Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The REAL reason DHB picked.colts over lions

BronxColtNYC

Not if you are a speed receiver. Luck can't deliver the long ball. It is one of the reason Garcon` left. That and a lot of $.  :Yikes:

Garcon wasn't worth the money he was paid.  He IS Darrius Heyward Bey, except that he makes about 5 times the salary.  Stafford is a good player, but Luck will be better.

Garcon wasn't worth the money he was paid.  He IS Darrius Heyward Bey, except that he makes about 5 times the salary.  Stafford is a good player, but Luck will be better.

I think Garcon` and RGIII will be a great team for years to come. Garcon` had an unfortunate injury year or he would gained 1000 yards. :Yikes:

I think Garcon` and RGIII will be a great team for years to come. Garcon` had an unfortunate injury year or he would gained 1000 yards. :Yikes:

I don't think they will get to work together long.  Garcon is injury prone, but he's not the one I'd worry about on the injury front.  It's RG3.

I don't think they will get to work together long.  Garcon is injury prone, but he's not the one I'd worry about on the injury front.  It's RG3.

RGIII is a smart man. He will learn how to protect himself and still give the Redskins a great run option. His coach is going to be more under control this coming year..... :Yikes:

RGIII is a smart man. He will learn how to protect himself and still give the Redskins a great run option. His coach is going to be more under control this coming year..... :Yikes:

If they run that trash offense, he won't last long.  He isn't built to take NFL abuse, and it's already apparent.

If they run that trash offense, he won't last long.  He isn't built to take NFL abuse, and it's already apparent.

There is nothing wrong with that offense. Many good QBs are running it. He just has to find a soft spot to land instead of trying to get extra yards....  I think you will see a big adjustment and a big year from him this year..... I would worry more about Luck and his slow release. He took more serious hits than RGIII.... Yes, he is bigger but even Big Ben gets hurt playing that way.... :Yikes:

There is nothing wrong with that offense. Many good QBs are running it. He just has to find a soft spot to land instead of trying to get extra yards....  I think you will see a big adjustment and a big year from him this year..... I would worry more about Luck and his slow release. He took more serious hits than RGIII.... Yes, he is bigger but even Big Ben gets hurt playing that way.... :Yikes:

This shows you know nothing.  Luck and Big Ben ran Arians offense, they both got killed.  RG3 took less hits sure, but he was out how long now?  Thanks.

This shows you know nothing.  Luck and Big Ben ran Arians offense, they both got killed.  RG3 took less hits sure, but he was out how long now?  Thanks.

Not long enough to keep him from being Rookie of the Year!!  :Yikes:

So smart that he doesn't even need to focus on football in the offseason. He can hang out with Obama and Morgan Freeman and make Adidas commercials all the time! I'm glad that I haven't heard a PEEP from Andrew since the Pro Bowl.

Edit: Sorry, you probably won't be able to understand the post without some of these bad boys :fb:  ;)  :highfive:  :clap:  :huthut:  :spit:  :colts:  :coltsfb:  :coltshorse:

Without knowing any of the details, here's my totally uninformed guess... Maybe DHB wasn't happy with any multi-year offers and was looking for a 1 year deal in the hopes that the multi-year deals next year would be much better should he have a breakout season.

To have a breakout season, the Colts and Lions would be good choices. Maybe the Lions didn't offer a 1 year contract?

It's not like he should be hurting for money. He was drafted before the rookie signing caps and made a ton of money off his rookie contract, so taking a smaller salary this year is a reasonable risk for a better payoff next year.

I didn't see him at the Pro Bowl!

Hell, it doesn't take anything to be in the Pro Bowl. Andrew Luck was even there throwing interceptions as usual..... RGIII got all of the hardware last year and he beat Luck for the Heisman in college too. He will beat him to the Super Bowl and an MVP too. But then, who won't?  :Yikes:

So smart that he doesn't even need to focus on football in the offseason. He can hang out with Obama and Morgan Freeman and make Adidas commercials all the time! I'm glad that I haven't heard a PEEP from Andrew since the Pro Bowl.

Edit: Sorry, you probably won't be able to understand the post without some of these bad boys :fb:  ;)  :highfive:  :clap:  :huthut:  :spit:  :colts:  :coltsfb:  :coltshorse:

The reason for that is that Luck can barely say his own name so no one wants to interview him. RGIII will beat him in endorsements about a 1000 to one. That kid is a star.... Luck, well not so much with 76.5 Passer Rating.... :Yikes:

I think this board is getting "Te'o"d by this guy. I don't think he's a Colts fan at all. And I certainly don't think he's 65 years old, because he certainly does not act his age. I smell "fake profile" a mile away.

Yeah he's a Broncos fan as he said in another thread. I just put him on ignore so I don't have to read his stupidity.

Yeah he's a Broncos fan as he said in another thread. I just put him on ignore so I don't have to read his stupidity.

Then I wish him the best of the Broncos forum. Qwizboy and Vance are okay in my book on here because it's friendly jibes. This guy smells like the garbage he rolls in beneath bridges.

I think DHB was promised the #1 WR spot when Reggie retires, assuming DHB plays well. DHB may also have been reminded that all the Colts receivers are either rookies or 1st-2nd year players, other than Reggie. DHB may also get the ball a lot and not be double teamed due to Reggie's presence. The city of Indy is also, well... nicer than Detroit. New stadium, young bright QB, indoors, and rich playoff history.

The Colts could have played this signing in so many different directions.