Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots-Lions game thread.

Dustin

Wow. I find that surprising but we all have our opinions. I think when Luck is off his spot his balls lose a lot of speed and wobble at times, whereas Manning's balls were always tight and never lost much speed.

Your confusing a rookie learning to throw a deep ball in the NFL to lack of arm strength. Luck has no problem chucking the ball deep, seemingly with ease. He demonstrated that numerous times over last season.

Peyton's passes were always tight? Who were you watching lol.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your confusing a rookie learning to throw a deep ball in the NFL to lack of arm strength. Luck has no problem chucking the ball deep, seemingly with ease. He demonstrated that numerous times over last season.

Peyton's passes were always tight? Who were you watching lol.

Maybe you are right. We will see what year two brings. Plus, he could develop more arm strength through improved mechanics and weight training. For such a big guy, I thought his arm would be bigger.

Peyton threw one of the nices balls IMO of any QB I have ever seen. I don't think his arm was huge but the throws were perfect so at times he did not need the mustard.

Maybe you are right. We will see what year two brings. Plus, he could develop more arm strength through improved mechanics and weight training. For such a big guy, I thought his arm would be bigger.

Peyton threw one of the nices balls IMO of any QB I have ever seen. I don't think his arm was huge but the throws were perfect so at times he did not need the mustard.

Peyton threw lame duck passes all the time lol. They got to where they needed to go, but they were butt ugly.

Lucks offense in college wasn't about the deep ball so I think he came in the league a little stunted in that area, but he picked it up quickly under Ariand IMO. Luck's rockets are deceiving because he can make the ball fly, without really winding up like QBs typically do.

The TD to Brazill in the Lions game was a great example of his arm strength.

Peyton threw lame duck passes all the time lol. They got to where they needed to go, but they were butt ugly.

Lucks offense in college wasn't about the deep ball so I think he came in the league a little stunted in that area, but he picked it up quickly under Ariand IMO. Luck's rockets are deceiving because he can make the ball fly, without really winding up like QBs typically do.

The TD to Brazill in the Lions game was a great example of his arm strength.

lol. We must have watched two different Mannings.

You are probably right about Luck but I see a lot of throws where his arm strength is lacking. I think when he sets, he does fine but not so much when there is pressure.

lol. We must have watched two different Mannings.

You are probably right about Luck but I see a lot of throws where his arm strength is lacking. I think when he sets, he does fine but not so much when there is pressure.

It certainly wasn't every passl, but he definitely has a reputation for the wounded duck ball.

Okay, I just watched this game on my DVR last night. Here are my impressions: 

--DE Willie Young is a fool. You don't treat Tom Brady like a rookie, wag your finger at him, & cost your team good field position.  :facepalm:  Stupid penalties are gonna derail the Lions post season hopes. Just dumb IMO.

--Reggie Bush looked fantastic running the ball. 

--QB Matthew Stafford's accuracy is just awful. Missing open WRs & overthrowing guys too with no touch on the ball whatsoever.

--Detroit's front 4 pass rush is amazing, but if Matthew keeps missing open guys it won't matter. Megatron can't catch every pass. 

--Clearly an off day for the Patriots. Not Brady's fault he can't throw & catch the ball at the same time. Monday's Foxboro practice is gonna be a douse man...Ouch! 

--Not that impressed with Ryan Mallet either, but as far as backup QBs go, I will take him over Tim Tebow any day of the week. 

--Kicker David Aikers is on his last NFL roster. His confidence comes & goes. He's way too fragile & has lost his ironclad toughness. SW1 can see why the 49ers released him.

If the Lions ever beat the Patriots in a game that actually counts, I think they're going to hold a parade in downtown Detroit!

It will probably sound like a morning-after-twist on my part, but I'm glad it happened. With all those young-uns on the roster, it was a well-timed dookie stomping. They were cruising through the pre-season, enjoying all kinds of hype and accolades, so this will give Belichick plenty of ammo to open up a can of whoopazz on them and get things straightened out before the games are real. 

I also had to include this link of Willie Young taunting Tom Brady after forcing a throw-away. It kind of illustrates how seriously the Lions took last night's game, for whatever reason. Not to sound like a thick-headed Patriots fan, but c'mon... 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnMGOhP-QUY

(Hey, Willie Young! You've been in the NFL for three years and have 16 career tackles. You're taunting a future Hall of Famer in a preseason game. May want to reassess that strategy, big guy.) 

