Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Guess who signed Ben Ijalana...?/Jets Claim OL Ben Ijalana - So much for PS. (merge)

Indyfan4life

Jets claimed OL Ben Ijalana off waivers from the Colts.

The 49th pick in the 2011 draft, Ijalana spent much of his first two NFL seasons on injured reserve. Pro Football Focus did grade Ijalana as a top-15 tackle during the 2013 preseason, excelling as both a run and pass blocker and playing left tackle. Ijalana can also play guard. He's worth a shot.

Related: Colts

Makes me pretty upset honestly.

Jets claimed OL Ben Ijalana off waivers from the Colts.

The 49th pick in the 2011 draft, Ijalana spent much of his first two NFL seasons on injured reserve. Pro Football Focus did grade Ijalana as a top-15 tackle during the 2013 preseason, excelling as both a run and pass blocker and playing left tackle. Ijalana can also play guard. He's worth a shot.

Related: Colts

Makes me pretty upset honestly.

Yeah he wasn't coming back when we waived him, I question that move, We are thin along the O Line

Unlike the majority here,  I think it was time to part ways with Ijalana.   the injuries just kept him off the field his whole time here, kinda reminiscent of a guy named Sanders.   I wish him well with new team,  put will hold my breath and see if he can stay on the field.

Unlike the majority here,  I think it was time to part ways with Ijalana.   the injuries just kept him off the field his whole time here, kinda reminiscent of a guy named Sanders.   I wish him well with new team,  put will hold my breath and see if he can stay on the field.

I too wish Big Ben the best.  Some thought he played well this preseason.  I did not feel he did anything to stand out.

THIS is what he needed to do coming off of brutal injuries to survive.  I was rooting for him.  Maybe if he got the chance with the ones he could have shown whether he really belonged or not.  Good luck Big Ben...we are rooting for you....but not the Jets in this lifetime!!!  :)

I too wish Big Ben the best.  Some thought he played well this preseason.  I did not feel he did anything to stand out.

THIS is what he needed to do coming off of brutal injuries to survive.  I was rooting for him.  Maybe if he got the chance with the ones he could have shown whether he really belonged or not.  Good luck Big Ben...we are rooting for you....but not the Jets in this lifetime!!!   :)

I wouldn't wish the Jets on anyone.  hope he can survive there

Just read on NFL.com that Drake Nevis was picked up  by Chargers   so it looks like he won't be on PS either.

It's my understanding that because of amount of time Nevis played he wasn't going to be PS eligible.  I could be wrong, I'm sure somebody will tell me if I am.  

Wish him the best in SD, reunited with Freeney, and gets to play us this year......might be a slight chip on both their shoulders.  Hope our O-line has their stuff together by then

It's my understanding that because of amount of time Nevis played he wasn't going to be PS eligible.  I could be wrong, I'm sure somebody will tell me if I am.  

Wish him the best in SD, reunited with Freeney, and gets to play us this year......might be a slight chip on both their shoulders.  Hope our O-line has their stuff together by then

You're correct. Nevis is not PS eligible.

Hopefully the constant griping about releasing these two regular season non-factors will cease soon, and we can give our all to the players our professional back-office / coaching staff decided were a better choice. They may have got it wrong, but it is done.

And trust the powers to be, yeah right  :sarcasm:  Couldn't agree more with this post.

the point seems relatively obvious. The folks who's job it is to make these descions chose the guys they think are the best.

Right I got that part, I thought it was a post that was not really needed but was more like a sarcastic statement. My point being we are all free to disagree with Grigson and coaching staff

true, but with very little knowledge of why the moves were made.

I'd definitly concede some much more then others, But there are things that are available to narrow it down signifcantly if one knows what he/she is looking for, Nothing more prevalent then the games themselves

I'd definitly concede some much more then others, But there are things that are available to narrow it down signifcantly if one knows what he/she is looking for, Nothing more prevalent then the games themselves

the staff knows the players from every possible angle. there jobs are to evaluate talent. they have been doing it and nothing else for many years. I'll take their evaluations over the YouTube gms every time

Fili is coming off a big injury as well. Nevis isn't hurt now, Moala is

You're correct.  If I'm not mistaken, Nevis went on IR the last two years.  I'm guessing they have more invested in Fili and feel that he can play better in our system.

It's moot now, Nevis is gone.

http://thejetsblog.com/nyjets/buzz-jets-claim-ol-ben-ijalana/

Rich Cimini @RichCimini

Jets claim former Colts OT Ben Ijalana, per source.

4:51 PM - 1 Sep 2013

As much I was rooting for Iljana, he was too prone to injury....2 ACL's back to back...Another Polian draft choice gone...

------------------------------------------------

Good luck. I hope he proves the Colts wrong in releasing him.

You're correct.  If I'm not mistaken, Nevis went on IR the last two years.  I'm guessing they have more invested in Fili and feel that he can play better in our system.

Can't keep guys on the roster that keep getting hurt...It's a business...Bob Sanders anyone?

I liked Nevis, a lot. I honestly thought it would come down to Guy or Moala, however, I'm not heartbroken about it. This is a some what small fish that we threw back into the waters. #18, 63, 44 were all much larger fish that were thrown back into the waters and I honestly haven't missed any of them except #18 but I fully support #12 too and think we made the right call by going with him all the way, even if we hadnt made the playoffs last year. And I trust Pags and Grigs until they prove otherwise. Could be worse, we could be stuck with Jerry Jones.....

as for Ben, well, I wanted him cut all along so no loss there. I just saw a lack luster motor and little else to show he could contribute. That said, I really wish we could find someone, anyone to replace McGlynn and Satelle.

It would only be moot if I, somehow, felt that me voicing my disapproval of his release would somehow bring him back. That's not the case, however. This is a forum for discussion, remember. 

The constant chirping from the (And this isn't aimed at you in particular, Smonroe) "PR/damage control" group on the forum, who claim anyone with a dissenting opinion than that of the front office are uninformed whiners, are just as trollish and annoying as the people they claim are being annoying.  People are entitled to their own opinions. If you don't like it, respond back with your own logic voicing why (not just a bunch of regurgitated, "You're not a GM, your opinion doesn't matter..") or just ignore it all together. It's really that simple 

It would only be moot if I, somehow, felt that me voicing my disapproval of his release would somehow bring him back. That's not the case, however. This is a forum for discussion, remember. 

The constant chirping from the (And this isn't aimed at you in particular, Smonroe) "PR/damage control" group on the forum, who claim anyone with a dissenting opinion than that of the front office are uninformed whiners, are just as trollish and annoying as the people they claim are being annoying.  People are entitled to their own opinions. If you don't like it, respond back with your own logic voicing why (not just a bunch of regurgitated, "You're not a GM, your opinion doesn't matter..") or just ignore it all together. It's really that simple 

Carry on.  Good free therapy, if that's what you need.