Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

landry has left

CR91

I wonder if Indy wants Pollard now that he's been released and that's why Laundry isn't a Colt. Did the Colts purposesly low ball him so they could move on to Pollard?

If they did it would have been a mistake on 2 accounts in my opinion

1.Both players are pretty close in number of games played (Pollard came into the league 1 year before Landry) and pretty even all around talent wise

2.Why would they waste time low balling him instead of just offering the player that they want (In your scenario Pollard) a good deal, Both players are pretty equal in talent, Low balling could get a good deal on one of them but it could also waste time if you really want one player over the other only to try to have that first player turn down the low ball deal and risk the player you actually really want signing with another team

Hope that makes sense, Im not saying low balling dont work but I dont believe we are in a position talent wise to be low balling any players let alone very talented ones

I am gonna guess they will draft Matt Elam out of Florida, and use the rest of out money on any of the following O-line/Linebackers/receivers 

I highly doubt that's the plan.  There's no way of knowing if Elam would still be there when it comes our turn to pick.  I don't believe they'd hang their future at the SS position on a specific player in the draft.

If they did it would have been a mistake on 2 accounts in my opinion

1.Both players are pretty close in number of games played (Pollard came into the league 1 year before Landry) and pretty even all around talent wise

2.Why would they waste time low balling him instead of just offering the player that they want (In your scenario Pollard) a good deal, Both players are pretty equal in talent, Low balling could get a good deal on one of them but it could also waste time if you really want one player over the other only to try to have that first player turn down the low ball deal and risk the player you actually really want signing with another team

Hope that makes sense, Im not saying low balling dont work but I dont believe we are in a position talent wise to be low balling any players let alone very talented ones

Good point.

Hmm......... if we don't sign a SS. I'm thinking Matt Elam, Shaun Williams, Rambo, or Cyprus in the Draft

cyprien. I like shawn williams alot. Bacarri rambo and shawn williams would be a great tandem, especially since they played side by side at Georgia.

And what are we supposed to do with Bethea if we were to ever grab both of them? Lol

Betheas contract is up next year.  He wont be worth another one. Hes good, yes, but not better than average. Technically, they are both strong safeties, but Williams played SS while Rambo played FS beside him. so, Williams is more prone to aggressive tackling and Rambo really is a ballhawk. Georgia is a blue chip college team and these two were very important pieces.