Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would the Jags be open to trading Blackmon considering his off the field troubles?

jshipp23

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank god you are not our GM

Yeah, cause I wouldn't want to give up a third, thirds have way less value than Justin Blackmon. It's not like we got T.Y. Hilton there two years ago. T.Y. didn't out perform Blackmon. I see the error of my ways.

It's not out of thin air, it's been discussed that they would be willing to move him, and there were some games last year he showed flashes of what he could be...He needs a QB and a better atmosphere , but his talent is undeniable..If I got stuck in Jacksonville with Blaine Gabbert I'd probably want to drink too....He has the talent to be a top 5 receiver, and the reason It is even a possibility to trade for him is because of the off field trouble....He is worth a late 1st round pick, it's just alcohol, if he learns to call a cab he will be fine

Sorry, I have an issue with your comment 'it's just alcohol'. I have no clue if he is an alcoholic but if he is what does a cab have to do with his problem? Have you ever been around an alcoholic? Have you first hand knowledge of how and what alcohol abuse can do to a person and or family? Maybe I took your comment out of context but as it's stated it seems like if he did have an alcohol problem by calling a cab he would be fine. Alcohol may be legal but it is the #1 drug that is being abused because of that fact. 

Sorry, I have an issue with your comment 'it's just alcohol'. I have no clue if he is an alcoholic but if he is what does a cab have to do with his problem? Have you ever been around an alcoholic? Have you first hand knowledge of how and what alcohol abuse can do to a person and or family? Maybe I took your comment out of context but as it's stated it seems like if he did have an alcohol problem by calling a cab he would be fine. Alcohol may be legal but it is the #1 drug that is being abused because of that fact. 

I think your comment is out of left field. He has two DUIs... there are people who rarely drink but will drink-drive, whilst there are alcoholics who won't go near a vehicle... one is not overly indicitive of the other.

The vast majority of professional athletes still indulge in alcohol. It seems Blackmon's decision-making whilst drinking has been his problem, but I have seen no indication of a drink problem.

I'm just saying it is legal at least and the 2 dui's are what got him in this mess, if he had just called a cab it would have been avoided...I've dealt with it too and know how horrible it can be, but I don't think there is substantial proof he is an alcoholic, just young thinking he is above the law and making poor decisions..My guess is this all will humble him and he will get to work knowing what's at stake for him...

Lol yep. I could see the two of them taking the AFC by storm and beating the Broncos in the Championship to face the Pack in the big game.

Did you miss the game this year when Blackmon had 7 receptions for 236 yards against your Texans??????? I don't think the Colts have anyone that can put those numbers up at the moment, maybe DHB will be that guy...He certainly has the physical tools to do so, and I hope he does..

Yeah, if they did, Cleveland Browns would pounce on him to get the Weeden-Blackmon connection going.

I find myself in the "no thanks" camp, despite questioning if there was any way Blackmon was Irsay's Wopper a few months ago...

But Chad, your post raises a question for me (sorry if I'm detailing a little)... Your idea of reuniting college teammates was a popular theme last year, but has there ever been a top tier duo to speak of? I can't recall any (other than the power Luck-Whalen or Luck-Fleener combos that blew away the NFL record books last year).

I find myself in the "no thanks" camp, despite questioning if there was any way Blackmon was Irsay's Wopper a few months ago...

But Chad, your post raises a question for me (sorry if I'm detailing a little)... Your idea of reuniting college teammates was a popular theme last year, but has there ever been a top tier duo to speak of? I can't recall any (other than the power Luck-Whalen or Luck-Fleener combos that blew away the NFL record books last year).

After living in Cleveland 6 years and seeing the ineptitude of their front office despite who was there...I have to say that drafting Brandon Wheedon had to be 1 of the dumbest 1st round picks I've ever seen in my life...I can see McCoy starting for them eventually this season...

Did you miss the game this year when Blackmon had 7 receptions for 236 yards against your Texans??????? I don't think the Colts have anyone that can put those numbers up at the moment, maybe DHB will be that guy...He certainly has the physical tools to do so, and I hope he does..

Was that the same game where AJ put up 273? I think you are overrating the guy, he might not be number one material, but then again, he would be a good tool alongside another solid guy. But I don't think the Jaguars would trade him to you anyway. They aren't that stupid.

