Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Our O-line starting line up

chad72

Castanzo, Reitz, Shipley, Thomas, Cherilus

Backups at OT/OG: Jeff Linkenbach, Mike McGlynn

Backup at C: Satele

Question marks - Ben Ijalana???

Does that sound right?

As of right now, I think your right but I hope Ljalana is healthy and plays guard instead of Reitz to see what he has

At this point that's probably right, but we could still bring in another FA OG or possibly have a top OG drop to us in the draft that could wind up earning a starting spot.  But yeah, as of right now you're probably right.

I would love to see Shipley starting. I'm still not a huge fan of Reitz, I really hope we sign another FA guard. It looks good to me though. :thmup:

When Reitz was healthy, his chemistry with Castanzo seemed to be good. Hopefully he can stay healthy for 16 games. If he cant, he is gone next offseason, IMO.

Anderson never gets mentioned by FO or by fans or even Irsay.  He can't be too bad cause we still have him.

Normally, we carry 8 or 9 OLs. So, either Ijalana starts the year healthy at TC or he is gone. If we pick up a draft pick in the first 4 rounds for the OL, Ijalana is as good as gone, IMO.

At this point that's probably right, but we could still bring in another FA OG or possibly have a top OG drop to us in the draft that could wind up earning a starting spot.  But yeah, as of right now you're probably right.

if cooper or warmack fall to us in the draft i dont know how we dont take them to give a big upgrade and consistency that will help castonzo too. menelik watson from florida state who can play tackle or guard could be an option

Normally, we carry 8 or 9 OLs. So, either Ijalana starts the year healthy at TC or he is gone. If we pick up a draft pick in the first 4 rounds for the OL, Ijalana is as good as gone, IMO.

Ijalana tore his acl for the second time in August because he was comming back too soon. The Colts had sense enough not to do the same with Chapman. Ijalana should start out on PUP and not even test that knee until October.

Big DOUBT if the Colts will resign Shipley or if he would want to come back here.
Very good chance McGlynn will be the backup guard/center.
 Drafting our future Center this year would be very wise.

With a need for Mathis`s, Reggies, Reddings, & Satelle`s future replacement, likely they will give Thomas, Ijalana, Reitz, McGlynn & Ol' Link this year to see what they got at Guard. I believe there was some mention of that some weeks back by Griggs.

Big DOUBT if the Colts will resign Shipley or if he would want to come back here.

Very good chance McGlynn will be the backup guard/center.

Drafting our future Center this year would be very wise.

With a need for Mathis`s, Reggies, Reddings, & Satelle`s future replacement, likely they will give Thomas, Ijalana, Reitz, McGlynn & Ol' Link this year to see what they got at Guard. I believe there was some mention of that some weeks back by Griggs.

Not sure about that, Shipley filled in and may have outplayed Satele. He exceptionally smart and very strong. But if he has injury issues than I can see him being let go.

McGlynn played decent at G (and C), it's nice to have those versatile guys. Out of the three I'd let Satele walk if it came down to it. Contract shouldn't matter as much as performance.

Smo I would help Samson pack. :) 
 Things got better with Ship in an instant.
I have to believe that Ships very short arms is a universal no no, and coaches/QB`s have a problem with it.
There is a History of Short armed Remmington award winners not getting drafted/given a chance. Go figure.
 Cutting Satelle only saves $6xxx,ooo some thousand. But his salary JUMPS next year and surely he will be gone.

A very good reason to draft a really good Center prospect this year. Schwenke, Barret Jones?
Would take some munuverin' :D 
 If they do get a guy like that, a good chance he could beat him out and BYE. Whats a couple mill of dead $$$ when you can start working in your center of the Future? :thmup:

I really think those guys stay at backup and we snag a starting LG in FA since we have so much money left even after the Landry snag  or we go after a starting LG in the draft.

I dunno I dont think they wanna take the risk with anyone with past injuries since luck needs the best protection.

Ijalana tore his acl for the second time in August because he was comming back too soon. The Colts had sense enough not to do the same with Chapman. Ijalana should start out on PUP and not even test that knee until October.

Ok interwebs doctor...

I really think those guys stay at backup and we snag a starting LG in FA since we have so much money left even after the Landry snag  or we go after a starting LG in the draft.

I dunno I dont think they wanna take the risk with anyone with past injuries since luck needs the best protection.

Find me a Good Guard from College with No past injuries. Fewer available than you think. Its football!

I think people may have this kinda backwards with regards to guards. Thomas is a LG. Was Mankins back up in NE and was very good. A buddy of mine is a diehard pats fan and he said Thomas was a great LG but didn't play RG at all. When he was signed, both Chappy and Paul K from ESPN said he would unseat Reitz at LG. Doesn't mean he couldn't play right side I guess but why bring in a LG and move him over when our previous LG isn't very good.

I think people may have this kinda backwards with regards to guards. Thomas is a LG. Was Mankins back up in NE and was very good. A buddy of mine is a diehard pats fan and he said Thomas was a great LG but didn't play RG at all. When he was signed, both Chappy and Paul K from ESPN said he would unseat Reitz at LG. Doesn't mean he couldn't play right side I guess but why bring in a LG and move him over when our previous LG isn't very good.

Great observation. I was wondering the same thing. Lets go:

Castonzo ----- Thomas ----- Shipley ----- Ijalana ----- Cherilus

Castanzo, Reitz, Shipley, Thomas, Cherilus

Backups at OT/OG: Jeff Linkenbach, Mike McGlynn

Backup at C: Satele

Question marks - Ben Ijalana???

Does that sound right?

I like that with ijalana the wildcard...teh thing is, Grigs/Ol coach seemed to like Mcglynn so Thomas might be going to LG...wont know untill training camp

I think people may have this kinda backwards with regards to guards. Thomas is a LG. Was Mankins back up in NE and was very good. A buddy of mine is a diehard pats fan and he said Thomas was a great LG but didn't play RG at all. When he was signed, both Chappy and Paul K from ESPN said he would unseat Reitz at LG. Doesn't mean he couldn't play right side I guess but why bring in a LG and move him over when our previous LG isn't very good.

he also substituted for connolly, so he did play some RG. not only Mankings...he has plaid both G positions and i know it for a fact cause i saw him :)

Great observation. I was wondering the same thing. Lets go:

Castonzo ----- Thomas ----- Shipley ----- Ijalana ----- Cherilus

This would be my favorite. Thomas is going to be starting at LG, and I have heard that McGlynn will start over Reitz. IMO, I don't want either of them starting. I would love to see Ijalana in there at RG. This would be a serviceable O-Line for this year, and it would allow us to get best player available in the draft. Maybe Hunter???

This would be my favorite. Thomas is going to be starting at LG, and I have heard that McGlynn will start over Reitz. IMO, I don't want either of them starting. I would love to see Ijalana in there at RG. This would be a serviceable O-Line for this year, and it would allow us to get best player available in the draft. Maybe Hunter???

It's possible. After this FA period, I abstain from making draft predictions. I don't see a point because it could be anyone, probably someone I don't even have on my radar though haha.