Beautifully stated GoPats! Willie Young is such an i-diot...Not only is the play childish. The game itself means absolutely nothing. Let's see Detroit stomp NE in November Willie...Nothing but crickets in the background on that one. You & Ryan Clark, safety for the Pittsburgh Steelers, need to zip it & win games that count okay.  haha

The hypocrisy up here is priceless .... perhaps you put more stock in the preseason than most. I watched Manning get blown out pretty much every preseason and never gave it a second thought as he still routinely won double digits in the regular season. Credit to the Lions they obviously played great and had something to prove. Too bad it does not count. Can't wait for Sept ....

Lets be clear... The Colts lost plenty of preseason games with Manning at the helm, but typically were leading when the first team stepped off the field. Same as we saw in all 3 games this year with Luck.

I don't care about final results in PS. I do like to see what 1s did against 1s, though. While I don't think losing to the Lions in preseason necessarily means much, your 1s got beat in what amounted to a very sloppy effort. Could be nothing, but comparing that to Manning's preseason record isn't apples to apples.

Lets be clear... The Colts lost plenty of preseason games with Manning at the helm, but typically were leading when the first team stepped off the field. Same as we saw in all 3 games this year with Luck.

I don't care about final results in PS. I do like to see what 1s did against 1s, though. While I don't think losing to the Lions in preseason necessarily means much, your 1s got beat in what amounted to a very sloppy effort. Could be nothing, but comparing that to Manning's preseason record isn't apples to apples.

Right because King Manning never had a sloppy PREseason game. Good grief ... And it was 16-3 when Brady and the first starters left the game. Hardly a blow out by any means despite the four TOs.

Right because King Manning never had a sloppy PREseason game. Good grief ... And it was 16-3 when Brady and the first starters left the game. Hardly a blow out by any means despite the four TOs.

I said as much earlier. Just pointing out that, since you introduced the Manning comparison, that losing a PS game is not the same as losing the 1s v. 1s. I'm not calling him king Manning... you are... but the Colts were typically in every PS game when the 1s got pulled.

In an earlier post, I made the point that despite a very unusually sloppy game, the Pats only allowed 1 TD when the 1s were in. No reason to panic.

I said as much earlier. Just pointing out that, since you introduced the Manning comparison, that losing a PS game is not the same as losing the 1s v. 1s. I'm not calling him king Manning... you are... but the Colts were typically in every PS game when the 1s got pulled.

In an earlier post, I made the point that despite a very unusually sloppy game, the Pats only allowed 1 TD when the 1s were in. No reason to panic.

Yeah I saw a few preseason games and he was good enough when he was in.

What a lot of people forget when talking about Manning is he'd score only to watch the defense give it back a few minutes later. He'd score again next drive and again defense gives it back. Rinse and repeat. 

So basically didn't have a lot of leads and that's pretty remarkable when one considers that.

Four TOs are not good. Period. Whether 1s or 2s or 3s are in. Defense gave a solid performance which was encouraging as that has been the weaker unit for years now.

Four TOs are not good. Period. Whether 1s or 2s or 3s are in. Defense gave a solid performance which was encouraging as that has been the weaker unit for years now.

Yeah, the turnovers did kind of surprise me too amfootball. I always laugh when TV broadcasters sing a team's praises & lay it on thick. That usually means a bad game or a Marx Brothers comedy routine is about to unfold right before your eyes. NE will be just fine. I'm not worried at all. 

Your defense is swarming to the ball & starting to click. A good sign indicating the potential for a deep Playoffs run for your club. 

Yeah, the turnovers did kind of surprise me too amfootball. I always laugh when TV broadcasters sing a team's praises & lay it on thick. That usually means a bad game or a Marx Brothers comedy routine is about to unfold right before your eyes. NE will be just fine. I'm not worried at all. 

Your defense is swarming to the ball & starting to click. A good sign indicating the potential for a deep Playoffs run for your club. 

I sure hope so. It is the secondary that needs to be better. The front seven is plenty good and deep but the back end? I dunno. We'll find out soon enough.

I sure hope so. It is the secondary that needs to be better. The front seven is plenty good and deep but the back end? I dunno. We'll find out soon enough.

Getting your butt kicked in the Preseason is a good thing. Get it out of the way early, let Bill scold ya, look at the breakdowns on film, & you come out regular season guns blazing playing like your hair is on fire.

My Colts looked awful against Buffalo, but we responded well against the Giants & the Browns. Okay, I will admit that the Browns are no real threat or contender, but my point is this: It's always better to get soundly beaten early than late in the year.

Was Talib even playing in that game? No worries amfootball; Bill will workout the kinks...