Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pats draft

amfootball

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/2013/04/26/patriots-draft-linebacker-jamie-collins/DwRDIKKOaPgm9NrEAPBREO/story.html

I like the players the Pats selected. They addressed every need thus far - pass rusher, WR, and DB.

DE Collins has a cool back story. His college team went 0-12 and he still had 20 tackles for a loss and 10 sacks and got invited to the Senior Bowl. What a great story.

Like the fact that the DBs are from Rutgers and will have familiarity with McCourtney in the secondary. If they work anything like McCourtney than the Pats will have a much better secondary especially with Talib and Adrian Wilson back there.

Not sure about the WR. He is from Marshall, big, good hands but most seem to think he will need some work. I am hoping he is Moss 2.0. lol. Hopefully Brady can bring him up fast. They need a threat on the outside badly. 

Here is a great little story about Harmon, the DB the Pats selected that apparently no one knew would get drafted on day two. Not even the networks.

The 6-1 Delaware native was the Patriots’ annual pick that surprised the pundits. He was not invited to the combine, and both ESPN and the NFL Network, who have hundreds of highlight packages ready for players who are drafted, did not have one for him.

Asked if he laughed about the situation, Harmon started to chuckle.

“Yeah, I did laugh. My mother, she was very excited and she was like, ‘Hold on baby, where’s your clips?’ ” he said. “I was like, ‘Mommy, I don’t think they knew I was going today, so I don’t think they had any clips ready for me.’ She was little upset about me not having clips, but me getting drafted overtook her sadness."

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Patriots are my choice to win the Super Bowl....as I mentioned in another thread.  

As everyone here knows...not a fan of the team, bur RESPECT the organizational approach of Mr Kraft and yes the 'Hoodie."

I wanted Collins on the Colts....love the kid....

That said.....love the Colts choices too....good tough kids!!!!  :)

The Patriots are my choice to win the Super Bowl....as I mentioned in another thread.  

As everyone here knows...not a fan of the team, bur RESPECT the organizational approach of Mr Kraft and yes the 'Hoodie."

I wanted Collins on the Colts....love the kid....

That said.....love the Colts choices too....good tough kids!!!!   :)

Bill has a penchant for picking the unknown guys. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Like what I saw on tape from Collins an awful lot. Him lining up opposite side of Jones should hopefully give offenses fits.

I like what the Colts did too. Addressed key needs which is what the draft is for. All that is left is to hope and pray some or most become starters.

I dont understand "liking" a teams draft because they drafted players they "needed". Unless the team is OAK - drafting "needs" are only maybe 20% of the equation to a successful draft. I cant like a player until I see him produce consistentlty - consistently help someone else produce or prevent someone else (opponent) from producing consistently.

As far as NE specifically - im not here to gas up what they are doing. (Even though I know that is why these stories get posted here - ill bite)

NE as an organization lost its respect when it got penalized for cheating.(& havent won anything since I might add)  Only in America can one man cheat & never get a second chance & another man do the exact same thing & not lose anything but money. 

NE always can have a decent draft - they will draft a shady guy & are held to a different standard for it. Need an example? I have one.

Tyrann Mathieu. Name the teams that would not get a negative reaction for drafting him. In ARI - they say its OK because P Peterson is there to "mentor" him. In DAL - they would have blamed Jerry Jones & compared him to D Bryant. OAK - no Al Davis to blame. NE - they would have put it on Bill Beli. shoulders & talked about his "success" with R Moss but not his failure with OchoCinco.

NE is a team that shouldnt easily mix well on an Indianapolis Colts website. We represent 2 different ways of getting our mail. If all teams are represented by the players they go to war with. On our side I see R Waynes - P Mannings - J Saturdays. On their side I see a shady coach that is comfortable with shady tactics & players to win.

NE is a rival - the only respect they get is to know that it means a little something extra to us when we beat them. 

I dont understand "liking" a teams draft because they drafted players they "needed". Unless the team is OAK - drafting "needs" are only maybe 20% of the equation to a successful draft. I cant like a player until I see him produce consistentlty - consistently help someone else produce or prevent someone else (opponent) from producing consistently.

As far as NE specifically - im not here to gas up what they are doing. (Even though I know that is why these stories get posted here - ill bite)

NE as an organization lost its respect when it got penalized for cheating.(& havent won anything since I might add)  Only in America can one man cheat & never get a second chance & another man do the exact same thing & not lose anything but money. 

NE always can have a decent draft - they will draft a shady guy & are held to a different standard for it. Need an example? I have one.

Tyrann Mathieu. Name the teams that would not get a negative reaction for drafting him. In ARI - they say its OK because P Peterson is there to "mentor" him. In DAL - they would have blamed Jerry Jones & compared him to D Bryant. OAK - no Al Davis to blame. NE - they would have put it on Bill Beli. shoulders & talked about his "success" with R Moss but not his failure with OchoCinco.

