the field & justify the money that owner Paul Allen initially paid you either. 

Boy, was I fooled. I thought Flynn had the potential to be a decent field general not like an also ran, unforgettable running mate in American politics. 1 of the quickest flame outs in recent football memory. Actually, the world flame out implies the rise of a glowing star that reached it's zenith once. No, Matt Flynn is more like a 4th of July sparkler that never really lit in the 1st place. That's more accurate in scope & a lackluster magnitude. 

The Raiders kept TWO kickers and TWO punters on their active roster....even Al Davis has to be spinning in his grave. Does Pryor even have a backup? Lol, wow

Two punters, one kicker as far as I can tell.

If we had the extra roster space, it would have been nice to keep McManus.  That kid kicked it through the endzone every time.

we could lose if McFadden runs for 200 yards and three tds and ford returns a couple kicks for tds.

Nah, I don't see Mcfadden doing that in the opener before they have their sea legs under them as an o-line. He might get close to 100 and some extra yards because we will be rusty on defense and maybe tired, but keep in mind if the Colts are out in front handily Oakland isn't going to have the opportunity to just run the ball. They'll have to throw it. And thats when Pryor will get into trouble.

The longer we play at Oakland's slow pace the longer we will have problems. I hope we spread them out early and attack their terrible pass defense, especially since it's week 1. You put Oakland in a 2 or 3 score hole, and you're in business.