Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bears OL Gabe Carimi traded to Bucs

MTC

I remember somebody on here (can't remember who) said that we should sign him to replace Castonzo. I'm surprised that Tampa would even want him with how bad he's been since he's entered the league. Especially last year. At least they didn't give up much for him.

Keep in mind they traded him before mandatory mini camp started so I question if the Bears have even seen him or if he has improved. Not all playes get the luxury of a heads up your traded before it takes place and he only has 16 starts under his belt

Before the draft, Carimi came out and said he was the best offensive tackle (or maybe offensive lineman) in the whole draft.  Better than Tyron Smith, Nate Solder, Castonzo, all those boys.  Now, those guys (who were all taken ahead of him) are all starting on the teams they were drafted by while Carimi has been traded for a 6th round pick.  I'm surprised at how he has been a bust.  Wisconsin usually produces really good offensive line talent.  But he is still young and I'm sure he would rather be on a promising team in the NFC South where he faces weaker defensive lines than the NFC North where his opponents had good offensive lines.

Keep in mind they traded him before mandatory mini camp started so I question if the Bears have even seen him or if he has improved. Not all playes get the luxury of a heads up your traded before it takes place and he only has 16 starts under his belt

I think I read something last week that said he hasn't been at OTAs so far. Might be mistaken...

Before the draft, Carimi came out and said he was the best offensive tackle (or maybe offensive lineman) in the whole draft.  Better than Tyron Smith, Nate Solder, Castonzo, all those boys.  Now, those guys (who were all taken ahead of him) are all starting on the teams they were drafted by while Carimi has been traded for a 6th round pick.  I'm surprised at how he has been a bust.  Wisconsin usually produces really good offensive line talent.  But he is still young and I'm sure he would rather be on a promising team in the NFC South where he faces weaker defensive lines than the NFC North where his opponents had good offensive lines.

I was semi envious of the Bears draft that year. They got Carimi, Paea and Conte in the first three rounds. We got Castonzo, Ijalana and Nevis. I think everyone expected Carimi to be a solid starter at the very least, even though he was probably going to be a right tackle. What's happened in the last year is strange to me.

What a total scrub this man has been since in the NFL wisky usually makes good linemen aswell. 

He suffered a dislocated knee at Wisconsin, then dislocated the same knee two games into his rookie season. The 2nd dislocation turned out to be worse than expected, and he underwent more surgery to try and "tighten up" the ligaments. This was because the knee has a higher chance of re-injury and his lateral mobility is shot. He'll also be more susceptible to ACL and other ligament injuries going forward.

So, Carimi was pretty much doomed from the get-go. I've had broken bones in my day, but I'd gladly take that over "dislocated knee" on my medical file lol. It's a tough break, but man, the Chicago fans were brutal on him. Carimi did play bad football, but in all fairness, the Gabe Carimi they drafted and got the first two games his rookie year isn't the guy the knee dislocation turned him in to. 

Anyone have the totals on how many sacks Carimi gave up last year?

he barely played so i dont think it was that high.

anyways, is not always about the numbers is about the impact...the guy sucked and was benched on an OL that really sucked.

thats like major sucking.

man that sounded so bad