Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

vaugh intercepts luck in redzone in otas

Stephen

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always remember Tim Jennings because you think you know but really you just never know.

Meh he had a great year but it doesn't suddenly make me not to throw at him, Great year but I wonder if he can come anywhere close to those numbers again

Meh he had a great year but it doesn't suddenly make me not to throw at him, Great year but I wonder if he can come anywhere close to those numbers again

Posters had him as bottom of the barrel talent and then has a great year, was 1 of the best CBs all season. Colts fans were wrong about him.

Posters had him as bottom of the barrel talent and then has a great year, was 1 of the best CBs all season. Colts fans were wrong about him.

No we weren't. He sucked. His 1 good year in Chicago doesn't negate his terrible years here.

No we weren't. He sucked. His 1 good year in Chicago doesn't negate his terrible years here.

Agreed. His Colts years maybe totally different than his Bears years, but based solely on Colts years, he was average at best. Could be our defensive schemes then or it could be that he just plain got better and is a different CB now.

He was terrible and is now a premier CB. We thought he was garbage and wasn't going to amount to anything. Shows how much we know. And this is a " what have you done for me lately" league, what he was like in Indy doesn't really matter.

He was terrible and is now a premier CB. We thought he was garbage and wasn't going to amount to anything. Shows how much we know. And this is a " what have you done for me lately" league, what he was like in Indy doesn't really matter.

Sure it does. That's like saying Falcons fans were wrong about Vick being a terrible passer because he put up one good passing year in Philly.

sure, OTAs and Training camps are to get players ready to regular season, still players shall perform on regular games. Playing well in OTA means nothing for regular season.

Playing well in OTAs means nothing for regular season? Really?  Playing well in OTAs opens doors to those who are on the bubble. Without the OTAs to show their talent there would be no chance at even being in a regular season game. Exactly what does still players shall perform on regular games mean? 

You can't be serious giving Jennings the "Premier CB" title off of one year.

If he does it again then sure. But I think he just benefited from a good defense. At one point in the year; the Bears defense was arguably the best one

You can't be serious giving Jennings the "Premier CB" title off of one year.

If he does it again then sure. But I think he just benefited from a goos defense. At one point in the year; the Bears defense was arguably the best one

I agree, "premier corner" is a stretch. He had a lot of picks, but still missed a lot of tackles and gave up big plays.

I agree, "premier corner" is a stretch. He had a lot of picks, but still missed a lot of tackles and gave up big plays.

One interception that shouldn't have counted. That pick against us was a lame call. Dude was offside so it's a free play. But that's fine, we still made the playoffs while they sat at home

*sticks tongue out at bears*

It took him 7 years to show up in the league and when he finally does he is a premier corner? at soon to be 29 no less. The title premier Corner should go to a younger player who busted out for a big year who has years to go in the league.......Richard Sherman for example is a premier Corner to me ...Another player that is still young and teams simply try to avoid throwing it who is a premier corner is Darelle Revis ......Those are premier corners, not someone who stunk up the joint for most of his career who finally broke out and had a big year......Whats he gonna do next year? Thats my question

It took him 7 years to show up in the league and when he finally does he is a premier corner? at soon to be 29 no less. The title premier Corner should go to a younger player who busted out for a big year who has years to go in the league.......Richard Sherman for example is a premier Corner to me ...Another player that is still young and teams simply try to avoid throwing it who is a premier corner is Darelle Revis ......Those are premier corners, not someone who stunk up the joint for most of his career who finally broke out and had a big year......Whats he gonna do next year? Thats my question

Richard Sherman is not a Premier CB, Richard Sherman is a SAVAGE! haha

I'm not too surprised by this, Tim Jennings was a bit of a scapegoat for Colts fans. He was extremely raw when he played for us and it showed but he has been turning his career around since he went to Chicago. No one here would believe Tim Jennings would have a very good year anywhere.

Hence my original statement, " we think we know but we really don't know. "

Playing well in OTAs means nothing for regular season? Really?  Playing well in OTAs opens doors to those who are on the bubble. Without the OTAs to show their talent there would be no chance at even being in a regular season game. Exactly what does still players shall perform on regular games mean? 

Definitelly not, especially when it is about red zone drills...just one (however very important) segment of the whole game. Not to mention, Vaughn picked Hasselback's pass. I wouldn't derivate any prediction in connection with Vaughn's expected performance based only red zone drills.

Definitelly not, especially when it is about red zone drills...just one (however very important) segment of the whole game. Not to mention, Vaughn picked Hasselback's pass. I wouldn't derivate any prediction in connection with Vaughn's expected performance based only red zone drills.

Sorry, you didn't explain exactly what still players shall perform on regular games mean?  For you to say that OTAs means nothing for regular season games is not right. OTAs lets the coaches look at the players and then determine if they will continue into training camp and on to pre-season games. Without the OTAs and training camp how would the coaches pick who moves on to pre-season games?  There has already been a player released to sign another player. If not for what was seen in OTAs how would the coaches been able to choose who was to be cut?  You can believe that OTAs count a lot to those players that are not sure if they even make the team. 