NE is a team that shouldnt easily mix well on an Indianapolis Colts website. We represent 2 different ways of getting our mail. If all teams are represented by the players they go to war with. On our side I see R Waynes - P Mannings - J Saturdays. On their side I see a shady coach that is comfortable with shady tactics & players to win.

NE is a rival - the only respect they get is to know that it means a little something extra to us when we beat them. 

But I suppose in your world the fact that the Colts routinely turned the dome up to 80 degrees when they played the Pats is all fair and square...and didn't your beloved Peyton once call your place kicker a "liquored up *." http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/news/2003/02/02/manning_vanderjagt_ap/

In other words, hi pot, meet kettle.

But I suppose in your world the fact that the Colts routinely turned the dome up to 80 degrees when they played the Pats is all fair and square...and didn't your beloved Peyton once call your place kicker a "liquored up *." http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/news/2003/02/02/manning_vanderjagt_ap/

In other words, hi pot, meet kettle.

What does that mean? Ill bite - exactly how does "turning the dome up to 80 degrees" or "calling a kicker anything" constitute cheating? You dont have to answer that. You cant - so I know you will just look for more childish pot/kettle references.

So this is what ill say. NE was fined and lost draft picks for cheating. Unless IND has been fined and lost draft picks then your pot/kettle reply makes no sense. 

Its cool. I knew what type a duwd you were before I responded. You troll other teams looking for attention. Im an Indy fan on an Indy website, and when I respectfully said i didnt care about NE's draft, you started talking about thermometers and kickers. Whats that about?

But the most interesting thing is this. What if you were right? What if your pot/kettle theory was true? What does that mean?

Listen - invalidating my point does not validate yours. We could cheat tomorrow - I still wouldnt care about NE.

What does that mean? Ill bite - exactly how does "turning the dome up to 80 degrees" or "calling a kicker anything" constitute cheating? You dont have to answer that. You cant - so I know you will just look for more childish pot/kettle references.

So this is what ill say. NE was fined and lost draft picks for cheating. Unless IND has been fined and lost draft picks then your pot/kettle reply makes no sense. 

Its cool. I knew what type a duwd you were before I responded. You troll other teams looking for attention. Im an Indy fan on an Indy website, and when I respectfully said i didnt care about NE's draft, you started talking about thermometers and kickers. Whats that about?

But the most interesting thing is this. What if you were right? What if your pot/kettle theory was true? What does that mean?

Listen - invalidating my point does not validate yours. We could cheat tomorrow - I still wouldnt care about NE.

Gotcha. Don't care about NE but here you are on the NFL General section on a Pats thread with the two longest posts. Not sure what spygate has to do with this year's draft but carry on like it does...

As far as NE specifically - im not here to gas up what they are doing. (Even though I know that is why these stories get posted here - ill bite)

NE as an organization lost its respect when it got penalized for cheating.(& havent won anything since I might add) Only in America can one man cheat & never get a second chance & another man do the exact same thing & not lose anything but money.

NE always can have a decent draft - they will draft a shady guy & are held to a different standard for it. Need an example? I have one.

Tyrann Mathieu. Name the teams that would not get a negative reaction for drafting him. In ARI - they say its OK because P Peterson is there to "mentor" him. In DAL - they would have blamed Jerry Jones & compared him to D Bryant. OAK - no Al Davis to blame. NE - they would have put it on Bill Beli. shoulders & talked about his "success" with R Moss but not his failure with OchoCinco.

NE is a team that shouldnt easily mix well on an Indianapolis Colts website. We represent 2 different ways of getting our mail. If all teams are represented by the players they go to war with. On our side I see R Waynes - P Mannings - J Saturdays. On their side I see a shady coach that is comfortable with shady tactics & players to win.

NE is a rival - the only respect they get is to know that it means a little something extra to us when we beat them.

Best and most liked post ive ever read about the Patriots on this forum! Right on man

Correction, you are an Indy Fan on the NFL General section of an Indy website . . . given somebody who enjoys telling us how our team does not understand the rules, one would think you of all people would know the rules and what can be posted and what is talked about in the general section of this site . . . just saying . . .

As for the draft, I am excited about Collins and Dobson, i was hoping we would get him and we did . . .

The others guys could work our and add depth . . . if then end up making the roster and are just depth players I will be happy . . .hope that other WR delevopes . . .

Tedy Bruschi has said it several times about the AFC champ in 2007. And Tedy never lies. :D

Ha! You guys play in Miami every year an complain our dome is set to 80? That actually doesn't sound uncomfortable to me. I disregard any groundskeeper antics. We set it up to 80, and you guys thaw your field into mud to slow us down. It's all part of gamesmanship, if not really sportsmanship. I think they complained more about us "pumping in extra noise."

