Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay's latest tweet (Saturday 3/16)

GoColts8818

OR....who is their 2 in Arizona? Wasn't some kid there starting to come into his own?

No need of me lying, can't remember the last AZ gm I watched. I just assume they wouldn't part with Fitz. And if they did make him available, a few other trams would be bidding as well.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was on NFL.com last night when I was checking for tweet info

It was a bad report. He left NE without a contract. 

Posted Yesterday, 10:43 AM

5885.jpg

Updating a previous item, the Washington Observer-Reporter reports restricted free agent Emmanuel Sanders left New England Friday without signing an offer sheet.

It appears the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette jumped the gun. The Patriots are still considering whether to make an offer to Sanders, which would require them to give the Steelers their third-round draft pick if Pittsburgh didn't match the deal. The Boston Globe's Greg Bedard also confirmed Saturday that Sanders has yet to sign an offer sheet. One may still be coming in the near future.

Thanks. Being in AZ for an owner's meeting doesnt preclude an AZ deal.........especially when our previous Ocoordintor is now the HC there. Relax. We're just thinking out loud here.

I am relaxed. All I said is its not a cardinal WR. They wouldn't trade Floyd a year after drafting & we aren't going to give them what they want for Fitz. Trading for Roberts doesn't make sense when we could sign a guy of similar quality w/I giving up compensation.

I don't think the final decision from the Arizona side would be Arians. He's the HC not the GM. I don't know who the GM is but the Cardinal organization has a long history of being tight with it's money. Moving Fitzgerald, if that's what this is all about, could be about the almight dollar.

And Bruce Arains would get shanked.

Titans are reportedly targeting Dumervil, Im hoping like crap they get him because I think they will be the front runners in the draft for Damontre Moore, and I really want Moore to at least be an option for us (Still unrealistic I know)

I don't think the final decision from the Arizona side would be Arians. He's the HC not the GM. I don't know who the GM is but the Cardinal organization has a long history of being tight with it's money. Moving Fitzgerald, if that's what this is all about, could be about the almight dollar.

-sigh- tight with money and financially stupid are opposities.

It would be financially stupid to trade away your only playmaker (the guy everyone pays to see) when you've got a disappointed fan base. If you wanna talk the Bidwells fine....but their overarching goal is donkeys in the seats (paying customers). You trade away the best WR in Cardinals history and you'll really turn away a fanbase that is already lukewarm.

There, I thought it out for you.

The Arizona Cardinals are NOT trading away Larry Fitzgerald.

Since we are all here for a while may as well post up some vids of the suspects.

Let's kick it off with some Kevin Walters.   ha...ha...

I apologize in advance for the language of the music the original creator used in the vid.  If you are offended just view on mute.  The video highlights are pretty good though. 

-sigh- tight with money and financially stupid are opposities.

It would be financially stupid to trade away your only playmaker (the guy everyone pays to see) when you've got a disappointed fan base. If you wanna talk the Bidwells fine....but their overarching goal is donkeys in the seats (paying customers). You trade away the best WR in Cardinals history and you'll really turn away a fanbase that is already lukewarm.

There, I thought it out for you.

The Arizona Cardinals are NOT trading away Larry Fitzgerald.

We thought that about Peyton too?! He like no one else in league history put fans in the seats. He not only took us from blackouts to a full stadium but a new larger stadium. Fact is every team needs to know when to walk away. If the timing is right. Ours was and we took Luck. Arizona in that conference is not sniffing the playoffs. They have way more needs than what Fitzgerald can fill for them. He can't block OL, run the ball, throw the ball, and tackle. Its like the Revis thing. What good does it do the Jets to tie up so much of their franchise in a player when they have soo many needs to fix to be competitive. I have no clue what Fitz would bring them. Easily a 1st, maybe two firsts or second next year. Perhaps its a first and TY. Never-the-less I think he is more untradeable because teams would have to pay all that salary on top of loosing draft picks more-so than he just fills the seats. Arizona needs help...and selling him off would give them the chance to dig out of a bad mess.