Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

5 reason why Colts will win the AFC South

Everyone

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure everyone is sick of articles and ready for the season to start(Tknight85)lol but since it's still a few weeks away here is another article about the Colts enjoy!

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/five-reasons-why-indianapolis-colts-win-afc-south-191800362.html

How dare you just put me out there like that haha

Just soo rude. I'm telling the Mods on you!! lmao

I would have felt better about this article if it was written by a independent writer that isnt part of the colts or a fan

That's true; but those 5 reasons are actually legit. Any writer could've said that. They all do make sense.

It's just up to us to put it all together

My 5 reasons: Matt Schaub, Matt Schaub, Matt Schaub, Matt Schuab, Matt Schaub, and Matt Schaub.

That is 6 reasons BHC!!!!  6 GOOD reasons... :)

there are days I read the forum and think we all partied to much, come on Brent tell us all what u really had at the birthday party last weekend, whatever it is, get me some quick , mom,   95 Tomorrow and hasn't tried anything but prescription yet, its about time , maybe even we can get her to stop babying me 

The most compelling reason author Daniel Biehl gave in my mind was our upgraded defense with Chapman & Landry IMO...No discussion of our offensive line? Really? How bout our RB tandem? Sigh...

Also saying that the Colts have the best QB in the AFC South next to Jake Locker and Blaine Gabbert isn't exactly a deep, profound, or earth shattering statement...Next to those 2 QBs, who wouldn't be deemed the best QB in their division? That's like saying anyone who can complete a pass to a TE or WR is a franchise caliber QB.  :lol:  :funny:

The most compelling reason author Daniel Biehl gave in my mind was our upgraded defense with Chapman & Landry IMO...No discussion of our offensive line? Really? How bout our RB tandem? Sigh...

Also saying that the Colts have the best QB in the AFC South next to Jake Locker and Blaine Gabbert isn't exactly a deep, profound, or earth shattering statement...Next to those 2 QBs, who wouldn't be deemed the best QB in their division? That's like saying anyone who can complete a pass to a TE or WR is a franchise caliber QB.  :lol:  :funny:

no names but at least noted under new offense caters to strengths 

Noted was

The Colts were a little bit too one dimensional a year ago, so building a power running game should only help improve the offensive efficiency.

My 5 reasons: Matt Schaub, Matt Schaub, Matt Schaub, Matt Schuab, Matt Schaub, and Matt Schaub.

I realize that the Texans are our primary division rival, but just like Peyton Manning when he was in INDY, Matt Schaub needs to show the league that he can win in the post season. He is capable of playing well. You just never know if Matt will throw TDs or picks when the stacks are the highest. Don't be so quick to dismiss Schaub completely. Consistency is Matt Schaub's fundamental weakness. 

I will acknowledge though that this is a make a break year for Houston & if they want to make a SB run this season is it. Why? Next season INDY will be on the warpath for a Championship. Now or never Matt. Put up or shut up Mr. Schaub. There are a lot of NFL experts who question Matt's ability to lead the Texans to the Promiseland just like #18 had his doubters & detractors..."If not now, when?" Answer: Probably never. 

no names but at least noted under new offense caters to strengths 

Noted was

The Colts were a little bit too one dimensional a year ago, so building a power running game should only help improve the offensive efficiency.

Nice observation there Barry. I skimmed the article too fast & missed that line you bolded. Thanks for highlighting that crucial point. ;)  :D  

Great article !!! I feel we will win the division this year.  Alot of the holes have been taken care of, and the depth on this team is something I haven't seen in a long time.  GOOOOO Colts !!!!

2 excellent points JlynRN! I just worry about how quickly we gel as units & work together as units...Pass rushers aid the secondary...O-line holes aid the running backs...punters pin your opposition deep & force your adversary to run the whole field in order to score...SW1 just doesn't know how fast each piece will solidify to dominate games down the stretch.

But, we are unselfish squad though. We don't care who gets credit for individual stats just win the game. Unselfishness across the 53 man roster usually spells a Lombardi trophy in the near future. 

