Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ted Brusci Picks the Colts to Win Their Division

King Colt

Yesterday May 8 on NFL Network Ted Brusci said the Colts will beat out the Texans because of Andrew Luck. Now this morning I am reading similar picks because the "Colts are more explosive on offense".(I love that word "explosive") Living in Houston I pull for the Texans but only until they play our guys. I work with a guy that hates the Colts and I love it when the Colts whoop their behinds because I show no mercy on rubbing salt in his wounds and look forward to doing it again this year.

ahhh bandwagon jumpers  :clap: very good Ted Bruschi. But theres no more room left on the wagon Teddy, sorry.  #COLTS

I'll move over and make room for him. The guy was always a warrior and I respected him as a player and a person.

I'll move over and make room for him. The guy was always a warrior and I respected him as a player and a person.

Maybe you will, but I wont. I respect his football resume but that has nothing to do with him down talking our team to be the worst in the league last year or counting us as free wins to other teams.  BANDWAGON FULL :blueshoe:

Maybe you will, but I wont. I respect his football resume but that has nothing to do with him down talking our team to be the worst in the league last year or counting us as free wins to other teams.  BANDWAGON FULL :blueshoe:

Why would he not have? Before the season we had what looked like an expansion roster on paper. No one could have predicted the incredible rookie impacts.

People deserve credit when they do something to earn it, the Colts last year were a team of misfits and kids strung together, they had no right to be ranked any higher than they were, which makes their achievements all the more remarkable, but the media should not be accused of bias or disrespect because of this.

Why would he not have? Before the season we had what looked like an expansion roster on paper. No one could have predicted the incredible rookie impacts.

People deserve credit when they do something to earn it, the Colts last year were a team of misfits and kids strung together, they had no right to be ranked any higher than they were, which makes their achievements all the more remarkable, but the media should not be accused of bias or disrespect because of this.

I expected to finish last, but I had us pegged at 6-10. but a lot of bloggers had us at 2-14 or 3-13. So it wasn't the media I had problems with but the bloggers.

The Colts last year were a team of misfits and kids strung together, they had no right to be ranked any higher than they were, which makes their achievements all the more remarkable, but the media should not be accused of bias or disrespect because of this.

Whatever. ;)

I expect these guys (journalists/analysts/talking heads) to know what they're talking about. Maybe it wasn't to you but it was obvious to me that the team was going to be better than dead last in the NFL. I in all sincerity thought they'd be around .500. They exceeded what I believe to have been a reasonable expectation. And I wasn't getting paid a dime to know it.

If these people want to put their perspectives out there as authoritative then they better to be ready to be suspected of bias and or disrespect when they so blatently miss the mark.

Let's keep it real now.

Whatever! ;)

The guy was a member of a team that cheated their way to three Super Bowl rings (one or two of which probably should've been ours to lose). He may have been a warrior but I NEVER have and NEVER will respect him or any other member of the Patriots* from this era.

Now, as an analyst....I'm listening to him all day long. He has proven to be unbaised and prepared to give credit where credit is due.

Whatever. ;)

I expect these guys (journalists/analysts/talking heads) to know what they're talking about. Maybe it wasn't to you but it was obvious to me that the team was going to be better than dead last in the NFL. I in all sincerity thought they'd be around .500. They exceeded what I believe to have been a reasonable expectation. And I wasn't getting paid a dime to know it.

If these people want to put their perspectives out there as authoritative then they better to be ready to be suspected of bias and or disrespect when they so blatently miss the mark.

Let's keep it real now.

Understood Brian but what fan doesn't expect more of their team? Of course with Luck under center I believed we were an 8 win team, but nothing was there as proof. As a league-wide analyst who must look at the bigger picture and judge players/teams on what they have done, it was a fair assessment to have us dead last, we were the worst team the year before and had lost stalwart players. Our only star defensive players were changing position, in fact most of our defense were changing to an unfamiliar scheme that did not tie in with their skillset, our offense was completely overhauled by rookies, and we had a rookie Head Coach and GM.

Any analyst would look at that and think that there is no reason this team should be immediately successful. But thank god we were.

Understood Brian but what fan doesn't expect more of their team?

Anton, I'm not some mouth-breathing clown with my face painted. I'd like to think I can make reasonable observations independent of my allegiences. I didn't throw 8 or 9 wins out there because I'm a fan. I did it because I believed our coaching/personnel/schedule called for it.

Of course with Luck under center I believed we were an 8 win team, but nothing was there as proof.

Amen but that cuts both ways. There was no proof the kid would suck...so why the default to the negative by those who would pretend to be insightful/authoritative?

As a league-wide analyst who must look at the bigger picture and judge players/teams on what they have done

Negative. You're thinking about an end of season wrap up/review. Not a prediction of future performance. It was an entirely brand new team and should've been judged on it's individual parts. Instead of being judged on a rebuilding notion.

