Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Greg Toler Showing Out

From George Bremer...

http://heraldbulletin.com/sports/x1167594142/Colts-Notebook-Luck-enjoys-first-taste-of-OTAs

the clear defensive MVP on Wednesday was cornerback Greg Toler. The fifth-year veteran, signed away from the Arizona Cardinals to replace Jerraud Powers, broke up passes intended for tight end Coby Fleener and wide receivers Darrius Heyward-Bey and T.Y. Hilton during red-zone drills. He showed the athleticism and instincts that made him an offseason priority for general manager Ryan Grigson. “We’re really happy with Greg,” defensive secondary coach Mike Gillhamer said. “He’s coming here with a great attitude. He’s so powerful. He might be the big-game cat, like a cheetah or something. He’s just so powerful and can spring, and his attitude’s been awesome. He’s been everything that we hoped he’d be.”

I think the secondary will be the most improved unit, more than DL, this year, IMO.

Pagano and his history of secondary coaching will start making its mark this year with the talent added.

I expect QBs' completion % to be less than 60 vs the Colts secondary but not more than that.

We allowed 62.4% completion vs the pass, with 23 TDs and 12 INTs.

I am predicting less than 60% completion, 20 TDs or less, and more than 1 INT per game (16 INTs or more) for the year from our secondary.

Toler played great last year with Cardinals he was just injury prone. If he can stay healthy along with Vontae we should be ranked 10 to 15 in pass defense.

What I read was that he had hamstring problem most of last year. The article also said that this was often the case the first tear after ACL surgery. I'm not a doctor just passing on what I read.

He was like top 5 in opposing QBR I think.. And against the teams second best WR. So he's not elite but he's very very good :)

I could be mistaken, but I believe he was #1 actually. That would by definition be 'elite'. Although Patrick Peterson was likely covering opposing #1 WRs, it's still impressive.

I'd be excited but last year Powers was showing up in the OTAs. It's a little different when you can hit and people are wearing pads.

powers was always good in practice, but timid in the game. never liked to take a chance