I realize that the Texans are our primary division rival, but just like Peyton Manning when he was in INDY, Matt Schaub needs to show the league that he can win in the post season. He is capable of playing well. You just never know if Matt will throw TDs or picks when the stacks are the highest. Don't be so quick to dismiss Schaub completely. Consistency is Matt Schaub's fundamental weakness. 

I will acknowledge though that this is a make a break year for Houston & if they want to make a SB run this season is it. Why? Next season INDY will be on the warpath for a Championship. Now or never Matt. Put up or shut up Mr. Schaub. There are a lot of NFL experts who question Matt's ability to lead the Texans to the Promiseland just like #18 had his doubters & detractors..."If not now, when?" Answer: Probably never. 

Yeah but Peyton wasn't a glorified game manager he was considered an elite qb when he dealt with those playoff losses, and he excelled in regular season big games (Colts vs Bucs 2003). So their was never a question of Peyton's talent as a qb, however those same things cannot be said about Schaub at this point in his career without a monster season. In the GB and NE games from last year when foster was neutralized the Hou offense fell apart at the seams. Schaub isn't the type of guy who can led his team with just his arm, heck we watched Andrew show more potential in his rookie year than Schaub has in his 9 years in the NFL. Case in point Luck had 7 game winning drives, Schaub in 9 years has only had 12 plus the texan's as a team have only been good for the past two years during Indy's disaster then rebuilding year(s). I still think Hou only keep the division title warm for us, now that Indy has a competitive team again we'll see what Hou is made of plus their schedule is a lot tougher this year.     

BANNED!  BANNED!  EVERYONE IS BANNED! Behold my mod muscles! :strong: :strong: :strong:

In regards to the article, some of it is a bit iffy.  I'm not saying I disagree, but I think the margin by which we have the best WR corps is small.  Houston has a lot of good receivers.  And our special teams could use some work.  They were improving under Marwan Maalouf, but he left for Miami.  So it's hard to say how our special teams will do next year.  And Vinny definitely showed that he is no longer a young kicker.  He had quite a few misses, if I recall correctly.

That's true; but those 5 reasons are actually legit. Any writer could've said that. They all do make sense.

It's just up to us to put it all together

im not saying his reasons are not legit, but if an independent writer wrote this there would be more weight to this hypothesis

Yeah but Peyton wasn't a glorified game manager he was considered an elite qb when he dealt with those playoff losses, and he excelled in regular season big games (Colts vs Bucs 2003). So their was never a question of Peyton's talent as a qb, however those same things cannot be said about Schaub at this point in his career without a monster season. In the GB and NE games from last year when foster was neutralized the Hou offense fell apart at the seams. Schaub isn't the type of guy who can led his team with just his arm, heck we watched Andrew show more potential in his rookie year than Schaub has in his 9 years in the NFL. Case in point Luck had 7 game winning drives, Schaub in 9 years has only had 12 plus the texan's as a team have only been good for the past two years during Indy's disaster then rebuilding year(s). I still think Hou only keep the division title warm for us, now that Indy has a competitive team again we'll see what Hou is made of plus their schedule is a lot tougher this year.     

You make several good points rabidfan77. If you take away Foster, Schaub does struggle in some cases to get a 1st down & move the chains. But, going deep in the Playoffs is all about 2 things: not turning the ball over & a tight, stout defense. Houston & Indy are overflowing with talent & this year's division battle is gonna be 1 hades of a dogfight IMO. Neither team is going to roll over & play dead. I don't see an easy banner trampling here personally on our side. It's a toss up. Last year is ancient history. It means nothing. We all hit the reset button & start from scratch. Yes, the final 2 minute drills were impressive for Luck no question, but if Luck can improve why not Schaub? 

2 excellent points JlynRN! I just worry about how quickly we gel as units & work together as units...Pass rushers aid the secondary...O-line holes aid the running backs...punters pin your opposition deep & force your adversary to run the whole field in order to score...SW1 just doesn't know how fast each piece will solidify to dominate games down the stretch.

But, we are unselfish squad though. We don't care who gets credit for individual stats just win the game. Unselfishness across the 53 man roster usually spells a Lombardi trophy in the near future. 