...it was a fair assessment to have us dead last

We disagree.

Any analyst would look at that and think...

I expect more than cursory glances from people who are getting paid very well to provide insight. They were/are either lazy, incompetent or biased.

But thank god we were.

Praiz'im! ;)

The Colts will make a run for it no doubt but Baltimore and Denver will make it a fight to the finish. It will be great football and if we win it all what a three year story it will be. From disgrace to champions.

CAN'T WAIT!!

Anton, I'm not some mouth-breathing clown with my face painted. I'd like to think I can make reasonable observations independent of my allegiences. I didn't throw 8 or 9 wins out there because I'm a fan. I did it because I believed our coaching/personnel/schedule called for it.

Okay, but who could have predicted an unknown quantity in Jerrel Freeman becoming a defensive leader, or Reggie Wayne going into motion pre-snap for the first time in his life and benefiting greatly from it, or the late round rookies who made such huge contributions. I expected great thing from Luck as well but I do not like to hand out plaudits that have not been earned. I had cautious optimism.

We were a team whose success was defined by one player, that same player had 3 wins with more marquee players around him as a rookie. We were entering unknown territory with a complete revamp of the organization. I think it was a very difficult thing for even skilled analysts to call us an 8-win team. I can understand an analyst, who does not treat our team with the same insight as us due to having 31 other teams to cover, would have every right to put a team that was dead-last the previous year, and had lost key players and gained mostly rookies and outcasts, a tag as the worst team in football.

I suppose it's down to how you look at it. Do the Ravens deserve to be call the best team in football now, despite a roster overhaul?

Believe me I am critical of many of the so called analysts around the league but I cannot blame them for making us earn the right to be any higher than #32 last year.

This year however I think we deserve respect and should not realistically be outside the top 12 in any power ranking.

Even when we were winning towards the end of the year he was one who gave the Texans 2 free wins vs us.  I do see your point, great player, not a bad sports analyst, just no room on the bandwagon

Guy played even after a stroke.

I hate the Pats as much as any Colts fan but Teddy was a warrior on the field and is a better analyst than most of the others on ESPN.

Okay, but who could have predicted an unknown quantity in Jerrel Freeman becoming a defensive leader, or Reggie Wayne going into motion pre-snap for the first time in his life and benefiting greatly from it, or the late round rookies who made such huge contributions. I expected great thing from Luck as well but I do not like to hand out plaudits that have not been earned. I had cautious optimism.

Probably nobody. But I was more focused on Luck. You saw what we did with Manning. How he elevated the whole team.

I expected a similar impact from Luck. He was rated even higher than Manning coming out of College. Not 11-12 win impact but I expected him to have a .500 impact. As for the others. We still had Reggie, Free and Mathis. Add in Vontae Davis and Coby Fleener and I felt like we werent operating with a bare bones cupboard.

I think it was a very difficult thing for even skilled analysts to call us an 8-win team.

And yet it wasn't for me. Because I looked at the talent/personnel/character we had and did not see them mailing it in.

I can understand an analyst, who does not treat our team with the same insight as us due to having 31 other teams to cover...

I just don't give them a pass. It is their job to drill down past a glance at the surface....which is obviously what the majority of them did.

Believe me I am critical of many of the so called analysts around the league but I cannot blame them for making us earn the right to be any higher than #32 last year.

If I thought that was a part of their job desciption....to prove it before they make the call...then I'd think the same. But it is their job to do more than make simple observations based on past performance. Any tool can do that.

This year however I think we deserve respect and should not realistically be outside the top 12 in any power ranking.

Agreed. ;)

Yesterday May 8 on NFL Network Ted Brusci said the Colts will beat out the Texans because of Andrew Luck. Now this morning I am reading similar picks because the "Colts are more explosive on offense".(I love that word "explosive") Living in Houston I pull for the Texans but only until they play our guys. I work with a guy that hates the Colts and I love it when the Colts whoop their behinds because I show no mercy on rubbing salt in his wounds and look forward to doing it again this year.

Yep he was very high on us right after the draft, he also said he thinks the Colts will take the division. On top of that he basically called us a potential dynasty.

Whatever! ;)

The guy was a member of a team that cheated their way to three Super Bowl rings (one or two of which probably should've been ours to lose). He may have been a warrior but I NEVER have and NEVER will respect him or any other member of the Patriots* from this era.

Now, as an analyst....I'm listening to him all day long. He has proven to be unbaised and prepared to give credit where credit is due.

If you have to blame anyone for us not getting several Superbowls, it would be Mo Lewis.

We will see.

Don't worry Houston. You are back to back AFC South Division Champs & your squad does deserve credit for that like SB Champions, which I will not minimize or gloss over, but we are coming & I always welcome the opportunity to clash spears with a worthy adversary.  :hat: Nobody ever wins a game on paper I know that as well. 