As far as the intentions of the thread goes, NE did well with the picks they had. They didn't have a lot to start with, but they managed to gather some role players. Nothing to brag about, but a nice draft.

Arizona is the team that I would want to trade drafts with.

In other words, hi pot, meet  kettle

:spit::lol:     :deadhorse::pkb:

Not impressed at all with the Pats draft. The only picks I liked were Collins and Buchanan. Don't like the raw receivers (should have drafted Patton or Woods in the first (had they not traded down) and Duron Harmon is just Bill Belichick trying to show everyone he's smarter than them. Horrible value with him. C+.

What does that mean? Ill bite - exactly how does "turning the dome up to 80 degrees" or "calling a kicker anything" constitute cheating? You dont have to answer that. You cant - so I know you will just look for more childish pot/kettle references.

So this is what ill say. NE was fined and lost draft picks for cheating. Unless IND has been fined and lost draft picks then your pot/kettle reply makes no sense.

Its cool. I knew what type a duwd you were before I responded. You troll other teams looking for attention. Im an Indy fan on an Indy website, and when I respectfully said i didnt care about NE's draft, you started talking about thermometers and kickers. Whats that about?

^^^^^* THIS totally agree

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/2013/04/26/patriots-draft-linebacker-jamie-collins/DwRDIKKOaPgm9NrEAPBREO/story.html

I like the players the Pats selected. They addressed every need thus far - pass rusher, WR, and DB.

DE Collins has a cool back story. His college team went 0-12 and he still had 20 tackles for a loss and 10 sacks and got invited to the Senior Bowl. What a great story.

Like the fact that the DBs are from Rutgers and will have familiarity with McCourtney in the secondary. If they work anything like McCourtney than the Pats will have a much better secondary especially with Talib and Adrian Wilson back there.

Not sure about the WR. He is from Marshall, big, good hands but most seem to think he will need some work. I am hoping he is Moss 2.0. lol. Hopefully Brady can bring him up fast. They need a threat on the outside badly. 

Here is a great little story about Harmon, the DB the Pats selected that apparently no one knew would get drafted on day two. Not even the networks.

The 6-1 Delaware native was the Patriots’ annual pick that surprised the pundits. He was not invited to the combine, and both ESPN and the NFL Network, who have hundreds of highlight packages ready for players who are drafted, did not have one for him.

Asked if he laughed about the situation, Harmon started to chuckle.

“Yeah, I did laugh. My mother, she was very excited and she was like, ‘Hold on baby, where’s your clips?’ ” he said. “I was like, ‘Mommy, I don’t think they knew I was going today, so I don’t think they had any clips ready for me.’ She was little upset about me not having clips, but me getting drafted overtook her sadness."

Yes good draft, collins great potential  , dobson can become  deep  receiver needed under Brady & staff  tutlege  etc etc

1 question cant wait to see what QB shows up to play then on Jets, what a mess

I dunno. Saying I like the Pats draft is like saying my ex-wifes new man is a good dude.

I will treat it the same way I do our draft...we won't know until we see who makes the team and how they contribute. Other than that...as a competitor....I like what the Colts did and I care less about what the Pats did.

Sorry J.J., I'll care just a smidge for you. ;)

Cry much?

As for "cheating", the only thing that the Patriots did was videotape what was clearly visible from any point on the field. Even the Colts' coach and GM at the time said that what they did contributed nothing to their wins.

But keep on with these grand delusions that what the Patriots did actually affected the outcomes of games. It's pretty laughable.

Oh, and at least the Patriots' FO didn't tank a season to get the #1 rated college QB.

It's pretty laughable.

Oh, and at least the Patriots' FO didn't tank a season to get the #1 rated college QB.

Please tell me the irony of this isn't lost on you.

I have to ask though. Why do you keep bringing up "Well Polian and Dungy said it wasn't cheating so there." Of all the arguments you could make, against Spygate being overblown, that is by far the weakest.

Because a very simple way to counter that would be to say, "Well one of your own ex coaches said it was cheating so there."

Doesn't really sway anything.

Cry much?

As for "cheating", the only thing that the Patriots did was videotape what was clearly visible from any point on the field. Even the Colts' coach and GM at the time said that what they did contributed nothing to their wins.

But keep on with these grand delusions that what the Patriots did actually affected the outcomes of games. It's pretty laughable.

This issue is old & all parties involved have had respectful level-headed conversations. If you were having a bad day & needed something/one to lash out at for you to feel better - Im cool with that. 

Now please continue being the calm cool cat Im sure you normally are.

To answer your question though - unfortunately due to an illness in the family - I have cried recently. Did you care or just being rude?

