Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Apparently Vladimir Putin stole Bob Kraft's Super Bowl ring.

Dustin

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's just bizarre, and if he really did take it (rather than assume it were a gift) it says a lot about Putin that I'll keep in mind when following the often unsettling news coming from his country.

Of course I'm also unsettled  by the vast quantity of ignorance demonstrated in the comments section.

That's just bizarre, and if he really did take it (rather than assume it were a gift) it says a lot about Putin that I'll keep in mind when following the often unsettling news coming from his country.

Of course I'm also unsettled by the vast quantity of ignorance demonstrated in the comments section.

Rule 1 of the internet: Never read the PFT comment section.

most mainstream sites have cleaned up their comment sections in recent years. but they used to all be a disgusting demonstration of human nature

I haven't noticed all that much cleaning up. I'm often particularly horrified by YouTube - just disturbing sometimes (I try not to read them). For instance any video featuring a cute pet will inevitably have a comment from some sociopath describing what he'd like to do to it. Anyone performing will be told how bad they are (and that they are ugly to boot). Even if it's just meaningless trolling, I just don't get it. A window into the lives of some disturbed people - thanks to our friend the internet. Lots of good, lots of really bad. You would think that a company like google would have come up with a more efficient way of dealing with this by now.

Maybe Putin still thinks he still heads the KGB as opposed to being a President & diplomat now...The SB ring looked shiny & flashy & Putin said to himself "what Vladimir wants...Vladimir gets...It's Christmas in Russia. Ho! Ho! Ho?"

"The George W. Bush White House urged him not to make an issue of the theft because of concerns about the incident damaging U.S.-Russian relations." What? That is ridiculous! Give Kraft his ring back. Put Robert  Downey Jr. & Iron Man on the case...

Iron Man 4: Power, Putin, & Peace In Boston...

I haven't noticed all that much cleaning up. I'm often particularly horrified by YouTube - just disturbing sometimes (I try not to read them). For instance any video featuring a cute pet will inevitably have a comment from some sociopath describing what he'd like to do to it. Anyone performing will be told how bad they are (and that they are ugly to boot). Even if it's just meaningless trolling, I just don't get it. A window into the lives of some disturbed people - thanks to our friend the internet. Lots of good, lots of really bad. You would think that a company like google would have come up with a more efficient way of dealing with this by now.

yeah youtube is still pretty bad. but a lot of major site comment sections have been cleaned up by forcing users to give real information or tying to their facebook & twitter accounts. i know the indystar comments used to be awful

Maybe Putin still thinks he still heads the KGB as opposed to being a President & diplomat now...The SB ring looked shiny & flashy & Putin said to himself "what Vladimir wants...Vladimir gets...It's Christmas in Russia. Ho! Ho! Ho?"

"The George W. Bush White House urged him not to make an issue of the theft because of concerns about the incident damaging U.S.-Russian relations." What? That is ridiculous! Give Kraft his ring back. Put Robert  Downey Jr. & Iron Man on the case...

Iron Man 4: Power, Putin, & Peace In Boston...

He Does they just call it the FSB I believe but still in his pockets though he'd love the world to think otherwise

FSB = The Federal Security Service of the Russian Federation  

I also may be wrong but article says this occurred in 2005 & notes a few KGB agents as Putins excorts / body guards , They may be taking literary freedom so we recognize what was meant, but at the time I think the FSB already existed and the KGB was gone by name at least

I guess Kraft recently told this story which prompted a denial from putin

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/16/world/europe/russia-putin-ring/?hpt=hp_t2

very interesting

He said she said across the world

Either one can easily afford to make a duplicate , Putin should this way he gets the original and shows he made a compromising gesture

Krafts  reputation is not in question here, Putin is , always has been seen & always will be in a bad light, the gesture would help but to a minimal overall extent and soon forgot except in football pages

He said she said across the world

Either one can easily afford to make a duplicate , Putin should this way he gets the original and shows he made a compromising gesture

Krafts  reputation is not in question here, Putin is , always has been seen & always will be in a bad light, the gesture would help but to a minimal overall extent and soon forgot except in football pages

If I gave the impression that I was questioning Kraft, I apologize

I don't question what he says

If I gave the impression that I was questioning Kraft, I apologize

I don't question what he says

no u didn to me, u were just pointing out putins responce & I gave a he said she said analogy  that it seemed to turn into to & basic trust issues we all I imagine have with PUTIN 

He Does they just call it the FSB I believe but still in his pockets though he'd love the world to think otherwise

FSB = The Federal Security Service of the Russian Federation  

I also may be wrong but article says this occurred in 2005 & notes a few KGB agents as Putins excorts / body guards , They may be taking literary freedom so we recognize what was meant, but at the time I think the FSB already existed and the KGB was gone by name at least

Interesting Barry. Thanks for dropping some serious knowledge on SW1 buddy. KGB evolves into FSB. It's like "duck, duck goose" the kid's game everybody still has a seat except Putin just has a new title now. "Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss." Hades, he is the old boss except he wears tailor made suits now. Ha! Ha! Just Kidding! 