After living in Cleveland 6 years and seeing the ineptitude of their front office despite who was there...I have to say that drafting Brandon Wheedon had to be 1 of the dumbest 1st round picks I've ever seen in my life...I can see McCoy starting for them eventually this season...

Colt is with the 49ers now.

Yeah, cause I wouldn't want to give up a third, thirds have way less value than Justin Blackmon. It's not like we got T.Y. Hilton there two years ago. T.Y. didn't out perform Blackmon. I see the error of my ways.

While I agree Blackmon has made himself less valuable because of off the field issues, if it was just on the field stuff teams would take Blackmon as more valuable then TY.

Reality is TY Hilton had Andrew Luck, the consensus best quarterback under the age of 25 throwing the ball to him.  Justin Blackmon had Blaine Gabbert the consensus worst quarterback in the NFL and Chad Henne a consensus career backup throwing the ball to him.

However the off the field stuff is a very solid argument.  I wasn't aware that Blackmon was in so much trouble though that he would be suspended a full year if he had one more violation.

I know he was caught with some PED's in his system but that's the last I heard.  Did I miss something?

Colt McCoy?? Colt no longer is a Brown. Weeden wasn't that bad of a pick, albeit not a first rounder though. He reminds me of an older Andy Dalton. Give him some experience and someone to throw the ball to and I think he'll be fine. Hopefully Josh Gordon can be a consistent target for him.

I'm not sure which pick was worse, Weeden or Richardson.

Colt McCoy?? Colt no longer is a Brown. Weeden wasn't that bad of a pick, albeit not a first rounder though. He reminds me of an older Andy Dalton. Give him some experience and someone to throw the ball to and I think he'll be fine. Hopefully Josh Gordon can be a consistent target for him.

By the time he has experience they'd have to look for someone to replace him when he retires...

Err, we have DHB on a one-year contract and Wayne is likely going to retire in 2 years. I think a future #1 is definitely a need.

Draft 1 then, there's gotta be better prospects than Blackmon in the next few years, that are not head cases.

I like Werner, but I wonder if a few years down the road we don't seriously regret not taking Patterson...

Meh, Patterson and DHB were basically the same prospect. Patterson has better hands and DHB is faster, but aside from that they're very smiliar.

I remember Blackmon not being the fastest guy, not being a great route runner, or having great hands. He's just good at all 3 while being tall. Is this generally correct?

He has catches everything, has great hands and gets the ball, he doesn't let it hit his body, he just snatches it...

Actually TY didn't outperform Blackmon despite Blackmon playing for a terrible franchise with terrible QBs....

I remember Blackmon not being the fastest guy, not being a great route runner, or having great hands. He's just good at all 3 while being tall. Is this generally correct?

Basically, except that he's not really tall either. He's only 6'1". So he doesn't have elite size. He basically doesn't have elite anything.

Basically, except that he's not really tall either. He's only 6'1". So he doesn't have elite size. He basically doesn't have elite anything.

If it weren't for the off-field stuff I can guarantee we would trade anyone on our team not named Luck for Blackmon...

Aside from that, how did you like the play Mrs. Lincoln?

Im not for trading for Blackmon and as a matter fact Im against it but Blackmons year cant be overlooked of 5td's and 865 yards receiving on 65 receptions with Blaine freakin Gabbert as his QB, Thats over half his TD's to Blackmon during the 10 starts last year, Blackmon is capable of some big years with a real QB throwing to him......Like I said I still would not trade for him however, Im a firm believer in your QB making your wr's better then what they normally would be with some average (or below average) QB

Im not for trading for Blackmon and as a matter fact Im against it but Blackmons year cant be overlooked of 5td's and 865 yards receiving on 65 receptions with Blaine freakin Gabbert as his QB, Thats over half his TD's to Blackmon during the 10 starts last year, Blackmon is capable of some big years with a real QB throwing to him......Like I said I still would not trade for him however, Im a firm believer in your QB making your wr's better then what they normally would be with some average (or below average) QB

That's kinda the point, if he can do that with Gabbert, imagine him with Luck and all the other weapons??

Actually TY didn't outperform Blackmon despite Blackmon playing for a terrible franchise with terrible QBs....

