Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Network looks at the Colts Draft Possibilities....

NewColtsFan

.....  the Network is looking at each team....  and this is their look at the team in Indianapolis....

The story offers no new names....   just think out loud possibilities....

Also....   it basically concludes that because of everything we did in FA,  we can go in any direction we want come the draft....

Also....   there is a video insert in the story....   the video is from a few days ago (at least, perhaps longer)....    and that's nearly 6:00....    the most surprising thing to me was how little they know about the Colts....    

Still....   it's always good to see what others think from their perspective....   so I think you'll find it's worth a few minutes of your time....

Enjoy!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000158007/article/nfl-draft-questions-did-plans-change-for-colts

Why do all these "experts" keeping hinting at Te'o it wont happen we have other needs much ahead of ILB. 

Won't happen is pretty definitive.  I don't like the idea of Teo, but if Grigson seems something, I wouldn't complain.  All I can say is, our needs are just about even across the board.  We have carry overs at ILB from our cover 2 scheme, and aside from Freeman, none were hand picked by Grigson.  I could seem him wanting to bring in his guy at that position.

Please no Te'o. I would be very hesitant on spending a first round pick on someone who doesn't really seem to be all there. If he were in the league and were a FA, a la McClain, I would be all for giving him a cheap one year deal and seeing how he plays, but a first round pick? No thanks.

I'm excited to see who the Colts choose. I believe it's gonna be a surprise pick.

Same thing I recently convinced myself to believe. I'm sure the pick will be someone's name who barely is talked about on here, or was never brought up.

Grigson has shown that he doesn't care much for big names, so it wouldn't surprise me if it's someone who's not "too known" but fits what we're looking for

i would take xavier rhodes in 1st if he is there or another cb like trufant or banks cuz ur only 1 injury away from vaughn seeing plenty of playing time as the 3rd corner, just my thought and u really need 3/4 solid corners these days with all the 3 wr sets.

Please don't mention Vaughn touching the field. I'm still recovering from last year

Teo was exposed against Alabama missing tackles left and right against a semi-NFL caliber offense.  He seems to be a very confused and gullible young man and that is the optimistic view of him and his involvement with the whole Catfish fiasco. His skills are not enough to warrant adding a potential sideshow.  I don't expect the Colts to be interested. 

Since the DHB signing and the added luxury of being able to go BPA, I am starting to warm up to drafting the safety from Florida International...Cyprien. It just might be time to grab the successor to Bethea who most likely will be gone after this season.  He would also provide insurance this season in the event of an injury to either Landry or Bethea. 

Teo was exposed against Alabama missing tackles left and right against a semi-NFL caliber offense. He seems to be a very confused and gullible young man and that is the optimistic view of him and his involvement with the whole Catfish fiasco. His skills are not enough to warrant adding a potential sideshow. I don't expect the Colts to be interested.

Since the DHB signing and the added luxury of being able to go BPA, I am starting to warm up to drafting the safety from Florida International...Cyprien. It just might be time to grab the successor to Bethea who most likely will be gone after this season. He would also provide insurance this season in the event of an injury to either Landry or Bethea.

Especially since this is Bethea's last year under contract. I would be surprised if he's reaigned next year. Shamarko Thomas would be another I would look at if the happen to trade back and add extra picks

Oh heck stay away from Shamarko, I want My Safeties to be tall enough to be able to ride the kiddie rides,

Baccari Rambo

Robert Lester

Cooper Taylor

Ray Ray Armstrong

Brandan Bishop

Duke Williams

Any of those

Oh heck stay away from Shamarko, I want My Safeties to be tall enough to be able to ride the kiddie rides,

Baccari Rambo

Robert Lester

Cooper Taylor

Ray Ray Armstrong

Brandan Bishop

Duke Williams

Any of those

Bob Sanders couldn't ride the kiddie rides. You didn't like him?

Please please please dont take Teo.  Maybe its just me but I dont see anything about him that stands out.

I don't think you need to worry. I don't see anyway we take a chance on him. He really isn't that good anyway IMO and the fact that he's admitted to folding under pressure sure isn't going to help him look good to NFL teams. I'm still not sold he'll go in the 1st rd., but if he does, it won't be us IMO.

Bob Sanders couldn't ride the kiddie rides. You didn't like him?

sure for the 2 years we had him when he was relatively healthy (2005-14 games played, 2007-15 games played), Little dudes recklessly slamming into bigger dudes (such as TE's) just does not usually have a good end result for the little dude and even if he dont get injured he gets picked on over the top because of his height, I'd take any of those lower round Safeties any day 

Especially since this is Bethea's last year under contract. I would be surprised if he's reaigned next year. Shamarko Thomas would be another I would look at if the happen to trade back and add extra picks

Thomas is strictly a SS...he wouldn't replace Bethea

sure for the 2 years we had him when he was relatively healthy (2005-14 games played, 2007-15 games played), Little dudes recklessly slamming into bigger dudes (such as TE's) just does not usually have a good end result for the little dude and even if he dont get injured he gets picked on over the top because of his height

Matt Elam is considered the best SS in the draft and he's only 1 inch taller than Thomas. That 1 inch is not even noticeable when players are in uniform. I think you're making way too much out of a SS's height, which really means pretty much nothing. Thomas had one of the best vertical's at the combine, 40.5 inches. I don't think he would have much trouble with anybody going over the top of him.

