Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The REAL reason DHB picked.colts over lions

BronxColtNYC

I was a bit skeptical that a guy (DHB) who publicly sang the praises of Matthew Stafford and the lions organization prior to being signed, chose the colts instead. Here's the real reason.

Colts have an estimated 38 million 2014 cap space (without carry over and tv contact push) http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Colts&Year=2014

Lions: 6 million OVER the 2014 cap http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Lions&Year=2014

DHB has no future in Detroit past 1 year.

I'm positive Grigson told DHB, if he came in and worked his tail off, there may be a future with this team.

There you have it. Grigson= great talent evaluator, money manager, now add recruiter to that.

Discuss...

I was a bit skeptical that a guy (DHB) who publicly sang the praises of Matthew Stafford and the lions organization prior to being signed, chose the colts instead. Here's the real reason.

Colts have an estimated 38 million 2014 cap space (without carry over and tv contact push) http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Colts&Year=2014

Lions: 6 million OVER the 2014 cap http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Lions&Year=2014

I'm positive Grigson told DHB, if he came in and worked his tail off, there may be a future with this team.

There you have it. Grigson= great talent evaluator, money manager, now add recruiter to that.

Discuss...

I sure hope he shines for us and can get a good deal done think he will do great with luck

1 ? How do you start your own threads I notice you have made many do you have to do something special or can anyone do it?

I sure hope he shines for us and can get a good deal done think he will do great with luck

1 ? How do you start your own threads I notice you have made many do you have to do something special or can anyone do it?

He will shine, he seems open to learning from Reggie, and that's always a good sign. Hes also known to have an excellent work ethic. If luck can make Donnie Avery a household name, DHB will be a solid #2

P.s. go to the section "colts football...etc." at the top right of the thread box, it'll say start a new thread.

Happy posting!!!!

I 'liked' your post because you bring up an interesting point and kudos to you for bringing it up. 

However, I think it's a bit over-the-top to suggest this is THE reason why DHB signed. 

He's coming off a stint with a terrible team. Detroit can't shake their losing ways. They're deep into the Stafford era, have been building around him nicely with all-stars aplenty and still they couldn't get in the dance. 

We come off a devastating 2-14 year, tear the team down to the point where we're even firing trainers, start a rebuilding phase and win 11 games to at least get in the post season. 

I would say DHB had MANY reasons to pick us, this is just one of them. Having Chuck Norris jr at QB helps too I'm sure. 

I 'liked' your post because you bring up an interesting point and kudos to you for bringing it up. 

However, I think it's a bit over-the-top to suggest this is THE reason why DHB signed. 

He's coming off a stint with a terrible team. Detroit can't shake their losing ways. They're deep into the Stafford era, have been building around him nicely with all-stars aplenty and still they couldn't get in the dance. 

We come off a devastating 2-14 year, tear the team down to the point where we're even firing trainers, start a rebuilding phase and win 11 games to at least get in the post season. 

I would say DHB had MANY reasons to pick us, this is just one of them. Having Chuck Norris jr at QB helps too I'm sure. 

I agree, but DHB publicly spoke of his love of Stafford and lions organization. This was before he was signed. Every poster here had given up on the thought of landing him after that NFL.com article. Money talks, but so does security.

You bring up very good points as well.

P.s. My avatar is "Chuck Luck"

He will shine, he seems open to learning from Reggie, and that's always a good sign. Hes also known to have an excellent work ethic. If luck can make Donnie Avery a household name, DHB will be a solid #2

P.s. go to the section "colts football...etc." at the top right of the thread box, it'll say start a new thread.

Happy posting!!!!

I agree with you if he has a good season I see no reason why Grigson wouldn't lock him up as a possible future #1 WR

And thanks for the info I never knew how to start a thread lol I'm always on my iPod so I didn't know if I could on here but it's right where you said haha

I agree, but DHB publicly spoke of his love of Stafford and lions organization. This was before he was signed. Every poster here had given up on the thought of landing him after that NFL.com article. Money talks, but so does security.

You bring up very good points as well.

