Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Landry is in the Building [Merge]

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Vasquez took less then 6 million per year to play with the Bronco's.  

Now you can either believe 1 of 2 things.

A. Grigson failed to offer up 6 million a year for Vasquez and a bunch of other GM's also didn't want to pay the man 6 million a year.  And if that is true they are all likely idoits.

B. Vasquez really wanted to play for the Bronco's, who just happen to be the best team in the AFC and the one most likely to win a SB at this point.  

I'm thinking it's option B.  

Hey, you get out of here with that common sense stuff.    lol

:)

landry may be asking too much. the buccs gave goldson 8 mill per

Yeah as others have already said, I'm thinking that's why nothing's happened.  That or them finding out that Pollard is available now.  That's got to be a bit of a difficult situation.  They already had the visit with Landry scheduled and then you find out Pollard gets cut this morning and is now available.  Gotta make them rethink their plans a little bit.

Thomas is worth 4 as a backup but Vasquez not worth 6.  

I think the guy wants to win a Superbowl.  He wants money too but he wants the super bowl more.

I would be very disappointed if Thomas is a bu with us.  That would mean he couldn't beat out McGlynn.

Brad Wells (BBS) ‏@StampedeBlue

Worth noting that the Broncos had significantly less cap room than the Colts, yet signed OG Vasquez and are about to sign Welker.

Says It all....

The fact you agree with that also means you didn't pay attention to Irsay. Vasquez may not be huge, Welker is certainly a "neon name" do we really need big names? Landry is good(if signed)Cherilus is good. Freeman took the fans by storm, and he had been considered a bust.

Finally, the truth, grigs gotta make sure he can give himself a fat bonus for being GM of the year.. we all know that money isn't going for actual talent

Smh...

so far nothing, but i have a feeling something will get done soon since goldson signed his contract and im guessing landry is gonna want something similar

I would certainly hope that Grigs doesn't give him close to 8 million per year.  That is just crazy IMO for a safety.

Pat Tillman, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady

Peyton Manning? Since when did he take less to play anywhere? Pat Tillman is an American hero and as far as I'm concerned there are not many that would approach his kind of ethics. Fact is that players, the very vast majority anyway, go after the $.

Me? nothing.. But i don't own an nfl team

With Pollard being released out of Baltimore, the Colt's shouldn't feel too much pressure to pay the guy too much money.  There is another safety on the market who has comparable talent at a comparable age.  

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 13, 2013 - discussing moderation
Hidden by Nadine, March 13, 2013 - discussing moderation

It's kind of funny watching him make a complete fool of himself though. He thinks he's being smart but every body is making fun of him.

We could hope. It took ADayWithoutRain a few weeks to get hit.

i got freaking suspended a long time ago for replying to the same user in 2 different threads with "lol".....    

get this guy outta here

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 13, 2013 - discussing moderation
Hidden by Nadine, March 13, 2013 - discussing moderation

i got freaking suspended a long time ago for replying to the same user in 2 different threads with "lol".....    

get this guy outta here

I already reported him. Let's hope that helps.

Peyton Manning? Since when did he take less to play anywhere? Pat Tillman is an American hero and as far as I'm concerned there are not many that would approach his kind of ethics. Fact is that players, the very vast majority anyway, go after the $.

the titans offered Peyton more than the broncos did

With Pollard being released out of Baltimore, the Colt's shouldn't feel too much pressure to pay the guy too much money.  There is another safety on the market who has comparable talent at a comparable age.  

But we have to "poo or get off the pot" if you know what I mean or we'll lose out on the opportunity to sign either of them.

I would think that an average of 5-6 mil is reasonable for Landry. But now that the topic came up, what would YOU be willing to spend on him?

I'd go with what you said.  I know Landry was the rave coming out of college, but did he really define himself as a stud S in the NFL?  I just don't think so.  If we give him close to Goldson money, I think that would be Grigs first mistake in overpaying.

And when did Brady switch teams? Players will stay with a team for less but not switch teams unless there is a different circumstance like an old coach. People don't test the market and then take less because they want to play for a winner. Next to never anyways.

I hear what you're saying. I still want Landry though. Not to mention, I worry about locker room chemistry if we bring Pollard to start over Zibs again. You have to imagine that he would be devastated to flee Baltimore to escape Pollard just to sit behind him again.   :lol:

I hear what you're saying. I still want Landry though. Not to mention, I worry about locker room chemistry if we bring Pollard to start over Zibs again. You have to imagine that he would be devastated to flee Baltimore to escape Pollard just to sit behind him again.   :lol:

they can have a boxing match haha