Sorry, you didn't explain exactly what still players shall perform on regular games mean?  For you to say that OTAs means nothing for regular season games is not right. OTAs lets the coaches look at the players and then determine if they will continue into training camp and on to pre-season games. Without the OTAs and training camp how would the coaches pick who moves on to pre-season games?  There has already been a player released to sign another player. If not for what was seen in OTAs how would the coaches been able to choose who was to be cut?  You can believe that OTAs count a lot to those players that are not sure if they even make the team. 

I think we are speaking about different things. OTAs, training camps are for coaches to evaluate players and pick 53 men for the roster. But, some posters here based on 1 single pick in red zone practice believes Vaughn is still a good CB. FYI: the same article stated, that Toler was the defensive player of the day, with several deflected pass and good coverage work. so, IMO leave it to coaches to decide weather Vaughn would make the roster or not, but we shouldn't rally for a player based on a pick who was burnt several times last season.

Besides the title of the thread is misleading, as Vaughn intercepted Hasselbeck not Luck.

Were they running red zone drills? I know teams do it quite a bit, so it's not surprising if anyone at any particular time picks anyone off.

Yes was Red Zone drills,and yes when you run them over and over there will be picks,toughest part of field against defenses ,be cause of less area to cover

I'm not too surprised by this, Tim Jennings was a bit of a scapegoat for Colts fans. He was extremely raw when he played for us and it showed but he has been turning his career around since he went to Chicago. No one here would believe Tim Jennings would have a very good year anywhere.

Hence my original statement, " we think we know but we really don't know. "

and some people apparently will do anything possible to avoid saying "yeah, I was wrong about ..."

and some people apparently will do anything possible to avoid saying "yeah, I was wrong about ..."

Well they're right that he didn't play well here but wrong in that he didn't have any potential or talent.

Well they're right that he didn't play well here but wrong in that he didn't have any potential or talent.

oh i agree.  he didnt play well here.  but that could have been poor coaching, poor scheming etc.  

Without question the "Worst starter" in the league.  Lacy was not this bad....he actually had his eyes to the ball.  I have never seen a back turned to the ball like Cassius "I'm fast, but do not break up passes' Vaughn.

Between he and Gordy...a ton of wasted speed.  I hope Grigson does not want Vaughn just to return punts or kicks.

You know me, I will root him on IF he makes the team..... :coltslogo:   :coltslogo:

....lacey was the worse corner we had in years he stayed getting burned even when he played off 10 yards plus he couldnt tackle for nothing

Edited by Nadine
personal shot

Agreed. His Colts years maybe totally different than his Bears years, but based solely on Colts years, he was average at best. Could be our defensive schemes then or it could be that he just plain got better and is a different CB now.

Tim jennings always been good it was just the defense the colts were playing made him look less than average that tampa 2 defense was not what we needed too much soft man coverage and zone coverage

It took him 7 years to show up in the league and when he finally does he is a premier corner? at soon to be 29 no less. The title premier Corner should go to a younger player who busted out for a big year who has years to go in the league.......Richard Sherman for example is a premier Corner to me ...Another player that is still young and teams simply try to avoid throwing it who is a premier corner is Darelle Revis ......Those are premier corners, not someone who stunk up the joint for most of his career who finally broke out and had a big year......Whats he gonna do next year? Thats my question

How many great years has Sherman had? One. So Sherman and Jennings each had one great year. Then by your own logic, you can't call Sherman premier yet.

How many great years has Sherman had? One. So Sherman and Jennings each had one great year. Then by your own logic, you can't call Sherman premier yet.

Sherman >>> Jennings by FAR. It's no comparison. Took Jennings 5+ years to become relevant. Took Sherman 2 and he is arguably a Top 5 CB already

Hmm...then you misunderstand the logic of my post...The whole premier corner idea is a title that should be given to younger guys who have years left in the league who show to be some of the best at there position, Also Its not like Sherman had his first very good year, He had 4 picks the year before last, Prior to Jennings exploding for 9 he never had any more then 2 and one of those was with the Bears, Prior to that his first season with the Bears he had 1, So prior to last year its not like Jennings was really making much noise...He has 16 pick in 99 career games...Hes started 63 of those.......Hardly premier numbers.......None of that is to take away from the great year he had....As a matter of fact......Most consider Revis the best Corner in the game and he has never had more then 6...The difference is consistency, When Revis has played 13 or more games he has had at least 10 pass defensed every year and all but one of those years he has had at least 3 picks (2010)........Jennings had a great year last year, Deion Sanders never had 9 picks in a season...Ty Law had 2..........The question remains, What will Jennings do for an encore?

Sherman >>> Jennings by FAR. It's no comparison. Took Jennings 5+ years to become relevant. Took Sherman 2 and he is arguably a Top 5 CB already

IMO, if a player has a good year, it shows he is capable of being a good player. Right team, right scheme, etc. Sherman walked into a great defense and plays with Thomas who is fantastic and a front line that is great. Jennings went to a good defense at Chicago and is playing well. Coincidence? Put Sherman on our colts team a few years ago and let's see how he does.

IMO, if a player has a good year, it shows he is capable of being a good player. Right team, right scheme, etc. Sherman walked into a great defense and plays with Thomas who is fantastic and a front line that is great. Jennings went to a good defense at Chicago and is playing well. Coincidence? Put Sherman on our colts team a few years ago and let's see how he does.

Probably terrible because he's not a zone corner.