Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck 1-on-1 Interview with Clark Judge of CBS Sports....

NewColtsFan

Judge is their Senior NFL Analyst....

I thought he asked lots of good off-season type questions...

About what happened last year.... 

And about how things will be different this year.....

A good 1-on-1...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/clark-judge/22388798/colts-luck-on-what-to-improve-everything-especially-accuracy

You'll probably notice, Luck is very savvy at giving answers that don't step on anyone's toes....  his mind is always working not to say the wrong thing.   He's aware that if he phrases something poorly or reveals too much that that itself could turn into a next day story...   something he has to apologize for, or walk back,  or clarify....    that's something Luck works very hard to avoid....

You'll probably notice, Luck is very savvy at giving answers that don't step on anyone's toes....  his mind is always working not to say the wrong thing.   He's aware that if he phrases something poorly or reveals too much that that itself could turn into a next day story...   something he has to apologize for, or walk back,  or clarify....    that's something Luck works very hard to avoid....

I think that has to do with his lineage, he may say his Dad didn't didn't do much back seat coaching, but you gotta believe he has a lot to do with Andrew's demeanor. 

Not only is he wise beyond his years on the field, but very polished with the media, You just know he was well prepared for prime time in both areas.

I can't say enough about how mature, humble, and accurate this quote is.

Q: There's a lot of pressure with being a No. 1 draft pick, but you had the added pressure of having to follow Peyton Manning. How satisfied were you with the way things turned out?

Luck: "I think satisfied would be the wrong word to use. I'm happy to be in Indianapolis, and I'm thankful for a great locker room of guys, a great organization and a great owner. As far as having success, yeah, I'm glad we had a bit of success. Did we do everything we wanted to do? No. Everybody wants to go undefeated and win the Super Bowl. And as far as following Peyton ... I never viewed it as following Peyton, and maybe part of it was naivete. But try to wake up and fill his shoes every day. Good luck. You'll go crazy in a couple of weeks. Because what he did was remarkable. To me, it wasn't following him. It was a great opportunity to play football professionally with a great team, so I'll take it as that."

Judge is their Senior NFL Analyst....

I thought he asked lots of good off-season type questions...

About what happened last year.... 

And about how things will be different this year.....

A good 1-on-1...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/clark-judge/22388798/colts-luck-on-what-to-improve-everything-especially-accuracy

He's mastered the non-speak. Having a parent who played in pro sports helped. But even Peyton, who was always great at it, slipped up once in a great while and said what he really meant. The media lives for those moments. Remember the press conference after the Pittsburgh game in 05?

I think Luck's mind is like a chess master, he sees the consequences of his actions before saying anything and adjusts his answers accordingly. Not many people, and especially not many athletes, can do that.

Luck is the total package. 

I guess I should actually thank Curtis Painter for being so terrible that we got the #1 pick the next year and got the best QB we could've ever dreamed of/hoped for. 

As I have said here a few times, thank you Bill Polian. He set us up so if we ever did lose the pass happy Manning we wouldn`t go 6-10,

we would stinkaroo. and get a good draft pick. Chuckle chuckle, beyond our wildest dreams.

We are on the brink of an amazing Roster turnaround it looks to me. Very exciting!!!!!!

Yes the wins were a treat last year, tho we watched a BUNCH of Bad Colts FB along the way.

It would be great to see a bit more controversy now and again. Just for fun.

There really is no upside being frank and honest with the today's media. The 24 hour non stop grind to find/create a story has made the modern athlete censor himself to a ridiculous degree.

He's mastered the non-speak. Having a parent who played in pro sports helped. But even Peyton, who was always great at it, slipped up once in a great while and said what he really meant. The media lives for those moments. Remember the press conference after the Pittsburgh game in 05?

I think Luck's mind is like a chess master, he sees the consequences of his actions before saying anything and adjusts his answers accordingly. Not many people, and especially not many athletes, can do that.

Really good post! 

I hope many eyes will read it.....

And the chess master analogy works perfectly as well..!      :thmup:

(by the way,  it'll also apply to football..!)

There really is no upside being frank and honest with the today's media. The 24 hour non stop grind to find/create a story has made the modern athlete censor himself to a ridiculous degree.

Exactly, that's the fun part.

QFT!  It appears to be a big dog and pony show on who can be the most lukewarm to get a pass.  Get to Hot or Cold and you ignite more scrutiny.  No win for athlete, just writers and readers.