Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots-Lions game thread.

Dustin

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol doubt it. He's short and has a noodle arm. Looks good this game tho.

Anyone would be an upgrade over Blaine though. I mean, the Jaguars can't settle for mediocrity without at least trying some other guys out lol. Though a trade wouldn't be the smartest way to go about it of course.

Im surprised, I came in expecting a mass of posts speaking of how the Patriots are gonna suck this year or how overrated some think Brady is or something about a cheating scandal or how Brady played bad......Wow...surprised some actually showed restraint on here in regards to all that garbage

Im surprised, I came in expecting a mass of posts speaking of how the Patriots are gonna suck this year or how overrated some think Brady is or something about a cheating scandal or how Brady played bad......Wow...surprised some actually showed restraint on here in regards to all that garbage

Well they should win the East. I mean if they don't well then lmao.

I am still not sold on the receivers either. I know a few important guys were out right? But, still.....

This offense right now with what they have does not strike the fear in me it did last year. And no this isn't 2006 either.....so lets not go there.

Well they should win the East. I mean if they don't well then lmao.

I am still not sold on the receivers either. I know a few important guys were out right? But, still.....

This offense right now with what they have does not strike the fear in me it did last year. And no this isn't 2006 either.....so lets not go there.

Amendola will be back....they will turn it around

It's preseason

Considering the pages long thread about the nuances of Wes Welker... I'm also surprised :P

Here are my thoughts:

I think if I am GB, Minn or Chicago, I am terrified of that Detroit D-line. Wow. Say what you want about Suh being dirty and all but that guy is a beast. I am glad the Pats are playing the South and not the North this year in the NFC

Still not sold on Stafford. Four TOs and 13 points? This is also why if I am a team in the North, I feel good about winning because the Detroit O is average at times although no Megatron so maybe a bit of a pass there.

Four TOs by Pats is awful but part of me thinks Bill liked it because it tested his D and they responded well. Boldin is probably cut as he was last man on the depth chart and that fumble did not help.

If Amendola does miss time this season then the Pats will struggle offensively I think. I am not sure they average 30+ points anyways given the loss of AH and Gronk for the first few games.

No Tebow which is interesting. Cuts are today so we will see if he makes it. Word around is that he is making the team but curious that he did not get any playing time but third preseason game is more of a dress rehearsal for the starters.

Nothing in this world gives me more pleasure than watching Brady struggle against a medicore team.. ah... oh yeah....

The Patriots don't gameplan for preseason games. They leave that for the regular season.

The Lions played as if it were the SB. It was laughable, the difference between how the two teams approached this game.

Well it might be laughable,but don't think Patriots will be able to do much laughing this year.They are in deep trouble.Game plan or no game plan.

You go ahead and believe that. For those of us watching this team on a daily basis, the concern isn't as high.

I have to laugh, thinking that people think that last night's game means anything.

No Amendola.

The most important defensive player didn't play (Wilfork).

No schemes.

12-4 is my prediction.

You go ahead and believe that. For those of us watching this team on a daily basis, the concern isn't as high.

I have to laugh, thinking that people think that last night's game means anything.

No Amendola.

The most important defensive player didn't play (Wilfork).

No schemes.

12-4 is my prediction.

Lol will hold you to that prediction, and if its 12 and 4, then I will say they accomplished something.

The Patriots don't gameplan for preseason games. They leave that for the regular season.

The Lions played as if it were the SB. It was laughable, the difference between how the two teams approached this game.

I agree about it being preseason and all and most here get that too. Some like to see the Pats lose no matter what. I get it. They are probably the most hated team and have surpassed the Cowboys as America's team in terms of how the football world follows their every move. I do have concerns about this season but have faith as it there is one thing Bill and his mgmt team has proven over the years is that they are able to adapt like no other team and continue to win even when key pieces are gone from the previous season. I just hope Brady wears his knee brace even at home. Never know if Giselle may want to kick him from time to time. lol. ;)

Edited by Nadine
baiting

Lol will hold you to that prediction, and if its 12 and 4, then I will say they accomplished something.

Sounds good.

Just out of curiosity, what is about the Patriots that make you think that they'll take a step down?

The defense is going to be much, much better than last year. Chandler Jones is an absolute beast, and he and Ninko will put continual pressure. Tommy Kelly looks to be an excellent addition at DT; he's a big upgrade on Love/Deaderick in the middle.

The offense will be just fine. The running game will be even better with Blount helping Ridley with carries, Sudfield is a stud TE, the new WRs look good, Amendola may be an upgrade on Welker based on what we've seen so far, especially in terms of speed and separation, etc.

