Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We should draft RB Marcus Lattimore with our 4th round pick

At least I think so. We know Grigson is willing to take a flyer on talented guys who's been injured (Chapman ACL/meniscus), and Lattimore was a definite first rounder before his injury, whereas Chapman was a second round prospect. Why not use that formula again? Put him or IR for the season and we'd have a clear upgrade next year if Donald Brown isn't resigned. He would fit perfectly in Pep's scheme.

I feel it would be worth it as Lattimore is the complete back and could be better than Trent Richardson imo. He has excellent hands out of the backfield, great vision, runs violent. He's just so natural and instinctive. 

Would you be mad if we took Lattimore with our 4th round pick?

Wouldn't touch that guy with a ten foot pole. Why spend a 4th on a RB who tore his acl his sophomore year, then totally destroyed the other knee his junior year? That position already takes a pounding, why draft one that is already coming in damaged?

I think the chances are that Lattimore doesn't play much this year, if at all.

So,  are you ready to spend a 4 on a player who sits out a year?

I think it was OK to do it last year....    first,  we already had a ton of picks before the Chapman pick and more behind him.   But we won't this year.    If we don't trade down,  we'll only have 2 before the 4th and three more well after that pick.    

I think that decreases the odds of taking him.  

I just don't think we can afford to do it this year....

Also....  I think he's more a zone scheme running back.   Not to say he couldn't be good in our system.   But better in a different one.

As long as we have filled G and OLB, I would love to take him in the 4th. But I have a feeling he'll be gone by then. Like Dustin said, I can see him going to the 9ers in the 3rd. A team that can afford to take a chance.

I'd target Kenjon Barner or Knile Davis in the 6th.

Wouldn't touch that guy with a ten foot pole. Why spend a 4th on a RB who tore his acl his sophomore year, then totally destroyed the other knee his junior year? That position already takes a pounding, why draft one that is already coming in damaged?

I agree with this, but some team is going to get a steal. I remember watching this guy his freshman year at South Carolina, and just knew he was going to be special.

However, a 4th-5th round pick can still get you a solid starter, but it sure is intriguing to think about a healthy Lattimore being on the Colts. Unfortunately, a player coming back from an injury like that and having a successful long(ish) career like McGahee is almost unheard of.

I would be willing to spend a 5th rd on him. Just too many questions about his knees and he wasn't a break away back before. He could pound between the tackles and has good vision but really I thought he wouldn't make a great pro back. Bigger backs are just bigger targets in the nfl. Adrian Petterson aside i like the bowling ball small backs like MJD and Rice. I know  some bigger ones can be successful but I just prefer those smaller compact runners that get lost in the giants and don't seem to go down.