Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which Colt Players have played at a Pro Bowl level so far

Blue Horseshoe

Freeney for sure. Mathis not as much but still good.

I'm watching Wheeler. He's not at that level yet, but he seems to always be there on a play. We'll see.

Offence . . . don't know. I'm struggling with that one. It's obvious the change is difficult in the qb situation and the rhythm they are used to.

Mathis and Freeney have done really well so far. Wheeler has been making plays too. McAfee has played well. Nevis has played really well (but not at a Pro Bowl level). Angerer is playing great at MLB and is leading the league in tackles (though you could argue that tackle stats aren't accurate). Funny how most of these guys are on defense.

At a probowl level?

Freeney

Angerer

Bethea

Addai

wait for it..............

wait for it.......................

Mike Pollack. That guy has been playing lights out since he came in for Diem. He was so effective against McCoy (which I did not think he would be) they moved him around a lot to to go against the weaker parts of the oline. ( I will say that was the impression I got watching the game in a bar, I may see what actually happened rather than what I thought was happening when I rewatch it).

Wheeler has been playing really well, too but not at a probowl level IMO.

I'm watching Wheeler. He's not at that level yet, but he seems to always be there on a play. We'll see.

Are you kidding me? He dives on piles, making him look like he's always there but he is lost unless the ball carrier is right in front of him. He's a good tackler but is constantly out of position. I'd like to see him at safety.

Are you kidding me? He dives on piles, making him look like he's always there but he is lost unless the ball carrier is right in front of him. He's a good tackler but is constantly out of position. I'd like to see him at safety.

Spoken like someone who wants to go by want they've seen in the past and not what is actually happening on the field this year.

Freeney and Mathis.

Conner and Angerer have been really good at the linebacking spots but I doubt either has enough pub to make it.

McAfee.

sadly I agree, I think Bethea should have been voted in twice so far and if he Angerer continue their current level of play they should be given very strong consideration.

sadly I agree, I think Bethea should have been voted in twice so far and if he Angerer continue their current level of play they should be given very strong consideration.

Conner is becoming the new Bethea in terms of being underratd. He is Angerer's shadow but do people realize he had 18 tackles last night 14 solo? He was in double degits in the Steelers game too but people were just so excited with Angerer's 21 they didn't notice Conners.

Conner is becoming the new Bethea in terms of being underratd. He is Angerer's shadow but do people realize he had 18 tackles last night 14 solo? He was in double degits in the Steelers game too but people were just so excited with Angerer's 21 they didn't notice Conners.

Oh I noticed...I also noticed that he's #2 overall in tackles behind Angerer. Like 21isSuperman said though, I'm thinking that there will be some who attribute the high tackle numbers to the fact that other teams getting so many more plays due to the inept offense. I really don't think that should take away though because they're getting the job done regardless. I think it'd take quite a season though for them both to make the pro bowl. Doesn't mean he's not underrated though as I think he definitely is. Just explaining why I didn't include Conner in my list. :)

I also thought it was interesting that in the pregame to yesterday and even in primetime and other shows after the game, the only part of the defense getting any credit are Freeney and Mathis.

Oh I noticed...I also noticed that he's #2 overall in tackles behind Angerer. Like 21isSuperman said though, I'm thinking that there will be some who attribute the high tackle numbers to the fact that other teams getting so many more plays due to the inept offense. I really don't think that should take away though because they're getting the job done regardless. I think it'd take quite a season though for them both to make the pro bowl. Doesn't mean he's not underrated though as I think he definitely is. Just explaining why I didn't include Conner in my list. :)

I also thought it was interesting that in the pregame to yesterday and even in primetime and other shows after the game, the only part of the defense getting any credit are Freeney and Mathis.

That's because people don't recongize Bethea for reasons I am not really sure of and Angerer and Conner are just now making names for themselves. Freeney and Mathis are viewed as the established stars.

