Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay's latest tweet (Saturday 3/16)

GoColts8818

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt that if we are "past the cap cash-wise" that we will be adding a contract like Fitz's... I'm with warriors.. don't think that this tweet has anything to do with Arizona... if we aren't trying to sign a WR (who? and can we afford it?) I think we are extending somebody (probably Davis) in a back-loaded way that frees up a little bit of space for draftees to be signed.... just a guess, though...

I doubt that if we are "past the cap cash-wise" that we will be adding a contract like Fitz's... I'm with warriors.. don't think that this tweet has anything to do with Arizona... if we aren't trying to sign a WR (who? and can we afford it?) I think we are extending somebody (probably Davis) in a back-loaded way that frees up a little bit of space for draftees to be signed.... just a guess, though...

The tweets def don't sound like an extension.....

I want to stress here I don't speak Irsayese but I think him saying they want this player bad means the guy isn't already on the roster. 

From what I saw on twitter when you take out money for rookies and players to sign for guys going on IR we have about five million left to spend on free agents this year.  That was before we released Zibs too.

Also as we have seen this off-season what we as fans want and think might be a guy the Colts want bad doesn't always mean it's really what the Colts are up too.  It could be they are after something like a back up QB or another Guard (although I expect McGlynn, Ijalana, Olsen, Reitz, and Anderson to battle it out in camp for the other starting guard spot).

I don't see any reason for Colts to do something stupid, not after the reserved way they acted in FA so far. It's probably just Irsay creating some hype to engage the fans. I didn't think trading for Vontae Davis last year warranted the hype he generated on Twitter. I like that they are aggressive and try to improve the team and hope to win while Luck and the talented young players they drafted last year are still under their rookie contracts.

I want to stress here I don't speak Irsayese but I think him saying they want this player bad means the guy isn't already on the roster. 

Also as we have seen this off-season what we as fans want and think might be a guy the Colts want bad doesn't always mean it's really what the Colts are up too.  It could be they are after something like a back up QB or another Guard (although I expect McGlynn, Ijalana, Olsen, Reitz, and Anderson to battle it out in camp for the other starting guard spot).

the Colts could also Draft a OG

I don't see any reason for Colts to do something stupid, not after the reserved way they acted in FA so far. It's probably just Irsay creating some hype to engage the fans. I didn't think trading for Vontae Davis last year warranted the hype he generated on Twitter. I like that they are aggressive and try to improve the team and hope to win while Luck and the talented young players they drafted last year are still under their rookie contracts.

You don't think it warranted the hype? Powers goes down, & we get Vontae. I really don't think we would've been 11-5 if Vaughn was our #1 CB. So I believe it did match the hype

How do you know?  I don't mean that in a snarky way but if you are that sure of it I just think us here would appreciate it if you shared how you know?

I don't know at all, i apologize for my wording... I just meant that its hard for me to imagine what players we might be trading away... our roster has more unfulfilled potential guys than trade bait guys. Most of their contracts are very reasonable... maybe Mathis, Redding, or Angerer are possibilities... beats me

I see how the way I said that made it look like I thought I knew... sry.. I honestly have no clue...

Yeah, I could see that. Especially if we are really wanting to draft Elam. The Fitz talk is beyond nonsense.

If I'm not mistaken (Holden89 or FX will correct me if I'm wrong) Matt Elam plays SS. If we trade Bethea & draft Elam, we'll have 2 SS's in Landry & Elam. Which one is gonna play FS?

If I'm not mistaken (Holden89 or FX will correct me if I'm wrong) Matt Elam plays SS. If we trade Bethea & draft Elam, we'll have 2 SS's in Landry & Elam. Which one is gonna play FS?

You are correct on that. I wasn't thinking straight.