Actually TY did out perform Blackmon. Blackmon had 64 receptions for 865 while Hilton had 861 with only 50 receptions. Also despite Blackmon being more of a "prototypical" outside guy and T.Y. being a "slot", T.Y. also had more touchdowns.

Actually TY did out perform Blackmon. 

This simply isn't true.

Hilton led the league in dropped passes and finished 4 yards behind Blackmon despite Blackmon playing with a far worse QB and an offense that passed nowhere near the amount of times we did.

You guys are giving Justin Blacmon wayyy too much credit. He's really not that good.

He didn't have a single 100 yard game until the Texans laid that egg on defense when they had a shootout with the Jags. Who ever heard of someone in a shootout with the Jags?

Actually TY did out perform Blackmon. Blackmon had 64 receptions for 865 while Hilton had 861 with only 50 receptions. Also despite Blackmon being more of a "prototypical" outside guy and T.Y. being a "slot", T.Y. also had more touchdowns.

Receptions advantage: Blackmon

Yards advantage: Blackmon

And TY has a better QB...

But yet, TY outperformed him??  I like TY, dont get me wrong, but dont be too much of a homer

Receptions advantage: Blackmon

Yards advantage: Blackmon

And TY has a better QB...

But yet, TY outperformed him??  I like TY, dont get me wrong, but dont be too much of a homer

Hilton had the same yardage with less receptions. He had a better average of yards per catch and yards after catch. How is the receptions advantage pro Blackmon?

I think your comment is out of left field. He has two DUIs... there are people who rarely drink but will drink-drive, whilst there are alcoholics who won't go near a vehicle... one is not overly indicitive of the other.

The vast majority of professional athletes still indulge in alcohol. It seems Blackmon's decision-making whilst drinking has been his problem, but I have seen no indication of a drink problem.

I am sorry but if 2 DUIs at his age is not a sign of a drinking problem then what is? Anyone that drinks and then don't have the sense not to drive does have a drinking problem no matter what your opinion is. There is no excuses. 

I am sorry but if 2 DUIs at his age is not a sign of a drinking problem then what is? Anyone that drinks and then don't have the sense not to drive does have a drinking problem no matter what your opinion is. There is no excuses.

Or it's a sign he doesn't think clearly when he has been drinking...a common problem among us humans. He may or may not have a drinking problem, but two DUIs isn't necessarily a sign of that.

I'm just saying it is legal at least and the 2 dui's are what got him in this mess, if he had just called a cab it would have been avoided...I've dealt with it too and know how horrible it can be, but I don't think there is substantial proof he is an alcoholic, just young thinking he is above the law and making poor decisions..My guess is this all will humble him and he will get to work knowing what's at stake for him...

While you are entitled to your opinion the facts speak for themselves. Being young has zero to do with not being able to control ones drinking. Anyone who drinks knows exactly what it takes to get drunk. If you go over that limit then you have a problem. He may very well get control over the problem but let him do it on someone else time and money, not the Colts. That's is just my opinion.

Which is why we'll draft Sammy Watkins next year :thmup:

In all honesty, we will need to start thinking about our future wr needs, but Blackmon isn't anywhere in that picture.

It seems someone doesn't want me posting videos or Sammy Watkins highlights.

Or it's a sign he doesn't think clearly when he has been drinking...a common problem among us humans. He may or may not have a drinking problem, but two DUIs isn't necessarily a sign of that.

Jeez, when anyone drinks to the point they are not thinking clearly there is a problem. Why is it because alcohol is legal it OK to abuse that drug? And make no mistake, alcohol is a drug when ingested into the human body. The attitude that you take is exactly why alcohol is the #1 abused drug. Drug and alcohol abuse is one area I am very educated on. The #1 problem with alcohol is the denial of the problem. 

Jeez, when anyone drinks to the point they are not thinking clearly there is a problem. Why is it because alcohol is legal it OK to abuse that drug? And make no mistake, alcohol is a drug when ingested into the human body. The attitude that you take is exactly why alcohol is the #1 abused drug. Drug and alcohol abuse is one area I am very educated on. The #1 problem with alcohol is the denial of the problem.

By that logic 85% of college kids have drinking problems.

I don't think alcohol being a drug needs to be clarified.