Don't you people realize the Pro Bowl is a popularity contest. It doesn't matter what a player does on the field. It's the same guys every year. I bet if you put Manning on the ballot he gets voted in. People vote for the names that are in the media the most. Our same group of guys will make it back this year. Pro Bowl is a joke.

Here is my e cents, respectfully

I agree that the Pro Bowl is a big popularity contest, but as fans I think it is clear to see why that is the case. Looking at some of the names mentioned in this thread it is easy to see why players that dont deserve to get the recognition make it to the pro bowl (some year after year). I think the fans have too much say.

Addai?

Bethea?

Wheeler?

Conner???!!!!!1

Seriously?

If you believe that any of these players have been playing at an elite level so far through 4 games, it goes to show why the pro bowl voting is such a joke.

Addai hasnt even broken 100 yards rushing in a game.

Bethea is a solid player (above average) but not worth the hype that this board gives him (the only he gets any). If you have watched all the games this season you cant possible argue that he is playing at an elite level. Did you not see the tackle attempt on Benn in the TB game? Got saved by the ref (out of bounds call). No picks, no forced fumbles. one fumble recovery. Sorry, I dont see the hype.

Wheeler and Conner? Tackles are great, but sometimes it feels like people dont watch the game and judge play based on the stat sheet. Tackles are very misleading. Remember a player is credited with a tackle if they touch a player while on the ground or if they push them out of bounds. Dont think for a second that Conner has made 14 strong tackles in a game. Never going to happen.

So far this season this team has two possible pro bowlers. Freeney and Mathis. Any player mentioned outside of that is strictly based on homerism and or past performance.

I don't think he is fast enough for safety. He's also pretty big at 240 lbs to be a safety

Pat Angerer then in 2nd its Mathis then Bethea then Freeney!!! And I have to add Lefeged would be in 3rd if the boneheaded coaching staff wouldve played hiom instead of Caldwell because there would be 2 ints instead of 1 and the last one wouldve been a pick 6!!! just saying

Addai is averaging 4.6 yards per carry ... He is in the top 20 right now - top 7 in the AFC with 25 less attempts than the over all leader - the leader has 468 yards - Addai has 230 so give him 25 more carries at 4.6 that would be 115 more for 345 which would put him in the top 10 over all and top 3 for AFC.... No, Addai hasn't been the leagues best but he is having a good year so far - IF he stays at this pace / picks up - he could very well have pro-bowl numbers.

If I'm betting, only Freeney. If I'm just showing my homer pride I say Freeney, Mathis, and possibly Angerer if he keeps getting 10+ tackles with a couple more 20 tackle games.

Just noticed Angerer is on pace for 200 tackles! :omg:

Don't you people realize the Pro Bowl is a popularity contest. It doesn't matter what a player does on the field. It's the same guys every year. I bet if you put Manning on the ballot he gets voted in. People vote for the names that are in the media the most. Our same group of guys will make it back this year. Pro Bowl is a joke.

Yes and no. For most fans yes it is. However the fan vote only counts as a third. Coaches and players also vote and it's sorta a popularity contest with them too but they also pay attention to things as do some fans. If it was just a pure popularity contest then a guy like Joseph Addai would have never been voted the pro-bowl starter at running back his second year in the NFL.

Here is my e cents, respectfully

I agree that the Pro Bowl is a big popularity contest, but as fans I think it is clear to see why that is the case. Looking at some of the names mentioned in this thread it is easy to see why players that dont deserve to get the recognition make it to the pro bowl (some year after year). I think the fans have too much say.

Addai?

Bethea?

Wheeler?

Conner???!!!!!1

Seriously?

If you believe that any of these players have been playing at an elite level so far through 4 games, it goes to show why the pro bowl voting is such a joke.

Bethea is a solid player (above average) but not worth the hype that this board gives him (the only he gets any). If you have watched all the games this season you cant possible argue that he is playing at an elite level. Did you not see the tackle attempt on Benn in the TB game? Got saved by the ref (out of bounds call). No picks, no forced fumbles. one fumble recovery. Sorry, I dont see the hype.