P.s. My avatar is "Chuck Luck"

Rather looks like "Moonshiner Andy", But "Chuck Luck" is perfect in more ways (I reckon You referred to Pagano too.)

Discuss...

Great post! (posts)

I'm rather hapless with salary cap, so I'm glad that we have a "capologist" aboard.

Excellent point of view, Grigson has a long term plan to build a SB contender team and he doesn't hesitate to recruit any player who can help us to reach.

I think DHB can be useful in more ways, he will be responsible for short pass routes I reckon. DHB made a long term decision as well, as proving himself would increase his market value.

It was a smart move from both sides.

Great post! (posts)

I'm rather hapless with salary cap, so I'm glad that we have a "capologist" aboard.

Excellent point of view, Grigson has a long term plan to build a SB contender team and he doesn't hesitate to recruit any player who can help us to reach.

I think DHB can be useful in more ways, he will be responsible for short pass routes I reckon. DHB made a long term decision as well, as proving himself would increase his market value.

It was a smart move from both sides.

Classic win-win.

Discuss...

$$$$$   :Yikes:

Or because the Lions suck. Either reason would do.

That's not nice lollygagger haha . It's not the "Lions" that suck as a whole, it's just their defense. That offense is high powered & will only get better since Ryan Broyles is healing completely now to compliment Megatron. But they have to work on that defense

Meh, I suspect it had more to do with winning than anything.  

Lions:

6-10 = 2010

10-6 = 2011

4-12 = 2012

Colts

11-5 = 2012; first year with rookie QB and rookie HC

The Lions in the past 3 years have had much of the same staff, QB, WR, etc.  They are simply not a consistent winning franchise.  The Colts are already on their way to be consistent again, with their lone bad season coming at the loss of PM.

If I'm DHB and the best I am sniffing is a 1 year deal, I am picking a winner and hoping I have my first chance to show up big in the playoffs.  He could parlay that into a Garcon sized deal, with ANY team.  If he pans out, I hope we re-sign him, but I suspect he wants to feel what winning is like again.  His chances are better here, IMO.

Meh, I suspect it had more to do with winning than anything.  

Lions:

6-10 = 2010

10-6 = 2011

4-12 = 2012

Colts

11-5 = 2012; first year with rookie QB and rookie HC

The Lions in the past 3 years have had much of the same staff, QB, WR, etc.  They are simply not a consistent winning franchise.  The Colts are already on their way to be consistent again, with their lone bad season coming at the loss of PM.

If I'm DHB and the best I am sniffing is a 1 year deal, I am picking a winner and hoping I have my first chance to show up big in the playoffs.  He could parlay that into a Garcon sized deal, with ANY team.  If he pans out, I hope we re-sign him, but I suspect he wants to feel what winning is like again.  His chances are better here, IMO.

:yeahright:   :Yikes:   $$$$

:yeahright: :Yikes: $$$$

Why wouldn't he want to play with the Colts? We went 11-5 with the 3rd best qb in the draft last year. Who broke tons of rookie passing records even with his horrible pass completion percentage....according to you.

Why wouldn't he want to play with the Colts? We went 11-5 with the 3rd best qb in the draft last year. Who broke tons of rookie passing records even with his horrible pass completion percentage....according to you.

:thanks:   :violin:   :Yikes:

:DANCING: 

There is no one definite answer for why a player chose a team, lots of variables and things that go through a players head. Money, team success, players around him, location, etc.

The mods won't let me use the Dancing emotocon any more. It doesn't surprise me, they are part of No Fun League reporting.... :Yikes:

Detroit and their locker room doesn't seem to be the place to go if you are a draft bust trying to re-build your career.  

They don't have as many problems as the Jets, but they have their problems, and you don't want that when you are trying to rebuild a career like DHB is doing.

You want to go to a strong and stable locker room.  The Colts have that.  

Detroit and their locker room doesn't seem to be the place to go if you are a draft bust trying to re-build your career.  

They don't have as many problems as the Jets, but they have their problems, and you don't want that when you are trying to rebuild a career like DHB is doing.

