Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mark Sanchez Gets Booed at scrimmage

HtownColt

At times, it looked and sounded like last season for Mark Sanchez. He committed a "Butt Stumble," threw an interception and heard boos Saturday night from the announced crowd of 6,000 at the New York Jets' annual Green & White scrimmage.

"I think that's bullcrap," cornerback Antonio Cromartie said of the fans' reaction to his interception of Sanchez on an overthrown deep pass.

Sanchez (6-for-11, 93 yards) stumbled and fell on his rear end while dropping back to pass, a sack that conjured up comparisons to his infamous "Butt Fumble" from last season. He also overthrew a wide-open Clyde Gates in the end zone.

Sanchez salvaged an otherwise shaky performance by launching a 57-yard touchdown pass to Stephen Hill on the final play of the controlled scrimmage, countering a solid night by rookie Geno Smith.

Smith completed nine of 16 passes for 77 yards, with no turnovers. The second-round pick got the start and worked mostly with the first-team offense because it was his turn in the quarterback rotation.-ESPN.com

The Jets really should have cut Sanchez and ate the money. The fans hate the guy. It is going to be so tough for him this year if he does get to play QB. Every mistake is going to be magnified and the butt fumble will be showed at nauseum all season. Just wait to the Jets play the Pats again - butt fumble galore. I will take bets that ESPN shows it no less than a dozen times during the course of both games.

The Jets just seem like awful fans, when a guys confidence is down and he starts doing bad things booing him is hardly going to help.

The guy should try and get traded to another team that needs a QB because the guy isn't that bad, he's just on a bad streak.

Only two teams I see that could be lifted by qb play and they are both in the AFC South. Jags and Titans. However, Titans have  Fitzpatrick as a backup and I still like him. Always thought a new town would do him some good. Henne has something to prove as well but, both teams would be smart to replace one QB with Sanchez if the opportunity presented itself.

The Jets had a way out of this last season, and did not take it.

I would be upset too if I were a Jets fan..I couldn't imagine the Colts allowing Painter to continue playing year after year, which is essentially what the Jets are doing.

Sanchez is in a horrible situation.. Not a big fan of the guy or anything, but he has to deal with the NY media and his offensive weapons consist of mediocre talent at best. The team set very high expectations for Sanchez his first 2 years after making the AFC Championship... But their D has become consistently worse and they have done nothing to bring in guys to improve their O

I hate that we were beaten by the Sanchize last year! That one is still burning me.

It's probably going to be another long year for the Jets. Rex and company still haven't

made any major improvements to the offense outside of changing schemes. And to top it all

off I think their ability to run the football actually got worse with the addtion of

Chris Ivory. I have questions about whoever is buying the groceries on offense for this team.

Sanchez is bad but they sure aren't doing him any favors with the personnel that surrounds him.

The Jets fans have every right to hate their QB. I could understand criticizing the fans if it was simply a bad QB, but this is Mark Sanchez! This guy will be on the cover of NFL blooper reels for decades. The Jets are paying him tons of money, he poses nude, he makes tons of mistakes, he's entering his 4th season... This isn't your average run of the mill bad QB. Meanwhile, you have a backup 1st round QB in the wings who is less turnover happy licking his chops.

The Jets fans are understandably frustrated. Even Fireman Ed gave up after they lost to New England on Thanksgiving night 19-49. Jets fans are tired of the jokes. They want a team that doesn't make fools of themselves.

I don't think the boos are uncalled for.  As a fan, you expect the players to perform well.  Sanchez was drafted very high and the team has tried to help him by sticking with him through times where he shouldn't have been their starter.  These guys are professionals and you expect them to be able to do their job competently.  I don't think booing is a big deal.  And keep in mind these are Jets fans.  Like Eagles fans, Jets fans are born booing.

I recall a lot of "booos" pre Manning.  And even a few when Manning was here.

Let Geno show the Jets the glory of a first year QB playing with a HORRIBLE O cast.  

Jets fans deserve what they get at times but I also recall more than a few boos from Colts fans directed at Curtis Painter over the years he was here.