Snoknockind wants to know what is with the 3rd person references all the time? 

Would definitely be a very tough challenge but I'm sure the Colts are up to the task. Especially Laron Landry, heard Overton and Pat talking about how crazy and jacked the dude is on Dakich. Landry is probabaly ready to blow some people up, hopefully he can remain healthy. I have a strong feeling this D is going to be nasty. The O should be fine also, pending on how the OL holds up. I think as long as the Colts don't lose many players to the injury bug they should be fine but it seems every year the Colts lose players, most teams do for that matter. I just hope we can stay healthy.

All of the points made in the article are debatable except the 2nd and 4th ones. They could all pan out, though. Its not that far a of a stretch to think that Luck will outpace Shaub next season. The WR core is probably going to look very good if that is the case. While the WRs we have may be the 3rd best group in the division, they could be the best unit stat-wise in the division as well. Titans have a very talented young group, but you'll never see it until they get a QB. 

I think that the writer makes an interesting (albeit, not entirely original) point about ST play. Our core special teamers are prolific ballers (Pat and Adam). Vinny has had some accuracy issues on intermediate kicks his whole career, especially the last few seasons, but his clutch factor is still through the roof, even on long kicks. Pat gets better at pinning opponents back every season he plays and I expect him to continue to improve. The depth on the defense is going to spill onto special teams to some degree. Hopefully that translates into some bad punts to return and blocked/missed FGs for opposing clubs. We have some burners for returns (Williams, T.Y.) and some players who have shown some talent in punt coverage (Vaughn, Butler... this is where the trouble with Brazill and Lefeged hurts, though) The wild card here is the coaching... it seemed like we were more aggressive last season (under M.M.) than in years past... I'm hoping that the trend will continue under McMahon....

Would definitely be a very tough challenge but I'm sure the Colts are up to the task. Especially Laron Landry, heard Overton and Pat talking about how crazy and jacked the dude is on Dakich. Landry is probabaly ready to blow some people up, hopefully he can remain healthy. I have a strong feeling this D is going to be nasty. The O should be fine also, pending on how the OL holds up. I think as long as the Colts don't lose many players to the injury bug they should be fine but it seems every year the Colts lose players, most teams do for that matter. I just hope we can stay healthy.

The Bart Scott story was pretty funny.

I believe it's our division for the taking because we were literally one fluke of a pass from the division crown. If Blaine Gabbert doesn't get the best pass of his lackluster career on us in the final seconds of the game, Houston is back in our shadows. But that's perfectly fine, the AFC South better be on notice of the Indianapolis :coltslogo: this season.

There will be NO MERCY shown!!

*does war cry*

No mention of Tebow in the article? A travesty.

It was on 1070 am sports radio, they had Pat McAfee and long snapper Matt Overton on talking about mutiple things. It was pretty funny stuff. Pat just talked about a couple encounters particularly with Bart Scott of the Jets and JJ Watt.

It was on 1070 am sports radio, they had Pat McAfee and long snapper Matt Overton on talking about mutiple things. It was pretty funny stuff. Pat just talked about a couple encounters particularly with Bart Scott of the Jets and JJ Watt.

When did he encounter those two? I don't remember any of his kicks being blocked or anything this year lol. Sounds like good stuff though. Kickers/punters always seem to be funny guys who look at things in a different light than everyone else. Ever heard Kluwe talk? Guy is eccentric too lol.

When did he encounter those two? I don't remember any of his kicks being blocked or anything this year lol. Sounds like good stuff though.

With Bart Scott it was when the Colts played the Jets in the playoffs, was an odd story about them talking smack to eachother which ended very oddly to say the least. With JJ Watt not really sure, they just said he basically walked right through them both as they were talking then he started spitting and doing his crazy war cries, lol.

With Bart Scott it was when the Colts played the Jets in the playoffs, was an odd story about them talking smack to eachother which ended very oddly to say the least. With JJ Watt not really sure, they just said he basically walked right through them both as they were talking then he started spitting and doing his crazy war cries, lol.

Oh the things Sound FX misses that could reel in even more viewers. :popcorn: