Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tom Brady supposedly Enraged over Wes Welker being disgraced

bayone

A short time after news of Welker's defection broke, Tom Curran of Comcast SportsNet New England reported that he spoke to a Tom Brady source, who is "beyond enraged" at the terms of Welker's deal. The words "disgrace" and "disservice" were also used.

Now it's important to note here that those words are attributed to a person close to Brady, not thePatriots quarterback himself.

Still, it's easy to imagine Brady being extremely frustrated by how this process played out.

Losing a valuable teammate over a reported gap of $2 million is one thing. Letting him walk into the waiting arms of longtime rival Peyton Manning is capable of creating a special brand of bitter.

Hopefully we'll hear from the quarterback himself in the near future. For now, we can only imagine the dark cloud hovering above Brady Manor.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000150457/article/report-tom-brady-source-upset-over-wes-welker-deal

As I said in another thread, he restructured his contract with the thought that they were going to use the extra cap room to bring Welker back. Not suprised to hear that the Pats front office would do something like this.

It's possible they use that cap space to bring Vollmer back, or sign a vet like Reed or Freeney

I will miss Welker a lot, one of my favorite players of all time on the Patriots. Welker has few more good years ahead of him, plus he takes hits like a boss... He is a durable player and a true hard working player overcoming size deficits.

Manning is probably super excited having someone like Welker.

I will miss Welker a lot, one of my favorite players of all time on the Patriots. Welker has few more good years ahead of him, plus he takes hits like a boss... He is a durable player and a true hard working player overcoming size deficits.

Manning is probably super excited having someone like Welker.

Yep. They should make an interesting duo.

Brady is a baby throwing a fit. It's a business and not about him !

if these are truly Brady words he has a right to be upset..he could have very well made more money but restructured it possibly thinking they'd bring back welker which they didn't but hey now he had a younger version who is a bit injury prone with average hands I see amendola over 1k yards receiving this upcoming season

They've been backing off of this story for a few hours now saying that the "source close to Brady" is the person actually expressing the outrage...NOT Brady.  So who really knows what's going on?

I've lurked to some NE message boards and the fans there are 50-50 at best (most are * about Welker).  Calling out BB and Kraft.  Whoever has seen that on a PATS forum?  

I think we may be seeing the beginning of the end in NE.  Brady can't play forever.  And why would he want to?  Have you seen his wife (that makes alot more $ than him) and kids and house?

Just ride off into the sunset, Tom.  Play golf, service the wife and tend the cute kids.  RELAX...you've earned it.  You're set for life.

His source made the comments, not Brady.

I made sure to note that in the comments & post title said supposedly he is etc etc

some read it as is, some as they wish , who knows ???  what really is in ones mind unless Brady speaks up

This is laughable. Brady is 36 years old and has been with the Pats his whole career. He watch Branch leave, Givens leave, Milloy, Law. I mean he knows the deal. And Kraft specifically said when Brady signed the deal that NO players were discussed. Personally, I think Brady will be more upset if they don't significanlty bolster the D which I fully expected them to do.

And Amendola is a younger, quicker (albeit not as durable) slot guy. Brady will make him look like even more of a superstar than he was with the Rams. Remember people were outraged that we gave the fins a 2 and a 7 for Welker and then he became the best slot reciever in the game just as Gronkowski became the best TE in the game and Moss had the best season of any WR in the history of football with Brady.

This is laughable. Brady is 36 years old and has been with the Pats his whole career. He watch Branch leave, Givens leave, Milloy, Law. I mean he knows the deal. And Kraft specifically said when Brady signed the deal that NO players were discussed. Personally, I think Brady will be more upset if they don't significanlty bolster the D which I fully expected them to do.

And Amendola is a younger, quicker (albeit not as durable) slot guy. Brady will make him look like even more of a superstar than he was with the Rams. Remember people were outraged that we gave the fins a 2 and a 7 for Welker and then he became the best slot reciever in the game just as Gronkowski became the best TE in the game and Moss had the best season of any WR in the history of football with Brady.

Laughable.

Doesn't matter who the name is, Welker, Brown, Amendola, Edelman, Branch, if ya get open Brady will put your name on the map

There are reasons why Pats fans have to admit Randy Moss was one of the biggest FA signings in their history. Great players are great players and they generally don't come cheap.

In 09 playoff after Welker was injured in the wk16 meaningless regular season game at Texans, Edelman replaced him and played OK, but Brady still couldn't find the rythm and they lost to Ravens at home.

you can never deny the durablity as one of the most important attributes of slot receivers. They get hit by LBs and safeties all the time. Look at Austin Collie, who can deny his hands and routes and chemistry with Manning? But if he is not on the field he is nobody.

I love this acquisition. Wes Welker can be used on screens out of the backfield too. Welker will move the chains with slant routes & the running game too. I still want RB Steven Jackson in Denver though. Just how upset was Brady really? He had to know that losing Welker was a possibility. 

Right now, if I were #18, I'm sitting down with Welker tapping his brain for what's Brady thinking in this situation? Red Zone? 3rd & 8? Where does Welker like the ball? In stride? Over a specific shoulder? Is he cool being a decoy? Welker will get his touches and Peyton will give him his accolades & respect. I am confident of that. I know that Brady respected Welker immensely. The Patriot front office...They were ready to release him. No surprise there. 

Welker feels slighted, his contributions undervalued, & he figures what the Hades, if I can't play for Brady, Manning won't miss a beat & there will be zero drop off in field general expertise & precision. Plus, playing for 2 HOF QBs is a rare opportunity that most WR's would kill for. I sure would. 

Welker is ticked off & on a mission to prove that NE made a mistake...And they did too...Welcome to Denver Wes...Glad to have you in Colorado...You won't be phased out of the offense here...Nice Job John Elway!  :thmup:

What Brady is thinking right now: Gronk is always hurt, Aaron Hernandez is still learning, & there is always an adjustment to a new system for Danny Amendola. Translation: Wes Welker was Mr. Reliable. Whatever I needed, he acquired. I'm telling you man losing your security blanket messes with your head...

Welker moves the 1st down chains baby...Plus, since his knee issue in 2008, Wes has been perfectly healthy. A great free agency pickup!!!

Wes Welker=Ray Allen

They will get over it. It's all about the playoffs though and having a well rounded team when it matters, that makes the key plays when it matters.

Sure they will get over it if Amendola can stay healthy (a big if considering his history) but losing Welker to a major rival that can directly benefit from him and improve maybe to the next level is really another story.

Lastly, Welker has a knack for being on the exact same wavelength as his QB. He was in sync with his QB in Miami, in New England, & Denver will be no different. Plus, he's small with a low center of gravity = exceptional balance & hard guy to tackle or find in a pile. Plus, Wes has loose hips meaning that he changes direction well. A proven commodity with a chip on his shoulder...Very Nice!

Wes Welker=Ray Allen

They will get over it. It's all about the playoffs though and having a well rounded team when it matters, that makes the key plays when it matters.

I agree Jules, but there is no guarantee that Danny Amendola will do precisely what I bolded either. NE has had a ton of good fortune come their way starting with Randy Moss in 2007. Eventually, karma turns the other way & a team get snake bit with a serious dose of toxic venom & no antidote in sight. I respect NE, but sooner or later, the gravy train literally stops dead in it's tracks...Losing Welker will haunt Brady. Perhaps not right away, but in December it will. I guarantee it.

You can't always just plug guys in like an electrical cord. It's kind of like an intense, emotional bond with a girlfriend/boyfriend. You might have other lovers, but those who know you better than you know yourselves you never forget & that screws with your psyche.

I agree Jules, but there is no guarantee that Danny Amendola will do precisely what I bolded either. NE has had a ton of good fortune come their way starting with Randy Moss in 2007. Eventually, karma turns the other way & a team get snake bit with a serious dose of toxic venom & no antidote in sight. I respect NE, but sooner or later, the gravy train literally stops dead in it's tracks...Losing Welker will haunt Brady. Perhaps not right away, but in December it will. I guarantee it. 

What good fortune? Sure, regular season awards/stats and a few losses in the Super Bowl. Thats a far cry from being 3-0 in Super Bowls in the first half of the 2000's. I preferred the old Pats who won the 3 SBs with the gritty physical nature on both sides of the ball. That was a team I used to look at and want our Colts to model themselves after more. Solid in the trenches and good depth everywhere. Great coaching. Great QB who does not always have to be the hero and get the stats.

But, they might never get the old days back. And the old formula, times change, the league changes and everyone gets older.

I agree Jules, but there is no guarantee that Danny Amendola will do precisely what I bolded either. NE has had a ton of good fortune come their way starting with Randy Moss in 2007. Eventually, karma turns the other way & a team get snake bit with a serious dose of toxic venom & no antidote in sight. I respect NE, but sooner or later, the gravy train literally stops dead in it's tracks...Losing Welker will haunt Brady. Perhaps not right away, but in December it will. I guarantee it.

You can't always just plug guys in like an electrical cord. It's kind of like an intense, emotional bond with a girlfriend/boyfriend. You might have other lovers, but those who know you better than you know yourselves you never forget & that screws with your psyche.

Yeah I am a bit unsure about Amendola too. Time will tell. Maybe he can stay healthy though. Seems like he has had a lot of bad luck.

Good luck to Welker and Amendola on their new teams.

At the very least all this drama should make for an interesting Pats/Broncos game next year. :thmup: