Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Let's Talk NY Giants!

Smonroe

Their first team looked pretty good last week.  This is going to be a very good test.

Strengths - Their D line is deep and strong.  Maybe the best in the league. 

They have two WRs that can wreak havoc.

Oh yea, they have some kid at QB that looks okay too... his name is on the tip of my tongue...

This might be an even match since the Giants 1 vs 1 and so on unlike the Bills who only had 2 qbs 

Okay this reply confuses me :hmm: The Bills only had 2 QB but they were both rookies and we still got taken to the wood shed. :funny: Sorry had to say it. haha  I still don't understand why they didn't play Hasselback longer than they did. :dunno:

I know OP will say it's only a preseason game but I would think you would still want to play to win or at least come close. JMO of course.

Okay this reply confuses me :hmm: The Bills only had 2 QB but they were both rookies and we still got taken to the wood shed. :funny: Sorry had to say it. haha  I still don't understand why they didn't play Hasselback longer than they did. :dunno:

I know OP will say it's only a preseason game but I would think you would still want to play to win or at least come close. JMO of course.

The Bills played there ones for most of the 1st half and Manuel only started doing well in the second quarter(20 points) when the Colts had already begun to pull their ones.

Everyone knows what Hasselbeck can do by now and his roster spot isn't under scrutiny. Harnish, however, has more to prove. Hasselbeck needs the least playing time of all of our QBs imo.

In the BIlls game, we played the 1s for the first Q.  That gave them game speed practice.  From then on it was mostly subs, and the coaches wanted to see what they could do.  There was no interest in winning the game, only winning their assignments.

I think after Irsay got on them, they're going to game plan a little and we'll see the starters for a little longer.  But if the Giants start getting to Luck, I hope they pull him early again.

Their first team looked pretty good last week.  This is going to be a very good test.

Strengths - Their D line is deep and strong.  Maybe the best in the league. 

They have two WRs that can wreak havoc.

Oh yea, they have some kid at QB that looks okay too... his name is on the tip of my tongue...

...Curtis Painter

In the BIlls game, we played the 1s for the first Q.  That gave them game speed practice.  From then on it was mostly subs, and the coaches wanted to see what they could do.  There was no interest in winning the game, only winning their assignments.

I think after Irsay got on them, they're going to game plan a little and we'll see the starters for a little longer.  But if the Giants start getting to Luck, I hope they pull him early again.

I don't have a problem pulling Luck but Harnish isn't going to be playing anyway so let Hasselback play longer than 2 or 3 snaps. If we keep Harnish it will probably be on the PS. Just my thoughts for what they might be worth.  haha

I don't have a problem pulling Luck but Harnish isn't going to be playing anyway so let Hasselback play longer than 2 or 3 snaps. If we keep Harnish it will probably be on the PS. Just my thoughts for what they might be worth.  haha

You're really playing Harnish because you don't want your back up QB to get hurt playing behind 2nd and 3rd string O linemen.  And against guys who are fighting for their lives to make a team.

It's good for Harnish too.  He can show that he has a future in this league, even if it isn't with the Colts.  Yeah, I agree, it's probably the PS for him.  We're carrying at least one FB, so it's not like we have any roster spots to waste for a guy who never plays.

I am interested to see how we run against that front, that is the only thing that will slow down those pass rushers. If we can get Werner active, I would like to see how well we can get after Eli Manning.

Plus, solid fundamentals in ST tackling would be refreshing. Other than that, some signs of life from our second and third string pass rush and secondary would be nice.

Guest TeamLoloJones

I wonder if Luck shakes Painter's hand before or after the game and thanks him for not having to be drafted by the Rams or Browns.

Indeed! I'd like a full qtr or more from Luck, and 2nd and part of 3rd by Hasselbeck.  Harnisch can wrap up the last of the 3rd and final qtr.  in the 3rd game I would like 3 qtr's from Luck, and final qtr from Hasselbeck. No Harnisch. In the last pre game,  Luck can play one snap, and Hasselbeck one snap of last preseason game and Harnisch can play all of the rest of the game while contemplating going to the waiver wire shortly thereafter.

You're really playing Harnish because you don't want your back up QB to get hurt playing behind 2nd and 3rd string O linemen.  And against guys who are fighting for their lives to make a team.

It's good for Harnish too.  He can show that he has a future in this league, even if it isn't with the Colts.  Yeah, I agree, it's probably the PS for him.  We're carrying at least one FB, so it's not like we have any roster spots to waste for a guy who never plays.

Besides, we have Boomstick on the field and he is our emergency QB.  :36dancing:   :rock:

Besides, we have Boomstick on the field and he is our emergency QB.  :36dancing:   :rock:

If it were up to him, he'd KO, punt, kick extra points AND play 3rd string QB if they let him.

No one better complain about that 7th round draft pick!

I would actually do it the other way around, personally. I'd play QB3 with the second string, that way he can actually perform with some decent supporting cast members. Then I'd play QB2 with the third string, that way they benefit from his experience and we can see some of the backend options with a decent quarterback.

If it were up to him, he'd KO, punt, kick extra points AND play 3rd string QB if they let him.

No one better complain about that 7th round draft pick!

Funny you should say that. Last year at Colts camp he did line up at WR for a play or two. I was kidding him about it he just said he was a jack of all trades. Him and Vinny are the best with talking to the fans. I haven't been able to go this year due to health problems. Peace.

Funny you should say that. Last year at Colts camp he did line up at WR for a play or two. I was kidding him about it he just said he was a jack of all trades. Him and Vinny are the best with talking to the fans. I haven't been able to go this year due to health problems. Peace.

Sorry to hear that, it sounds like a blast.  Training camp is too much of a drive for me, but I'm heading up from Bama for the Browns game.  And then two regular season games.  

I started following McAfee on twitter.  He's a mad man.  Great representative for the Colts and the community.