You want to go to a strong and stable locker room.  The Colts have that.  

I would take Stafford's big arm as opposed to an underthrowing Luck. Also, Megatron demands double coverage which means the other receiver won't get that. That is why I think it was a dollars decision...... :bored:   :Yikes:

I would take Stafford's big arm as opposed to an underthrowing Luck. Also, Megatron demands double coverage which means the other receiver won't get that. That is why I think it was a dollars decision...... :bored:   :Yikes:

I would take Andrew Luck's winning as opposed to Stafford's "losing with style"

Of course not all of that is Stafford's fault.

:yeahright:   :Yikes:   $$$$

I'd suspect the $$$ was the same or close in both places.  1 year deal?  3 million?  Pretty sure the Lions or Colts offered roughly that.

Now, as far as a future contract, the Colts angle is likely best as it puts the playoffs as a legitimate possibility.  If a 25/26 year old receiver did what Boldin did this post season, he'd be looking at a HUGE pay day if he was in a contract year.  We can only hope he has the opportunity to do that.

Eh?  Being across from Megatron I get.  But Stafford vs Luck?  It would only make sense to compare their rookie seasons at this point, and Luck has far surpassed that which Stafford did, and Stafford has had Megatron to throw to his entire career.

If I am given an option on those two QBs, I take Luck EVERY single time.

Why do people still reply to him, I skip over his posts and anybody quoting his posts, your just supporting his mental illness, without thinking I caught BronxColtNYS saying touche' to him way at the beginning, I would have said *' and the bag it came in, because that's what he is, ignore him!!!!! Yea I know it's not *' but *, but sounded cooler rhyming, ya know touche' and *' ROTFlmao

Ps. I used up my "likes" at like 2:30 am and it's almost 2 pm, do I have to wait 24 hours to get more likes or is it like 12 hours?????

Eh?  Being across from Megatron I get.  But Stafford vs Luck?  It would only make sense to compare their rookie seasons at this point, and Luck has far surpassed that which Stafford did, and Stafford has had Megatron to throw to his entire career.

If I am given an option on those two QBs, I take Luck EVERY single time.

Not if you are a speed receiver. Luck can't deliver the long ball. It is one of the reason Garcon` left. That and a lot of $.  :Yikes:

I'd suspect the $$$ was the same or close in both places.  1 year deal?  3 million?  Pretty sure the Lions or Colts offered roughly that.

Now, as far as a future contract, the Colts angle is likely best as it puts the playoffs as a legitimate possibility.  If a 25/26 year old receiver did what Boldin did this post season, he'd be looking at a HUGE pay day if he was in a contract year.  We can only hope he has the opportunity to do that.

He won't...... :Yikes:

I would take Andrew Luck's winning as opposed to Stafford's "losing with style"

Of course not all of that is Stafford's fault.

Neither is all of the winning because of Luck. Stafford has one of the strongest arms in the NFL. Luck does not. DHB is a speed receiver and he has Megatron getting the other teams best two defenders. I would have picked Detroit if the $$ were the same. I am sure they were not. Indy had to overpay for nearly every freeagent they signed. DHB was no different...... :Yikes:

Why do people still reply to him, I skip over his posts and anybody quoting his posts, your just supporting his mental illness, without thinking I caught BronxColtNYS saying touche' to him way at the beginning, I would have said *' and the bag it came in, because that's what he is, ignore him!!!!! Yea I know it's not *' but *, but sounded cooler rhyming, ya know touche' and *' ROTFlmao

Ps. I used up my "likes" at like 2:30 am and it's almost 2 pm, do I have to wait 24 hours to get more likes or is it like 12 hours?????

:highfive2:  :loco:   :Yikes:

Great post OP. I really hope DHB gets a second chance here. Darius Butler seems to be making the most of his opportunity. I love this club giving solid talent a chance to show their worth to teams. It must make other clubs jealous :D

And DHB has said on Twitter and other interviews every NFL player wants to win the Super Bowl.He wanted to go to a post season team for the shot at the title,he said so himself