I dunno. Saying I like the Pats draft is like saying my ex-wifes new man is a good dude.

I will treat it the same way I do our draft...we won't know until we see who makes the team and how they contribute. Other than that...as a competitor....I like what the Colts did and I care less about what the Pats did.

Sorry J.J., I'll care just a smidge for you. ;)

I'll take a smidge;)

Cry much?

If Bill didn't think it was helping them win games , then why did he do it ? Judging by the fine and loss of draft picks , someone thought this was a little more than you infer. Do I think it really "altered " the history of the league ? No but IMO , you can't dismiss it in the manner that you have .

Oh... and if the Pats had Curtis Painter leading a washed up , highly injured lineup in 2011 , they would have had the number one pick without doing anymore tanking than the Colts did. Really a ridiculous remark. Please tell me how you convey to 53 guys every week that they need to lose the game ? Don't you think at some point in time that would leak out ? The only way to really tank a season would be to sit your better players . You could do that for a game or two , but eventually it would become pretty obvious what was going on.

If Bill didn't think it was helping them win games , then why did he do it ? Judging by the fine and loss of draft picks , someone thought this was a little more than you infer. Do I think it really "altered " the history of the league ? No but IMO , you can't dismiss it in the manner that you have .

Oh... and if the Pats had Curtis Painter leading a washed up , highly injured lineup in 2011 , they would have had the number one pick without doing anymore tanking than the Colts did. Really a ridiculous remark. Please tell me how you convey to 53 guys every week that they need to lose the game ? Don't you think at some point in time that would leak out ? The only way to really tank a season would be to sit your better players . You could do that for a game or two , but eventually it would become pretty obvious what was going on.

I agree about spygate but you also can't dismiss a 2-14 season where the Colts routinely gave up on games. I agree they were not very good with Collins, Painter or Orlosvky at the helm but I saw them quit in many games. And they most certainly threw the last game of the season to get the number one overall pick.

Someones just upset of the big videoptaping stain on the Belichik era if theyre trying to say we tanked that season. Especially funny considering one of those games was against their fav.team in which Orlovsky was theatening to pull a second half comeback, which makes no sense if youre tanking a season.

Even more funny is they say we certainly tanked the last game vs the jags. How does that make any sense considering the 2 games prior against harder teams we won, thus we would putting ourselves in position to miss out on Luck with a win over Jags and against the Jags we were pushing a 4th q comeback.

I agree about spygate but you also can't dismiss a 2-14 season where the Colts routinely gave up on games. I agree they were not very good with Collins, Painter or Orlosvky at the helm but I saw them quit in many games. And they most certainly threw the last game of the season to get the number one overall pick.

So all those "suck for Luck" signs that were waving in the air duing every single Colts game were just decorative? Come on now. The Colts knew what was at stake. I don't think they set out to have a 2-14 season but when things went south early with Collins and they knew they were not a good team, they began tanking. It is interesting that you detail the Pats game where they basically did not show up for the second or third quarters letting Brady rack up obscene yardage and points only to mount a "comeback" in the fourth that amazingly fell just short.

So all those "suck for Luck" signs that were waving in the air duing every single Colts game were just decorative? Come on now. The Colts knew what was at stake. I don't think they set out to have a 2-14 season but when things went south early with Collins and they knew they were not a good team, they began tanking. It is interesting that you detail the Pats game where they basically did not show up for the second or third quarters letting Brady rack up obscene yardage and points only to mount a "comeback" in the fourth that amazingly fell just short.

You don't win 2 of your last 3 games and only allow one TD in the game you lost if you're honestly trying to tank a season. 

You don't win 2 of your last 3 games and only allow one TD in the game you lost if you're honestly trying to tank a season. 

What about the first 13 games?? No team wants to go 0-16. Colts had their eye on the Rams and Minnesota the whole time who already had two wins by then. They did just enough to lose the last game. The entire fanbase would have lynched Irsay if he "won" that game. I think that has been acknowledged by just about everyone in football.

What about the first 13 games?? No team wants to go 0-16. Colts had their eye on Minnesota the whole time who already had two losses by then. They did just enough to lose the last game. The entire fanbase would have lynched Irsay if he "won" that game. I think that has been acknowledged by just about everyone in football.

When the Colts beat the Texans in week 16 IIRC Vikings had the 1st pick. Why would the Colts do this? 

note- The Vikings beat the Redskins 2 days later giving it back to the Colts

When the Colts beat the Texans in week 16 IIRC Vikings had the 1st pick. Why would the Colts do this? 

note- The Vikings beat the Redskins 2 days later giving it back to the Colts

Vikes had two wins before week 16. Cards week 5 and Panthers week 8. But like I said, that does not explain the first 13 weeks when the Colts did not even bother to show up for games which gave then the inside track on Luck at the end of the season.