Wheeler and Conner? Tackles are great, but sometimes it feels like people dont watch the game and judge play based on the stat sheet. Tackles are very misleading. Remember a player is credited with a tackle if they touch a player while on the ground or if they push them out of bounds. Dont think for a second that Conner has made 14 strong tackles in a game. Never going to happen.

So far this season this team has two possible pro bowlers. Freeney and Mathis. Any player mentioned outside of that is strictly based on homerism and or past performance.

While i can see some point to what u are saying. I think that you are wrong about Bethea. It may be a vote of popularity, but Bethea is popular cause he is a good Safey and he holds the Defense together. Although they defense hasnt been that great except maybe up front, it ould be alot worse if Bethea wasn't out there gong after receivers that the young guys are missing or playing to far away from to have an impact.

Nobody. If one of our players was named a pro bowler after playing the way they're played so far, I'd feel like it was a charity vote and almost be insulted by it.

Are you SERIOUS?!?!?!? Freeney and Mathis almost single handedly make the defense decent!

While i can see some point to what u are saying. I think that you are wrong about Bethea. It may be a vote of popularity, but Bethea is popular cause he is a good Safey and he holds the Defense together. Although they defense hasnt been that great except maybe up front, it ould be alot worse if Bethea wasn't out there gong after receivers that the young guys are missing or playing to far away from to have an impact.

Good point amff. But I think it goes to my bigger point. People always complain about how players make it to the Pro Bowl on name recognition and popularity alone. Now imagine that this board had the final say on who made the Pro Bowl, do you agree that a lot of non deserving players would make the squad? I am not saying that Bethea (or anyone else mentioned in this thread) is not a good player, what i am saying is that answering the question truethly (not as a Colts fan) you cant include him in the discussion. Not through the first four games. I dont think he has impacted this years defense the way he has in the past, and I do not think that he is playing on a higher level than all the other safeties in the AFC.

Yes he is a key to the secondary and the D, but that does not warrant a Pro Bowl spot.

Freeney, Mathis and maybe Bethea. That's about it. But does anyone remember when Bob Sanders and Troy Polomalu were out for a large majority of the season and they still got voted into the Pro Bowl? That would be funny if the same happened with Peyton. rotflmao

Addai is not playing at a pro bowl level, there are tons of better backs in the AFC McFadden, Jackson, MJD, and Foster just ran for 155 yards in his first full game and he gets going he might get in. Addai also only has 1 TD.

its very hard for players on winless team to get into the pro bowl but I think Freeney will. maybe Angerer. I'd bet Mathis gets in before Angerer though.

This board is ridiculous.

Not a single person deserves a PB spot, although at least 1 will make it on name.

This 'Freeney for sure' garbage makes me want to puke.

Get used to hearing the name Tambi Hali because come Sunday he's going to show everyone in Indy how to make a PB bid.

This board is ridiculous.

Not a single person deserves a PB spot, although at least 1 will make it on name.

This 'Freeney for sure' garbage makes me want to puke.

Get used to hearing the name Tambi Hali because come Sunday he's going to show everyone in Indy how to make a PB bid.

No one is saying ever single person deserves a spot in fact the three names you see the most are Freeney, Mathis, and Bethea. All three are former probowlers who have the name recongnation to get there and in the case of Freeney and Mathis are having very good seasons. Just about every team in the NFL has at least one pro-bowl player every year. Based on the fact Freeney has been good and he has become the face of the team without Manning and he's the guy the who gets the pub for national games and is playing pretty well in them it's very realistic to think he will go this year.

As for the other odds and ends those are peoples opinions. Are they as realistic? Probably not but that's what fans of every team does. You ask any team in the NFL and their fans are going to tell you the names of about 10 guys who should go to the pro-bowl.

As for Hali, I don't think anyone said that he wasn't a good player so I don't see the point of bringing him up. There is room for both him and Freeney as well as at least two others on the pro-bowl roster.