"I had an emotional tie to the ring, it has my name on it,” Kraft said. “I don’t want to see it on eBay." --Robert Kraft

1 question Mr. Kraft: Couldn't you just call Tiffany's up & say that you want them to look up your 2001 SB ring specifications & have the personnel there in unison with the NFL make you another ring? I'm sure he can afford the additional expense. Is that forbidden? I don't see why it would be a problem if Mr. Kraft came into the ring manufacturer & requested the duplication ring service directly...

Wow, that would make a great fictional spy thriller. Tom Clancy's next international bestseller: Fate, Foxboro, & Full Fledged Ring Retrieval: You Defied The Wrong Owner Vladimir.  haha 

The Bear is not dead,it only went to sleep for a while,and is about to show its teeth again.They have never been our friend or ally and never will be.

The U.S. would have never won World War II without Stalin's help Jay. But, I will admit that Hitler attacking Russia was the real reason why Stalin changed his allegiance from Germany to America in 1941.

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/germany-launches-operation-barbarossa--the-invasion-of-russia

The U.S. would have never won World War II without Stalin's help Jay. But, I will admit that Hitler attacking Russia was the real reason why Stalin changed his allegiance from Germany to America in 1941.

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/germany-launches-operation-barbarossa--the-invasion-of-russia

I Agree with the analysis Brother, might add it was self preservation on both sides of that,to rid the world of a great evil.

I Agree with the analysis Brother, might add it was self preservation on both sides of that,to rid the world of a great evil.

I wasn't trying to flex my intellectual muscles or show you up Brother. You know how much I respect you. It's just that American History is my specialty. I have a Master's degree in it & I like to apply what I've learned whenever the situation calls for more historical perspective. I often say that I am very loyal to my friends unless they betray me & pull an "Operation Barbarossa" on my caboose then all bets are off. Translation: Don't cross me or take advantage of my loyalty.

Plus, American Indian History is so fascinating to me. There were some incredible tribal leaders throughout history: Tecumseh, Sitting Bull, Geronimo, Black Elk, Crazy Horse etc. It did bother me though that the Seal Team Operation was code named "Geronimo" to symbolize the capture of Osama bin Laden versus the sophisticated stealth that the U.S. soldiers used to carry out their mission with precision.  In other words, the code name didn't represent Bin Laden the terrorist, but rather the successful U.S. mission to bring this horrible man to justice IMO. Geronimo was a brilliant guerrilla tactician who used his knowledge of the terrain, climate, weather, & quiet reconnaissance methods to bring the U.S. cavalry almost to it's knees.  

I agree with you 100% self preservation was absolutely needed on both Russia & America's side to bring the Second World War to a close. Well said Jay. Bravo!  :thmup:

without doubt, worst move by Hitler, did catch Soviets of guard as had a treaty, but the resulting quagmire and death toll to Hitlers troops is what allowed the allies on the other front to press onward 

Mother Russia as they say is so vast that like before when invaded, u do give up territory early, but the shear size of the country allows u to regroup and counterattack in force, When Russia finally built the The t 32 they really pressed the fight   , was  the best tank of the time thats why Germany based their Panther on it

Our tanks were nothing, but were mass produced so we had tons of shermans finally and also a mechanical turret , Germans had to hand crank their to turn, so we at least got more shots off but not untill later years fiitted with a better gun could one hope to compete with the German super 88's that were fitted to their tanks

The same famed gun ringing the bunkers of Normandy

Interesting Barry. Thanks for dropping some serious knowledge on SW1 buddy. KGB evolves into FSB. It's like "duck, duck goose" the kid's game everybody still has a seat except Putin just has a new title now. "Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss." Hades, he is the old boss except he wears tailor made suits now. Ha! Ha! Just Kidding! 