If Team Grigson believes Sidbury and Walden are the next 3-4 version of Mathis and Freeney, then Teo doesn't really sound all that far fetched either.  I don't personally want him, but weirder things have happened.

Pretty sure they would consider them the OPPOSITE of M&F.

More as run stoppers and able to play in space.

Matt Elam is considered the best SS in the draft and he's only 1 inch taller than Thomas. That 1 inch is not even noticeable when players are in uniform. I think you're making way too much out of a SS's height, which really means pretty much nothing. Thomas had one of the best vertical's at the combine, 40.5 inches. I don't think he would have much trouble with anybody going over the top of him.

yes I know he was tied with Eric Reid for first, with that said if one big Safety such as Reid jumped 40.5 inches and another for example 5'9" Safety jumped 40.5 inches Ill take the 6'1 guy or Ill take the 6'1 guy that jumped a couple inches less because his wing span more then likely will make up for jumping an inch or two shorter

Baccari Rambo

Robert Lester

Cooper Taylor

Ray Ray Armstrong

Brandan Bishop

Duke Williams

Any of those

Great!     They're tall enough....      they're just not talented enough.....

Now I get it..!!!      :thmup:

This review/clip is actually closer to a week old.  They did a small piece day before yesterday on the colts draft possibilities and they were all mixed up.  They even said we could wait till the second round to take Manti Teo'....ahh...duh!  We don't have a 2nd round pick!  I don't think these guys are doing very much homework before they comment...they're just picking out well known/frequently talked about names.   

I do think we should seriously consider WR in round 1.  I expect Cordarrell Patterson, Tavon Austin, and possibly Keenan Allen to be off the board by 24.  If Allen or Justin Hunter are available they would be great pickups.  DeAndre Hopkins is no slouch either.  

John Simon, DE, Ohio State - This guy in the 3rd round would be a solid guy to add some pass rush ability and a great motor.  Here is a description from Walterfootball:  He finished 2012 with 44 tackles, 14.5 tackles for a loss, nine sacks, one forced fumble and four passes broken up. The senior has one of the best motors of any defender in college football.

In round 4 we could go OG...there are a number of good guards in this draft...not just the three or four that NFL knuckleheads keep talking about. 

Baccari Rambo

Robert Lester

Cooper Taylor

Ray Ray Armstrong

Brandan Bishop

Duke Williams

Any of those

Ray Ray Armstrong could turn out to be the best safety in the draft, but he has the dreaded "Character Issues", most fans here make the #1 thing in evaluating players..He could be had in the 4th or later and has the BIGGEST upside of any safety and could be a gamewrecker if coached and developed right...Yes, he is a risk, but no risk no reward...We have been playing it safe way too long here, the Pats and Seahawks take risks and seem to be doing ok I thought with Polian gone we might too, I hope so...

So why are we taking a Safety again? We have Landry, Bethea, Lefeged....... oh yeah Zib is gone.

Well, let's grab TY's old teammate. That should work out

I think I safety should be looked at with Bethea in his last year. Hopefully, with Landry here he can back to playing center field like he did when Bob was here.

This review/clip is actually closer to a week old. They did a small piece day before yesterday on the colts draft possibilities and they were all mixed up. They even said we could wait till the second round to take Manti Teo'....ahh...duh! We don't have a 2nd round pick! I don't think these guys are doing very much homework before they comment...they're just picking out well known/frequently talked about names.

I do think we should seriously consider WR in round 1. I expect Cordarrell Patterson, Tavon Austin, and possibly Keenan Allen to be off the board by 24. If Allen or Justin Hunter are available they would be great pickups. DeAndre Hopkins is no slouch either.

John Simon, DE, Ohio State - This guy in the 3rd round would be a solid guy to add some pass rush ability and a great motor. Here is a description from Walterfootball: He finished 2012 with 44 tackles, 14.5 tackles for a loss, nine sacks, one forced fumble and four passes broken up. The senior has one of the best motors of any defender in college football.

In round 4 we could go OG...there are a number of good guards in this draft...not just the three or four that NFL knuckleheads keep talking about.

Simon is a freaking hoss. I'm a Buckeye fan and he would be a great look later on but he has very little experience as an OLB. He played with his hand in the dirt primarily so I don't know how well he'd transition to OLB'er. He reminds me a lot of Jason Babin.

So why are we taking a Safety again? We have Landry, Bethea, Lefeged....... oh yeah Zib is gone.

Well, let's grab TY's old teammate. That should work out

I like Cyprien alot but 1st round selections should be starting right away in most cases and I think he falls under that category, the problem? We currently have a starting FS whos not to shabby in his own right, How Bethea played last year was overblown to an extent in my opinion, we had Cassius Vaughn out there and an inconsistent pass rush thats 2 handicaps. With all that said there is 1 scenario we could make it happen

Bethea will be 29 by the time the season starts, which is not old by a long shot but it does mean he is getting closer to 30 and around age alot of players tend to lose more value because teams know that sure they may be around a few more years but they dont have time on there side like  rookie does, So we could trade him and likely get a mid round pick for him- lets say 3rd maybe 4th at the most just to be safe and from there we can draft Cyprien and he can play from day 1

For me-I keep Bethea and draft a FS in the later rounds that can sit for a year or two then we can trade Bethea while he still has value (if that FS behind him we potentially draft is coming along real good) and get a mid round pick in the process