Why exactly should I think there will be a dropoff? The WRs not named Welker/Amendola are actually an upgrade this season, in my opinion. Thompkins looks like an absolute steal.

it was funny.. kinda how the Patriots got loose with the ball and turned it over how many times?

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, August 23, 2013 - quoted removed post
Hidden by Nadine, August 23, 2013 - quoted removed post

Word of adv- I would just ignore Broncolt. Not worth the effort man and it just starts silly debates.

I agree about it being preseason and all and most here get that too. Some like to see the Pats lose no matter what. I get it. They are probably the most hated team and have surpassed the Cowboys as America's team in terms of how the football world follows their every move. I do have concerns about this season but have faith as it there is one thing Bill and his mgmt team has proven over the years is that they are able to adapt like no other team and continue to win even when key pieces are gone from the previous season. I just hope Brady wears his knee brace even at home. Never know if Giselle may want to kick him from time to time. lol. ;)

perhaps u need reminded its against forum rules to call out another.poster.

Sounds good.

Just out of curiosity, what is about the Patriots that make you think that they'll take a step down?

The defense is going to be much, much better than last year. Chandler Jones is an absolute beast, and he and Ninko will put continual pressure. Tommy Kelly looks to be an excellent addition at DT; he's a big upgrade on Love/Deaderick in the middle.

The offense will be just fine. The running game will be even better with Blount helping Ridley with carries, Sudfield is a stud TE, the new WRs look good, Amendola may be an upgrade on Welker based on what we've seen so far, especially in terms of speed and separation, etc.

Why exactly should I think there will be a dropoff? The WRs not named Welker/Amendola are actually an upgrade this season, in my opinion. Thompkins looks like an absolute steal.

Well lets just say I will be surprised if Brady makes it through the year. Will be watching to see how things play out.

Sounds good.

I appreciate your analysis. Sounds about the same as what some were trying to say about the Colts after losing in preseason week one. It's enough to raise some questions, but no reason to panic.

The only thing that would concern me about yesterday's game was that it was week three, when teams generally play closest to regular season speed. Even then, despite uncharacteristically sloppy play on O, your Pats' D held the Lions to only 1 TD in the first half.

I'm not seeing 12 wins (JMHO), but see nothing to prevent them from winning the AFC East title again.

I appreciate your analysis. Sounds about the same as what some were trying to say about the Colts after losing in preseason week one. It's enough to raise some questions, but no reason to panic.

The only thing that would concern me about yesterday's game was that it was week three, when teams generally play closest to regular season speed. Even then, despite uncharacteristically sloppy play on O, your Pats' D held the Lions to only 1 TD in the first half.

I'm not seeing 12 wins (JMHO), but see nothing to prevent them from winning the AFC East title again.

I think the Phins can push them hard if they hit some form and Luck like we did last season, though losing Keller is a big blow. Plus the O-line still looks suspect to me. 

Can't ever underestimate the Pats, as much as it pains me to say that. 

If the Lions ever beat the Patriots in a game that actually counts, I think they're going to hold a parade in downtown Detroit!

It will probably sound like a morning-after-twist on my part, but I'm glad it happened. With all those young-uns on the roster, it was a well-timed dookie stomping. They were cruising through the pre-season, enjoying all kinds of hype and accolades, so this will give Belichick plenty of ammo to open up a can of whoopazz on them and get things straightened out before the games are real. 

I also had to include this link of Willie Young taunting Tom Brady after forcing a throw-away. It kind of illustrates how seriously the Lions took last night's game, for whatever reason. Not to sound like a thick-headed Patriots fan, but c'mon... 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnMGOhP-QUY

(Hey, Willie Young! You've been in the NFL for three years and have 16 career tackles. You're taunting a future Hall of Famer in a preseason game. May want to reassess that strategy, big guy.) 

yeah I saw that- Brady was smiling after. It remains to be seen how disciplined this rough defense will be. I hear they don't mind and want to be rough penalties or not.  The Raiders used to take that approach so..hey if it works for them..

OAN I saw on the screen 7-8 players were fighting for the 53rd roster spot- including Tebow, Leon Washington, and I think even.

Eldlemen.   So Tebow watch.

Couple decent WR prospects too.  ahh 60 man roster would be great:)

My favorite part of preseason is when good teams are good, it's bragged about to no end, and when good teams are bad? "Welp it's just preseason."

lmao.

The real stuff can't get here soon enough.

pretty much.

I would add the 3rd game being at dress rehearsal and full speed is something other than the score doesn't count.

GOPATS has it right. If the youngin's are going to get trounced- fumbleitis <word?>  etc. best when it doesn't count.