Dont believe he is its official leader, but also do believe he always controlled it

http://www.fas.org/irp/world/russia/fsb/   

Interesting history in its 1st link,   

• The largest fragment of the KGB. the Federal Counterintelligence Service, later renamed the FSB [Federal Security Service], was responsible for counterintelligence.

2nd is directors 

Its 3rd link says this 

The three months that President Putin gave the Federal Security Service (FSB) to reform itself are coming to an end. Vladimir Putin signed off on a decree launching the reorganization of the FSB on July 11, 2004

But the changes he made were really just face lifts it says , and Putins men still in charge 

so who runs it if he can do with it what he wants

VARIOUS ARTICLES < GOOGLE SEARCH

https://www.google.com/search?q=The+Federal+Security+Service+of+the+Russian+Federation&rlz=1C1CHNY_en&oq=The+Federal+Security+Service+of+the+Russian+Federation&aqs=chrome.0.57j0l3j62l2.754j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

say 3 times fast

Federal Security Service (FSB) or in Ruskie
Federal'naya Sluzhba Bezopasnosti

http://www.fas.org/irp/world/russia/fsb/

I wasn't trying to flex my intellectual muscles or show you up Brother. You know how much I respect you. It's just that American History is my specialty. I have a Master's degree in it & I like to apply what I've learned whenever the situation calls for more historical perspective. I often say that I am very loyal to my friends unless they betray me & pull an "Operation Barbarossa" on my caboose then all bets are off. Translation: Don't cross me or take advantage of my loyalty.

Plus, American Indian History is so fascinating to me. There were some incredible tribal leaders throughout history: Tecumseh, Sitting Bull, Geronimo, Black Elk, Crazy Horse etc. It did bother me though that the Seal Team Operation was code named "Geronimo" to symbolize the capture of Osama bin Laden versus the sophisticated stealth that the U.S. soldiers used to carry out their mission with precision.  In other words, the code name didn't represent Bin Laden the terrorist, but rather the successful U.S. mission to bring this horrible man to justice IMO. Geronimo was a brilliant guerrilla tactician who used his knowledge of the terrain, climate, weather, & quiet reconnaissance methods to bring the U.S. cavalry almost to it's knees.  

I agree with you 100% self preservation was absolutely needed on both Russia & America's side to bring the Second World War to a close. Well said Jay. Bravo!  :thmup:

As you know im into history heavy myself Lol Brother there was no offense taken.American Indian history is very dear to me as well , because that blood flows thru my veins,Tecumseh was a guerrilla tactician as well and a leader of people,his down fall was his brother IMO , along with advanced tech.Im right smack in the old stomping grounds of his.

As you know im into history heavy myself Lol Brother there was no offense taken.American Indian history is very dear to me as well , because that blood flows thru my veins,Tecumseh was a guerrilla tactician as well and a leader of people,his down fall was his brother IMO , along with advanced tech.Im right smack in the old stomping grounds of his.

Take a look at my farm Jay (Jackson County)...the Shawnee had a camp along the spring branch that runs from my woods down to the East Fork of the White River...pretty neat.  tons of arrowheads and history.

indiana-tribes-map.jpg

Take a look at my farm Jay (Jackson County)...the Shawnee had a camp along the spring branch that runs from my woods down to the East Fork of the White River...pretty neat.  tons of arrowheads and history.

indiana-tribes-map.jpg

Brother ive got to come down there ! :excited:  :jump:

Brother ive got to come down there ! :excited:  :jump:

Corn may impede the fun brother....:)  We need to set something up!!

It always amazed me to see how such a small stream....2 feet wide...could be such a wonderful water source for a camp....ice cold and fresh out of the ground.

Corn may impede the fun brother.... :)  We need to set something up!!

It always amazed me to see how such a small stream....2 feet wide...could be such a wonderful water source for a camp....ice cold and fresh out of the ground.

Natural spring they were smart people,when I get in areas like that I can hear my spirit man calling,can almost feel the presence of the old ones  :funny: its almost like Field of Dreams

Here are 6 words that equaled one word= PEACE  One of my favorite presidential quotes in history, and definitely my lifetime:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NjNL4Nsa4Q

dont see the 6 words only the u tube video that is titled , oh that saying is 6 words and yes I loved whenever the Gipper said that

"Mr. Gorbachev - tear down this wall." - Ronald Reagan, Berlin, 1987

My words were not chose right we were allies at that time although still very much advasaries.What worries me is Syria right now,it seems we may be on a collision course with the Bear