Mad respect For Tedy always...Even if he said we would loose the division...

Don't worry Houston. You are back to back AFC South Division Champs & your squad does deserve credit for that like SB Champions, which I will not minimize or gloss over, but we are coming & I always welcome the opportunity to clash spears with a worthy adversary.  :hat: Nobody ever wins a game on paper I know that as well. 

Mad respect For Tedy always...Even if he said we would loose the division...

Yep. Glad to see that your opinion doesn't waver on analysts depending on what the analyst says, SW. And I'm looking forward to big brother starting big fights again! Makes things more competitive and interesting when considering who is really in charge of the house.

Yep. Glad to see that your opinion doesn't waver on analysts depending on what the analyst says, SW. And I'm looking forward to big brother starting big fights again! Makes things more competitive and interesting when considering who is really in charge of the house.

Big brother wins! My little brother at 15 was 6'2-245. Talking big smack so I had to body slam him and break his arm! Mean I know, but sometimes you have to put them in place. Lol

Big brother wins! My little brother at 15 was 6'2-245. Talking big smack so I had to body slam him and break his arm! Mean I know, but sometimes you have to put them in place. Lol

Lol well I have a sister so I never really had to worry about opening a can of whoop $$^. I totally get you though, when little brother finally gets bigger and thinks he can run things all of a sudden you have to put him in his place! The question is are the Colts up to the task this year though? For the sake of our third crown I hope not ha!

Yep. Glad to see that your opinion doesn't waver on analysts depending on what the analyst says, SW. And I'm looking forward to big brother starting big fights again! Makes things more competitive and interesting when considering who is really in charge of the house.

I love Tedy because he is always honest no exaggeration. He's a straight shooter baby what you see is what you get day in day out. Wade Philips vs Andrew Luck. Can we run vs JJ Watt & Brian Cushing? I can't wait to find out...Ed Reed & the ultimate chess game. Will he bait Luck into a bad decision & 6 points? Let's see shall we...

This is gonna be a great season in our division brother! I can feel it! 

I love Tedy because he is always honest no exaggeration. He's a straight shooter baby what you see is what you get day in day out. Wade Philips vs Andrew Luck. Can we run vs JJ Watt & Brian Cushing? I can't wait to find out...Ed Reed & the ultimate chess game. Will he bait Luck into a bad decision & 6 points? Let's see shall we...

This is gonna be a great season in our division brother! I can feel it! 

Yeah, I've always been impartial to Bruschi because his opinions and statements seem a little out there at times but he is still very respectable. I too see good things in the future of the South man. Hoping for an NFC West kind of turnaround. Except for the Jaguars...they should just stand in the corner.

Lol The question is are the Colts up to the task this year though? For the sake of our third crown I hope not ha!

Yes! The friendly jabs have already started...I love it! Tell Wade Phillips that he needs a stout, killer defense all 16 weeks okay. Not a defense that looks gets coming out of the gates but has no stamina around week 8 or so. Thanks. Just Kidding!  haha I'm just trying to be helpful man. Maybe he forgot. 

All kidding aside, Wade is a darn fine DC IMO who was railroaded in Dallas IMHO. 

Call me crazy but I have long thought Houston might be better off in the playoffs in an underdog role as a WC team. A tough running/defensive minded road warrior much like the 2005 Steelers or the 2007 Giants even. When Houston is too built up for a "big game" or favored I never seem to trust them enough. Just look at them over the years coming to Indy or playing in NE when the pressure is on for them to prove they are this elite team. But, look at them when they went to Denver last year for example when many (many especially here) picked Denver to torch them at home and since "Manning always beats the Texans." The Texans seemed more like an underdog and they thrived. And I want to hear no excuses about the time of the season matters when you play someone or Manning was still rusty, Houston carved them up, period. In 2011 those underdog Texans nearly made it to the AFCCG without Schaub.

On the flip side, last years Colts did not show us much to be confident about when they head on the road. Of course that could change this year considering we are still a pretty young squad and developing so we don't know what will happen and how soon. But, last year at home outside of one mistake vs. the Jags we were MONEY. ATM until proven otherwise I would feel much more comfortable about the Colts hosting a playoff game rather then heading to the road again.

Yeah, I've always been impartial to Bruschi because his opinions and statements seem a little out there at times but he is still very respectable. I too see good things in the future of the South man. Hoping for an NFC West kind of turnaround. Except for the Jaguars...they should just stand in the corner.

Yes, the Jags are like the Sesame Street equivalent of which AFC South team does not really belong in this division or NFL league for that matter. Okay, perhaps that was a tad harsh, but if the shoe fits...[i'm not sayin' I'm just saying]...