Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Da'Rick Rogers cut.

He would be an upgrade over the WR's we have fighting for the 5th spot, i would sign him. He could learn a lot from Reggie Wayne and eventually be a key part to the offense in two years.

Based on what? Not that I imagine Whalen, Brazill, or any others aren't able to be improved upon, but what makes you think Rogers could do anything to the Colts benefit?

Based on what? Not that I imagine Whalen, Brazill, or any others aren't able to be improved upon, but what makes you think Rogers could do anything to the Colts benefit?

He has size and is physical, plays like a younger Dwayne Bowe. Whalen is the 4th WR and Brazil will miss the first 4 weeks so we still need a 5th WR.

There will be better options on the waiver wire soon enough.

Sure for a stop gap. 

I think that everyones point was that we should sign and try to develop him. 

Rogers was a first round talent. and is imo a more explosive, way less polished version of Dez Bryant. 

Sure for a stop gap.

I think that everyones point was that we should sign and try to develop him.

Rogers was a first round talent. and is imo a more explosive, way less polished version of Dez Bryant.

A "first round talent" that went undrafted and couldn't even hold on to a roster spot on the oh-so-WR-rich Browns? That doesn't set off any warning sirens? I fail to see the upside.

A "first round talent" that went undrafted and couldn't even hold on to a roster spot on the oh-so-WR-rich Browns? That doesn't set off any warning sirens? I fail to see the upside.

Yes a first round talent. He went undrafted because of character issues.

He played for the Bills who have Stevie Johnson, Robert Woods, and Goodwin. As their starting 3.

The upside is he's a physical specimen with tons of athletic upside who would have been the first wr taken in the draft if he wasn't such a knucklehead.

For the record, im not saying we should sign him.

He played for the Bills who have Stevie Johnson, Robert Woods, and Goodwin. As their starting 3.

The upside is he's a physical specimen with tons of athletic upside who would have been the first wr taken in the draft if he wasn't such a knucklehead.

That's fine. We disagree. To me, his noggin is an important part of his measurables, and it's not like Chapman or Boyett, where injuries pushed them back but the assumption is they'd heal. His head is what his head is, and its a very rare instance where any knuckleheads have proven capable of being rehabilitated.

To me, he isn't first round material, and couldn't make it, even as a 4 or 5, on the Browns. The Colts don't need him. I prefer Whalen and Brazill, and I haven't been shy about suggesting both are entirely replaceable.

That's fine. We disagree. To me, his noggin is an important part of his measurables, and it's not like Chapman or Boyett, where injuries pushed them back but the assumption is they'd heal. His head is what his head is, and its a very rare instance where any knuckleheads have proven capable of being rehabilitated.

To me, he isn't first round material, and couldn't make it, even as a 4 or 5, on the Browns. The Colts don't need him. I prefer Whalen and Brazill, and I haven't been shy about suggesting both are entirely replaceable.

Why do you keep saying he couldn't make it on the Browns, the Bills were the team that cut him?

No offense, but I think that is quite an exaggeration. If Rogers was that talented he would have been drafted.....janoris jenkins and Matheiu for example.

Wow... I had us selecting him in my mock for last year (third round if I remember correctly). Shows how much I know. Obviously something went wrong during his combine interviews or his character issues would have been overlooked by somebody...

I'm of the opinion that he's probably not worth signing. He has the physical tools, but Buffalo would try to stash and develop him themselves if he was worth the investment (which says a lot for a UDFA).

I think that we have plenty of unrealized talent at WR already. It will soon be time (probably past due) to either draft Reggie's replacement or make sure that the guy is already on the roster. I think the former is more likely, but the guy will have to have the physical tools and the mental capacity to be the guy. There is the philosophy that it may be better to field a diverse group of serviceable receivers as opposed to having a clear #1 (much like NE does or like teams are doing at RB). It only works with an elite QB like Brady/Brees/Rodgers, and, while I think we have a QB who can do that, I'd rather have a reliable #1 that teams have to double cover consistently.

I'd prefer to have a go-to security blanket in the mold of Reggie (great hands, crisp routes, solid all around ball player) than take a chance on a physical specimen in need of serious coaching. Count me out on Rogers or any other project this late in the preseason. We can add more weapons next year, IMO.

HUGE difference between a good kid doing something dumb and a knucklehead that EVERY team in the NFL decided was too big a risk to draft.

Yeah....It says a lot that he went undrafted. It sounded like he'd get picked around the 3rd or 4th round based on his predraft write-ups, even factoring in the stupidity. Because by most accounts the kid has serious talent.

But we seldom know ALL the details that NFL security people dig up either.

If it was so bad that he went undrafted, he ain't worth the headache.

Undrafted and doesn't make it through to the final 75 is not real encouraging. Probably end up on someone's practice squad and if ended up to be ours , no harm there. As far as us picking him up now and thinking he'd make the final 53 , I think that's a huge longshot.

His problem is immaturity definetely not talent , He is worth a hard look IMO as well . I found this 

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/darick-rogers?id=2540179

If anyone could change this kids life around its Pagano,

We also have a number of great leaders, one of the most important of which in this instance being Reggie.  He certainly couldn't come here and corrupt the locker room, if anything , if he didn't get his head straight he'd be thrown out of the locker room head first. lol   I've got no problem giving him a shot though I'd be a little surprised if we did.

We also have a number of great leaders, one of the most important of which in this instance being Reggie.  He certainly couldn't come here and corrupt the locker room, if anything , if he didn't get his head straight he'd be thrown out of the locker room head first. lol   I've got no problem giving him a shot though I'd be a little surprised if we did.

Of course.. I kind of wouldn't mind seeing him come here just to see if we could get this kids head level back up to his potential playing level.